Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

• Please log in to reply
1188 replies to this topic

#1081 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Argh. I am trying to finish off the Thieves Guild quests and Delvin/Vex just will not give me any jobs in Markarth. I've finished everything in the other three cities and turned down a bunch of Riften jobs. Have not even been offered a single one in Markarth. Is there a way to fix this?

Why do you need jobs in markarth? I did some random jobs but it was just to get my pickpocket a higher level.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1082 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Why do you need jobs in markarth? I did some random jobs but it was just to get my pickpocket a higher level.

You can't completely finish the thieve's guild without doing random jobs in each hold and then doing a special job in each one after.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#1083 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

ohh ok. I remember doing one special job, but i forget where and what it was. :/

#1084 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I think you just have to do a lot of save/reloads to trigger a Markarth quest there? Unless
Spoiler

#1085 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

I think you just have to do a lot of save/reloads to trigger a Markarth quest there? Unless

Spoiler

I hope it's not something like that. I sided with the Imperials but I don't remember what happened to Markarth along the way. I had no problem getting jobs in Windhelm though.

I'll probably go build my Hearthfire houses and finish my werewolf perks and then go back and see if anything has changed. Just through Googling I've found some people mentioning this same problem (with different cities, so it's not specific to Markarth) but I haven't seen any answers except "wait a while and keep trying."

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1086 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I wanted to use some Giant's Toes to create some potions, but they weren't showing up in my list of ingredients. As it turns out, they are marked as quest items, so I can't use them. I think it's because I started the "A Night to Remember" quest (begins with a drinking contest). If I remember correctly, my drinking buddy left me a note about needing to bring certain ingredients including Giant's Toes. Is that correct?

#1087 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

To use wererwolf totems I need dragonborn DLC?

#1088 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

To use wererwolf totems I need dragonborn DLC?

You mean the perks, right? That was in Dawnguard. So no, I don't believe that you need Dragonborn, although it is amazing as Fuck!
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#1089 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Totems aren't DLC.

Werewolf perks that make the totems more useful are Dawnguard.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#1090 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

I didn't know I had to look for the totems. I like the icewolf one also found shadowsmere yesterday after missing for a year he was in front of the stables of whiterun I'm glad to get rid of arvak hes so shitty

#1091 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Can someone explain the totems to me, then? Never knew there was such a thing!

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#1092 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can someone explain the totems to me, then? Never knew there was such a thing!

Check this link out:

http://elderscrolls....tems_of_Hircine

#1093 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Check this link out:

http://elderscrolls....tems_of_Hircine

Cool, thanks for that! Think I may go werewolf on this runthrough!

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#1094 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Cool, thanks for that! Think I may go werewolf on this runthrough!

Just want to point out that you have to have the Dawnguard DLC installed.

#1095 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

werewolf > vampires all day

#1096 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

werewolf > vampires all day

Never been a vampire... They just look like they suck...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.

#1097 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Just want to point out that you have to have the Dawnguard DLC installed.

Only to upgrade the totems. You do not need DLC to use the basic ability.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#1098 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Only to upgrade the totems. You do not need DLC to use the basic ability.

Thanks for the clarification.

#1099 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Strategy guide is on sale on Amazon, and half-off at Gamestop. In case anyone wanted to know.

I'm playing as a vampire in Oblivion, so I might get down with the werewolf stuff in Skryim. Whenever I get around to starting it.

#1100 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Werewolf vs anything with ice (Master) just gets destroyed is the only drawback.

#1101 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Ive ran into a glitch. For a while now ive had this book called N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis! that i couldnt get rid of because its a quest item. Just now i got the quest from the Orc in the College of Winterhold library. He wants the book and told me to find it in Bleak Falls Barrow. Well even though i already raided that place, and had the book in my inventory, i went through it again. Got to the chest that shows an arrow, the book isnt there. I even took everything out of the chest. So i go to the Orc to see if he will take the one i already have, and nothing comes up. It was my bad decision to raid random caves early in the game. I end up with quest items like this, or having to go through the same areas over again because it seems like there is always some type of quest linked to a place. If i ever replay this game im not going to wonder around like that again.

#1102 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

So I got kind of frustrated over Delvin and Vex not giving me Makarth jobs, so I attacked Brynjolf. It started a big melee between everyone in the guild and after things calmed down I had to pay Vex 1000 gold to be readmitted. Here's the thing though, it worked. Immediately afterwards, Delvin gave me a Markarth job. After coming back from that one, I couldn't get another Markarth job, so I killed this idiot named Dirge, got ejected from the guild again and paid to get back in, and immediately got two more Markarth jobs. So far it hasn't worked a third time though.

#1103 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was messing around with the Kinect commands this morning, and I really like the ability to save quickly without opening up the menu. I don't have shouts yet, but I know the voice commands will come in handy once I do have them. I'll have to mess around a bit with fast equipping items and spells.

#1104 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Im kind of wondering which way i should go with my character now. I am a level 53... I just made the Aetherial Crown, so it made me look at my levels and what standing stone i should use. (can i use Mage and Warrior stone with this crown?) Right now i use the thief stone. But here are my stats that stone would help me with.

Archery 100
Alchemy 45
Light Armor 90
Lock Picking 100
Pick Pocket 61
Sneak 100
Speech 71

I pretty much am done with these skills. I like to sneak and use the bow a lot. Pick Pocket and speech is high enough i think to go on. Alchemy i really dont care about, i never use potions anyway.

For the Warrior stone my stats are

Block 45
Heavy Armor 48
One Handed 70
Smithing 78
Two Handed 37

This i really dont use at all. I guess Block sometimes when im detected, but that rarely happens anymore. Never use heavy armor, or two handed weapons. Only thing i would like is to get 100 in smithing.

And for the Mage

Alteration 20
Illusion 21
Conjuration 34
Enchanting 100
Restoration 36
Destruction 50

Now i was thinking of using another character and use mainly magic, becoming a vampire, and doing more evil decisions since my character now is moral and honest usually. But im not sure how likely or even when id go about replaying this game with a new character. I thought it would be cool to go from stealth archer into a magic wielding wizard... change my hair and beard to white/gray like im older now. But if i did replay the game like i wanted, would doing this ruin the experience the 2nd time around if i play the same way? Im not even sure if my magic would be effective at this stage of the game with my current character because it is so weak. I almost always used my upgrades on health or stanima, since i dont use magic at all.

IDK i still have yet to finish my werewolf perks, and havent joined the dark brotherhood yet. I havent even bought Dragon Born DLC. So i still have a while to go before im finished with everything.

Edited by The 7th Number, 13 January 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#1105 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Geez. I finished all of the big questlines and a lot of sidequests in the main game, plus Dawnguard and Dragonborn, and was only at like level 42. I had level 100 in One-Handed, next highest was Heavy Armor at like 85. I hadn't done any training at all since I had it in my head that I needed to save up all the money I could. Now I have 120,000+ gold and I can't spend it on training now because it's throttled by level. I wish I had been training this whole time.

#1106 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

I'm level 55, finished everything except for main quest (which I only have the last mission or 2 to go), civil war quest, and DLC. 100 in One-Handed, Heavy Armor, and Smithing with 98 Lockpick, 87 or so Enchanting. Magic skills are all in the 70's. Dont think I ever trained either lol

#1107 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

All achievements done except for get to Level 50 and defeat a Legendary Dragon (which start spawning when you're level 78). I'm level 45 at this point. I think I may put down the game until the next DLC is out, rather than try to powerlevel to 78 all at once.

#1108 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think I need to focus more on doing the major quests. Thus far, I've spent most of my time doing the Miscellaneous quests. The last few times I've played have been a bit of a drag, but I started a major quest this morning and had a ton of fun going tomb raiding.

#1109 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Ran into my first glitch a couple of days ago during the "Take Up Arms" quest. I'm supposed to give Aela her shield, but she's nowhere to be found. Fortunately, I found out about the "walking through walls" glitch using a wooden plate. I tested it out this morning and was able to find her. I'm supposed to attack her and lure her back to Whiterun, but I didn't have time to do it. Still, I'm glad I'll be able to continue on with the Companions quest line.

I thought I ran into another glitch in Folgunthur. I couldn't get past a gate that led to some downward spiraling stairs. I thought I had set the pillars properly (matched to another room with pillars), but as it turns out, I had to mirror the set-up that was in the other room. It took me like 20 minutes to figure this out, but at least it wasn't a glitch.

#1110 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Is there really no way to get the peaceful way of releasing the prisoner in "missing in action"? The wiki says after a while you talk to the general in solitude and he will give you a note to show the guard at the front gate to release the guy. But ive done everything and he still wont let him free. Some people on other forums say the game shipped before they could complete the peaceful option, so there is no way to get the letter to release the guy with a peaceful action. But im not 100% sure i believe this because i think people are too quick to yell glitch or make up a reason for them not figuring out how to complete a quest. I thought maybe i had to find all the stormcloak camps and clear them all, then maybe he would give me the letter.

Also is there a good way and evil way to do the dark brotherhood quests, or is it just evil no matter what?