9660 replies to this topic

#4291 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Wow nice, as for the mass relays
Spoiler

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4292 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Spoiler

That's a pretty common reason for a lot of "Who thought this was a good idea?" in games. That and a lack of pre-production.

It's just a shame that the what the Fuck was concentrated so incredibly heavily in the last few minutes.

But isn't it amazing what a good interview with relevant questions and clear, friendly answers does? So much better than any press release or hype trailer or live announcement or whatever the Fuck.

Posted Image

#4293 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Nice interview. Still can't help but facepalm at some of the answers.

Spoiler

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4294 io

io

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

so i just beat ME3, I'm in the same boat as Io on the ending. I thought it would be much much worse, I suppose the only good thing about the fans who cried about it gave us a cinematic dlc ending for free come summer.

...I also don't know why anyone would want to play this on insanity, some parts even on normal were challenging enough but up the difficulty? I don't know if I want a repeat of some of the campaign of MW and MW2. hee hee.

Yeah, reading the interview posted above I can see how maybe some things could be better for sure. I didn't really get why certain characters
Spoiler
Will be interested to see what they come up with.

Just tried playing a random Gold in MP today. Lot of people who choose to bring in level 4/6s and people who don't know what they're doing. Really takes a person to the limit.

Don't be too hard on the newbies. I think I did this myself when I was playing last night. If you just jump into multiplayer and select "Quick Match" with the default options, it gives you bronze/silver/gold randomly. I just assumed it would put a newbie in a low level game but apparently it doesn't. That explains why the other players kicked me out of a few before I got into one I could play. I did end up on a Silver match and we got wiped out. While I was definitely the weakest link there the other players didn't make it too much longer than me either.

Once I figured out that there even were different levels of challenge (something not at all clear when you first start it up), I changed that part to bronze only and got into games with players more my own level and was able to clear a several of them.

No one answered my question on how to spend credits. I assume from looking at the store it is best to save up for the Spectre package - though I take it maybe that is cheaper than normal now? It says "special" by it or something. Currently I'm just a few hundred short of the current 99900 price so I will buy it after one more match. When does the new DLC come out for multiplayer? I see others are saving for that. But I want something, anything, to upgrade me now. I'm tired of being a boring human with starter weapons and no weapon upgrades. In the "starter pack" all I got was a second sniper rifle and I use pistol/assault rifle.

In any case, if anyone wants to play tonight I should be on around midnight-3 or so Pacific... Just add me on XBL. I may be silent because of the family sleeping but I'll listen. Actually, I was one of the few with an active mic when I was on last night - problem is, my "mic" is my Kinect, apparently, because I wasn't using anything besides that. I guess you can use that as a mic - who knows what the other players were hearing from my end ;).

Edited by io, 08 April 2012 - 04:48 AM.

#4295 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

#4296 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

No one answered my question on how to spend credits. I assume from looking at the store it is best to save up for the Spectre package - though I take it maybe that is cheaper than normal now? It says "special" by it or something. Currently I'm just a few hundred short of the current 99900 price so I will buy it after one more match. When does the new DLC come out for multiplayer? I see others are saving for that. But I want something, anything tio upgrade me now. I'm tired of being a boring human with starter weapons and no weapon upgrades. In the "starter pack" all I got was a second sniper rifle and I use pistol/assault rifle.

In any case, if anyone wants to play tonight I should be on around midnight-3 or so Pacific... Just add me on XBL. I may be silent because of the family sleeping but I'll listen. Actually, I was one of the few with an active mic when I was on last night - problem is, my "mic" is my Kinect, apparently, because I wasn't using anything besides that. I guess you can use that as a mic - who knows what the other players were hearing from my end ;).

The new multiplayer DLC comes out Tuesday I believe.

And something I do is purchase a Recruit Pack after each round if we don't screw up and I can get at least enough to cover the pack. It does make it longer to amass the credits to get the bigger packs, but I also have a good chance each round to add more First Aid packs for the tougher levels.

#4297 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

wow...they dont seem to be smarter on hardcore so far but man, your shields are like tissue paper. I really wish on a replay you could change classes.

#4298 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

I've been playing multiplayer the last couple of days and I finally beat my first 2 Bronze Missions and I'm at Level 11. Multiplayer is pretty good thus far, but I think the booster pack system shouldn't be a one-time only thing. It's pretty annoying to get a power-up only to lose it after a failed mission because one guy left early on. Overall, I'm kind of enjoying it more than the Single Player.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4299 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

I've been playing multiplayer the last couple of days and I finally beat my first 2 Bronze Missions and I'm at Level 11. Multiplayer is pretty good thus far, but I think the booster pack system shouldn't be a one-time only thing. It's pretty annoying to get a power-up only to lose it after a failed mission because one guy left early on. Overall, I'm kind of enjoying it more than the Single Player.

i'm okay with consumables, if it were a persistant ability classes would be stronger and then they would have to compensate by making the enemy stronger...look at what happened to cerberus and the geth after ppl farmed the crap out of them in gold difficulty.

bronze is easy enough with decent players, you can beat it with 2 rather easily, and I've beaten silver with 3 players with little problem. equipment becomes more necessary on gold. it takes the edge off a bit plus it looks cool :)

#4300 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Posted Image

#4301 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I finally just beat the game and I LOVED IT! I guess I can kinda sorta see what people might have a problem with, but it's a matter of interpretation and nothing more. I need to go back and read through a lot of the theories, but
Spoiler

The fact that there will be DLC to show more of what happened after is unbelievably awesome.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#4302 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

snip

If I weren't so lazy that gif would be my new avatar.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4303 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Just unlocked the Black Widow from a Spectre Pack! Hot damn I was rocking the Krogan Sentinel but I'm digging my Female Infiltrator right now. Soo much leveling with this 25% increase, I think I'll start all my level 1 characters now. ^^
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#4304 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, reading the interview posted above I can see how maybe some things could be better for sure. I didn't really get why certain characters

Spoiler
Will be interested to see what they come up with.

Don't be too hard on the newbies. I think I did this myself when I was playing last night. If you just jump into multiplayer and select "Quick Match" with the default options, it gives you bronze/silver/gold randomly. I just assumed it would put a newbie in a low level game but apparently it doesn't. That explains why the other players kicked me out of a few before I got into one I could play. I did end up on a Silver match and we got wiped out. While I was definitely the weakest link there the other players didn't make it too much longer than me either.

Once I figured out that there even were different levels of challenge (something not at all clear when you first start it up), I changed that part to bronze only and got into games with players more my own level and was able to clear a several of them.

No one answered my question on how to spend credits. I assume from looking at the store it is best to save up for the Spectre package - though I take it maybe that is cheaper than normal now? It says "special" by it or something. Currently I'm just a few hundred short of the current 99900 price so I will buy it after one more match. When does the new DLC come out for multiplayer? I see others are saving for that. But I want something, anything, to upgrade me now. I'm tired of being a boring human with starter weapons and no weapon upgrades. In the "starter pack" all I got was a second sniper rifle and I use pistol/assault rifle.

I'll join you for some Bronze matches. I usually play on Silver nowadays (it's too tough/stupid to play on Gold because there are lowbies, but there are also people who just plain suck), but I'm up for some quick/guaranteed credits.

As for the packs, "Special" really means "Limited Time Only". The Premium Spectre Pack will most likely be gone by Tuesday. As long as the Premium pack is there, I suggest you get as many as you can. The other packs (Recruit, Veteran, and Spectre) will always be there.
Fight for the Lost

#4305 io

io

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'll join you for some Bronze matches. I usually play on Silver nowadays (it's too tough/stupid to play on Gold because there are lowbies, but there are also people who just plain suck), but I'm up for some quick/guaranteed credits.

As for the packs, "Special" really means "Limited Time Only". The Premium Spectre Pack will most likely be gone by Tuesday. As long as the Premium pack is there, I suggest you get as many as you can. The other packs (Recruit, Veteran, and Spectre) will always be there.

Was fun (we did about 4 or 5 matches). Hopefully I didn't suck too much ;).

I was really pushing it to do "just one more" but I stopped when you did. Kind of sucks, though, because I am about 4000 short of another premium pack and at 96% or more readiness. Also, one more match and I'd probably hit level 20. So, yeah, I guess I'm leaving all that for my first match tomorrow. Hopefully that premium pack sticks around. I got one earlier and got the Asari Justicar and a Krogan. Is the justicar one of the rare (or ultra rare) ones?

#4306 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4307 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Just unlocked the Black Widow from a Spectre Pack! Hot damn I was rocking the Krogan Sentinel but I'm digging my Female Infiltrator right now. Soo much leveling with this 25% increase, I think I'll start all my level 1 characters now. ^^

Now just wait until you get a Salarian Infiltrator...

Cloak, Zap, Snipe, Cloak, Zap, Snipe, etc.

:D

zantar45.jpg

#4308 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Spoiler

The less you know about Mass Effect lore, the more potentially satisfying the ending is. :) The mark of quality right there.

Spoiler

#4309 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

The less you know about Mass Effect lore, the more potentially satisfying the ending is. :) The mark of quality right there.

Spoiler

D'accord.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#4310 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

D'accord.

Spoiler

Perfect example of how the writing process broke down here. I'm sure all of this was patently obvious to Hudson and Walters for whatever reason, but it's the FIRST question that a fresh set of eyes would have asked, and it could have been resolved by like two lines of dialogue.

#4311 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Perfect example of how the writing process broke down here. I'm sure all of this was patently obvious to Hudson and Walters for whatever reason, but it's the FIRST question that a fresh set of eyes would have asked, and it could have been resolved by like two lines of dialogue.

Spoiler

#4312 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4313 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Wow nice, as for the mass relays

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#4314 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I didn't do too good a job of keeping up with this thread. Have you guys already swapped "favourite glitch" stories?

Because my favourites are invisible turrets and no-eyelid-Shepard.

Posted Image

#4315 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

D'accord.

Spoiler

Seriously right:applause:

#4316 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

I didn't do too good a job of keeping up with this thread. Have you guys already swapped "favourite glitch" stories?

Because my favourites are invisible turrets and no-eyelid-Shepard.

i've seen some anti gravity boot cerberus a few times when they get hot dropped from a shuttle or need to climb down a ladder to a lower level, they just walk on air a few steps...I normally just pop them asap since they aren't even shooting at me.

invisible turrets I don't like. at all.

#4317 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Here's a new video from the "Tasteful, Understated Nerdrage" guy:

Spoiler

#4318 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Anyone else thinking the DLC this summer to better explain the ending is just going to be deleted scenes?

Spoiler

I know that video has been posted in this thread once. It was the only one that I could find that was at the end of the game. I am sure their are more things that were cut from the ending and never made it to the disc . So why would they just not finish them and put it out as the DLC.
Posted Image

#4319 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

i think the community would make even more of a stink if they just recycled footage like that. i'm going to guess they'll just extend the cutscenes so ppl with less than 2 braincells or defunct imagintion will have enough info to piece together what happened, why, and what ppl will be doing. hopefully just not to cheesy music like they do at the end of some movies.

"and so and so opened up a bar..."

#4320 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I had almost no glitches on my three playthroughs, apart from probably 3-4 times after I died and reloaded the last save, the game froze while loading. There was also one conversation where Shepard and Liara's eyes followed Glyph around the room even though they were talking to each other.

I don't buy the whole "time and resources" excuse personally. They had three years to nail down an ending to this game. A million other things about the game are polished and detailed and well thought-out. They know that gamers see EA as the enemy. Easy enough to blame a writing choice that backfired on "time and resources."