Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9551 replies to this topic

#4351 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

On further reflection, that tweet shows more than anything else that Chris Priestly, despite his name, doesn't know his Bible.

That's not how it ends, dagnabbit.

Posted Image

#4352 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

How so, I mean because I did a ME2 import and my face was all messed up.

...the story is just richer.

#4353 io

io

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Spoiler

Ok, thanks. When I get my galactic readiness up to 100% (I left off last night with it at 100% in Alliance space and 96% everywhere else) I'll run through the ending again and do that. By the way, what makes the readiness different in some places sometimes? It seems for every MP game I get a +4% readiness and it applies to every area. But when I checked last night Alliance space was 4 percent ahead of the others.

Oh, one more question - there's a red/blue dialog choice near the end that I couldn't choose, despite being through the roof with reputation/paragon. What do you need to activate that and what does it do?
Spoiler

#4354 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Ok, thanks. When I get my galactic readiness up to 100% (I left off last night with it at 100% in Alliance space and 96% everywhere else) I'll run through the ending again and do that. By the way, what makes the readiness different in some places sometimes? It seems for every MP game I get a +4% readiness and it applies to every area. But when I checked last night Alliance space was 4 percent ahead of the others.

Oh, one more question - there's a red/blue dialog choice near the end that I couldn't choose, despite being through the roof with reputation/paragon. What do you need to activate that and what does it do?

Spoiler

Spoiler

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4355 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Chris Priestly is a dick - https://twitter.com/...978725637992448

I'm honestly not sure why anyone is surprised by this at all.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4356 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Spoiler

If you go to 'create match' and mess around with the maps, it shows you how many GR points you get for playing a random level vs a specific one.

Spoiler

zantar45.jpg

#4357 io

io

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure I did that - I always picked Paragon every chance I got and never had it grayed out until that very last choice. Same thing happened to my son.

#4358 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

There's one on Mars if you have a high enough Rep from importing a character.
Other than that, no idea.
Sorry.

zantar45.jpg

#4359 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I did that - I always picked Paragon every chance I got and never had it grayed out until that very last choice. Same thing happened to my son.

Had the same problem. Was told elsewhere there was another choice hidden underneath an Investigate option that you also have to pick.

#4360 io

io

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

There's one on Mars if you have a high enough Rep from importing a character.
Other than that, no idea.
Sorry.

I was maxed on my import character and did them all in this game. Oh well...

So I got my Galactic Readiness to 100% and then went to where it made sense that you would get the Master & Commander achievement. To me that was when
Spoiler

#4361 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thus happened to me too. I had 85% paragon/ 15%renegade and thought maybe that was why. Maybe you had to have 100% paragon. If that's not the case, maybe you had to carry over something from ME2????

Also
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#4362 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4363 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Savin' up dem credits for tomorrow. If any of you guys want to grind out some gold later, let me know. My Salarianengie/Firebase White runs are pretty much down to a science now. Even with mic-less randoms!

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4364 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Lol best worst ending?!

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4365 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Savin' up dem credits for tomorrow. If any of you guys want to grind out some gold later, let me know. My Salarianengie/Firebase White runs are pretty much down to a science now. Even with mic-less randoms!

send me an invite, even if i'm playing campaign. I need to get my readiness back up as well as get dem creds.

#4366 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Lol best worst ending?!

Dude, I love Egoraptor. The rest of these guys are great too. Solid gold.

#4367 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Lol best worst ending?!

Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4368 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Spoiler

i might have to use that line next time I have to deal with less than favorable customer service.

#4369 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Sounds like Ian is game, but anyone else want to tackle gold challenges for the achievement? I'm curious what kinds of exploits we'll find with these new species, classes, gear and powers tomorrow.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#4370 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

exploits? of course we will.

i'd imagine the asari justicar's stasis field will be huge...im not sure what the geth did when he did the armor lock animation, but if he's recharging his shields like that badass asian assassin (coughs), i'm going to say that'll be something to exploit as well.

#4371 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Kai Lang.

Fuck that guy and every scene involving him.

Posted Image

#4372 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Maybe it's just because I haven't read the books, but he hardly made an impression except for being a jackass.

Honestly I would have preferred a brainwashed Miranda be the antagonist instead of Kai Leng. Maybe in the end you chould choose to kill her or release her somehow. It would have been someone we knew instead of a brand new villain (again, if you weren't familiar with him from the books), and it would have given Miranda something to do. If Miranda was dead from ME2 then it could have just been an AI replica instead, like Eva Core.

That's one thing that stuck in my craw about the game, it seemed like Miranda barely factored into the plot despite being in the seemingly important position of knowing more about Cerberus and their plans than any living person besides the Illusive Man. It seems like she should have been more of a resource for Shepard.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4373 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

I was always worried whenever Kai Lang showed up on screen because I knew that I would get a cutscene with some important plot setback because Shepard forgot how to shoot.

Posted Image

#4374 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

^This. I'll be on most of the day to stack up for tomorrow and I'd prefer not to do it alone. I'm done with randoms though for real. I very RARELY pick them up now or revive myself when downed. Besides those third wave objective credits start to add up so f*ck it.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4375 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Spoiler

Lol I know right.:applause:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4376 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

in depth about the ending:

Spoiler

3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#4377 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

You people were a bit post-happy in here this weekend. Hard to catch up on a number of pages' worth of posts.

#4378 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

You people were a bit post-happy in here this weekend. Hard to catch up on a number of pages' worth of posts.

you have lidless eyes, shouldn't be a problem. ;)

#4379 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Ha! Good one. I'm partially to blame for the influx of posts. I'd been staying away until I beat the game so now I'm all "hey gang lets chat!!"
Chubbyninja1319.png

#4380 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Good point. ;)

I'm curious, how high did people get their EMS ratings up to? I think I'm up in the middle 4000s, and have a number of stops to make during Act 2. I've seen some posts elsewhere that says you could get up as high as 10,000 though most people haven't made it up any higher than in the 7000s.

No MP to speak of at the moment, though I think I'm going to get close to the endgame, do some MP to get my Readiness up to 100% and then do the endgame. With the small amount of time per week that I've had, it'll likely be around the time that Extended Cut drops.