Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9645 replies to this topic

#4411 io

io

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I just recently unlocked both Krogans (in one single Premium Spectre Pack) so I haven't been able to enjoy the melee-tastic experience until now.

I had a ton of MSP to burn through when I bought the game so I spent them on Spectre packs hoping to unlock an Asari Adept (easily my favorite class from the demo) ... after about 15 Spectre Packs (some with MSP, some with credits) I couldn't unlock another species to save my damn life. I did however net an N7 Valiant from one. Too bad I suck at sniping.

I got both the Asari Adept and a Krogan in my second Premium Spectre pack - guess that was pretty lucky. I still don't have a Turian, Salarian, or Quarian though.

I played as the Asari Adept last night after promoting my initial Human Male Sentinel. I'm not used to being so weak (low health, shields, and melee) so it is taking me some getting used to. I guess I need to get that Statis bubble unlocked ASAP - I've seen people use that pretty effectively.

#4412 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

I have far more confusion towards this than hate.

Spoiler

Wait... so...
Spoiler

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4413 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Wait... so...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#4414 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone have battlefield 3 that can help me? I'm trying to get the soldier dlc, I have the online pass but don't have a disc to pop in and log in with. I would be very grateful!
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#4415 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Spoiler

Yeah according to the wiki
Spoiler

I really found that disappointing. I was hoping to see more Rachni fighting in the end,
Spoiler
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4416 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

I really found that disappointing. I was hoping to see more Rachni fighting in the end,

Spoiler

As far as the general endgame - not the ending, the endgame - goes, that was my big disappointment.
Spoiler

Lack of time and lack of money. So it goes.

Posted Image

#4417 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

As far as the general endgame - not the ending, the endgame - goes, that was my big disappointment.

Spoiler

Agreed, if you did the side quest
Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak8, 10 April 2012 - 01:15 AM.
grammar

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#4418 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Finally beat the last map I needed for Tour of Duty. I'm still level 18 though. But I'm going to bump up to Silver for a while, unless I can get someone to help me do all 6 Maps on Gold.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4419 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Spoiler

Wow... :roll:

Spoiler

Yeah, that was disappointing considering some of the other moments in the rest of the game
Spoiler
. I kinda wonder if it wasn't time and/or money, and instead BioWare just decided "Fuck it, this game's gonna sell like crazy anyway! Let's just spend the rest of our time hyping it up some more!!".

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4420 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

And there go the Premium Spectre Packs.
Fight for the Lost

#4421 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Farmed about 600,000 credits for tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for a Geth.

#4422 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

got some good geth gold in...so many ppl tried to kick me when I played a vanguard. dood, shockwave rocks when everyone is teching the crap out of geth. It goes through walls. Then I finally switched to an asari adept, 2 @#$% infiltrators kept sniping my warp target beofre I could detonate them w/a biotic explosion. wtf man...then my wifi drops me due to lag. bleh...waste of 8 waves.

I think we farmed 230k, hoping for those new race/classes.

Will be interesting to see if/how they nerf the geth, firebase, and decoy.

#4423 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

Be great to get into one of these multiplayer groups that are running.

Aside from that, looking forward to the new stuff.
Fight for the Lost

#4424 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

I got my Soldier to Level 20 and I sent them off into nothing (Unless they actually do go into SP like the game mentioned; but I doubt it). So now I have a Level 3 Engineer to use for leveling and whatnot. I haven't touched the SP in about 5 days though.

I've done 2 of 6 maps on Silver as well, so that's good. Silver is kind of tough actually.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4425 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

I got my Soldier to Level 20 and I sent them off into nothing (Unless they actually do go into SP like the game mentioned; but I doubt it). So now I have a Level 3 Engineer to use for leveling and whatnot. I haven't touched the SP in about 5 days though.

I promoted a character and was surprised NOT to see it in the War Assets interface when I went back to SP. WTF!?

#4426 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Sorry, about that Dual. I'm retarded when it comes to remembering to add people.

Add me: Action Kazimer. Generally, if I'm on and ME3 is in (which is pretty much always is,) I'm down to play.

XP, that last drop suuuucked. I was gonna say try to re-join on me, but it was the middle of wave 9 when I got your message. I gotta say though, that's a pretty damned impressive wifi connection. It's also impressive that around wave 5 I had to start running back and forth tending to my sick girlfriend and you guys STILL held shit down! We had some solid teams.

I'm also up to about 650k for tomorrow. Bet I don't get SHEIT.

I don't anticipate them messing with White or the Geth necessarily. I can see them making Decoy draw slightly less agro, but I REALLY don't want them to. Honestly, playing in there with that Human Engineer, the Combat Drone was getting just as much attention as my decoy was. I feel like it's just the nature of the class.

That and laying down fat layers of energy drain and fiiyyah.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4427 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Dunno if anyone's posted this. Seems like some clarity on the Geth Infiltrator and maybe some other classes (I'm not too far in.)

I am NEVER leaving Hunter Mode.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

#4428 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

He says there will be a Resurgance Pack specifically for the DLC unlocks. Seems like it will be easy to unlock the new stuff.

#4429 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

I've done 2 of 6 maps on Silver as well, so that's good. Silver is kind of tough actually.

I promoted a character and was surprised NOT to see it in the War Assets interface when I went back to SP. WTF!?

The characters themselves are not listed amongst your war assets. They all get lumped together into the "N7 Spec Ops Team." You get a score of 75 for each class you promote.

#4430 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

DLC is now up for Xbox! Found it at the main menu in game checking for Downloadable Content.

#4431 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

DLC is now up for Xbox! Found it at the main menu in game checking for Downloadable Content.

Whaa? I Just checked a few minutes ago (after you posted) and didn't see it - I went through the marketplace though. If it is there, I'm back on (just stopped playing after like 3 hours ;)).

Edit: Yep, it is there via the game. 165 MB... downloading now...

bigdaddybruce44 - Thanks, I'll have to look there. Since there was nothing tagged "new" I didn't look at every entry. You'd think it would update with new info though.

By the way, I had no problem getting "Master and Commander" in any case when starting up the penultimate mission. I also got the Atlas hijacking achievement from the beginning of that mission for good measure. So I'm pretty set on all the achievements except the insanity/gold ones (and Veteran, though I did get the 2000/5000 popup during my multiplayer). Oh, and I'm up to 6 mail slot kills now - must have gotten some in multiplayer without noticing because I was only at 1 or 2 from my original playthough. I has always used Pull to grab their shields away as I wasn't aware you could kill them through the slot until the very end.

Edited by io, 10 April 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#4432 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the heads-up!

Downloading now.

#4433 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

The new maps are there but not sure about the characters. Well, at least I didn't get any new ones in the 2 Spectre packs I bought. And more telling, I didn't see anyone playing the new characters either in 5 multiplayer matches with the new maps. Oh well... I like the Hydra map, though. I even managed to make it all the way through a 3-player match with a new character (Turian Sentinel). Considering that I had relied on Throw for most of my multiplayer up till now that was a nice change of pace. He does much more weapon damage even at a low level.

#4434 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Lol the first Krogan Vanguard is going to be like an action movie celebrity haha.

#4435 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

XP, that last drop suuuucked. I was gonna say try to re-join on me, but it was the middle of wave 9 when I got your message. I gotta say though, that's a pretty damned impressive wifi connection. It's also impressive that around wave 5 I had to start running back and forth tending to my sick girlfriend and you guys STILL held shit down! We had some solid teams.

I'm also up to about 650k for tomorrow. Bet I don't get SHEIT.

I don't anticipate them messing with White or the Geth necessarily. I can see them making Decoy draw slightly less agro, but I REALLY don't want them to. Honestly, playing in there with that Human Engineer, the Combat Drone was getting just as much attention as my decoy was. I feel like it's just the nature of the class.

That and laying down fat layers of energy drain and fiiyyah.

i noticed the geth were standing idle in my stasis bubble but not in stasis. Then my connection dropped. I also didn't realize how much more credits we earned, I have about double what I posted from last night's runs.

If they mess w/White it might be spawn points and more of them storming in rear nahmsayin? as for Geth, probably just upping their shields, armor, and health, damage output, shield recharge delay, RoF, accuracy, speed, resistance for tech damage, delay between shots when cloaked, just minor tweaks. Decoy? cool down duration will probably be longer, shields/hps for the decoy will probably drop, and it may only fool X number of targets vs. everything until it pops.

...we'll find out soon enough.

#4436 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Didn't notice before, the new consumables in the DLC packs. "Stablization Mod" that'll be nice. Esp for the Revenant and Turian/soldier.

IanK - I took the time to see how a Tech Burst works. If you hit them with Incinerate (w/duration) then follow it up with Overload (though imagine any tech power w/a linger affect + one w/an instant), it will cause a chain reaction which looks like a close range chain lightning or even the drone w/the up to 3 targets w/lightning upgrade. If they die during that exchange, you get the tech burst kill.

Like mentioned earlier in comm chatter, it'd be nice for more customization vs just a palette change...I'll trade the virtually unnoticable skin tone change for an alternative outfit or even a friggin new helmet/tiara/eye piece.

#4437 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

He says there will be a Resurgance Pack specifically for the DLC unlocks. Seems like it will be easy to unlock the new stuff.

No new items until around 5pm it seems. That's when they usually update the packs.

#4438 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Didn't notice before, the new consumables in the DLC packs. "Stablization Mod" that'll be nice. Esp for the Revenant and Turian/soldier.

IanK - I took the time to see how a Tech Burst works. If you hit them with Incinerate (w/duration) then follow it up with Overload (though imagine any tech power w/a linger affect + one w/an instant), it will cause a chain reaction which looks like a close range chain lightning or even the drone w/the up to 3 targets w/lightning upgrade. If they die during that exchange, you get the tech burst kill.

Like mentioned earlier in comm chatter, it'd be nice for more customization vs just a palette change...I'll trade the virtually unnoticable skin tone change for an alternative outfit or even a friggin new helmet/tiara/eye piece.

That makes a lot of sense since everything on my engie is spec'd to hit AoE and sustained. I imagine with all those techs flying everywhere, we were only bound to get thousands of explosions.

I'm pretty sure the fire explosions come from detonating the pyro's flamethrower. I can do it pretty consistently with an Infiltrator, but I guess potshots were triggering them last night. Either way, they're amazing. Mini missiles, pretty much.

As for customization, I'd be happy with even getting different helmets. Then again, I'm a huge TF2 fan. Hats will placate me in most venues. I wouldn't hate a dedicated face-paint option either. I was pretty bummed that the Turians didn't end up with any, while the Asari did.

#4439 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Well... looks like I'll have well over a million credits or more if I keep playing until they sort this bullshit out with the content. I almost feel sorry for those that already spent them, but the split second I knew they had a content specific packs and didn't see them in store I headed straight for BSN without spending a dime.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#4440 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I tend to wait it out with stuff like this. DLC launch times are way too inconsistent for me to trust.

Good video inside. Based on something slightly spoiler-ish in a character relationship arc, however.

Spoiler