Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#421 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hmm, Liara and Garrus have their own personal Paragon/Renegade meters? What's that about?

Shepard has had a lot of influence on his companions throughout the series, particularly Garrus. It would be awesome if Garrus actually acted differently in certain situations based on how you've influenced him.

#422 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:53 AM

Just stopping by, and this time I come bearing gifts! I hope you like them 8-)

Spoiler

X, you are awesome!! Where/how did you score these?
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#423 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

X, you are awesome!! Where/how did you score these?

Now I can't go giving away all my secrets ;)

#424 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

Now I can't go giving away all my secrets ;)

He refuses to mention the unspeakable things he's doing for Casey Nelson in exchange for being in the inner circle of ME3 info. ;)

#425 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

(SPOILER WARNING FOR THIS LINK) In case anyone missed it earlier, here's a great rundown of footage from E3, as well as some stuff not seen in any conference. Again, SPOILER WARNING.

Also, don't get too excited about squad paragon/renegade. Looks like it was left in by mistake. From Casey Hudson's Twitter:

Yea, we wanted to show some of the RPG stuff, but screens aren't done. Squad renegade/paragon won't be there.

Edited by Arikado, 09 June 2011 - 05:46 AM.

Posted Image

#426 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

In case anyone missed it earlier, here's a great rundown of footage from E3, as well as some stuff not seen in any conference. Spoiler warning, of course.

Crap, when you say spoiler warning, you mean spoiler warning. There were definitely a few plot details in there I hadn't already known.

#427 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

Crap, when you say spoiler warning, you mean spoiler warning. There were definitely a few plot details in there I hadn't already known.

Ah, damn, sorry. I edited the post a bit to hopefully help people out who may be on the fence about watching.

Honestly, I told myself I wasn't going to watch stuff like this, but I couldn't help myself. The spoilers out there now bring more questions than answers, at least.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#428 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

Ah, damn, sorry. I edited the post a bit to hopefully help people out who may be on the fence about watching.

Honestly, I told myself I wasn't going to watch stuff like this, but I couldn't help myself. The spoilers out there now bring more questions than answers, at least.

Spoiler

No worries. I'm sure there's going to be lots of other awesome secrets in the game itself. But damn, that spoiler came right out of left field in the video, didn't it? Maybe I should put a moratorium on watching any ME3 videos.

#429 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

Yeah I shyed (that a word) away from anything ME3 at E3, aside from the EA press conference. ><
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#430 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

More gameplay

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#431 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

I was thinking the "why doesn't it work with just a headset" but it seems like using the Kinect will allow Bioware to focus on the game and let it do the voice recognition work for them. Also I've been wanting to quick swap weapons for a while now, yah!
http://kotaku.com/58...y-and-heres-why

Edited by Spybreak8, 10 June 2011 - 07:37 AM.
sp

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#432 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

So the live action trailer we speculated about turned out to be a thing.

#433 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

Full details on the N7 edition:

Posted Image

I wanted to bring this up again because I don't think there has been much discussion about the character/mission that has to do with "the prothean". This is one piece of the CE that has me really curious. Has there been any talk of this out of E3?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#434 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

I wanted to bring this up again because I don't think there has been much discussion about the character/mission that has to do with "the prothean". This is one piece of the CE that has me really curious. Has there been any talk of this out of E3?

I actually read on the BioWare board that they're now calling "The Prothean" a typo/mistake. But then again the same devs denied that Garrus was a squadmate in ME2, etc. It could be that the title/content of the DLC was supposed to be an Archangel-like surprise but the cat got out of the bag early.

#435 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

I actually read on the BioWare board that they're now calling "The Prothean" a typo/mistake. But then again the same devs denied that Garrus was a squadmate in ME2, etc. It could be that the title/content of the DLC was supposed to be an Archangel-like surprise but the cat got out of the bag early.

I follow you and that does make sense. I could see this being a " find an artifact mission" but how crazy would it be if somehow there was a prothean in your crew?? Maybe having an actual "person" might be a stretch, but what if they have a prothean AI that you can bring on board the Normandy to give you insight into the last invasion? That'd be interesting.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#436 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

Sorry for the double-post, but this is on something different......

For those interested, there are Mass Effect 3 lanyards on ebay from E3 last week. I picked one up for about $20 shipped. Sure, that's stupid, but it's a unique ME3 collectible and I'm sure I'll get comments from it at work (we have to wear badges on lanyards around our neck). I kind of collect gaming lanyards and this will be the jewel of that collection.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#437 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

(SPOILER WARNING FOR THIS LINK) In case anyone missed it earlier, here's a great rundown of footage from E3, as well as some stuff not seen in any conference. Again, SPOILER WARNING.

Also, don't get too excited about squad paragon/renegade. Looks like it was left in by mistake. From Casey Hudson's Twitter:

Phenomenal footage in that Q&A conference, and the three demo items they showed make me think that they have the right match between RPG and shooter. I also agree that there's certainly some spoilerific items there, though I think it's worth the look. Thank you for posting it, my hype for the game is now on overdrive from that item.

I think they're protesting too much.

I follow you and that does make sense. I could see this being a " find an artifact mission" but how crazy would it be if somehow there was a prothean in your crew?? Maybe having an actual "person" might be a stretch, but what if they have a prothean AI that you can bring on board the Normandy to give you insight into the last invasion? That'd be interesting.

Could be Vigil from ME1 that was recovered in some form, though I remember that he was destroyed after giving his final message to Shepard. Backup copy found on another Prothean world, like an offsite research colony that escaped the Reapers?

#438 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

From corrosivefrost in the GGT:
http://tbreak.com/me....layer-details/

Multiplayer in ME 3? Discuss.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#439 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Frankly I don't believe it. But then again I didn't believe the "Better with Kinect" cover art either. And EA added multiplayer to the Dead Space series, which is only slightly less ridiculous than multiplayer in Mass Effect.

If it is real, I just hope that, like Dead Space, I can safely ignore it and not miss any achievements.

#440 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

As long as the single-player doesn't suffer, I'm indifferent towards it. I've already ignored plenty of games multiplayer modes.

#441 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

From corrosivefrost in the GGT:
http://tbreak.com/me....layer-details/

Not buying it. Site has no credibility, and any time someone brings up a "secret source," I'm not going to believe anything until I see concrete proof.
Posted Image

#442 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

I'm also in the "it's complete crap" category about this ME3 multiplayer "rumor".

Reading over what they listed for this mulitplayer mode, it reads like something you'd have for Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, Gears of War 2 and the numerous other shooters out there.

I think people should tweet this link to Casey Hudson and the like at Bioware, plus post this link on the Bioware forums and let them rip the "author" apart. :D

#443 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

FemShep finally getting the attention she deserves!

http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=5572

Edited by Rei no Otaku, 16 June 2011 - 02:47 PM.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#444 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

FemShep finally get the attention she deserves!

That's awesome! Love Jennifer Hale.

#445 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

FemShep finally getting the attention she deserves!

Tha X head explosion in ... 5
... 4
... 3
... 2
... 1

;)

#446 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Some new details emerging from a multipart review with Casey Hudson in ComputerAndVideogames.com:

Part 1:
http://www.computera...ough-decisions/

Part 2:
http://www.computera...ring-with-dice/

#447 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Two other articles from the same site. First one has mostly minor spoilers but one semi-big one regarding the opening scene shown at E3. Second is about regrets of Mass Effect 1.

http://www.computera...l-make-you-sad/
http://www.computera...effect-regrets/

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#448 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Heads up to everyone-- Best Buy is offering the N7 edition preorder for $69.99. Whether or not you preorder it there, be sure to submit the lower price to Amazon too!

#449 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Heads up to everyone-- Best Buy is offering the N7 edition preorder for $69.99. Whether or not you preorder it there, be sure to submit the lower price to Amazon too!

Ooh, that's coo...wait a sec, they don't have the PC Version of the N7 Edition? Die in a fire, Best Buy...PC Version is best version.

#450 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

The one issue with a pre-order at BB is that you have a rolling/repeated authorization on the purchasing credit card until the order ships, so you'll be seeing these one a week from now until March 6th.

Amazon doesn't do that, so if you're thinking that a BB pre-order works like an Amazon pre-order, it doesn't.

I'd prefer to get it from Amazon, so hopefully after enough time with BB having the price @ $69.99 and enough emails to Amazon, they lower the price to match.