dirty hookers gave me the batarian soldier, one of the N7 shotguns, and the krogan soldier. (sighs) Batarian soldier's Blade armor is basically telling you should play a melee soldier. It's like Diablo 2's Spikes aura, + DR, and a melee dmg bonus. It also slows recharge powers like tech armor does.
let's see how this goes.
My report on the Batarian Soldier:
- Batarians can't roll (i tried w/and w/out the blade armor active)
- Blade armor is similar to Vega's tech armor, except when you have it active it's very sublte. Blades materialize from your shoulders, not tech or omni glow akin to sentinals.
- they're melee focused, CQC, and get a weight bonus on shotguns and sniper rifles. (fitting for their style of play)
- Ballistic Blades is like a tech shotgun blast, closer they are the more damage they get. Pretty nice actually.
- Inferno Grenade (nothing to report)
- Blade Armor get's melee bonuses, damage reflection to things that melee you, and damage reduction.
- They get good hps and shields.
- overall, it feels more like a sentinal than a soldier class tbh... (checking twice, yup Batarian Soldier)
Harpoon sniper rifle is awesome, you can charge it up while you're moving and fire it whenever. You cannot have it charged while trying to revive someone though. It has 1 chamber chip, but the reload time is almost as fast as the Valiant. I'm going to assume the high damage is true when you charge it fully though. The harpoon unfortunately does not seem to travel at the same velocity as most rounds and sometimes you need to lead your target a bit more than a widow or mantis. It does however do a lot of damage.
Edited by 100xp, 10 April 2012 - 09:50 PM.