Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#4471 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I got a Krogan Vanguard in one of my two Spectre packs I redeemed late last night (right after the Resurgance Pack came out). I take it that is not the new one. However, it did show with a Yellow border instead of the standard blue on the "cards" it showed me when I redeemed the pack. What does that mean?

You sure it was a Vanguard? Battlemaster? If so, you may have somehow beaten the system on this one. Congrats if you did!

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4472 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

You sure it was a Vanguard? Battlemaster? If so, you may have somehow beaten the system on this one. Congrats if you did!

I don't think it said "Battlemaster" anywhere on it, but it was definitely a Krogan Vanguard. The funny thing is that after I got that I chose my new Turian Vanguard and played 4-5 matches with him. If that really was the new Krogan it's funny that I didn't even use it :lol:.

But I thought maybe it was like the Asari Adept and Asari Justicar Adept where I got the "plain" version and there is also the newer better one.

OK, looking here http://masseffect.wi...t_3_Multiplayer I see that the only Krogan Vanguard is the new one :shock:.
Fuck, now even though I am trying to get real paying work done I may have to fire up the game just to check it out!

EDIT: Fuck, never mind... I guess in the haze of playing at 4am I got confused. I also got a Human Female Vanguard around the same time and must have mixed them up. What I got was the Krogan Sentinel. A "rare" so not too bad - but, still, damn, thought I had something extra special there ;)...

Edited by io, 10 April 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#4473 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

i think Battlemaster is just a nickname, as there isn't a specific catagory for Battlemaster or Justicar. They just fall in the vanguard and adept class catagory.

well done. let's hope I am so fortunate, so I can finally find a hope for all these shotguns.

#4474 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't think it said "Battlemaster" anywhere on it, but it was definitely a Krogan Vanguard. The funny thing is that after I got that I chose my new Turian Vanguard and played 4-5 matches with him. If that really was the new Krogan it's funny that I didn't even use it :lol:.

But I thought maybe it was like the Asari Adept and Asari Justicar Adept where I got the "plain" version and there is also the newer better one.

OK, looking here http://masseffect.wi...t_3_Multiplayer I see that the only Krogan Vanguard is the new one :shock:.
Fuck, now even though I am trying to get real paying work done I may have to fire up the game just to check it out!

Yeah, I think you might just have your classes mixed up! There's definitely not Turian Vanguard. Before the DLC, the only Krogans and Turians available were Soldiers and Sentinels.

Also, XP's right. The "Battlemaster" and "Justicar" just squeeze in right before the Vanguard and Adept titles.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4475 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, I think you might just have your classes mixed up! There's definitely not Turian Vanguard. Before the DLC, the only Krogans and Turians available were Soldiers and Sentinels.

Also, XP's right. The "Battlemaster" and "Justicar" just squeeze in right before the Vanguard and Adept titles.

Nah, the Turian is a Sentinel as well I think. I wasn't confused on classes I just didn't pay any attention to what that was as I just picked it because of the powers (I had yet to get any "Overload" hits so I wanted to chalk those up while scoring credits). I really, really thought the Krogan was a Vanguard though. Like I said, the hazards of playing at 4 am. Oh well...

#4476 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Haha, I've been there. It gets hazy fast. I'm sure I'm gonna cave and buy packs tonight. Good luck to anyone shopping early.

#4477 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Nah, the Turian is a Sentinel as well I think. I wasn't confused on classes I just didn't pay any attention to what that was as I just picked it because of the powers (I had yet to get any "Overload" hits so I wanted to chalk those up while scoring credits). I really, really thought the Krogan was a Vanguard though. Like I said, the hazards of playing at 4 am. Oh well...

4 am is prime time to play ;)

#4478 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

dirty hookers gave me the batarian soldier, one of the N7 shotguns, and the krogan soldier. (sighs) Batarian soldier's Blade armor is basically telling you should play a melee soldier. It's like Diablo 2's Spikes aura, + DR, and a melee dmg bonus. It also slows recharge powers like tech armor does.

let's see how this goes.

My report on the Batarian Soldier:
- Batarians can't roll (i tried w/and w/out the blade armor active)
- Blade armor is similar to Vega's tech armor, except when you have it active it's very sublte. Blades materialize from your shoulders, not tech or omni glow akin to sentinals.
- they're melee focused, CQC, and get a weight bonus on shotguns and sniper rifles. (fitting for their style of play)
- Ballistic Blades is like a tech shotgun blast, closer they are the more damage they get. Pretty nice actually.
- Inferno Grenade (nothing to report)
- Blade Armor get's melee bonuses, damage reflection to things that melee you, and damage reduction.
- They get good hps and shields.
- overall, it feels more like a sentinal than a soldier class tbh... (checking twice, yup Batarian Soldier)

Harpoon sniper rifle is awesome, you can charge it up while you're moving and fire it whenever. You cannot have it charged while trying to revive someone though. It has 1 chamber chip, but the reload time is almost as fast as the Valiant. I'm going to assume the high damage is true when you charge it fully though. The harpoon unfortunately does not seem to travel at the same velocity as most rounds and sometimes you need to lead your target a bit more than a widow or mantis. It does however do a lot of damage.

Edited by 100xp, 10 April 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#4479 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Sounds like a reskinned Krogan Soldier: very melee focused and with Fortification.
Fight for the Lost

#4480 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

What do you think, should I get ten Spectre Packs or six Premium Spectre Packs? I know me; there's no way I'm sitting on these credits until next week.

#4481 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

What do you think, should I get ten Spectre Packs or six Premium Spectre Packs? I know me; there's no way I'm sitting on these credits until next week.

How maxed out are you? I personally would go for 6 premium packs, but then again I did have over 30 skill resets before they patched that so I have a grudge against regular spec packs ;)

#4482 io

io

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

but then again I did have over 30 skill resets before they patched that so I have a grudge against regular spec packs ;)

'splain, please?

#4483 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

'splain, please?

they patched so if you have X number of skill respec cards you dont get them anymore until you go below the cap.

#4484 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

Premium. Reg = 10 Rares. Prem. = 12 Rares.

I also have a grudge against regular Spectre packs (nothing but trash from them), but the math backs me on this one.
Fight for the Lost

#4485 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Sounds like a reskinned Krogan Soldier: very melee focused and with Fortification.

the krogan soldier and sentinal however has increased DR and hps when they're raging in addition to hitting really hard...the batarian seems to just hit hard without having to charge up as well as give back some love when they get smacked. I'm hoping when the brutes charge and hit you they get a significant amount of damage relfected back on them.

the melee animation when wielding a harpoon sniper rifle is cool (batarian).

I'll be on later to layeth the smacketh down.

#4486 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

I shall concede to your maths. Soon as the girl gets off of ME1, anyway.

#4487 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

they patched so if you have X number of skill respec cards you dont get them anymore until you go below the cap.

I still wish they would let me trade them in for a missle each cause I'm never going to use any of them when I can just promote

#4488 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

I still wish they would let me trade them in for a missle each cause I'm never going to use any of them when I can just promote

who knows, wayyy down the road enough ppl will complain about it and you'll be able to trade in consumables for other consumables.

#4489 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

who knows, wayyy down the road enough ppl will complain about it and you'll be able to trade in consumables for other consumables.

Happened with TF2. Now people make money off of the shit.

#4490 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Got a Batarian in my second Spectre pack. I forgot which class, but it just so happened to be for the class in which I'm level 18. :D

I really like the one based on Rannoch more than on Menae. Maybe because it's darker, or maybe because it's one small circle with a bunch of connections piled on top of each other (with a couple random areas that have had nothing happen to them in the playthroughs I've done), but it's probably my least favorite map.

#4491 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Did a Silver run on Hydra with friends and that got me enough mula to grab another Premium Spectre Pack. Geth Infiltrator baby! Yeah sounds like Hunter Mode, activated adrenaline rush like power, is where it's at for this class (other than the tactical cloak of course.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4492 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Got the Batarian Sentinel, Geth infiltrator, Asari Justicar, Harpoon Gun, Krogan Grenade Launcher Assault Rifle, Geth SMG, and several upgrades to My geth Shotty and a few other trinkets, not too bad overall but still didn't get my Krogan. Got them all regeared, can't wait to try to the Justicar, looks like could be fun.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#4493 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Man I think the last map I new is glacier and I can't seem to beat it with any group. Also I wasted a bunch of credits this morning. Should have just saved them until they updated.

Oh well.

#4494 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Krogan Vanguard + Graal + melee mod = good times...

#4495 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

yeah...krogan vanguard is teh shiznit.

#4496 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

I still don't have my Victory/Commendation packs. Anyone else in my boat?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#4497 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

ANXIOUS for the Krogan vanguard, Batarian Sentinel is meh, Geth Infiltrator will be great for fast objective snagging but their health is SOOOOOO low. Harpoon gun is crap, Striker is situational and could see if being nice in Silver and Gold where you wanna knocks packs of dudes around with it. Geth SMG is awesome and with lightweight materials is free. Justicar is pretty sweet i think and great at settings up biotic detonations with Pull/Reave or spec into her bubble and anyone entering it gets a 50 dam/sec warp which primes them for a detonation. with reave active and in your bubble all defense minus the last one set to warp instead of the extra 10% damage protection, you can run at 65% damage reduction in the bubble.

its a different dynamic and think an adept, justicar, krogan vanguard or sentinel, and salarian infil is gonna be a beast combo.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#4498 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

I bought one Spectre pack and got the Krogan Vanguard. Not bad.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#4499 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

You guys are lucky, I bought 2 Spectre Packs last night and got shit on. I didn't get anything new at all, just 2 higher level weapons that I already have and don't use, bleh. Still waiting for my Quarian Infiltrator.

#4500 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

So after having this seen on the TV all the time I thought to myself, anyone watch the trailer of Lockout and go damn man that's Purgatory from Mass Effect 2! Snow = Renegade Shepard ;)

That and I keep seeing this ad:

lol that led me to this version:

:applause:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378