Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9567 replies to this topic

#4531 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I was playing the new DLC maps fine last night. Just tried playing now and it came up with a new patch. Now the game wont go past the Connecting screen before the 360 locks up completely. Tried 4x and it locked-up each time.

Anyone else having this issue?

538822.png

#4532 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I was playing the new DLC maps fine last night. Just tried playing now and it came up with a new patch. Now the game wont go past the Connecting screen before the 360 locks up completely. Tried 4x and it locked-up each time.

I saw something about this on BSN. People were saying that it's an incompatibility with the N7 Warfare Gear (Gamestop preorder DLC), and if you delete that from your HDD you should be able to start the game.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4533 io

io

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

I know my post was kind of long, but I had the same thing happen last night after patching and posted it is on this very same page, not to mention quoted by the guy just above you ;). It locked up on me 3 times at the "Connecting to EA servers" screen but then it just worked the 4th time.

I don't have the Gamestop preorder gear by the way. In any case, it sounds like they need to patch the patch ASAP!

As for the weapon upgrades, I had been buying Recruit packs pretty consistently. It seems all I get are consumables and shotgun/sniper mods (when I need assault rifle/pistol ones). But I'll keep at it.

#4534 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Downloaded the patch.

Tried to play ME3 three times.

Had to restart thrice.

:bomb:

#4535 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

I know my post was kind of long, but I had the same thing happen last night after patching and posted it is on this very same page, not to mention quoted by the guy just above you ;). It locked up on me 3 times at the "Connecting to EA servers" screen but then it just worked the 4th time.

I don't have the Gamestop preorder gear by the way. In any case, it sounds like they need to patch the patch ASAP!

As for the weapon upgrades, I had been buying Recruit packs pretty consistently. It seems all I get are consumables and shotgun/sniper mods (when I need assault rifle/pistol ones). But I'll keep at it.

Game locked up on me 4 times in a row. Restarted 4 times and finally gave up.
Fight for the Lost

#4536 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

How are people getting all this new stuff? Remember I only causally like the game so I havent read any blogs and what not.

Geth player char? Me want one!

#4537 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I just came on here to see if others are having the issue. Looks like I'm not the only on. 4 times then I said the hell with it.

EDIT:

I saw something about this on BSN. People were saying that it's an incompatibility with the N7 Warfare Gear (Gamestop preorder DLC), and if you delete that from your HDD you should be able to start the game.

I don't have the Gamestop preorder DLC. I have the DLC from the Amazon preorder. I just don't remember what it was. If it is still doing it by friday night I will try deleting it.
Posted Image

#4538 io

io

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

I don't have the Gamestop preorder DLC. I have the DLC from the Amazon preorder. I just don't remember what it was. If it is still doing it by friday night I will try deleting it.

That's the Argus Assault rifle I believe. I do have that. I guess I'm the only one who was able to get the game to work after having it lock up? I'll have to see how it behaves tonight.

I was going to ask if that weapon was in the multiplayer anywhere because it is awesome in single-player. It hits hard and tears things up. The default assault rifle feels like I'm shooting peas in comparison. But I'm guessing it is not available.

#4539 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

FIFTH TIME'S A CHARM

Now to play for hopefully a Geth.

Or a Quarian. Still haven't managed to get one of them.

#4540 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

That's the Argus Assault rifle I believe. I do have that. I guess I'm the only one who was able to get the game to work after having it lock up? I'll have to see how it behaves tonight.

I was going to ask if that weapon was in the multiplayer anywhere because it is awesome in single-player. It hits hard and tears things up. The default assault rifle feels like I'm shooting peas in comparison. But I'm guessing it is not available.

Don't think I ever used it. Hell I'm not even sure if I used the code now that I think about it. As for this lock up I looked on x36a.org and seems like others are having issues on that site as well.
Posted Image

#4541 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Well there was bound to be a bump in the road eventually. After all everything else about the launch has gone so smoothly. :roll:

Glad I'm done playing this game for the time being, I think I may just check out until June when the free DLC is coming.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4542 io

io

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm surprised that I like the multiplayer so much. I've only ever played a handful of games online. The last one I spent any appreciable amount of time on was Star Wars Battlefront 2 on the PS2. Yeah, that was a while ago. I think the last 360 game I played online was Beautiful Katamari ;). Before that it was Chromehounds with some people on CAG.

But I am really enjoying the multiplayer on ME3. I guess part of it is that it is coop. I really dislike P vs. P, though SW Battlefront was that in a sense (though you were on a team). After playing this, though, I'd like any future Battlefront game to include a pure coop mode as well.

And even though the missions are pretty much the same every time, I do like trying out the different classes. I got into a rut of being a Vanguard throughout all 3 single player campaigns so it is nice to try different stuff, not to mention being some of the cool races from the game (in particular Geth). And the way they dole out the additional characters and upgrades through the packs, while annoying in one sense, also kind of keeps you playing. If it was all there from the beginning or just purchasable I probably wouldn't have kept playing so long.

For all I know there are lots of other games that handle multiplayer this way. I just never tried any of them out. Some of it has to do with enjoying the single-player game so much. I'd be hesitant to go into most other multiplayer games fearing I wouldn't be anywhere close to good enough. Granted, the multiplayer here did have a learning curve as I was so used to pausing and selecting powers in single player. But at least it wasn't totally foreign to me (as something like Halo is) - I was familiar with the combat and all the enemy types at least. I also much prefer third-person to first-person (which just makes me dizzy and I feel like I can't look around as easily) so that rules out a lot of games for me. Anyways, it is finally nice to make use of that Gold membership - it has been pretty much a waste up to this point (despite getting my membership dirt cheap thanks to CAG).

#4543 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'm surprised that I like the multiplayer so much. *snip*

I'm a fan of co-op multiplayer - just don't play much vs anymore. Only real multi I did with mw3 was the co-op stuff with my nephew. Also had a blast going through borderlands many, many times over with my nephew. Put in hundreds of hours in that game. Lots of farmory runs. The random loot drops kept me going sorta like the random packs in me3 multi.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4544 io

io

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm a fan of co-op multiplayer - just don't play much vs anymore. Only real multi I did with mw3 was the co-op stuff with my nephew. Also had a blast going through borderlands many, many times over with my nephew. Put in hundreds of hours in that game. Lots of farmory runs. The random loot drops kept me going sorta like the random packs in me3 multi.

Ah, yes, Borderlands. That is one I could have done I suppose as I did enjoy that game too. In fact, with the cheap digital PS3 version ($15 I think for the game + all DLC via PS+) and having 2 PS3's in the house I was trying to get my son to play it with me. But since he's become a huge Xbox 360 fanboy (seriously, worse than anyone I've ever seen on CAG) he didn't really want to play it with me. I would love to play ME3 coop with him but as I said earlier EA deems that his account cannot play online (as I was honest with his age when setting it up - huge mistake). It's too bad because he would kick ass - he is far, far better than me at any shooters. He's 12 by the way...

#4545 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

OK so here is my new fave.

Geth Infiltrator + Max Damage Hunter Mode with Geth Weapon Buff + Geth SMG + Extended Clip + Improved Heat Sink + Armor Piercing Ammo = Fucking Nuts!! it has 180 Round Clip, shoots fast as all holy hell, and has a 50/50 chance pretty much to not use a "bullet" when it fires, i have hosed down an Atlas and Brute in Bronze on ONE clip. Accurate as hell, headshots like a madman. I had 50 headshots and 75 SMG kills in one map lol.... try it out it is sick.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#4546 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

The Argus is pretty good with the a recoil mod and/or fired from cover (otherwise it become an AA gun).
Weighs about the same as the Revenant, has slightly more ammo and damage of the Vindicator.

Modded Geth SMG

Went nuts with it earlier.
Love it when the gun gets stuck on a number and it doesn't go down for a good 10 seconds.

It's like using the Tempest with the Turian Soldier but not having to worry about Marksman running out.

Speaking of which, wonder how much faster it will be when he uses it?

zantar45.jpg

#4547 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'm really digging the Hydra map. Got my first extraction with nobody going down, first time playing on that map! Great combo of open vulnerability/clear shot across the map AND close quarters on two sides of the map. Condor is just okay, gonna need to play that one some more to get comfortable.

I got a couple spectre packs, but didn't unlock any new characters other than an Asari Adept. Not a big deal because all I'm truly interested in is that Krogan Vanguard.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#4548 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

Friend said he was pissed as his 360 was freezing up on him when he was trying to load the game. I had no problem thankfully. I've got my game installed to the hard drive fyi. Is it me, or maybe I suck at it, but I would think there would be some sort of stickiness to when a Krogan charges and melees an enemy. Yet I just go right on by and the enemy melees me!? WTF!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4549 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

The krogan charges a certain distance before meleeing. Sometimes, enemies are within the charging phase and you go by.

Or the charge has to be fairly pinpoint on the enemies' hitbox.
Fight for the Lost

#4550 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Glitch on Hydra is fucking hilarious. I solo most of gold because of it.

#4551 io

io

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Glitch on Hydra is fucking hilarious. I solo most of gold because of it.

Wait, what's the glitch?

Also, Freemason, what's special about the Geth Infiltrator with Hunter mode vs the Geth Engineer doing the same? Can you cloak during all that as well? I'll have to look into your weapon loadout - I probably don't have the Geth SMG though. I love having the turret though. I took down a Brute much more easily than before while it was busy messing with my turret.

I played a few rounds this evening - had no trouble with the game starting up tonight vs. last night when it froze 3 times in a row.

#4552 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Wait, what's the glitch?

Also, Freemason, what's special about the Geth Infiltrator with Hunter mode vs the Geth Engineer doing the same? Can you cloak during all that as well? I'll have to look into your weapon loadout - I probably don't have the Geth SMG though. I love having the turret though. I took down a Brute much more easily than before while it was busy messing with my turret.

I played a few rounds this evening - had no trouble with the game starting up tonight vs. last night when it froze 3 times in a row.

MUAHAHAHAAHAH :booty::booty:

Thats the how funny the glitch its.

1. Infinite lives...as soon as you die you instant respawn back at the starting point.
2. virtually impossible to be hit by any attacks from anyone including Banshee attacks..if you do get hit and die...see number 1
3. If you are powers based can not lose a round unless you leave said glitch as you dont need to get ammo ever.

It sucks if you have to leave to do objectives...but anything other than that its gravy....if you have someone who can cloak they can run around the level doing objective while everyone else stays in the glitch and kills things. Only drawback is that some enemies dont view you as in the map so they just stand there and never move so you got to bait them out.

Instant win every time....I farmed the shit out of a lot of things today.

#4553 io

io

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

OK, but how do you get to it? All I can find is something about floating at the extraction point and someone responding that it is the "Vanguard" glitch. I've played that map many times and certainly died many times as well so clearly I didn't hit that glitch by chance ;).

#4554 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Uhhh......pfffttbdasdf. I suck at explaining things although you could have hit it by chance.

Directly opposite of the entry point in the back right hand corner...there is a very big box sitting diagonal against the point where both walls meet. Behind this box is a ramp that looks like part of the back round goes up a wise then back down then up sharply again. With the glitch you can either stand behind that box is is so tall no one can hit you or run up the ramp in the background and hide where it dips down sharply.

To get into you have to go up the ramp that is under the bridge in the middle of the map. If you are on the right ramp going left will walk back toward the entry point going right will send you towards the box and ramp glitch that I described. Turn right...now if you noticed the deck that you are on stops after a couple of in game feet and you can walk off it. (if you do this the bridge will be to your right as well as the entry way to the ramp for the deck you were just on) If you stand at the edge of the ramp (instead of walking off) you dash (double A) towards the pipe that is running from that deck to the big box you will glitch on top of it and be able to run and get behind the box or up the background ramp.

Takes a little timing but it isnt to hard. Now once you are over there if you go to far you will fall out of the map and instantly appear at the entry zone. If you die while in the glitch you will fall through the map and instantly appear at the entry zone. You can be revived while you are in it though.

Hope that helps....good luck with that description...hopefully a video will be up soon from someone. Or maybe I can play with someone here and show them.

#4555 KasBoo

KasBoo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Love this game if only the muti wasn't so addictive.... lol XD been loving the new maps they released.
"Can it wait for a bit i'm in the middle of some calibrations..." :bouncy:

#4556 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

The krogan charges a certain distance before meleeing. Sometimes, enemies are within the charging phase and you go by.

Or the charge has to be fairly pinpoint on the enemies' hitbox.

Yeah I think the hitboxes need tweaking.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#4557 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

looking back, I do recall ME2 and recently ME3 locking up my xbox the most. I even Red ringed once on ME2 with the a jasper red xbox fatboy once. All was silent for a moment in the world but it recovered forunately.

ME3 MP just reminds me of KOTOR, I mentioned it many many posts earlier. It'll be the closest we'll get for something starwars like without having to pay a monthly sub for a while.

No purple dinosaur last night, had so much to do before hand. Wasn't able to jump on til late, and then I was immediately scooped up by Gears.

SP related question
Spoiler

#4558 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Wait, what's the glitch?

This works just fine with the Engineer as well as far as i can assume, I just do not have the Geth Engineer unlocked lol. You can cloak but as soon as you fire you pop out so i would actually PREFER to get the engy for it.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#4559 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yeah I think the hitboxes need tweaking.

When charging, ALWAYS roll your stick toward your intended target before you charge. I have found that the Krogan have a conical kind of target for their hitbox in front of them and if you start before they are in the cone you will have no "stickyness" but if you get lined up and then charge, they will move at them while swinging. I have actually gotten used to sprinting into the charge, you seem to get more range and a better "lock" onto whatever you are running into. It takes some getting used to but once you get a feel for it it's Clobberin Time!! My Krogan Sentinel is Melee focused with tank build and he is pretty beasty with a Geth Shotty IX with bayonet

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#4560 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

When charging, ALWAYS roll your stick toward your intended target before you charge. I have found that the Krogan have a conical kind of target for their hitbox in front of them and if you start before they are in the cone you will have no "stickyness" but if you get lined up and then charge, they will move at them while swinging. I have actually gotten used to sprinting into the charge, you seem to get more range and a better "lock" onto whatever you are running into. It takes some getting used to but once you get a feel for it it's Clobberin Time!! My Krogan Sentinel is Melee focused with tank build and he is pretty beasty with a Geth Shotty IX with bayonet

Hmm thanks I'll have to try that out. I did notice that some times it works some times it doesn't. I had one match where I was missing them and the damn enemy would just melee me and a few hits and I'm down lol.

Ok so I've got another question. When you unlock a new character I've noticed you don't always start at level 1 with them. I actually started with level 15 with my Geth Infiltrator and my friend said he started at level 20 with the Sentinel he unlocked. Does that take the previous XP you earned and applies that to the new unlocked class!?