Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9553 replies to this topic

#4561 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hmm thanks I'll have to try that out. I did notice that some times it works some times it doesn't. I had one match where I was missing them and the damn enemy would just melee me and a few hits and I'm down lol.

Ok so I've got another question. When you unlock a new character I've noticed you don't always start at level 1 with them. I actually started with level 15 with my Geth Infiltrator and my friend said he started at level 20 with the Sentinel he unlocked. Does that take the previous XP you earned and applies that to the new unlocked class!?

Whatever your current highest character is for a class carries over to all the characters in the class until you promote

#4562 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

also - if you say just promoted a char and you'd think they'd start at lvl 1 but if you get a char card for that type from a pack it'll give you the xp bonus and so they'll be up at lvl 3 or 5 I think it is

I haven't had a chance to play in a couple days - watched Warrior last night with my wife though and that was a pretty good movie - itching to try out some of the new characters!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4563 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

SP related question

Spoiler

In regards to that:

Spoiler

#4564 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

In regards to that:

Spoiler

thanks, I never got to that mission due to said mission which kicks you fwd.

also I think props to Ryu for mentioning that you can use squad ammo for your squad while using another ammo type for yourself. It's making a huge difference in hardcore difficulty w/my soldier import.

#4565 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

geth engineer with geth plasma shotgun X is the most fun I've had in this MP

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#4566 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

thanks, I never got to that mission due to said mission which kicks you fwd.

also I think props to Ryu for mentioning that you can use squad ammo for your squad while using another ammo type for yourself. It's making a huge difference in hardcore difficulty w/my soldier import.

Didn't know you could do your squad with one ammo type and yourself with another. Nice fact to know.

#4567 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Whatever your current highest character is for a class carries over to all the characters in the class until you promote

Ahh thank you sir.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4568 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Didn't know you could do your squad with one ammo type and yourself with another. Nice fact to know.

Cryo squad, and Incendiary Shep is working wonders on everything. I don't have Warp ammo yet, but so far the fire/ice combo has been doing very well. Squadmates (at least one w/an AR w/a high RoF) firing on the enemy chills/freezes them and the fire s'plodes them.

#4569 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I always ran Disruptor/Warp across the party to eat dem barriers and shields in SP. Liara/James is a good time crossfiring Warp and Incendiary too.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4570 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Cryo squad, and Incendiary Shep is working wonders on everything. I don't have Warp ammo yet, but so far the fire/ice combo has been doing very well. Squadmates (at least one w/an AR w/a high RoF) firing on the enemy chills/freezes them and the fire s'plodes them.

I've been using my shotgun or SMG with cryo ammo and my pistol with incendiary or AP ammo (AP ammo is my current bonus power), which seems to be working well enough. Since I've been using Liara and Garrus most of the time, they've been using Warp Ammo and AP ammo respectively, which has also been helping.

Once I get Energy Drain available to me, I'll swap out the AP ammo for that and use it instead.

I always ran Disruptor/Warp across the party to eat dem barriers and shields in SP. Liara/James is a good time crossfiring Warp and Incendiary too.

Good choices on both options.

#4571 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I've been running Defense Matrix and AR, Energy Drain is on the list. Nothing wrong with 2 ways to replenish your shields to 100% with a press of a button. I went for mostly shooting on this run. I wish I could change classes when you import, I really wanted to try out a adept without having to refind and acquire all my wpn upgrades and assets.

#4572 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

XP (and anyone else interested), if you're around tonight, my buddy from work and I might try to run some golds. I need moar packz. Gotta get my dinosaur.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4573 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

XP (and anyone else interested), if you're around tonight, my buddy from work and I might try to run some golds. I need moar packz. Gotta get my dinosaur.

you're usually on earlier so hit me up when I'm on, I have some Gears Horde insanity I'll be doing later that evening...but I'm down for Gold maps of course. I want to test the dinosaur in CQC w/a coherent squad.

#4574 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Need to get my Vanguard class built back up so I can use the krogan in some gold matches...

#4575 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

need to get my vanguard class built back up so i can use the krogan in some gold matches...

So JEALOUS.

#4576 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

So JEALOUS.

Aside from Biotic Charge, the only difference between the 3 Krogans is the awesome looking armor that makes you look like a dinoawesomesauce. I don't know y u so jelly? OH wait...nvm.

#4577 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I'm not reviving you next time we play.

#4578 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

I scored the Krogan Vanguard last night in my first 99k pack. I like it so far, but I need a better shotgun for him. Pretty annoying to not have any sort of combat roll, but I will make due. His melee seems fun at least.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#4579 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

I scored the Krogan Vanguard last night in my first 99k pack. I like it so far, but I need a better shotgun for him. Pretty annoying to not have any sort of combat roll, but I will make due. His melee seems fun at least.

I'd disable combat roll in single-player in a heartbeat if I could.

Posted Image

#4580 io

io

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

l
SP related question

Spoiler

To add to what Shrike said you will also want to do anything Citadel related at that point (ie, anything on the Citadel itself or even if it just requires you to find something via scan/Spectre Requisitions and return it to someone on the Citadel).

This works just fine with the Engineer as well as far as i can assume, I just do not have the Geth Engineer unlocked lol. You can cloak but as soon as you fire you pop out so i would actually PREFER to get the engy for it.

OK, that's what I thought. So I got a pretty cool character. Like I said before, I actually got both Geth from one premium pack. I have him up to level 19 now and I am routinely first or second in kills whereas with my other chars I was nearly always last. I redeemed a second one last night and got a Salarian of some sort - none of the new ones.

geth engineer with geth plasma shotgun X is the most fun I've had in this MP

I have yet to get any Geth weapons but I am ready to go if I do - have the 10% Geth weapon upgrade next in my upgrade queue. So you can upgrade weapons past V in multiplayer? I guess that is another way to that achievement vs. a second run in single player. My assault weapon and pistol are currently at IV. It must take a hell of a lot of packs to get a secondary weapon like that Geth shotgun and then upgrade it to X. Once I hit IV or V, what packs should I be getting for better weapons and V->X upgrades? I assume the Recruit Pack will stop being worth it as it will never have the better upgrades. And the Premium Spectre Pack is probably overkill for just trying to get that stuff.

I wish I could change classes when you import, I really wanted to try out a adept without having to refind and acquire all my wpn upgrades and assets.

Damn, I guess I remember this from ME2 but it is going to make an Insanity run in ME3 pretty hard since I'm a Vanguard in SP. Shoclwave and Pull are pretty useless - looks like you need Throw to make Insanity much easier. My son has gone through about half the game on Insanity as a Sentinel. ME2 was painfully hard in Insanity with the Vanguard but I got it done. It just seems like there are many more tougher enemies in ME3 though (Atlas, Banshee, Brutes, etc) and I noticed that Shockwave, in particular, was far less useful in ME3 than it was in ME2. I chose Vanguard specifically for that and it turned out I didn't use it all that much in ME3. And Pull is not nearly as good as Throw.

#4581 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

On the plus side, Shockwave staggers Atlases.
Fight for the Lost

#4582 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

I'm about to jump on, if anyone wants to make some $$$.

#4583 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Oh good God, if I could punch a random ME3 MP player right now I would. I've been trying for 40 minutes to just get in a good game. I don't even care what level or what map. Is anyone with half a brain online tonight??

Maybe that's a sign I need to start my insanity playthrough......
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#4584 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:08 AM

Oh good God, if I could punch a random ME3 MP player right now I would. I've been trying for 40 minutes to just get in a good game. I don't even care what level or what map. Is anyone with half a brain online tonight??

Sorry I'm boarding right now. :D

...but I've been there man lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#4585 nekromantix

nekromantix

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Damn, I guess I remember this from ME2 but it is going to make an Insanity run in ME3 pretty hard since I'm a Vanguard in SP. Shoclwave and Pull are pretty useless - looks like you need Throw to make Insanity much easier. My son has gone through about half the game on Insanity as a Sentinel. ME2 was painfully hard in Insanity with the Vanguard but I got it done. It just seems like there are many more tougher enemies in ME3 though (Atlas, Banshee, Brutes, etc) and I noticed that Shockwave, in particular, was far less useful in ME3 than it was in ME2. I chose Vanguard specifically for that and it turned out I didn't use it all that much in ME3. And Pull is not nearly as good as Throw.

With a high cooldown percentage, vanguard seemed more than viable for an insanity run.

I was running around with Javik and Liara, though. Usually started off by pulling an unshielded enemy with Javik, charge and detonate an explosion. Then midcharge or before I'd have set up another explosion with Liara, and detonate that with nova. I only got to Priority: Tuchanka, so I didn't encounter any banshees, so I can't comment on how hard they are. Brutes weren't that big of a deal, nor were atlases. It's usually the little guys running around pelting you while fighting the big guys that were the problem, but as a vanguard, it's pretty simple to break off and mop up the area while fighting the bigger ones.

Despite the many times I ended up faceplanting because I didn't analyze the battlefield properly and got stuck overextended in enemy territory, it was definitely more satisfying than my adept insanity run, but I didn't like the critical choices I made on that ME2 import save for my vanguard, so I ended up shelving that career.

Hell, I can only imagine the exploding potential of a save with Kaidan in it. Sadly, if I want to experience area reave + charge / nova in single player, I'm going to have to start from scratch in ME1 or ME3 to do that. And considering the default choices made starting fresh in ME3, I'd probably go the ME1 route.

Talking about this is making me want to play MP, but I've been getting disconnected from the servers a lot lately, and I feel like a douche when that happens. Probably see how my luck fairs tonight.

#4586 KB24

KB24

Strong Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:48 AM

Claymore in MP is underrated.

Show it some love with a infi on Gold and you'll be surprised how dominant it is.

5r8h3bp.gif

578ad03c0ad2df0fd38c01d22c5f5d88_0cdf051

#4587 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've been running into a very different problem. Out of my last 10 games, 9 times the 4th player has left the mission part way in. It's really getting annoying.

On the plus side, I've been having tons of fun with my Salarian Infiltrator, now that he has his Valiant :D
Fight for the Lost

#4588 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

I'm around and fairly bored at the moment. If anyone wants to play, get at me. GT: N7 HydroX

#4589 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

How am I supposed to play a Geth Engineer, exactly? I tried playing him but I got my butt destroyed.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4590 io

io

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

How am I supposed to play a Geth Engineer, exactly? I tried playing him but I got my butt destroyed.

I dunno, man, I'm not very good compared to most people in general but I do pretty well with this guy. Maybe it just suits my style of play or something.

Are you using Hunter mode? With that you can see all the enemies behind cover (and smoke) and that seems to be enough to give me the upper hand in a lot of situations. You can do a quick 360 and see if anything is sneaking up on you - then concentrate on the area with the most enemies. I definitely see the hordes coming before the other players. Also, the turret is awesome - just chuck it out where there's a choke point or spawn point (or in the midst of an oncoming horde) and it will rack up assists for you if nothing else. Then you also get to spam Overload. I usually hit something with overload, then pound it with the Assault rifle. You have to be a little careful with shields in Hunter mode since they are weaker. And the washed out colors and white lines all over the screen make it hard to navigate the levels. The times I get killed it is usually because I'm bumping into an obstacle I can't see and getting blasted by something at the same time.