Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9551 replies to this topic

#451 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

With this game, I'm not worried about price. I'm more concerned with pre-order and retailer exclusive bonus'. I'll go with Amazon because I heart Amazon unless some other place has a killer bonus.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#452 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

With this game, I'm not worried about price.

Yeah, after tax it's only like $4 cheaper than Amazon for me. However, the prospect of going to pick it up at the store myself rather than leaving it in the hands of the postal service has a certain appeal... This is ME3, nothing must be left to chance. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#453 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

Yeah, after tax it's only like $4 cheaper than Amazon for me. However, the prospect of going to pick it up at the store myself rather than leaving it in the hands of the postal service has a certain appeal... This is ME3, nothing must be left to chance. :lol:

Haha. You know, I pre ordered new vegas collectors editiom to be picked up in store at best buy. The bitches sold my copy.

#454 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

Haha. You know, I pre ordered new vegas collectors editiom to be picked up in store at best buy. The bitches sold my copy.

:cold: Maybe I should just keep both preorders then.

#455 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

well it was just my personal experience. it was my first pre-order too at best buy. i had to travel to a different best buy a couple of miles away to get my copy. it was also the only copy left for the 360

whats ironic is that the copy i purchased was a reserved copy. it was under the counter at customer service. the rep declined to sell it to me, but then said that there is probably more in the back (which i doubt).

lol...

so i think its "safer" to get it shipped.

#456 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

well it was just my personal experience. it was my first pre-order too at best buy. i had to travel to a different best buy a couple of miles away to get my copy. it was also the only copy left for the 360

The only other site-to-store preorder I've done with Best Buy was L.A. Noire, and that worked out fine. Now that I think about it though, they put a bunch of ugly stickers all over the game to mark it as a reserved online preorder. No big deal since it was on top of the shrink wrap, but will the outer packaging for ME3 N7 be shrink wrapped? Argh.

#457 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

Heyy.. I don't know if you read my reply in the deals section, but ehhhh

If you don't want the physical stuff ill take them :D

:D

Spoiler

#458 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

No way, I'm totally going to sew that patch onto my jacket sleeve. :lol:

#459 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

No way, I'm totally going to sew that patch onto my jacket sleeve. :lol:

Haha if someone asks what it is. Shake your head and say

"I'm the reason you're still alive"

Followed by "I should go."

#460 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

"I've had enough of your snide insinuations" *punch*

#461 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

If you're doing the BB pre-order for in-store pickup, then I would suggest keeping both pre-orders.

If you're having the BB pre-order for shipment, then I don't think you should need to worry about it.

#462 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hadn't seen this before today:
Posted Image

Dude looks just like Soap from Call of Duty. And I will comment no further. ;)

ETA: Actually, I will comment. The ME wiki has this to say about Vega: "While Vega is an experienced soldier, he is unfamiliar with the seedy underbelly and political workings of the galaxy... According to BioWare, James Vega will reflect the perspective of a new player coming to the franchise."

I love this. Vega is the entree into the Mass Effect series mythology for Call of Duty players, so they gave him the same role as a Call of Duty protagonist, and even borrowed his appearance from a Call of Duty protagonist. The whole thing is delightfully meta.

Edited by Ryuukishi, 07 July 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#463 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

ETA: Actually, I will comment. The ME wiki has this to say about Vega: "While Vega is an experienced soldier, he is unfamiliar with the seedy underbelly and political workings of the galaxy... According to BioWare, James Vega will reflect the perspective of a new player coming to the franchise."

I love this. Vega is the entree into the Mass Effect series mythology for Call of Duty players, so they gave him the same role as a Call of Duty protagonist, and even borrowed his appearance from a Call of Duty protagonist. The whole thing is delightfully meta.

I don't know man, I don't think I like this. I thought this was the "Sanders" character that we heard about. I just don't want my beloved Mass Effect to be dumbed down for my douchebag brother in law who only plays Call of Duty and Tiger Woods Golf, know what I mean?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#464 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Little piece of news for you PC gamers:

http://www.gameinfor...-exclusive.aspx

On the plus side, this article states that no content (other than physical items for console CE) are exclusive to either PC or Console. But it will be the only way to get the "Deluxe" edition.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#465 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hadn't seen this before today:
Posted Image

Dude looks just like Soap from Call of Duty. And I will comment no further. ;)

Is this the character you play as if you import a game where Shepard died in 2, or is this going to be the Zaeed-type character I give 2 shits about?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#466 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

Is this the character you play as if you import a game where Shepard died in 2, or is this going to be the Zaeed-type character I give 2 shits about?

If Shepard dies in ME2, that's it, he's/she's dead. That save file isn't importable.

Spoiler

Oh, and don't hate on Zaeed. He's the shit. 8-)
Posted Image

#467 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Speaking of the angry aussie, Zaeed, do we know if he'll return in ME3? Or how about Kasumi? They're decent enough characters, but with staples like Garrus and Liara and so on, I don't see them being that worthy of much attention in ME3.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#468 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Speaking of the angry aussie, Zaeed, do we know if he'll return in ME3? Or how about Kasumi? They're decent enough characters, but with staples like Garrus and Liara and so on, I don't see them being that worthy of much attention in ME3.

BioWare has said that every squad member from ME1 and 2 will appear in ME3, including Zaeed and Kasumi. They seem like prime candidates to be relegated to NPC roles though.

#469 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

BioWare has said that every squad member from ME1 and 2 will appear in ME3, including Zaeed and Kasumi. They seem like prime candidates to be relegated to NPC roles though.

I actually really like kasumi so I wish they would do more with her than just an npc appearance. You are probably right though unfortunately.

#470 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:11 AM

Info from the next Mass Effect comic series, titled Invasion, launching in October:

Spoiler

Covers for issue one:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#471 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

Mass Effect lead gameplay designer Christina Norman leaves Bioware

I have to think that ME3's gameplay is pretty well locked down by now, but still, it seems a little weird to me that such a prominent person at Bioware would leave the company right before the release of such an important game.

#472 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

Mass Effect lead gameplay designer Christina Norman leaves Bioware

I have to think that ME3's gameplay is pretty well locked down by now, but still, it seems a little weird to me that such a prominent person at Bioware would leave the company right before the release of such an important game.

Yeah, it's gotta be pretty solid. It's no wonder that after all of the improvements she did that someone else nabbed her. Sometimes it's time to move on. Good for her.

#473 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

If Shepard dies in ME2, that's it, he's/she's dead. That save file isn't importable.

Spoiler

Oh, and don't hate on Zaeed. He's the shit. 8-)

Zaeed has more personality than this Vega idiot. Did one of the artists at Bioware let their 13-year old design him?

I'm pissed off at Zaeed because to succeed in his mission I had to slaughter tons of innocent people. The final scene was cool though.

Also thanks on the confirmation that a Shepard dead save is not importable.

#474 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

if brodus clay loses weight he could play this characters in movie versions

#475 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

This is gold (and no real spoilers just big image)
Spoiler

#476 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Zaeed has more personality than this Vega idiot. Did one of the artists at Bioware let their 13-year old design him?

I'm pissed off at Zaeed because to succeed in his mission I had to slaughter tons of innocent people. The final scene was cool though.

well he was revived once.. im sure he can be revived again.. lol many times

#477 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Actually, you can do that mission without letting those innocents die, if you have a high enough Paragon or Renegade score. I went through it and managed to save those innocents on a Paragon playthrough. Renegade playthrough, let them all die.

#478 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

This is gold (and no real spoilers just big image)

Spoiler

Can't really read the text, but seems like a funny idea.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#479 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

I am not a fan of this new Vega character at the moment, but doesn't damper my excitement for the game.

#480 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Can't really read the text, but seems like a funny idea.

Recommended pages: Banging Kelly Chambers. 76 friends like this.
LOL!:applause: