Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9577 replies to this topic

#5191 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

I started playing the game just as the fan reaction was getting really loud, and I was still expecting to like the ending. Figured there was something that most people just didn't get.

But as it turned out, yeah, it was worse than that time I got caught in a hail storm in my underwear.

Like I've said, I plan to do a couple more playthroughs of the game. But I also plan to stop the game right after Marauder Shields and let my head fill in the ending proper-like.

I've little faith in the "extended cut" DLC.

Posted Image

#5192 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just had to look this scene up again. So good. Got me all misty on my first playthrough.

Seriously, spoiler.

Spoiler

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5193 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Did anyone else completely abandon the game after hearing how horrible the endings were?

I play on PC and the fact that the endings are apparently absolutely atrocious along with the fact that I Origin is a broken piece of shit (I can't download DLC or redeem codes through it). I've pretty much decided to wait and play it later when the extended cut and all the other DLC is released.

Definitely seems to be a game where I wish I would have held out for the GOTY edition, but who the hell could have seen this coming with this game? Oh well!

Definitely not. I enjoyed the 95% of pure awesomeness this game was. The MP provided time well spent too.

#5194 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Old Yeller:

Spoiler

Like many (or few, don't really care too much) have said, 10 minutes can't ruin the other excellent 30ish hours.

It's the journey not the destination. And it sure has been one HELL of a great journey. Nothing can take that away.
Fight for the Lost

#5195 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yeah EDI seems like a good character to explain what happened or what's happening since that was her role previously. That or Anderson yet Anderson well you know.
Spoiler
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5196 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Old Yeller:

Spoiler

Like many (or few, don't really care too much) have said, 10 minutes can't ruin the other excellent 30ish hours.

It's the journey not the destination. And it sure has been one HELL of a great journey. Nothing can take that away.

Agreed. That sequence was a very bad-ass ending to that whole mission, which was pretty bad-ass to begin with.

Some of it's been a little WTF-ish (DA2-style fetch quests of "I have this, you might find it useful"), though it's been pretty impressive with what I've gone through, ending notwithstanding.

#5197 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5198 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Genius.

#5199 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

G33 & Dopa - Sent FR to both of you. My Weekends are usually locked in due to work so I'll only be on between early mornings till 3 pm and after midnight (EST). Since these events always start on Fridays that's when I usually make a few runs so let me know when you two are available.

I'll be on around midnight tonight. If we can get a group together for Gold, that'd be great :)
Fight for the Lost

#5200 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Just had to look this scene up again. So good. Got me all misty on my first playthrough.

Seriously, spoiler.

Spoiler

I don't remember that last part. Maybe I just missed it.
Posted Image

#5201 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:42 AM

I don't remember that last part. Maybe I just missed it.

I think it's possible for
Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5202 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

I'm on right now if anyone is interested in banging out a guaranteed Gold for their Commendation Pack. I'm good for a couple of games because I want to get that XBL Reward Promotion done asap, but I'll be on tomorrow and Sunday as well.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5203 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Did anyone else completely abandon the game after hearing how horrible the endings were?

I play on PC and the fact that the endings are apparently absolutely atrocious along with the fact that I Origin is a broken piece of shit (I can't download DLC or redeem codes through it). I've pretty much decided to wait and play it later when the extended cut and all the other DLC is released.

Definitely seems to be a game where I wish I would have held out for the GOTY edition, but who the hell could have seen this coming with this game? Oh well!

DO NOT rob yourself of the experience of ME3 despite the endings no mater how you feel about them. As stated, the journey, be it the graphics, the narrative, the characters, the culminating journey of MANY touching and genuinely genius moments in this game, ESPECIALLY if you are a fan at all of the series, should NOT be missed.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#5204 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

So, I couldn't sleep after trying for some gold runs with Simosaurus and Spybreaker, so I jumped back into my Insanity run. Finally, 1050/1050 achievements on my favorite game of all time. \\:D/

Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5205 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#5206 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Spoiler

Or "I hope you bought this game new because it comes with an online pass suckers".
Fight for the Lost

#5207 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I guess I am the only person that Insane Marauder Shields decided to go easy on. I passed him on the first try.

#5208 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

on a collectors note, if anyone is wanting a Legion Action figure for business or play, go get them now or look overseas, US supplies have seemingly vanished overnight. I had to import mine from having it in my cart on amazon to it being gone there and out on the bioware store within hours. eBay is offering some for around $28 and going up.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#5209 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

on a collectors note, if anyone is wanting a Legion Action figure for business or play, go get them now or look overseas, US supplies have seemingly vanished overnight. I had to import mine from having it in my cart on amazon to it being gone there and out on the bioware store within hours. eBay is offering some for around $28 and going up.

Thanks for the heads up! Need to get Garrus and legion quick.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5210 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#5211 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Spoiler

That is the crux of the "closure" issue to me.

Spoiler

#5212 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Spoiler

Heh. This is how I have always figured the scene with MS goes down on Insanity:

Simosaurus.png

#5213 atlantas

atlantas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

If anyone needs a member for a gold run, I would love to run. I have been trying to catch a public group, but have had little success. I'm ~ 530 N7 level. Feel free to shoot me a friend request.
Posted Image

#5214 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

That is the crux of the "closure" issue to me.

Spoiler

Ryu, you bring up a good point, It seems the majority of people fine with the ending just came in with Mass Effect 3, are casual Mass Effect fans or doesn't have such a strong relation with the characters. It seems odd, and ultimately highlights the out of place nature the ending has, that you'll be more disappointed with the ending if you're more of a fan especially considering this is a Bioware game (and they're a developer that listens to the community).
\
Yeah we had some good Gold runs last night, nothing stuck though, farthest we got was wave 9 lol. SOOO MUCH SHENANIGANS (AI cheating like a boss)! :booty:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#5215 nuromutt

nuromutt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

Love the series overall, love the ME universe and mythology more than I ever got into SW or ST.

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#5216 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

[noparse]
Spoiler
[/noparse]

Posted Image

#5217 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

"Go Advanced" -> "Spoilers"
Fight for the Lost

#5218 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Might be on later if the storms are not bad. Maybe around 9 or 10 central time.
Posted Image

#5219 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I consider myself a hardcore ME fan. My initial reaction to the ending was that I was cool with it. It was what it was. Now that I have had some time to mull it over more...I still am okay with it. Sure, I'll make jokes because there's holes and it went in directions I would not have expected, but ultimately there's nothing I'm going to get up in arms about.

Had some good fun in the (futile) quest for Gold last night. And Chubbyninja, Spybreaker, & Co.: You're welcome for all those revive bonuses you got from picking my sorry ass up off the ground. If I have time tonight or tomorrow, I am willing to give it another shot.

Simosaurus.png

#5220 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

I consider myself a hardcore ME fan. My initial reaction to the ending was that I was cool with it. It was what it was. Now that I have had some time to mull it over more...I still am okay with it. Sure, I'll make jokes because there's holes and it went in directions I would not have expected, but ultimately there's nothing I'm going to get up in arms about.

Had some good fun in the (futile) quest for Gold last night. And Chubbyninja, Spybreaker, & Co.: You're welcome for all those revive bonuses you got from picking my sorry ass up off the ground. If I have time tonight or tomorrow, I am willing to give it another shot.

Well there will always be exceptions haha. I'll be on tonight as well but I've been getting my Kinect, video apps time in today.