Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9576 replies to this topic

#5251 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

Mass Effect 3 isn't really one for charm. Nor is it one for little details.

WWHHHHAaaaaaattttt?!

ME3 has by far the most little details going back through the first two games, the books, the comics, and some outside stuff. PLEASE don't make me nerd rage and make a list.

Not one for charm? there are so many nods, moments, bromances, tearjerks, badassery, and otherwise sweet ass charm in this game i have a devastatingly hard time seeing how you can make that statement.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#5252 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Please 'splain again, my friend? I don't follow.

On a semi-related side note, I'm curious if future larger-scale DLC, like kasumi or shadow broker scale, single player DLC will include online components. I kind of have a feeling that single player dlc and multiplayer dlc will be separate with MP being free for two reasons A) to keep people playing and B) microtransactions = dolla dolla bills, y'all

Spoiler
. But, we won't see achievements with MP dlc.

Would have been cool to have MP specific achievements similar to eye of the hurricane, but I guess it was good that they had more general completion ones that could be earned in either SP or MP

#5253 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

WWHHHHAaaaaaattttt?!

ME3 has by far the most little details going back through the first two games, the books, the comics, and some outside stuff. PLEASE don't make me nerd rage and make a list.

Not one for charm? there are so many nods, moments, bromances, tearjerks, badassery, and otherwise sweet ass charm in this game i have a devastatingly hard time seeing how you can make that statement.

Just on the topic of funny stuff alone the Mass Effect series is full of charm. I'll even give it credit for making fun of itself from time to time. One that made me laugh was when Garrus shouts
Spoiler
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5254 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Please 'splain again, my friend? I don't follow.

On a semi-related side note, I'm curious if future larger-scale DLC, like kasumi or shadow broker scale, single player DLC will include online components. I kind of have a feeling that single player dlc and multiplayer dlc will be separate with MP being free for two reasons A) to keep people playing and B) microtransactions = dolla dolla bills, y'all

Spoiler
. But, we won't see achievements with MP dlc.

ME2 had other squad member dlc tied with the Cerberus Network. Everyone who bought the game new had that "membership". Instead of doing something similar with ME3 they decided to make new copies buy it for $10. I got the CE so I didn't have this dilemma but I can see the point of view from a person who picked up a new copy of the game at full retail value only having to put down another 10 bucks.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5255 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

OK, I got ya. Yeah, that is a good point. I do like the membership path vs. individual pay-for DLC. The Cerberus Network was a neat little perk that brought some decent free stuff, I suppose. While not dlc related, I liked the constant feed with news updates. Too bad they didn't do that with ANN right on the start page on ME3.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5256 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Took a break from other things and got on tonight to finish the Gold extraction requirement.

Noticed there are still a lot of people that quit after the last credit wave, some saying "Thanks" or just cursing as they leave.

They do it enough that I'm starting to think there is bug that lets you keep the credits.
:lol:

#5257 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

I just came across this and I do not know if this has been posted before but I am going to go with The Indoctrination Theory for explaining the ending of ME3.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5258 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

Personally, if we didn't have the Online Pass trash, this problem wouldn't be rearing its ugly head.
Fight for the Lost

#5259 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Personally, if we didn't have the Online Pass trash, this problem wouldn't be rearing its ugly head.

personally, if we didn't have piracy on such a grand scale this problem wouldn't be rearing its ugly head.

you can't blame them for trying creative ways to battle the used game market. we already can get $10-$20 on preorder GC's and flipping DLC codes.

MP - rather sick F/W/G, 3 geth, 1 salarian engine. The amount of shield drainage, stunning, and healing was insane. we beat it 23:50. I was like...whaaaa. I hope there's another MP DLC installment coming up. I'm starting to run out of fun and effective ways to put down the enemy. ...and full quarian melee is not both fun and effective.

#5260 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

personally, if we didn't have piracy on such a grand scale this problem wouldn't be rearing its ugly head.

you can't blame them for trying creative ways to battle the used game market. we already can get $10-$20 on preorder GC's and flipping DLC codes.

Is all that in regard to the discussion on From Ashes?

Because if not, carry on.

But if it is... that's silly as all Fuck, yo.

Posted Image

#5261 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

On-disc and day one DLC... ITZ CUZ PIRACY GUYZ!!

#5262 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Right, right. Like what the Xbox720/PS4 is going to do. Prevent used/borrowed games from being played on their system. I'm sure that'll stop piracy.
Fight for the Lost

#5263 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Well yea, some people choose to enjoy the other 95% of the game.

Except not all of that 95% is enjoyable. I'd say...75%, maybe 80%. There are some clear and definite lows.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#5264 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Also out of that 75% - 80% most of that seems like it was just a copy and paste of ME2 with some edits done. I would have liked to see some new armor sets and a better way to get missions. I have a bigger issue now with that than I do with the ending. I know I missed out on about half the game due to the way you get the missions. ME3 just seems like a dumbed down version of ME2. ME2 felt the same compared to ME but that seemed to work. By that I'm saying ME2 felt more like a third person shooter than the RPG that was ME. I'm not big into RPGs anymore however ME I liked. I would have liked for ME2 to have kept the RPG feel that ME had but ME2 was still a great game. ME3 to me just felt like the team really didn't try as much as the did on the first 2 games.
Posted Image

#5265 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Right, right. Like what the Xbox720/PS4 is going to do. Prevent used/borrowed games from being played on their system. I'm sure that'll stop piracy.

hey man, it's all good...we each have our own perspective on things. agreed or not.

#5266 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Was a lot of fun trying to attempt a few Gold runs this weekend with fellow friends and CAGs. Last night was even better you know since it was on Silver and doable lol. Still I think getting to wave 9 on Gold Friday night was a reasonable achievement to acknowledge (ah so close) haha. I was digging using my Turian Soldier and Marksman, would eat through a parade of Pyros in seconds! :bouncy:

I also unlocked the Carnifex, holy shit people weren't kidding that gun owns.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#5267 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

so BB currently is running a promo on BF3 for $19.99. Is the online pass inside the game what you need to unlock the Soldier w/carnage? (assuming every EA game comes w/an online pass now)

#5268 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Anyone interested in doing gold runs to try unlocking the unwavering achievement? I could see it taking forever if stuck with random people but with a dedicated group, it shouldn't be too bad.

#5269 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

It's too hostile in here.

Posted Image

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5270 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

@ IanK - you done with Prototype yet? there are n-m-e's that need to feel the beauty.

still no javelin. Alliance wanted to be cute and gave me a Saber...not exactly the sharp pointy thing I was hoping to get from my hard earned credits.

I've been seeing new places ppl take cover in FWG. It actually seems to be pretty decent based on the class dynamic...it also seemed to go faster by a few minutes. Geth take a lot more crossfire as well...only time we had a problem was when they wanted us to hack on the flight pad. Geth infiltrator rockin the Viper VII too.

#5271 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

@ IanK - you done with Prototype yet? there are n-m-e's that need to feel the beauty.

still no javelin. Alliance wanted to be cute and gave me a Saber...not exactly the sharp pointy thing I was hoping to get from my hard earned credits.

I've been seeing new places ppl take cover in FWG. It actually seems to be pretty decent based on the class dynamic...it also seemed to go faster by a few minutes. Geth take a lot more crossfire as well...only time we had a problem was when they wanted us to hack on the flight pad. Geth infiltrator rockin the Viper VII too.

Yeah, shipping it back to Gamefly today. It was actually pretty damned good; fixed everything I hated about the first.

I'll try to be on more this week. Could use some good packs. I got nothing but repeat character cards this weekend.

You mess with the Saber? I hear good things.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5272 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Yeah, shipping it back to Gamefly today. It was actually pretty damned good; fixed everything I hated about the first.

I'll try to be on more this week. Could use some good packs. I got nothing but repeat character cards this weekend.

The Saber is a beast but with being such it has a slow reload and fairly heavy amount of weight to offset its strengths (damage, accuracy).

#5273 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

you got nothing but character cards because you practically X'd all the rare wpns already.

Saber is a beast, but on gold when the pressure is on a sniper rifle just seems like a better wpn to go with. I'm guessing the saber V+ is where you start to see a difference in performance but at II, it's just too hvy and slow to reload. it's possible the beauty_soldier's bonuses might make it more usable.

Saber was the 1st N7 unlock I got, I read the reviews on it and tried it out. It pretty much one shot everything on bronze unless I hit a centurion in the arm then it was 1 shot + tech or biotic. the recoil on it is like the widow if not worse and when you miss you feel like reloading it is on a long cool down. it looks cool, hits hard, and w/the right spec very effective...but I'd rather a mantis X.

#5274 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

you got nothing but character cards because you practically X'd all the rare wpns already.

Saber is a beast, but on gold when the pressure is on a sniper rifle just seems like a better wpn to go with. I'm guessing the saber V+ is where you start to see a difference in performance but at II, it's just too hvy and slow to reload. it's possible the beauty_soldier's bonuses might make it more usable.

rock dat kishock

#5275 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

rock dat kishock

my favorite sniper rifle for every class except infiltrator. did they patch it yet? also did they stealth nerf energy drain? I've noticed you don't always get 100% shields restored? my guess was vs lower end geth have a much slammer energy pool to drain.

oddly enough, the kishock is more like a omni javelin...

#5276 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

I need to mess with the Kishock more. Just to keep shit fresh, if nothing else. I've definitely settled into a pool of classes that I play best with. Must...shake...it up...!

Maybe I'll actually try the human vanguard out. I've never ever played as it. Feel like I'm missing out on the Nova shenanigans.

I checked, and I actually do have every rare at X; all the mods too. SOMEHOW, I only have two uncommons maxed out though. No clue how the shit that works.

#5277 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

I need to mess with the Kishock more. Just to keep shit fresh, if nothing else. I've definitely settled into a pool of classes that I play best with. Must...shake...it up...!

Maybe I'll actually try the human vanguard out. I've never ever played as it. Feel like I'm missing out on the Nova shenanigans.

I checked, and I actually do have every rare at X; all the mods too. SOMEHOW, I only have two uncommons maxed out though. No clue how the shit that works.

play human sentinel with explosion armor, that's fun too

Edited by gotdott, 30 April 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#5278 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

funny...humans get a bad rap in ME3 MP. they're actually all viable, human vanguard is pretty nasty. i've seen them able to tank atlas and primes better than the others (pre-krogan). BC/Nova nonsense is a lot of fun. You really don't need more than a pistol.

#5279 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

We should see if we can beat gold using nothing but Shockwave. Me and some dudes already beat one (count 'em, ONE!) wave of gold using nothing but Pull with Drell Adepts. Even took a Brute down somehow!

Spoiler

Edit: I also find that most humans are legit. Sentinel, Engineer, and Vanguard would be at the top of my list, probably. Human Sentinels seem like better Human Adepts, which is unfortunate for the latter. I've seen several break 130k just biotic blasting everything. It's a shame Singularity isn't better in the MP.

#5280 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I've done the nothing but Throw/Gold wave(s). Very entertaining.

Yeah, Human Sentinal is a self sufficient biotic explosion machine. Turian Sent can do the tech bursts as well which I wasn't aware of.

You're thinking like Jelks, Singularity just isn't optimized for Gold runs. It has it place, it just takes a bit more to make it happen. It otherwise works great on bronze and silver. Combine that with the incisor rifle and you're bound to be video worthy.