Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9586 replies to this topic

#5581 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Never encourage leechers, Edge. You should have left the split second you realized that asshole wasn't playing man. I'll be on around 6 EST if you still need help.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#5582 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Next time if you see me on, feel free to hit me up edge. I saw you on earlier but your game was full so I didn't bother popping in my disc.

#5583 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

strange sensation being able to stand directly in the line of fire of a sentry turret...and not die in 3 seconds. (bronze) played a a map this morning with some high lvl randoms, still not sure why lvl 18 + play bronze with N7 ratings of 700+ but hey, helps my lvl 5 get 3 lvls in 13 minutes.

Indra on the turian sent was a bucket of fun.

think they'll release the Chakram AR for MP?

#5584 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

They honestly should but I doubt it will happen anytime soon. I still haven't used it myself nor mained it on squadmates, but anything that will prolong my interest in mp is fine by me. I know that if EC doesn't float my boat though I'll be out as soon as the free MP DLC stops. I plan to milk that cow dry.

I'd also like to thank Edge for contributing to the best match I've ever had in MP yesterday. Gold Reapers with three infiltrators and me as an Asari Justicar on Reactor. DAT VALIANT SPHERE ALL DAY BWOY. The AI was utterly PISSED at us. We were killing Banshees so fast it kept spam spawning them with a vengeance. Then after our random bitched out on us the game decided to drop a Wave 10 hack on us for the hell of it. We spent every cobra we had just to finish it then ran around the map screaming like bitches to guarantee an extraction. Oh man... the funniest shit ever and way too much fun.

Of course in typical BioWare fashion that match was followed by the WORST match I've ever had in Gold. The game decided to lock me out of my own hosted game after booting me by finding TWO OTHER PEOPLE during host migration on the last two f*cking waves. Neither player had any idea they were on Gold. I came real close to Gears of War levels of nerd angst. ;\

Now I'm playing for enough respec cards to create some of the worst class/weapon set ups I can think of for the hell of it. I'm almost ready to publicly debut my Krogan Kishock Sentinel. Oh... the hate is going to be glorious. Time to carry ME for a change assholes. ^_^

#5585 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

@ - ink, wouldn't a quarian focused on melee be less effective than a krogan kishock sent though? I mean if you want to be dead weight...choose the lightest race to make the biggest impact.

#5586 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Oh most definitely but my plan is to be carried and not just troll. Otherwise I'd just respec a Geth character, skip any point allocation, load up on equipment w/ a GPS and head straight to random Gold with the intention of going on a melee spree when the game starts. Now that is downright diabolical my friend. I'm a dick but I still want to get paid and kill things. Plus I dig the challenge of trying to be successful with a deliberately shitty build.

Besides I never melee with Krogan characters unless absolutely necessary because it isn't my strong suit. I really suck at it. I just max out the bottom row of Fitness and go about my business. Works wonders for my Soldier but then again I'm spamming Charge and Infernos with a Striker X as host so... yeah. The only way I could f*ck that up is by not playing at all.

Wait... good idea on the melee build! I completely forgot I made a melee based Sentinel in the past tricked out for tech burst stagger. I should get back to figuring out how to make that shit more effective. I just need a damn card. -_-

#5587 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

you could just promote and relevel...doesn't take many runs to get back to lvl 17. You practically get 3-5 levels per full extraction depending on difficulty. your N7 rating will go up (trivial in nature but it does seem to influence if ppl try and kick you immediately or not)

the burst stagger is really just my OH @#$% button when phantoms gets too friendly.

#5588 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

The only reason I don't promote anymore is because I have a ton of bad ass color schemes that I'm sick of memorizing. My rating is high enough that I don't have to worry about randoms kicking based solely on it, but I rarely join in games unless I have no other choice. Much easier for me if I host my own and solo until someone shows up. If I've gone a few games without anyone then I'll move onto something else. I have neither the interest nor patience for dealing with random kicking and I hate wasting equipment on a solo run. I play till I'm dead then start over again.

If you could only promote one character instead of the entire roster in that class or at least save your aesthetic preferences I'd use it more often. Plus there's that irritating point you can't do anything about without a respec card which usually screws all of my builds up. So the only use I have for it now is to boost my leaderboard ranking which I honestly couldn't care less about.

#5589 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

petition to let gotdott give you 17 of his respec cards, he has like 90 of them.

I basically promote all my classes after a few games with the lvl 20's except my engineer and infiltrator. I basically have them where I want them and the salarian engine is a guarentee I can host a FWG w/little margin of error.

#5590 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'd gladly take any number of those off his hands. They'd certainly find a good home.

Oh, and btw... anybody interested in some FBG farming tonight? IT BEGINS.

DAT MALE QUARIAN ON DECK ALL DAY BUT ONLY IF ITZ FREE. I also find it funny how whenever I plan to play like a jackass the game purposely pairs me up with three people who are interested in working as a damn team. I can't troll those people especially a new player who's putting in work and helping out. Damn you karma gods. -_-'

I think I also fell in love with the Kishock. It's a hilariously fun weapon to use, but I still need respecs to make a serious build out of it.

#5591 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

if I can't log into battle net tonight, I'll be down for MP.

#5592 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

I would, but Max Payne's staring me down right now. I've got painkillers and heads to pop.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5593 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

I would, but Max Payne's staring me down right now. I've got painkillers and heads to pop.

LIES! it's because you X'd 99% of your rares!

#5594 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I X'd 100% of my rares! But only like 13% of my uncommons!

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#5595 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

ah hah!

#5596 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

LOL. Fine... I'll credit hoard for the Rebellion DLC by myself. Hmph.

#5597 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Maybe a new gun to replace the Incisor. Or Vindicator. Kind of like what they did with the Striker replacing the Falcon!

Nerf one into oblivion and then make it absolutely worthless by adding in a better gun.

Brilliance.

Oh, and one more thing: if I'm on later, I'll join you for FBG. I have never done one before. SERIOUSLY #-o
Fight for the Lost

#5598 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

You've never done a FBG farming session? Oh god... you are going to bored out of your mind. It's Gold Geth + CoD camping + Bad Kids/Try Hards who yearn for the number one spot whilst getting paid. Personally I can only stomach a couple unless I find a team who can knock them in 20 minutes or less.

As for the DLC, well, I'd say that's par for the course when it comes to BioWare and weapon balancing.

Such an award winning formula! Sadly the release date on the official Sony site was debunked by Prestly, but that's it. I figure I might as well get an early start on stacking so I can unlock everything when the Rebellion Pack comes out. Well provided this one is free otherwise I'm sitting it out.

#5599 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yea, I've never done it before. I had a chance to do it twice, but both times I "lost connection to the server". Almost like BioWare didn't want me to do FBG.
Fight for the Lost

#5600 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Mass Effect 2 Facebook post linked an amazing wallpaper from Deviantart: http://thejtizzle.de...epard-300898073
Oh yeah, that's my wallpaper now (which I usually get via random program)!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#5601 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Mass Effect 2 Facebook post linked an amazing wallpaper from Deviantart: http://thejtizzle.de...epard-300898073
Oh yeah, that's my wallpaper now (which I usually get via random program)!

Yeah, saw that earlier today. That's some sick art! But, why did he go with the SR-1? The Alliance SR2 is a much more elegant ship.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#5602 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

i guess im in the same boat as XP, if i cant plays my diablos ill go punch some phantoms

#5603 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

the group I played a lot with all use Vindicators, IanK knowns them well...they swear by it. it's not often you can just stand with your junk out and unload an entire clip so a burst first gun w/decent punch isn't a bad choice.

I played briefly this morning. 30 mins of gold is much more predictable than trying to only play 30 mins of Diablo 3.

#5604 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

The rebellion pack was supposedly outer via japan psn or something. It referenced a firebase jade jungle map + firebase goddess Theseus map and quarian, gotcha and phoenix races. Some of this we heard about before in rumors, maybe now it'll be officially announced.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#5605 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Can we get a dang single player DLC up in here already?! I'd even take a costume pack at this point. :lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5606 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Can we get a dang single player DLC up in here already?! I'd even take a costume pack at this point. :lol:

the CE came w/a alternate costumes no? wouldn't a costume pack be just be that? since alt outfits actually give bonuses.

#5607 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think what my man Ryu is saying is that there are some folks who only like the single player stuff and are dying for more content. While I enjoy the MP, I'd shank a kitten for more sp content. Even if it is more costumes or whatever. ANYTHING good for the campaign would be welcome. More cheevos would be nice too.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#5608 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think what my man Ryu is saying is that there are some folks who only like the single player stuff and are dying for more content. While I enjoy the MP, I'd shank a kitten for more sp content. Even if it is more costumes or whatever. ANYTHING good for the campaign would be welcome. More cheevos would be nice too.

Yes, that. :) I think the multi is fun and it's cool that people are really into it, but it's not going to replace Horde 2.0 for me and I'd really prefer to have some more campaign content.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5609 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Omega Relay...that's the DLC I'm wishing/waiting for. I can't think of anything else that would help the storyline much.

...and either the robot dog is broken or its confined to the hangar which is garbage.

#5610 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Omega Relay...that's the DLC I'm wishing/waiting for. I can't think of anything else that would help the storyline much.

...and either the robot dog is broken or its confined to the hangar which is garbage.

I'd put my vote in for taking back Omega with Aria, as that's the only thing I can see as "dangling" and left over from the main SP gameplay.