Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#6061 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:55 AM

If this takes place in year 2185, how can THEIR ARs be worse than ARs in 2012? Toss in the AA12 and make it like its REAL-LIFE counterpart. Then I'll stop complaining about ARs (yes, I know it's technically not an AR, but it's damn close).

Be careful what you wish for Edge. BioWare's version would result in an ultra rare with half the range of the Reegar, slightly more damage than our currently buffed Eagle, the Crusader's "for eagle eyes only" reticule and the Javelin's weight + capacity.

In other words... hot volcanic garbage.

As for the next leak... if the free train is still running full steam and 4 out of 6 of those human classes aren't OP Infiltrators or come with gimmicky situational powers then I'm all for it. Otherwise by the time it releases I'll hopefully have moved onto the Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Dawnguard DLC and the RE6 demo.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#6062 kirby145

kirby145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

As for the next leak... if the free train is still running full steam and 4 out of 6 of those human classes aren't OP Infiltrators or come with gimmicky situational powers then I'm all for it. Otherwise by the time it releases I'll hopefully have moved onto the Witcher 2, Dragon's Dogma, Dawnguard DLC and the RE6 demo.

Some of the classes released would actually be really good if they weren't bugged to hell.

Example: Krogan Vanguard. Not on host? Let's throw you under the map. Also, rage doesn't work on you.

The packs will stay "free" because everyone knows there is no such thing as a free lunch. It requires either a ridiculous amount of playtime or much cheaper payment. I know people are buying the mp.
Posted Image
Xbox: kirby145x

#6063 Dunvane

Dunvane

The Diddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

It was probably a combination of your brain asking why he had no accent, mixed with it then being disturbed by the ending. An unfortunate thing is that because of the trauma of those two things, your brain made sacrifices on what stood out in the game at the end, and that minor detail about Anderson seemed insignificant next to the poor ending.

If the extended cut actually satisfies, I think people will be able to focus more on odd details like that. It was just a strange sentence that sort of lead to an awkward pause between Shepard and Anderson.

They should have offered the Renegade Han Solo response to Anderson.

Spoiler

Actually, I just re-read the first Mass Effect novel ("Revelation" I think, it's the one with Saren on the cover), which is about the mission that Saren & the Council evaluated Anderson for becoming humanity's first spectre. That novel came out either right before the first game was released or around the same time. It discusses, in detail, that Anderson is from London and that he does not have an accent because of multi-cultural upbringing and from watching a good deal of international news-vids where accents were purposefully eliminated for the broadcasts.

So... it was an homage to facts that a real ME fan would know about Anderson.

#6064 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Some of the classes released would actually be really good if they weren't bugged to hell.

Example: Krogan Vanguard. Not on host? Let's throw you under the map. Also, rage doesn't work on you.

The packs will stay "free" because everyone knows there is no such thing as a free lunch. It requires either a ridiculous amount of playtime or much cheaper payment. I know people are buying the mp.

A couple of hours a day and you can have everything X'd in a month or so

#6065 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Actually, I just re-read the first Mass Effect novel ("Revelation" I think, it's the one with Saren on the cover), which is about the mission that Saren & the Council evaluated Anderson for becoming humanity's first spectre. That novel came out either right before the first game was released or around the same time. It discusses, in detail, that Anderson is from London and that he does not have an accent because of multi-cultural upbringing and from watching a good deal of international news-vids where accents were purposefully eliminated for the broadcasts.

So... it was an homage to facts that a real ME fan would know about Anderson.

Its.been a long time since I read that novel, but excellent catch! I forgot all a out that. It really was great to see Kahlee Sanders in ME3, wasn't it?
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6066 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

got a few silvers in over the weekend, played with 3 quarian infiltrators (male). They were all armed w/the new sniper rifle and arc grenaded the geth to death. it was no contest. I saw the reegar carbine shotty too in another game, a bit sick...I can see why everyone likes how powerful it is. I was using tactics, they were just spamming grenades and spraying.

...good times.

my spectre packs? nothing worth mentioning...but I have X'd more shotguns and smg(s). None of which I use often.

#6067 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

In my experience the packs are feast or famine. First I hit a good streak and unlocked both Vorcha, the Cerb Adept and Quarian Male Infiltrator across 4 or 5 packs. I went through three Premium packs next and only got low upgrades on things like rare guns which I dont use. My last pack late last night was a goldmine. The M77 Paladin AND the Cereberus Harrier. Double Ultra-Rare, what does it mean? :)

Tested out one quick bronze with the Harrier on my Turian Soldier. Marksman, extended clip (which only got me to just under 120 rounds full capacity) and armor pierce. Just tore down the Reaper forces. Had to stand near an ammo box a lot, but my fav AR by far.

#6068 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

I was on a long famine streak with the packs, but lately I've opened the reeger shotgun, some good gear, that stupid Krogan that aluded me and just this past weekend the Cerberus Adept. I guess I can't complain, because that Reeger is sick! But, I'd really have liked to unlock a Vorcha.

Back to the Reeger shotgun, it's only level 1, so it's blast is like a straight forward electric burst. I was playing with a random who was using it and it had arcs all over the place. It was pretty crazy. So, I'm assuming it was leveled up a bit.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6069 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Vorcha Sentinel is a Fire Explosion machine.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6070 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

*Sits atop a jewel encrusted throne whilst stroking his Black Widow and Saber*

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

P.S. -
Spoiler

#6071 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Its.been a long time since I read that novel, but excellent catch! I forgot all a out that. It really was great to see Kahlee Sanders in ME3, wasn't it?

Indeed it has, ditto.

In my experience the packs are feast or famine. First I hit a good streak and unlocked both Vorcha, the Cerb Adept and Quarian Male Infiltrator across 4 or 5 packs. I went through three Premium packs next and only got low upgrades on things like rare guns which I dont use. My last pack late last night was a goldmine. The M77 Paladin AND the Cereberus Harrier. Double Ultra-Rare, what does it mean? :)

Tested out one quick bronze with the Harrier on my Turian Soldier. Marksman, extended clip (which only got me to just under 120 rounds full capacity) and armor pierce. Just tore down the Reaper forces. Had to stand near an ammo box a lot, but my fav AR by far.

Yeah I unlocked more of the Striker and I think I have it up to 7 now, coupled with my Turian Soldier I can't believe the amount of firepower (granted it doesn't do a ton of damage but it'll continuously stun an enemy) you can deal out with that weapon in such a short time. Haha I usually use an assault rifle or sniper rifle so I'm usually zoomed in. Hehe, the time when I shot at an enemy with that gun without being scoped in and just unloading my clip my jaw :drool:

I don't think grabbing Premium Spectre Packs is that rewarding considering the unlocks I've gotten from them compared to just Spectre Packs. I've been grabbing Recruit Packs for the longest time until I got to the point of getting duplicate items and unlocks.

Vorcha Sentinel is a Fire Explosion machine.

Is one of my favorites to use, seriously flame comes in handy in a lot of situations, almost as much as freezing enemies does.

Back to the Reeger shotgun, it's only level 1, so it's blast is like a straight forward electric burst. I was playing with a random who was using it and it had arcs all over the place. It was pretty crazy. So, I'm assuming it was leveled up a bit.

Yeah I have Reeger II now but none of that crazy ass spread out arc goodness we saw from that dude.

Edited by Spybreak8, 11 June 2012 - 06:21 PM.
typo

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6072 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

I don't think grabbing Premium Spectre Packs is that rewarding considering the unlocks I've gotten from them compared to just Spectre Packs. I've been grabbing Recruit Packs for the longest time until I got to the point of getting duplicate items and unlocks.

The problem is that it's all down to luck of the draw. You've just been "luckier" with Spectre Packs. Statistically, Premium Spectre Packs are your best bet. Sometimes, you just have to keep at it and you'll get what you want.

On a side note, I finally X'd out all my Rares. Phew. Now on to the Ultra-Rares.

Edited by dualedge2, 12 June 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Fight for the Lost

#6073 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

The problem is that it's all down to luck of the draw. You've just been "luckier" with Spectre Packs. Statistically, Premium Spectre Packs are your best bet. Sometimes, you just have to keep at it and you'll get what you want.

On a side note, I finally X'd out all my Rares. Phew. Now on to the Ultra-Rares.

Maybe but when you factor in that a Spectre Pack is 60K and a Premium SP is 99K that's more than 50% more expensive than the SP. Infact the PSP is 1.65 times more than the SP so yeah you might be getting more random rares with PSP but in my eyes you can pick up 3 Spectre Packs for the price of 2 Premiums, while having a little bit of change left over.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#6074 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I just buy psp's because it's the best chance to get u_rares...last psp had an uncommon, 2 rares, rockets, and the new equipment.

how long does the new equipment pack last for? Hours? a day? I've seen ppl using the grenade upgrade and tearing geth a new one w/their quarians doods.

#6075 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Cut Anderson audio from the end?!
Spoiler

Lol well when it is, Happy Father's Day.

#6076 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I just buy psp's because it's the best chance to get u_rares...last psp had an uncommon, 2 rares, rockets, and the new equipment.

how long does the new equipment pack last for? Hours? a day? I've seen ppl using the grenade upgrade and tearing geth a new one w/their quarians doods.

The new Gear is permanent and level-able up to 5. I can't wait to five out that Grenade pack with my Drell.

#6077 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

The new Gear is permanent and level-able up to 5. I can't wait to five out that Grenade pack with my Drell.

perma eq? so there's no reason not to equip it once you get one...amirite?

I think i got the shield equipment mod. dang, i suddenly want to play again. Let me know when you're going to t-bag phantoms so i can make a point to login.

#6078 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

perma eq? so there's no reason not to equip it once you get one...amirite?

I think i got the shield equipment mod. dang, i suddenly want to play again. Let me know when you're going to t-bag phantoms so i can make a point to login.

Yup. Equip away. There are some really good ones out there.

We'll play this week, man. Lively's down for some game too.

#6079 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

We'll play this week, man. Lively's down for some game too.

bananas!

#6080 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Be careful what you wish for Edge. BioWare's version would result in an ultra rare with half the range of the Reegar, slightly more damage than our currently buffed Eagle, the Crusader's "for eagle eyes only" reticule and the Javelin's weight + capacity.

In other words... hot volcanic garbage.

Keep in mind that our troops don't have biotic or tech powers. Bioware needs to balance the weapos vs. powers. Not an easy job. IMO they're doing a decent job.

That said, I've been trying to get the Harrier for ever, and after probably 50 PSP still no luck. I've decided to screw it and use Mattock X with a rapid fire controller. I just ordered this one:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00742CIN4/

#6081 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Be careful with that controller. I vaguely recall BioWare considering mods to be a light bannable offense. Just don't quote me on it.

#6082 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Be careful with that controller. I vaguely recall BioWare considering mods to be a light bannable offense. Just don't quote me on it.

Thanks for the warning. Does anybody have any info on this? Is there even a way for Bioware to detect a rapid fire controller? Someone could just have a fast trigger finger...

Also, I want to add that I'd never use it in a competitive MP (which I never play anyway).

#6083 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the warning. Does anybody have any info on this? Is there even a way for Bioware to detect a rapid fire controller? Someone could just have a fast trigger finger...

Also, I want to add that I'd never use it in a competitive MP (which I never play anyway).

I have a friend who's been using one since ME3 came out, for the multiplayer, and he's not been banned. I believe he's around 2100+ N7 ranking now. He likes to use it with the Mattock. So.. I assume it's not a big offense.
Steam: Rhett816

#6084 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

I got my victory pack but no commendation pack even though I met the goal.

#6085 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Because I love sharing:

0sm4.png

#6086 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

^ Awesome

#6087 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

I got my victory pack but no commendation pack even though I met the goal.

Commendation packs are usually dispersed later

#6088 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Maybe but when you factor in that a Spectre Pack is 60K and a Premium SP is 99K that's more than 50% more expensive than the SP. Infact the PSP is 1.65 times more than the SP so yeah you might be getting more random rares with PSP but in my eyes you can pick up 3 Spectre Packs for the price of 2 Premiums, while having a little bit of change left over.

Here's the math, plain and simple:

2 Spectre Packs = 120,000 crds.
1 PSP = 99,000 crds.

So, if you buy 3 Spectre Packs = 180,000 crds. for a total of 3 Rares (guaranteed). 2 PSPs = 198,000 crds for a total of 4 Rares (guaranteed), with 18,000 leftover. Oh yes, and the PSP has a higher chance for Ultras (not sure how much higher).

Again though, it's all down to luck of the draw.

Also, damn Crusader. Broke my Valiant streak. Get off my leg dammit!

Edited by dualedge2, 12 June 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Fight for the Lost

#6089 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Lively's down for some game too.

Haha I read that as
Spoiler

Gear being permanent, damn did I miss the memo!?

#6090 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yep, the new gear slot is permanent. Keep it on and rock away.
Fight for the Lost