Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9655 replies to this topic

#6181 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Agreed. I just always found that part about him to be weird as holy f*ck and always wondered how hilarious the explanation would be if I asked a female member of his fan base.

I think it needs field testing. It might actually be the most pro move out there, who knows.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6182 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

I think it needs field testing. It might actually be the most pro move out there, who knows.

Didn't Carth Onasi harp about his dead wife a lot? I thought the 'sensitive widower' thing was kind of a romance trope.

ETA: Steeeeeeeeeeeeve Cortez also.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6183 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

Word.

Calibrations to your mother.

Marauder Shields is a badass, respect.

Spoiler

Agreed. Not expecting it in EC, though you never know at this point.

Frankly I think BioWare was trying to please all the ultra-Paragons who were disappointed with ME2 because they only wanted to play Shepard as a Real American Hero and didn't want to have any interaction with unsavory characters like Cerberus other than shooting them. God knows that's why Shepard became affiliated with the Alliance again. Personally I found Shepard much more interesting when he was forced to work on the fringes, outside the law and allied with questionable people like TIM, Jack, Thane, Samara, etc.

There was enough shooting of unsavory Cerberus characters in ME1, yes. Even if you were ultra-paragon in ME2, you were using Cerberus as a means to an end because the Collectors obviously needed to be stopped. Some of the decisions along the way were an issue, yes, though you could go ultra-Paragon and work through it to a correct ending, knowing also that you were working these questionable characters into a "right" goal.

I think that Shepard moving back with the Alliance was more borne of the Alliance knowing that they couldn't let Shepard run around the galaxy with what he/she knew and with they suspected might be coming. Probably some hidden olive branch towards the batarians so they could say they have Shepard under lock and key.

Are we all talking about the same canon "I gladly risked my life to save your corpse regardless of where we stand romantically speaking because I'm not so secretly obsessed with you. Oh, and I managed to recover and frame your dog tags. That's not weird... is it?" Liara T'soni?

The worst the version I'm thinking of would do is pout excessively while crying on Feron's shoulder and taking her frustrations out on enemy combatants.

I never understood the allure of chasing after a man who prefers to call you by the pet name of his dead wife, but that's just me. If I were a woman I'd find it extremely creepy.

The same canon one, yes. I guess she had visions of Shepard as savior of the galaxy in her head and didn't want him getting misplaced.

And don't mess with the pouting, crying asari with lots of biotics under her control. Hormones, y'see.

I think Thane was a man who saw a lot of his wife in Shepard and it was a kindred spirits type of thing. Plus, he knew he was on the way out with Kepral's Syndrome, so maybe it was some way in his head to try and make peace with his dead wife.

More thought than I put into it, really. He breaks necks and doesn't afraid of anything, so I shared my space flower.

I personally don't think any of the romances in the games are very fulfilling, but I appreciate their attempts.

What would have worked as a more fulfilling romance?

Agreed. I just always found that part about him to be weird as holy f*ck and always wondered how hilarious the explanation would be if I asked a female member of his fan base.

I've seen posts on the Bioware forums that would make me think that a goodly number of female fan base members like Thane as the strong, silent type.

Dare I wonder what this field testing would look like?

Didn't Carth Onasi harp about his dead wife a lot? I thought the 'sensitive widower' thing was kind of a romance trope.

ETA: Steeeeeeeeeeeeve Cortez also.

Steeeeeeeeeve Cortez, yes, and I think Carth as well, though it's been a while since I've played KOTOR.

#6184 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

In fairness on the whole "too video gamey" thing, what they were specifically talking about was

Spoiler
And I completely agree with that. The non-physical confrontation you get instead is an awesome sequence and a much better representation of what that character is all about than a shootout with a monster would have been.

Besides, ME2 had a conventional final boss fight and BioWare got nothing but complaints about it.

Oh what no Batman: Arhkam Asylum love? ;) lol

Even the boss fight in the ME2 DLC Overlord was cool and not too video gamey. Do something like that and it'd totally fit, instead of
Spoiler
. :bouncy: There you go
Ha!
Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak8, 20 June 2012 - 09:26 PM.
great better than pic

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6185 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Oh what no Batman: Arhkam Asylum love? ;) lol

Even the boss fight in the ME2 DLC Overlord was cool and not too video gamey. Do something like that and it'd totally fit, instead of

Spoiler
. :bouncy: There you go
Ha!
Spoiler

Genius, that is, for that other ending.

The boss fight in Overlord was a bit different than previous ones like it, though nothing different than we run into with
Spoiler
. I rather liked it because it was different. No Human form digital Reaper, thanks. :D

#6186 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

He breaks necks and doesn't afraid of anything

Classic. I hope Kolyat put this on his dad's tombstone.

#6187 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

"doesn't afraid of anything"

...My meme sense is tingling. Someone roll with this shit. QUICK!

Spoiler

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#6188 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

Are we all talking about the same canon "I gladly risked my life to save your corpse regardless of where we stand romantically speaking because I'm not so secretly obsessed with you. Oh, and I managed to recover and frame your dog tags. That's not weird... is it?" Liara T'soni?

The worst the version I'm thinking of would do is pout excessively while crying on Feron's shoulder and taking her frustrations out on enemy combatants.

I never understood the allure of chasing after a man who prefers to call you by the pet name of his dead wife, but that's just me. If I were a woman I'd find it extremely creepy.

Except Siha wasn't a pet name for his dead wife. Hell, it wasn't even his dead wife's name, which was Irikah Krios. And one more thing, "Siha" means...

Thane eventually reveals it as the name of "One of the warrior-angels of the goddess Arashu. Fierce in wrath. A tenacious protector.

If Thane was going to have a "pet name" for Irikah, it would've been "Arashu" because he says in ME2...

I thought she was the goddess Arashu.

:applause:
Fight for the Lost

#6189 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

I stand corrected. It's not creepy anymore. Just kind of cheesy and the fact I was mistaken speaks volumes of my lack of interest in the lore since ME2 came out.

#6190 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

I lost all interest after Starchild, so hey. It's all good.

Reminds me of Episode I and that whole "midichlorian" garbage.

And yes, for me, it's on that level of bull.

One last thing:

To be clear, the player group can only be comprised of krogans, vorcha or batarians. If there are humans, geth or quarians in the group, it will NOT count.

You can have an all vorcha squad or a mix of krogans and batarians or all 3 races, just ONLY those 3 races.

Edited by dualedge2, 21 June 2012 - 02:51 AM.

Fight for the Lost

#6191 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

While I am one of very few people on the planet that defends Bioware for the ending they put out and really did enjoy the ending, it would have been pretty badass if
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#6192 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

In MP news, Tactical Cloak is on the chopping block to get nerfed next week due to Infiltrators commanding 33% of the lobby make up in Gold games. Enjoy it while it lasts folks.

#6193 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Extended Cut coming June 26!!!

#6194 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Looks like Extended Cut drops next Tuesday:

http://www.gameinfor...is-tuesday.aspx

Shall we take a guess on how big it is?

EDIT: Damn you, Ryu, beat me to it.

EDIT #2: FAQ for you:
http://masseffect.bi...t/extended_cut/

For the link-lazy:

How much is the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
When does the Extended Cut release?

• The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.
How large is the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.
How do I get the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.
What is included in the Extended Cut?

• The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
Does the Extended Cut change the endings?

• The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.
What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?

• Spoiler
Where can I learn more about the Extended Cut?

• To learn more about the Extended Cut, please enjoy the Extended Cut interview podcast with Community Manager Jessica Merizan, Executive Producer Casey Hudson, and Lead Writer Mac Walters.

#6195 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Have fun, folks.

I'll get to it eventually.

Posted Image

#6196 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

On my birthday, eh? We'll see how much of a present it is.

#6197 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

From the interview:

"Several minutes of additional content"

#6198 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I think visiting BSN on or after the 26th might be a bad idea with the folks that inhabit that section of the Internet. :D

#6199 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

Wow, that's soon. Holding my breath... don't let me down, BioWare.

#6200 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Now to spam the Datapad app and try to get my readiness back to max before Tuesday...

Or maybe I should leave it at 50%, since that's where it was for my initial "canon" character playthrough... Decisions decisions...

#6201 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

So, my soul only is only trapped in Purgatory (not the bar or prison ship) for 4 more days? Fine by me.

Let's finish this. And hopefully the correct way, this time.

0sm4.png

#6202 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Same day as Dawnguard, I think? Not really sure what's gonna win for me right now.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6203 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Purgatory (not the bar or prison ship)

I always thought that was weird. Was the bar supposed to be named after the prison? Did the writers just not realize that two unrelated locations in the series just had the exact same name? How come Jack never remarked on it? :lol:

#6204 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'll be playing the ending on Tuesday, but as Destructoid put it, "I don't want to be on the Internet next week."
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6205 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

funny. at first glance, Javik in the EC image release on FB looked like Gambit from xmen with an inflated head.

does the challenge mean, your squad just needs at least 1 krogan, vorcha, or bat? or all four squad members must be the beatuiful races?

#6206 Neppy

Neppy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

http://www.miscuploa...62585970458.gif

#6207 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

funny. at first glance, Javik in the EC image release on FB looked like Gambit from xmen with an inflated head.

does the challenge mean, your squad just needs at least 1 krogan, vorcha, or bat? or all four squad members must be the beatuiful races?

Entire squad. If even one person isn't one of the three races you automatically forfeit the squad goal.

#6208 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

http://www.miscuploa...62585970458.gif

Holy crap, my body is ready!
Posted Image
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6209 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Entire squad. If even one person isn't one of the three races you automatically forfeit the squad goal.

[x] [x]
...time to warm up the ole kickings legs.

#6210 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Looks like EMS requirements are going to be changed, but details are pretty vague.
Spoiler