Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

#6211 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Wow, that's soon. Holding my breath... don't let me down, BioWare.

I'd suggest NOT holding your breath. You'll be far less disappointed that way.

I know that at this point, I'd rather have that "new endings" DLC.
Fight for the Lost

#6212 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

So, because the story is about a war, we have to play MP? Boy, that doesn't sound crazy at all.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6213 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'd suggest NOT holding your breath. You'll be far less disappointed that way.

I know that at this point, I'd rather have that "new endings" DLC.

Trust me, I've been hoping for the best, but expecting the worst since this thing was announced. Holding my breath now just refers to me being incredibly nervous about it.
Posted Image

#6214 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Trust me, I've been hoping for the best, but expecting the worst since this thing was announced. Holding my breath now just refers to me being incredibly nervous about it.

"Better than I feared. Worse than I hoped."

In MP news, Tactical Cloak is on the chopping block to get nerfed next week due to Infiltrators commanding 33% of the lobby make up in Gold games. Enjoy it while it lasts folks.

This doesn't really bother me that much because I've been losing interest in the MP for a little while now. The allure of Ultra-Rares (some that don't even deserve that moniker) simply isn't good enough to keep interest up. Add to that the fact that TC is still broken (breaks every other activation) and this nerf, I won't be around much longer if they keep screwing shit up.
Fight for the Lost

#6215 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Spoilerz!

Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6216 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

does bioware know that the various Infiltrators have some seriously strong abilities and combos? and who doen't want to cloak? ppl like cloaking...and in a game where you're not getting sniped back, and you are the sniper? yeah...invisible finger of god wielder is very popular in games. 33% seems small esp since the Geth infiltrator is just so much fun and powerful.

I suppose since everyone else figured biotic combos were more efficient, that makes up the rest of the statistics.

the only thing I noticed broken or not working as intended re cloak was the dmg bonus while cloaking still applied for a second or two after you popped out of cloak. I think the other problem was it wasn't properly penalized for recharge/weight.

#6217 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

I look forward to watching the extended cut videos on YouTube. As someone who hated parts of the ending I am hoping it at least sorts out some of the plot holes.

Plot Holes. (Spoilers Obviously) :roll:
Spoiler

I will be interested to see where they go with it.

#6218 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

That "interview" was so scripted it put politicians to shame. Carefully marginalizing the legitimate consistency complaints people had while coddling those that remained.

#6219 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

When 6/26 comes around.....

Posted Image

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#6220 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Looks like EMS requirements are going to be changed, but details are pretty vague.

Spoiler

I'm guessing they increased the amount of points you get from each mission and/or faction. Basically a 100% playthrough without multiplayer means all endings are possible now.

That's a good thing since I don't want to play the multiplayer before seeing this "enhanced ending" of theirs.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6221 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

When 6/26 comes around.....

Posted Image

lol :pray: (Bioware make that a possible ending.) ;)

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6222 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oh man, I'm so freaking excited for this! Since they identified where you need to start to experience the new content, it sounds like it will be sprinkled throughout the end segments, not just cinema's tacked onto the end. At least that's what I get from it. I need to watch the videos now, but I'm just way stoked for new content. Great stuff!

And DEATH TO MARAUDER SHIELDS!!!!

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#6223 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'm guessing they increased the amount of points you get from each mission and/or faction. Basically a 100% playthrough without multiplayer means all endings are possible now.

That's a good thing since I don't want to play the multiplayer before seeing this "enhanced ending" of theirs.

Makes me wonder if they'll recalculate the EMS settings after EC is installed.

On my #1 PT, I think I had an EMS up around in the low 7Ks before the 50% reduction for my readiness rating, with having done just about every side mission and hub mission, plus all the N7 missions. Worth checking out to see before installing EC, I think.

#6224 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

To the handful of guys on the board here, who I know are hardcore ME fans, but don't really care for MP....I suggest you give it a try and jump into 4 or 5 rounds of MP with a few of the guys from the board here. It'll dramatically and quickly increase your readiness after just a few rounds, you'll have a fun social time with some of the regular gang here and it may open you up to a new aspect of the ME universe. I was not looking forward to MP in my ME, and I'm not an MP guy at all, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's both because it's ME gameplay and almost even moreso because of the chit chat with decent folks like Simosaurus, Spybreaker and so on

I know I'll be on tonight for a few rounds, let me know if you'd like to jump into a game.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#6225 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

To the handful of guys on the board here, who I know are hardcore ME fans, but don't really care for MP....I suggest you give it a try and jump into 4 or 5 rounds of MP with a few of the guys from the board here. It'll dramatically and quickly increase your readiness after just a few rounds, you'll have a fun social time with some of the regular gang here and it may open you up to a new aspect of the ME universe. I was not looking forward to MP in my ME, and I'm not an MP guy at all, but I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's both because it's ME gameplay and almost even moreso because of the chit chat with decent folks like Simosaurus, Spybreaker and so on

I know I'll be on tonight for a few rounds, let me know if you'd like to jump into a game.

For me, it's not an issue with not wanting to do MP, which I did enjoy when they were beta-testing it, though it's the time commitment.

The only time I get a chance to use my 360 due to other time commitments I have is later evenings on Fri and Sat nights. I know that once you start doing MP and don't do it, you end up with decreasing GR percentages on a daily basis. I didn't want get into that trap where one day's worth of MP would get eroded by 6 days worth of non-gameplay.

#6226 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

I don't usually do MP, but I really did enjoy my time with it, just lame that they force you to do it to get any decent % of galactic readiness, it's good enough on its own that you didn't need to force it.

Now as to the ending, I have always maintained this is a horrible idea if for no other reason than it will please no one, it's just not possible. They fucked it up sure, but video games are filled with shit endings, move on people.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#6227 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'll prolly play some this weeked to help boost dat Readiness.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6228 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

Ah at last the extended cut. This is make or break for Bioware IMHO. While the ending might have pissed off many, the extended cut gives them one last chance to amend with the fanbase. Granted I'll probably still buy Bioware games regardless of the outcome I think many of my friends don't feel the same.

#6229 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

Gonna try and be optimistic that the EC will bring a satisfying ending to the series. I want answers based on the choices we made, so hopefully it provides that much at least.

I'll hit the MP this weekend as well to boost my readiness back up a little bit, GT is Cydoniac if you feel like adding me

#6230 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

i think the MP is fun just to play as all the different species. krogan vanguard, geth infiltrator, vorcha, turian, etc. it sucks unlocking them because that could take who knows how long, but you might get lucky and unlock a few right off the bat

#6231 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

I'm glad I managed to check this board. I probably would have missed out on the Extended Cut!

I'll certainly be on this weekend, if you all need help or want to play with a fellow CAG. GT is grizzlebo. I'm also going to try to complete the goals for this weekend, so I'll probably be one of the required classes for the squad goal.

#6232 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

does bioware know that the various Infiltrators have some seriously strong abilities and combos? and who doen't want to cloak? ppl like cloaking...and in a game where you're not getting sniped back, and you are the sniper? yeah...invisible finger of god wielder is very popular in games. 33% seems small esp since the Geth infiltrator is just so much fun and powerful.

I suppose since everyone else figured biotic combos were more efficient, that makes up the rest of the statistics.

the only thing I noticed broken or not working as intended re cloak was the dmg bonus while cloaking still applied for a second or two after you popped out of cloak. I think the other problem was it wasn't properly penalized for recharge/weight.

The deeply saddening thing for me is that BioWare decides to do things negatively.

So, they'll nerf TactCloak, rather than buff other classes to be in line with the Infiltrator.

Of course, whatever's easiest to do.
Fight for the Lost

#6233 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Yes I agree the MP was something I wasn't looking forward to in ME and again I agree that MP is largely enjoyable with relation to your group. I've had a few good random games but more than likely it'll be fun times with people you know. The highlight for me yesterday was heavy meleeing an Atlas as a Vorcha and then doing its quick side step to dodge the fist pound counter-attack every time. haha

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#6234 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

I'm wondering if XBL won't have any issues with speed come Tuesday with everyone trying to download the 1.9GB extended cut.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#6235 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm wondering if XBL won't have any issues with speed come Tuesday with everyone trying to download the 1.9GB extended cut.

I very highly doubt that.

#6236 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Fuck, is it seriously that big? That'll take me days to download here. :bomb:
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#6237 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Fuck, is it seriously that big? That'll take me days to download here. :bomb:

Man I feel yah, I used to struggle with that constantly. Then it wasn't the speed but how much I could download. I've also upgraded to a 320 GB HDD so yeah I will understand people's anguish with the 20GB model.

Edited by Spybreak8, 24 June 2012 - 07:47 PM.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#6238 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

Well, just played a few rounds of MP to boost my readiness back up a little. Its painful with the lower-class weapons that I had. Did get a Geth Engineer though so maybe I'll give it another shot if the EC doesnt suck

#6239 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Might play a few bronze and silver tonight just to grind some readiness or something. Down for legit gold games if anyone's around too. If you see me on, shoot me an invite!

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6240 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

The deeply saddening thing for me is that BioWare decides to do things negatively.

So, they'll nerf TactCloak, rather than buff other classes to be in line with the Infiltrator.

Of course, whatever's easiest to do.

did they say what they were going to do with cloaking? if it's literally fixing the perks that are not being used as original designed, CD, weight, dmg bonus after popping out of cloak etc...then it's not really a nerf imo just unfortunate.

I think buffing the other classes wouldn't be a better fix than adjusting a single skill...because for the most part we're winning. Buffing more classes would probably get us buffing the enemy down the road. The rebellion classes and wpns are uber, I don't think the cloak will suffer that much but I'm optimistic.

My Bat Sent is lvl 13? I got kicked from multiple parties in Bronze trying to do the challenge. I said into the mic...this is bronze, my combined N7 rating is greater than all of yours combined. I finally was able to do full extraction with the right mix. Getting booted from bronze...lol. It boggles the mind.