9660 replies to this topic

#6541 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

I'm playing my Renegade Femshep playthrough and I just got done with the
Spoiler

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6542 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'm not going to type out an in depth response but the extended endings did me no good. I do think the Synthesis and Control are fine for people that chose them.

The two applicable endings Destroy and
Spoiler
answered questions with the same answers that were implied previously. They managed to botch things even further too e.g.,
Spoiler
Maybe I'm misremembering but in the Destroy ending didn't
Spoiler

The only Shepard becoming a legend amongst the stars was great but now apparently the Mass Relays are easily repairable so the legend isn't so unfathomable now is it...and then I logically made my way into the
Spoiler
which had so much potential and then...I wanted throw the disc out the window.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6543 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

I'm not going to type out an in depth response but the extended endings did me no good. I do think the Synthesis and Control are fine for people that chose them.

The two applicable endings Destroy and

Spoiler
answered questions with the same answers that were implied previously. They managed to botch things even further too e.g.,
Spoiler
Maybe I'm misremembering but in the Destroy ending didn't
Spoiler

The only Shepard becoming a legend amongst the stars was great but now apparently the Mass Relays are easily repairable so the legend isn't so unfathomable now is it...and then I logically made my way into the
Spoiler
which had so much potential and then...I wanted throw the disc out the window.

Nope, about the destroy ending,
Spoiler

#6544 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I'm playing my Renegade Femshep playthrough and I just got done with the

Spoiler

Yeah, that might be one of my new favorite sequences in the ME trilogy. It's just really moving to see
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#6545 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, that might be one of my new favorite sequences in the ME trilogy. It's just really moving to see

Spoiler

Ha, speaking of old school ME1 music I was just so humming the Faunts song in the shower this morning. It's going to be a good day! :lol:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#6546 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Nope, about the destroy ending,

Spoiler

You're right which means I only like the
Spoiler
ending...in theory. Too bad Bioware did not actually put any effort into it.

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6547 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

The complaint about ME1 not being on the PS3 is a very pointless and unnecessary argument because of the sole fact that Microsoft helped BioWare make the first (and published). Why no one can understand this is WAY beyond me.

Pardon me but I understand the situation perfectly... now, and I question if you do. The complaint is valued. One of the major points of the series was your decisions mattered, that they carried forward and changed stuff not just in the current game but the rest of the trilogy... That's really hard to pull of when you don't release one of the games on a platform... and truth be told. it didn't matter what MS said, and, yes, I know that MS said no which was completely within their right and what I would have done too in their shoes but as you just mentioned they had Genesis to work with...

Your second point is more valid for the sheer fact that Genesis should've had more choices and less crappy art.

5 choices is not enough. Now it didn't need to be everyone in the game, that would be silly but with them only taking the trouble to do five I think its pretty safe to say they mail in their artist integrity for the money that the PS3 brought them.

Anyhow, ready to move on... Hopefully for those still willing to support them day 1 they've learned a lessons from all this... Not for their sakes... but for those willing to give them top notch money.

#6548 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Spoiler

I have to agree with that as one of the best sequences of the trilogy. As much as
Spoiler
. It was a very powerful image to see.

The bit with
Spoiler

#6549 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

I have to agree with that as one of the best sequences of the trilogy. As much as

Spoiler
. It was a very powerful image to see.

I did that on my Paragon playthrough. :cold:
Spoiler

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6550 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

I did that on my Paragon playthrough. :cold:

Spoiler

I couldn't do it on either Paragon or Renegade playthrough.
Spoiler

#6551 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

Even with Wrex in charge, a resurgent krogan is a giant gamble for all the other races. And I always played as a "Humanity First" kind of guy. :)

#6552 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Even with Wrex in charge, a resurgent krogan is a giant gamble for all the other races. And I always played as a "Humanity First" kind of guy. :)

That explains it. Damned xenophobes.

#6553 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Totally. Same reason I sent the rachni queen packing, there's no room for wildcards when humanity's future is at stake. Of course it's a lot easier when it's a big scary-looking bug rather than my main bros
Spoiler
:cry:

#6554 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Pardon me but I understand the situation perfectly... now, and I question if you do. The complaint is valued. One of the major points of the series was your decisions mattered, that they carried forward and changed stuff not just in the current game but the rest of the trilogy... That's really hard to pull of when you don't release one of the games on a platform... and truth be told. it didn't matter what MS said, and, yes, I know that MS said no which was completely within their right and what I would have done too in their shoes but as you just mentioned they had Genesis to work with...

Please re-read my post. I just wanted you to understand the fact that releasing ME1 on the PS3 WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. No matter how much anyone wished for it. Not with Microsoft's death grip on it (Yes, it would've made for a far greater understanding of the lore/story/decisions/etc., but it just wasn't going to happen).

But they "attempted" to alleviate this problem by releasing Genesis. Which was utter garbage (I have a 360 and I downloaded it hoping it would give me a VERY comprehensive list of choices) because it basically had, as you said, 5 choices. Save/kill the council, relationship, kill/save wrex, kill/save rachni, and save ashley/kaiden. I basically had to go back and replay ME1 all over again, just to get my perfect setup for ME3. Even after all they said, that it would fix the problem of not being able to release ME1 on the PS3. Genesis was wasted potential, just like ME3's ending before/after the Extended Cut. It should've had at least close to 100 decisions. Did you complete all the side missions? Did you save the colony on Feros? What did you do with Shiala? Did you...? The list goes on and on. And every decision should've had you answer it in a Paragon or Renegade way.

So yes, I understood your complaint. But you didn't understand my point. While I disagreed with you about ME1 (It should've happened, but it simply wasn't ever going to) for the PS3, their attempt to "fix" that tiny (haha, more like HUGE) problem was, at best, half-assed. At worst, it was a blatant slap in the face to PS3 players.

THAT was my point.
Fight for the Lost

#6555 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

This look interesting

http://www.sideshowt...e=Bioware&utm_m

#6556 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Get the new tracks from the Soundtrack of the EC.

#6557 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

I couldn't do it on either Paragon or Renegade playthrough.

Spoiler

I couldn't agree with the Salarian Counselor in either playthrough either. That was the one that I think I agonized over the most.
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6558 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

Edited by saunderscowie, 07 July 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6559 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

THAT was my point.

You're right I missed the point. Sorry for that.

As for Genesis... I think the 5 choices via comic was about right but their should have been an option at the end where you could have at least chosen all paragon/renegade instead of the stuff just not happening... Honestly, clicking check marks on a hundred or so choices wouldn't have been that bad if someone had wanted to do it badly enough. (They should have done a Genesis for ME3 too consider bow horrible the default choices were.)

Krogan Talk
Spoiler

#6560 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Since I bought Genesis, I was really expecting a lot of thought and time to have been put into it. It just wasn't.

I mean, I wanted to have helped out Tali, Wrex, and Garrus with their side missions. But when you meet Tali on Freedom's Progress in ME2, it's pretty apparent you'll have to play through all of ME1 again or just skip it.

I also wanted to have kept Shiala alive (I like her and wanted her as a LI in ME3) on Feros.

And I wanted my "perfect" playthrough :cry:

So I had to trudge through the misery of ME1. Just glad I had a save point right before recruiting Liara.
Fight for the Lost

#6561 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

Posted Image

Haha, sorta works.

#6562 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Posted Image

Totally would be funnier with the Turian Councilman. Possibly with air quotes photoshopped in for the hands.

Still funny though.
Posted Image

#6563 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

So I'm just returning to ME3 again after a four-month intermission following the birth of my twins. Although I wasn't playing games during that period, I obviously heard about all of the ending controversy. Nevertheless, I've managed to remain largely unspoiled.

My question is this: I'm currently completing the Rannoch missions. Would you advise playing through the original shitty ending, then DLing the EC and playing through that? Or just skip the original ending and just do the EC? I have that option, right?

#6564 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

My advice is to dl the EC and finish that way. If you can spare yourself the train wreck of the original endings, then the EC is the way to go

#6565 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

EC endings. Avoid the originals at ALL COSTS.
Fight for the Lost

#6566 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

I like this one too

Posted Image

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6567 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

So I'm just returning to ME3 again after a four-month intermission following the birth of my twins. Although I wasn't playing games during that period, I obviously heard about all of the ending controversy. Nevertheless, I've managed to remain largely unspoiled.

My question is this: I'm currently completing the Rannoch missions. Would you advise playing through the original shitty ending, then DLing the EC and playing through that? Or just skip the original ending and just do the EC? I have that option, right?

Congrats on your twins!! I was okay with the original ending, but I recommend going with the EC endings. They're really well done. Then go to YouTube after and look up the original endings. It would be an interesting perspective and one that most around here can't have because we saw the originals from the get go.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6568 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

I agree. See the EC then YouTube the originals. After that give your thoughts on what you think of them. It will be interesting to see what someone thinks of the originals after seeing the EC first.
Posted Image

#6569 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

I agree. See the EC then YouTube the originals. After that give your thoughts on what you think of them. It will be interesting to see what someone thinks of the originals after seeing the EC first.

Yeah I was thinking do you want to see the original endings first or second lol. I'm curious as to the perspective as well.

#6570 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Another reason to download EC is that they reduce the EMS needed to see all the endings, which you can get in single player if you do all the N7 missions, the hub missions and the side missions with points to spare.

On my current second playthrough, with the exception of
Spoiler
, I have a over 6900 TMS and with the 50% reduction due to no MP, I have more than the 3100 EMS needed to see/have all the endings.