Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9649 replies to this topic

#6571 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I see it as the difference between wanting to kill everyone at BioWare to just disappointed.

To be fair, neither of those are good options but hey, if you had to choose one, I'm sure it'd be disappointed.
Fight for the Lost

#6572 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

You don't really even need to compare the old ending to the new one on YouTube or anything. Just kick the power cord out of your console after you see the
Spoiler
, viola.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6573 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

You don't really even need to compare the old ending to the new one on YouTube or anything. Just kick the power cord out of your console after you see the

Spoiler
, viola.

New class-action lawsuit coming towards Bioware:

Pre-EC ending causes mass deaths to Xbox 360 systems due to pulled power plug at the end game.

#6574 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Which reminds me, now as I'm about to do the last mission in the game, I wanted to take recommendations for squadmates and weapon loadouts.

I'm playing an Adept and have had recent good success using a Locust and a Disciple as my weapon loadout. Seems to work well with the Locust (scope + magazine upgrade) for long range work and the Disciple (mag upgrade + smart choke) for close-in combat.

I've read that Cryo-based powers seem to be a good choice at the end because of crowd control, which would make me think Kaiden would be a good option. Besides that, not sure. Happy to take suggestions.

As soon as I'm done with the current playthrough (#2), I'll go back to playthrough #1, which is for my Vanguard. Same questions apply as well.

#6575 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Squad Cryo is beastly in ME3. As a soldier, with Garrus and James rocking the Particle Rifle with Cryo, the game just hands out free headshots. That may not be as important with an Adept though. I might bring Liara and Javik along to focus on maximizing biotic detonations.

#6576 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Guess I'll be on next week.

http://kotaku.com/59...-xbox-next-week

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6577 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

heck yeah.

i'm guessing an SMG that shoots high powered armor piercing sniper rounds w/no recoil.

#6578 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

heck yeah.

i'm guessing an SMG that shoots high powered armor piercing sniper rounds w/no recoil.

Exploding rounds, plz.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

#6579 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Heck yeah, cryo ammo and then concussive shot = ^^ (But that's for my Soldier (Assault Rifle/Pistol or Sniper)

For an Adept (SMG/Pistol) I'd use warp ammo, my bonus power, and the biotic explosion combo, with Liara in party of course, to really turn up the heat.
Since you'll be able to take on pretty much anything but shields I'd have Garrus or Eve too.

Vanguard (Shotgun/Pistol), cryo ammo and then charge which gives you cryo explosion combo! :D
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6580 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Anyone play a lot since they changed the way character cards drop? Any noticeable difference in getting weapons/gear you want?

#6581 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Ian: You're practically guaranteed to get exactly the character cards you need to finish your manifest. After that *poof* no more CC nightmares. It works as intended though in some ways Level VI Ammo is now on trolling duty.

On top of the Earth DLC date the Prothean Particle Rifle is apparently now in rotation for MP. It's of course a troll sponsored Ultra Rare which means it's either Harrier good or Indra horrible. No confirmation whether the change is live yet, but I'm going to run some Gold tonight to see if I can get one before stacking up for next week.

Oh, and this week's event:
Spoiler

The only reason I'm interested is because of DAT MEDI-GEL CAPACITY.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#6582 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Squad Cryo is beastly in ME3. As a soldier, with Garrus and James rocking the Particle Rifle with Cryo, the game just hands out free headshots. That may not be as important with an Adept though. I might bring Liara and Javik along to focus on maximizing biotic detonations.

I've also heard that the Falcon + Cryo ammo or + Incendiary ammo also works quite well for crowd control.

Liara + Javik + Adept did lots of biotic explosions on Thessia and seemed to work well. My default squadmates were Garrus for sniper + AR usage + Overload + Concussive Shot and Liara for Singularity + Warp + Stasis + Warp Ammo.

Heck yeah, cryo ammo and then concussive shot = ^^ (But that's for my Soldier (Assault Rifle/Pistol or Sniper)

For an Adept (SMG/Pistol) I'd use warp ammo, my bonus power, and the biotic explosion combo, with Liara in party of course, to really turn up the heat.
Since you'll be able to take on pretty much anything but shields I'd have Garrus or EDI too.

Vanguard (Shotgun/Pistol), cryo ammo and then charge which gives you cryo explosion combo! :D

I've been using Warp Ammo as my bonus power as an Adept for most of the game, save when I've been running into geth and switched to Energy Drain.

#6583 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

medi gel cap to 6?

that sounds like a horrible reward...only because if you had to use 5 medi gels already, you or your squad is already fail. what if ppl dont already have it maxed to 5? do they get +1?

I'm down for reaper gold no doubt, doing the event, but I gotta say I'm not all that excited about more medi gel. ppl horde their eq already as is...I hope this doesnt mark +6 capacity to all equipment as allied bonus rewards down the road. (next 6-8 weeks or so)

#6584 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

I think it's a cool kind of reward, at any rate. Something specific and guaranteed to be usable, at least.

I'm just stoked for some Reapers/Gold. We all need to actually play again instead of just talking about it.

Also, Shrike. It sounds like that squad has all of your bases covered pretty well, especially if you're rocking Energy Drain on top of it. You could probably swap Liara with Javik for similar results if you ever get tired of her tentacles, but I honestly never saw much reason to not just use Garrus/Liara for the entire game.

#6585 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

meh.

you know what's going to happen, we'll be dead on wave "_" and say im not going to medi gel because we're clearly not going to make the money wave...and our 2 fail squadmates will medi gel 6 times each...prolonging our pain and sufferring.

cant do much else but take what they give us in the event we actually fullfill the requirement.

I'm stoked for reaper gold too, I predict a lot of biotic combos like the 4th of july display in San Diego.

#6586 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Also, Shrike. It sounds like that squad has all of your bases covered pretty well, especially if you're rocking Energy Drain on top of it. You could probably swap Liara with Javik for similar results if you ever get tired of her tentacles, but I honestly never saw much reason to not just use Garrus/Liara for the entire game.

I used Tali on the Rannoch missions for obvious reasons, usually Garrus + Tali or EDI + Tali, otherwise not. I used Javik in a couple of mission in place of Liara, used him with Liara on Thessia, and used James a couple of times. Never really used Ashley/Kaiden except for many one random mission.

#6587 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I used Tali on the Rannoch missions for obvious reasons, usually Garrus + Tali or EDI + Tali, otherwise not. I used Javik in a couple of mission in place of Liara, used him with Liara on Thessia, and used James a couple of times. Never really used Ashley/Kaiden except for many one random mission.

Yeah, the only time I found James useful was in tanking for me on Insanity. He was, however, extremely useful in said circumstance. I eventually just started picking different squadmates hoping for good dialog.

Ashley is literally a waste of a slot.

#6588 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Ashley is literally a waste of a slot.

Ba dum *tsssss*

#6589 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

jigga wha? Ashley/Tali was awesome dialogue...Ashley's slot is only a waste if you let it be. (oh..Oh, you know what i'm talkin bout)

#6590 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lol nice 6 spare ammo abilities that I'll never use to look forward to in the future.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6591 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Lol nice 6 spare ammo abilities that I'll never use to look forward to in the future.

remember, ammo = full replendished grenades.

#6592 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

remember, ammo = full replendished grenades.

Which my Drell Adept gets a huge, humid boner for.

#6593 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Looks like the Leviathan DLC that was previously spotted inside the guts of the EC code may actually be legit and confirmed (spoilers):

http://www.joystiq.c...by-voice-actor/
http://www.eurogamer...-by-voice-actor

Bioware is supposed to talk about this DLC at their panel on Saturday during SDCC.

#6594 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

I don't think there was ever any doubt that it was real. The EC files contained practically a full subtitle script for it.

#6595 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

I don't think there was ever any doubt that it was real. The EC files contained practically a full subtitle script for it.

It wasn't confirmed as such yet, though since this is a voice actor who's talking about it, I'd take that as a pretty solid confirmation.

Odd thing is the timing of when it would occur, since obviously the end of ME3 is the end, unlike ME2 where you could do post-game items after the endgame.

#6596 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'd imagine it'll be like the Javik DLC, where you can begin the mission from any save post-Mars and pre-Cronos Station.

If someone only has saves on
Spoiler
, they'll just have to beat the game again and let it kick them back out to pre-Cronos Station.

#6597 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Looking forward to it. Hoping for some Shadow Broker scale shit. Probably not, but still hoping.

#6598 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'd imagine it'll be like the Javik DLC, where you can begin the mission from any save post-Mars and pre-Cronos Station.

If someone only has saves on

Spoiler
, they'll just have to beat the game again and let it kick them back out to pre-Cronos Station.

I guess I might want to wait before going back to playthrough #1 (my Sheploo Paragon Vanguard) after finishing up #2, which is at the end.

If I end up replaying Cronos Station on #2, the only thing that will give me fits is
Spoiler

Looking forward to it. Hoping for some Shadow Broker scale shit. Probably not, but still hoping.

Would be nice, though as it sounded like they had all hands on deck working on EC, it might not be as epic. Hopefully good, regardless.

#6599 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Kai Leng... the only time I've wanted to punch Troy Baker.

#6600 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Kai Leng... the only time I've wanted to punch Troy Baker.

I find it's much easier if you believe that he was expertly written and acted to evoke said feelings.