Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9626 replies to this topic

#7051 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Did the operation challenge earlier tonight with some randoms on Bronze with my N7 Demolisher. Been a while since I played the MP, any good Gold farming strategies out there still?

#7052 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:48 AM

That statue is crap, i still prefer my original.

Posted Image

i'll have to get a pic of my SR1 wood model, theres only about 70 known to exist now. The new stuff seems so "deep rich vibrant machine cranked out" done, little art.

Yeah, please post pics of your SR1! I'd love to see that and hear a little about how you came across that. I still like that original statue, as well. I almost had one for <$100 about two years ago, but it slipped past me. As far as ME collectibles go, my favorite is still the ME1 CE.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7053 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

long story short, www.myasianart.com started making ship replicas and moved into sci fi ships and gaming. They are based in the Phillipines and custom made each one to test the demand for the line. They got a license from Bioware International to do the SR1. Before they could go to market they were pulled from production as ME2 was in the works and the ship was changing style. The contract was sent to the Dark Horse teams to go with the comics and move production to mass assembly. Since few were actually made, and since they could not use the full SR1 model under penalty, they took the underside cockpit "fins" off, painted it the creme and grey, and shipped them through their eBay store.

When i found one from a collector i suspected it was one of the later release SR2 colored ones like this

Posted Image

but it is not, it was one of the original production line grey ones, with no fins, and the proper markings. not the new "fan made" versions they have to sell now. I made a few emails and calls til i got ahold of a sales and marketing guy for their site and was eventually given most of the above story and was informed that the closest number of the originals that even made it through production was 100, most of them staying in country or close by due to shipping and sales cost ($180 - $225 each). From what he could gather, he guessed no more than 25 in the states, and many went home with employees, were repainted and reused, or scrapped.

for the games, i think the Russian Steelbook or black label Japanese one are my fave, the steelbook uses the same art but man that gold case blazes like the sun and it truly is a stunner. For Rarity though, the Promo copy from the Australian journalist is awesome, and i love the white discs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#7054 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Posted Image

Man, that artwork is way nicer than the American version. Damn.
Posted Image

#7055 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

i like it too, it just blends better, however i miss Garrus standing there like a Boss.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7056 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Man, that artwork is way nicer than the American version. Damn.

reminds me of the movie enemy mine...

my friend is going to japan for a few, is there anything I should tell him to look out for? I get about a shoe box size of space worth of stuff.

#7057 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

Lol watched a youtube video of a guy deleting all but the DLC that he wants to unlock. Yeah I guess you could do it that way but after a few matches and 3 PSPs for me I got another N7, the Krogan Vanguard and the Piranha. Man that thing chews up Brutes, accompanied by Carnage as well.^^

It's hilarious when you can strip the Phantom down to just health and pull her cloaked body in the air, then shoot and kill and see her imaginary corpse fall to the ground. Like a boss!

Yeah nice, thanks for sharing the ship statue story, that would make sense why they're so crappy.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7058 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

There hasn't been much talk about it but the Homeworlds run of ME comics is really good. I got the Tali and agarrus issues for $2 each, which is half off. The Garrus one, especially, is great for long time fans. Great stuff and it really adds to the characters.

Also, is it just me or is ME3 MP starting to get overrun by potty mouth douchebags? In months past, it seemed like a bastion away from the stereotypical, asswipe, "I only play CoD and pown newbs", juvenile "gamers". Don't get me wrong, I can and do swear like a pissed off sailor and salty language doesn't bother me, but it seems that I can't get into a gold lobby without either getting turned off because somebody sounds like they're dry-humping a couch pillow (and describing it) or I'm getting kicked because I don't have the load-out that someone else wants. I'm not the best player in the world, but I can hold my own pretty damn well. This shit's getting old. I think I may have to take a break from ME3 MP and just dig into something else.

Edited by chubbyninja1319, 12 August 2012 - 04:55 AM.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7059 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

There hasn't been much talk about it but the Homeworlds run of ME comics is really good. I got the Tali and agarrus issues for $2 each, which is half off. The Garrus one, especially, is great for long time fans. Great stuff and it really adds to the characters.

Also, is it just me or is ME3 MP starting to get overrun by potty mouth douchebags? In months past, it seemed like a bastion away from the stereotypical, asswipe, "I only play CoD and pown newbs", juvenile "gamers". Don't get me wrong, I can and do swear like a pissed off sailor and salty language doesn't bother me, but it seems that I can't get into a gold lobby without either getting turned off because somebody sounds like they're dry-humping a couch pillow (and describing it) or I'm getting kicked because I don't have the load-out that someone else wants. I'm not the best player in the world, but I can hold my own pretty damn well. This shit's getting old. I think I may have to take a break from ME3 MP and just dig into something else.

its the ones that want to prove they are the best. they play the higher difficulties to be a badass in their eyes, and most of them are no or half talent losers that ride the real players backs to victory then gloat about it. They are in every game, but ME3 has been clear of a lot of it. If I do get one, if they say anything to me directly or are really laying on the douchebag ill say something or leave after the game. I got a few games i am rotating out now because there is too much or a good thing and you do not want to spoil it for ya.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7060 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

on a side note, i went and saw the new Total Recall last night. Man, the art designers had a hard on for Blade Runner and Mass Effect. Anyone that has seen it notice the many similarities in art style from the synthetic cops, to the wardrobes, set pieces, and did anyone notice in the Rekall shop when they are hooking him up and punching info into their omni tool looking computers, there are a series of letters and numbers on the display and low and behold, right in the middle is a big ol N7. i chuckled a bit but thought to myself, man a Mass Effect movie could be done well visually, and that made my inner geek smile.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7061 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Simosaurus and I noticed how much the enemy soldiers in Total Recall seemed to resemble Cerberus troops. Looks like a decent movie, but that N7 thing is pretty great.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7062 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

they actually look a ton like the mech units in ME2 to a scary degree when you see them in motion. there are a lot of visuals and even some building design with a Mass Effect feel to them. The Colony is totally ripped from the super cities of Blade Runner, yet a lot of the weapons used were current day weapons (albeit more of the futuristic looking ones). The cars resemble a lot of design from the air cars in ME as well. There are a lot of nods to the original Recall and i went in hearing a lot of the meh reviews but i actually thought it was quite good with a much smarter dialogue and incorporation of the effects to where they didn't seem out of place for the settings. Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale never hurt a flim either.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7063 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yeah oh man have I started getting whinny douchebags in games now. I think it's when you cross a threshold of hardcore player, (your N7 rating pairs you up with the people that are super serious or have no life). Granted I have no life either but I go to work and play other games. ;)

Oh and that N7 reference is badass!

Also from Mass Effect's Facebok page, we're falling behind!

Mass Effect
Operation: OLYMPUS status report - These numbers are through Saturday. We're falling behind, but there's still time to push toward the finish line! To arms, soldiers!

A) The objective has been met 72,272 times in bronze (36% of the way to goal)
B) The objective has been met 55,463 times in silver (31.7% of the way to goal)
C) The objective has been met 21,742 times in gold (31.1% of the way to goal)

Well at least I'll get my individual reward and I'm loving the Krogan Vanguard and N7 Demolisher (haha sooo many grenades!).
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7064 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, I greatly doubt the Operation will be successful. 1/3 of the way there for all three difficulties by the 2nd day? Not going to happen.

Also, I think RNG is really killing this game. Maybe it's just me, but it sure feels that way nowadays. I guess it's just because I'm not really working towards anything in the game. There's no ultimate reward. No "carrot on the stick", so to speak. For BioWare, it's the acquisition of Ultra Rares. And even if I do suddenly max out all the URs (or at least the URs I want), what then? Ooh, look how powerful it is. Beyond that, what do I look forward to? The next MP DLC? With yet another UR to max? Grinding for URs, which you may get in 1 PSP or 1000 PSPs, can only take the MP so far. I really do think BioWare needs to seriously consider putting in an UR pack that costs like 1,000,000 credits. Or something like that. I'm just tossing it out there as an example. Point is, there needs to be an "greater goal" for people to work towards. And I'm not sure the acquisition of URs is cutting it.

I just wanted to get that out there. /rantover

Edited by dualedge2, 12 August 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Fight for the Lost

#7065 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, I greatly doubt the Operation will be successful. 1/3 of the way there for all three difficulties by the 2nd day? Not going to happen.

Also, I think RNG is really killing this game. Maybe it's just me, but it sure feels that way nowadays. I guess it's just because I'm not really working towards anything in the game. There's no ultimate reward. No "carrot on the stick", so to speak. For BioWare, it's the acquisition of Ultra Rares. And even if I do suddenly max out all the URs (or at least the URs I want), what then? Ooh, look how powerful it is. Beyond that, what do I look forward to? The next MP DLC? With yet another UR to max? Grinding for URs, which you may get in 1 PSP or 1000 PSPs, can only take the MP so far. I really do think BioWare needs to seriously consider putting in an UR pack that costs like 1,000,000 credits. Or something like that. I'm just tossing it out there as an example. Point is, there needs to be an "greater goal" for people to work towards. And I'm not sure the acquisition of URs is cutting it.

I just wanted to get that out there. /rantover

I hear ya dude, i have not gotten a single upgrade or new UR in about 60 packs SERIOUSLY. my 5 over the last couple play sessions have netted me nothing but gear and ammo 4's. However on the other point, i just love playing ME. I am a giant ME nerd. It is my security blanket of games and using all the different builds, class combos, weapon tweaks, etc keeps me coming back and happy just to play and push myself to try harder and new tactics every time i play it. if i get paired with douches i ignore them and outscore them, i talk with my game and skills and let them suck it to the next lobby where their epeen may mean something to someone there.

I am actually surprised on the mission status i thought wed be farther than that along and with this much time left highly doubt itll make it at all. I wanna see a platinum challenge.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7066 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Well, as long as we keep failing challenges, I doubt we'll see a Platinum challenge anytime soon.
Fight for the Lost

#7067 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Yeah I think if they did something like what DICE is doing with Battlefield, having specific objectives to get rewards (ie 45 assault rifle kills, 10 melee kills yields UR) than it would give you a good long term goal. Call them N7 assignments.

#7068 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I can't deny that playing ME3 MP is crazy fun....still is very very entertaining, especially with buddies. BUT, there are so many cool things they could do to take it to the next level, and maybe they're holding those for another game....who knows. DualEdge hit it right on...there's nothing to work towards besides unlocking and upgrading characters and weapons. That's fine and all, but it's not that engaging for me and I'm starting to find playing online becoming less interesting. The Fuck sacks that seem to be infiltrating our beloved haven of civility (i.e. the ME community) just make me want to pack it up even more.

What Spy suggested is a great start, for individual rewards. And, I keep going back to how Gears 3 used fortifications and how perfect that could be for ME3. I'd think that after this operation fails simply because people weren't playing that much.....that has to send Bioware the message that the audience is moving on. Once September comes, with Borderlands 2, then Oct/Nov with the other big titles, it's over for ME3 MP.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7069 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

The worst thing is that BioWare and DICE are owned by EA. Asking them for suggestions/advice would be extremely easy. And yet, BioWare has shown no inclination to do anything like that.
Fight for the Lost

#7070 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Another way to do it is letting people buy what they want with credits. There could be a major premium in cost, but you'd be sure to get what you want instead of relying on RNG.
Posted Image

#7071 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

yeah ive thought about that since i started.. i am currently sitting on about 200 medi gel, 180 ammo packs, 170 missles, and... 47 health/shield recharges. Not because i use them any more or less... i just don't get very many. i played with 2 buds tonight, we played silver, and i was trying to level my infiltrators. they are still very new to the mechanics and their equipment is moderate. we got to wave 10 and they were both down very shortly. I was using my N& Shadow and had (of course) indoctrination devices. I tell you what, taking a level 14 Infil and trying to stave off, sneak, and run my ass through 3 Primes plus entourage while hitting the marks then finishing the wave solo... was quite a rush. This is why I play, any game for that matter, is fighting and outsmarting your way to the goal even when everyone says we're screwed. Every game i play on ME3 MP has that potential and is what keeps me coming back.

But i will be playing the SHIT out of Borderlands 2 lol.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7072 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

How's it going CAG members? It has been a LONG time since I have visited the site and just viewing some of the post in this topic I can see more than a few of you seem to play a lot of games with randoms. If any of you are interested in joining a group from the Bioware Social Network that does Gold and Platinum speed runs as well as just random fun games (search "Too Hot To Handle" for a Vorcha run on Gold/Reapers/Glacier using only Flamer), feel free to send me a pm on here (though I don't often check it) or a message on Xbox Live.

My gamertag is the same as my username on here, please only a message and tell me where you are from since I get a fair amount of messages as the group has about 150 members. The group currently has the record for fastest Gold and Platinum speed runs (9:57 on Gold, 10:09 on Platinum). I am also happy to play with you as well though I am often in games, I do try to avoid Geth games at least on Gold due to feeling they are annoying with stunlocks. Hope to hear from some of you!

#7073 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have so many god damn special ops because every time I hit the right d-pad nothing happens or I get out my missile launcher! :wall:

Got the London objective done, man holy crap the extraction on that map is nuts. So many Banshees, each team had to use up 2 or 3 missiles at the end (possibly more than usual to secure the weekend op) lol.

Edited by Spybreak8, 13 August 2012 - 02:29 PM.
London map, my least fav new MP map

#7074 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I can't deny that playing ME3 MP is crazy fun....still is very very entertaining, especially with buddies. BUT, there are so many cool things they could do to take it to the next level, and maybe they're holding those for another game....who knows. DualEdge hit it right on...there's nothing to work towards besides unlocking and upgrading characters and weapons. That's fine and all, but it's not that engaging for me and I'm starting to find playing online becoming less interesting. The Fuck sacks that seem to be infiltrating our beloved haven of civility (i.e. the ME community) just make me want to pack it up even more.

What Spy suggested is a great start, for individual rewards. And, I keep going back to how Gears 3 used fortifications and how perfect that could be for ME3. I'd think that after this operation fails simply because people weren't playing that much.....that has to send Bioware the message that the audience is moving on. Once September comes, with Borderlands 2, then Oct/Nov with the other big titles, it's over for ME3 MP.

if they were smart they'd just make a new game using ME3 MP as a base and just upping all the graphics, gameplay etc. This is probably why they aren't investing too much time into making the game better vs. just adding to an already great game mode.

unlocking new stuff is the same as treasure hunting in action RPG's basically. look at the draw w/Reach. ppl idle boosted so they could rank up just for new pieces of armor to dress up their barbie spartans w/.

#7075 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have so many god damn special ops because every time I hit the right d-pad nothing happens or I get out my missile launcher! :wall:

Got the London objective done, man holy crap the extraction on that map is nuts. So many Banshees, each team had to use up 2 or 3 missiles at the end (possibly more than usual to secure the weekend op) lol.

dude i said that too, they seemed to flood the right spawn point by the crate BIG TIME yesterday. My buds and I were commenting on the pile of Cannibals that kept stopping to munch their buds. We went through Bronze and there were like 30 of them, and we got 4 brutes and 2 banshees on one wave... the numbers are weird lately.

Slimjim, are you teamed up with Jumpin and Lacosta? i see they got their site running and last i heard had a just over 9:30 platinum run.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7076 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

heres the vid in questions

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7077 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

another Paladin side note i don't know if everyone knows is common knowledge and i have not seen ti mentioned here yet. Your melee starts at Krogan strength, and when you heavy melee to slam down your shield, it does a short range area damage of heavy melee power, which you can then immediately slap them with the shield melee for another great damage attack, if you get used to slamming them slapping, you not only block anything they toss at you up close, including melee, but then get a double fast melee in for much more damage.

PS slapping things off ledges never gets old. I outfitted with a Viper Rifle to give him more long range power and with Pirahna, think i have found a happy balance that makes me effective at all ranges. I left off the level 6 Paladin training and put 3 ranks into incinerate so i can have another tool to hit and knock corner hiders out from their hole and add that extra ability to function at range. I think i finally found a build and set up that really fits him and my playstyle. He is now up to my favorite Sentinel role besides the Krogan with grenade spam.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7078 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

Not with Jumpin and I have yet to see a video from them for a Platinum speed run. Not calling you a liar, I just haven't seen one at all. I play with a group called Team AreleX, I will see about getting the speed run video linked like someone else so kindly did for the "Too Hot To Handle" video.

Edit: Here it is.

#7079 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

More than five months after Mass Effect 3 was released, only 42 per cent of players have completed the game.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7080 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

More than five months after Mass Effect 3 was released, only 42 per cent of players have completed the game.

I guess the pre-EC ending must have driven a number of those people off.