• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#7261 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Spoiler

ME3 Insanity is waaay easier than ME2 Insanity. Not even close.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7262 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Eh. Both those bosses rubbed me the wrong way.
Spoiler

Posted Image

#7263 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

Vasir is a cakewalk on any difficulty if you use Stasis. Hit her with it, unload on her when it wears off and she's getting up, and then Stasis her again. Hit the drones she summons with Stasis, too, and they'll blow up after it wears off. Rinse and repeat.

#7264 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

LotSB on Hardcore was a lot of fun. I haven't gotten that far in an Insanity run to comment.

The Leviathan achievements are up. Nothing too crazy from the descriptions, but another 125 gamerscore.
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7265 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

LotSB on Hardcore was a lot of fun. I haven't gotten that far in an Insanity run to comment.

The Leviathan achievements are up. Nothing too crazy from the descriptions, but another 125 gamerscore.

Spoiler

Pssst.

You might want to look at this earlier post. ;)

Leviathan achievements:

- No Stone Unturned (25 GS): Investigate a sinister conspiracy.
- Under Pressure (50 GS): Uncover an ancient secret.
- Conspiracy Theorist (25 GS): Use clues to pinpoint the exact location of an objective.
- Family Matters (25 GS): Rescue a civilian from Reaper forces

No difficulty-specific achievement. It kind of seems like they're all unmissable story milestones.

#7266 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

are a lot of you planning on buying Leviathan tomorrow? I think I might wait for
Spoiler

#7267 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

are a lot of you planning on buying Leviathan tomorrow? I think I might wait for

Spoiler

I'm definitely picking it up tomorrow, probably the weapons pack too just for kicks.

I'm not too concerned about how (or whether) it affects the ending. The ending is what it is. I just hope the new mission itself is fun.

#7268 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

I will pick Leviathan because I am hoping it is of LotSB quality. I really could not care less about how it may or may not affect the ending. I suppose they could have put something mind-blowing in there, but I don't see that as very likely.

#7269 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm definitely picking it up tomorrow, probably the weapons pack too just for kicks.

I'm not too concerned about how (or whether) it affects the ending. The ending is what it is. I just hope the new mission itself is fun.

This. Exactly this. I can't wait for Leviathan and I thought about getting the weapon pack for the Reager alone.

And sorry I reposted the achievements, I missed that on the previous page. My bad.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7270 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

i might wait to get it until i do another playthrough, if i can resist.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#7271 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

Vasir is a cakewalk on any difficulty if you use Stasis. Hit her with it, unload on her when it wears off and she's getting up, and then Stasis her again. Hit the drones she summons with Stasis, too, and they'll blow up after it wears off. Rinse and repeat.

Yea, I used Stasis on her when I realized she topples over for a short while after being hit with it. After she fell, I ran up and unloaded the Revenant in her head.

Also, if you could Stasis her while she was on the edge of the building, she'd fall and the next phase would start. Or, if she was near death, she'd die. It was honestly really easy. I think it would've been more fun doing it as a Vanguard, just Biotic Charging after each other all over the place.
Fight for the Lost

#7272 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

This. Exactly this. I can't wait for Leviathan and I thought about getting the weapon pack for the Reager alone.

And sorry I reposted the achievements, I missed that on the previous page. My bad.

Get it for the Harrier, Reegar, and Adas. All are very good guns in SP.
Fight for the Lost

#7273 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Good to know, Edge. I downloaded it last night. I hopped online this morning hoping I could queue up Leviathan, but it's not up yet.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7274 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

It's available now, I just queued up the download on live.xbox.com.

#7275 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't see me beating the game again after playing through Leviathan; I'm just looking forward to the mission itself. I'm not expecting much more than a few new lines of dialog and MAYBE a pre-rendered cutscene of your new buddy flying into the fight or something. Not holding my breath for the latter though.

If anyone plays through and beats it before I'm outta work, let us know what you think! Fingers crossed for being good.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7276 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Yea, I used Stasis on her when I realized she topples over for a short while after being hit with it. After she fell, I ran up and unloaded the Revenant in her head.

Also, if you could Stasis her while she was on the edge of the building, she'd fall and the next phase would start. Or, if she was near death, she'd die. It was honestly really easy. I think it would've been more fun doing it as a Vanguard, just Biotic Charging after each other all over the place.

I did LoTSB with an Adept and a Vanguard, with the Vanguard first.

It was much more fun and edge-of-the-seat to do the repeat-rinse of the charge and attack in time to what she was doing.

The Adept, it was Stasis + unload with weapons when she comes out of stasis like you did above.

#7277 Anchorhead

Anchorhead

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

How do my fellow CAGs like the new dlc? As a once die-hard Mass Effect fan, should I pick this up?

Good+Munchies.png

#7278 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Looks like Alloy was successful. Enjoy those extra medigels, people.

-----------------------

Re: Operation ALLOY
Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME
Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is now common knowledge that Operation ALLOY did not go strictly as planned. Sweeps in what should have been relatively low-risk areas were met with heavy enemy resistance. Fortunately, reports from the field indicate that our troops persevered and were able to strike back. I’ve already been informed of a number of well-deserved promotions. In light of these reports, Operation ALLOY has been deemed a success.

Over the next few days you’ll likely hear many stories about our talented new recruits. I would also like to congratulate the experienced soldiers who fought alongside them. It is under your guidance and leadership that these new recruits excelled. They are now prepared to join our forces on the front lines, and we are all stronger for it.

While we celebrate Operation ALLOY’s success, we need to be aware that the unexpected resistance faced by our soldiers may be symptomatic of a larger issue. We’ve been receiving a number of strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement. At this point, intel is vague at best. Rest assured we are pursuing the matter.

--Admiral Hackett

Congratulations, Alloy was a big success. For those interested in numbers:
PC: 67,573
PS3: 28,398
XBox: 166,778

TOTAL: 262,749!

Reward packs will be granted starting later today.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

#7279 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

cool. i actually didnt have 2 lvl 20's to promote...I tried to grind my 16 and 18 to 20. couldn't do it. randoms were unbearable...and there's always that one asari who wants to go commando, never revives you but will use all the medi gel in the world to try and solo every failed wave.

#7280 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

cool. i actually didnt have 2 lvl 20's to promote...I tried to grind my 16 and 18 to 20. couldn't do it. randoms were unbearable...and there's always that one asari who wants to go commando, never revives you but will use all the medi gel in the world to try and solo every failed wave.

I ended up finally promoting. I miss the 180 of Solidarity next to my name, but it was for the greater good. I feel you on those randoms, though. Nothing like a level 5 Destroyer running on around on Gold activating nodes on a team of three infiltrators who won't move.

#7281 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Picked up the DLC today but hadnt played it yet. Still working...

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#7282 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Some achievement notes I've gleaned today. (No story spoilers since I don't want to know too much either, but some people may have a wider definition of spoiler than I do. :) )

Spoiler

#7283 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

just promote and like it, i made it back to 17 in 2 hours, c'mon man, its Commander Shepard here we are talking about, and it IS the fate of the galaxy, you know nothing big. PLUS its fun making all the level 20's cry and kick you when you outscore them as a level 1... least I enjoy it.

Nah I'm not going to promote my characters, the N7 rating was fun but I'm good. I also don't want to set all my characters in that class back, I'll promote when I can put a few characters down to level 1, not all. Also I don't see much incentive for the single player because I already do everything I needed to do to get a sufficient ending. Plus I'm not too caught up in the packs anymore either.

Leviathon might pull me back in but I foresee not today, maybe this weekend.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7284 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Some achievement notes I've gleaned today. (No story spoilers since I don't want to know too much either, but some people may have a wider definition of spoiler than I do. :) )

Spoiler

Thanks for the heads up, man. Might have to live in the gray area instead of total renegade for at least one of em.

Also, balance changes are up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 28, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold and Platinum Difficulties
- Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 90% to 75%, which means
25% of the remaining weapon damage will pass through to health.

Medigel maximum capacity increased from 5 to 6 due to the success of Operation Alloy

Falcon Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.75-1]

Geth Pulse Rifle
- Damage increased from [24.1-30.1] to [27.4-34.2]

Hawk Missile Launcher Power
- Rank 3 damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
- Evolve 1 shield penalty reduction increased from 15% to 25%
- Evolve 2 damage bonus increased from 30% to 40%
- Evolve 3 missile refire time reduction increased from 25% to 35%
- Evolve 5 damage of split missiles increased from 50% to 75%
- Evolve 6 damage bonus increased from 100% to 150%

I've been using Missile Launcher on my Destroyer build and actually don't hate it. Eager to see how it feels after the update.

#7285 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

I don't think the problem was ever about people hating it. Just that there were better things to spend your points.

After the buff, I might give it a shot, especially since I promoted my Soldier class.
Fight for the Lost

#7286 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

I don't think the problem was ever about people hating it. Just that there were better things to spend your points.

After the buff, I might give it a shot, especially since I promoted my Soldier class.

Yeah, it may have cooled at some point, but week one people were shitting all over it. It's kinda handy once you start picking up the sound cues it drops to let you know when it's ready. It's helped me out by auto-staggering Hunters and other enemies a bunch of times already. Be lying if I said I didn't miss my extra shields though.

#7287 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

after promoting my Destroyer i decided to go with an ALL offense build with him Iron Man style and i tell you what, i have found a new home for my Striker X (even over my harrier), with clip increase, Rate of Fire increase, accuracy increase, clip increase and recoil reduction on the gun, and full destroyer mode and Battle Armor weapon damage training.. this thing is a 26 round clipped apocalypse of area damage madness. putting in warfigher V for the extra nades and 10% AR damage, this thing gets 67.5% more damage, shoots 95% more accurately, 35% faster, and blows up EVERYTHING. Adding in the missles, now more powerful, he is a walking shitstorm.

so far lovin it from the more tanky lots-o-nades build.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#7288 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Haven't played this game since it and I "broke up" in June. OK, I want to finish my Insanity run, and a new single player DLC has me itching to try. Never played the Earth expansion either. OK, load up. Spend the extra $2 for the weapons pack hoping they will make Insanity a breeze. Go to the Citadel and into the weapon testing room.......console locks up. No response from anything.

Fuck you Mass Effect 3.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#7289 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Leviathan gets two thumbs up from me. Dug it a good bit. Cool story beats and some sweet new scenery. There's some pretty obvious padding, but I found it easily forgivable. Haven't re-beat the game, so I can't speak to that effect.

It would seem based on my playthrough that only Conspiracy Theorist is a missable achievement, for what it's worth. Interested for others to weigh in.

Also, after playing so much multiplayer, the single player is even easier than it was before.

Edited by ActionKazimer, 29 August 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#7290 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Gonna download Leviathan tonight, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play it. One major plus I've heard is that the missions have full squad banter and interaction, which was always a major gripe with ME2's DLCs. Looking forward to that the most.