Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#7291 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

after promoting my Destroyer i decided to go with an ALL offense build with him Iron Man style and i tell you what, i have found a new home for my Striker X (even over my harrier), with clip increase, Rate of Fire increase, accuracy increase, clip increase and recoil reduction on the gun, and full destroyer mode and Battle Armor weapon damage training.. this thing is a 26 round clipped apocalypse of area damage madness. putting in warfigher V for the extra nades and 10% AR damage, this thing gets 67.5% more damage, shoots 95% more accurately, 35% faster, and blows up EVERYTHING. Adding in the missles, now more powerful, he is a walking shitstorm.

so far lovin it from the more tanky lots-o-nades build.

Yeah, Striker is an underrated gun. I imagine with destroyer mode it's particularly nasty because you don't have to use the stability mod on it. Only problem is when you use it off host and the grenades disappear because of lag. That's got me killed more than a few times.
Posted Image

#7292 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

Gonna download Leviathan tonight, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to play it. One major plus I've heard is that the missions have full squad banter and interaction, which was always a major gripe with ME2's DLCs. Looking forward to that the most.

I youtubed the ending to it and noticed squad banter for sure, definite plus there. Will I buy it myself? Not sure yet...

Spoiler

#7293 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

I youtubed the ending to it and noticed squad banter for sure, definite plus there. Will I buy it myself? Not sure yet...

Spoiler

Spoiler

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7294 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

I think I'm 50%-75% through Leviathan. Some not so serious thoughts...
Spoiler

Simosaurus.png

#7295 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:14 AM

Just finished Leviathan. Very happy with it! Probably no other Mass Effect DLC will ever be as epic as Lair of the Shadow Broker, but I'd say this was the second best. Actually pretty light on combat, but heavy on story, conversation, and... adventuring, for lack of a better word. Very significant and thought-provoking addition to the overall lore.

I brought Liara and EDI with me on all of the combat missions, and they had the same amount of dialogue that they would have had in any mission in the main game. I'm guessing that applies to all of the squadmates, so bravo to BioWare for that. I grabbed the weapon DLC also, and dang but that Harrier chews dudes up.

And Conspiracy Theorist appears to be the only missable achievement. And it would be hard to miss it accidentally-- just don't leave the office for the first time until you have it!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7296 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Good to hear it's second to LoTSB, which is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

What's the length, 2-3 hours?

#7297 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:21 AM

What's the length, 2-3 hours?

Yeah, I wasn't looking at the clock but I'd say that's right. Probably around 2 hours 15 minutes, but that was on Normal difficulty.

#7298 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Actually pretty light on combat, but heavy on story, conversation, and... adventuring, for lack of a better word.

Doesn't seem like it'll be any longer on Insanity, based on what you said earlier. Exploring, conversation, and story don't exactly get more complicated on higher difficulties either. So, 2hr 15min sounds about the right length.
Fight for the Lost

#7299 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

I think I'm 50%-75% through Leviathan. Some not so serious thoughts...

Spoiler

I'm about the same amount through and loving it. The is a good amount of dialogue and EDI is incorporated well. As for that not-so-serious moments
Spoiler

I'm pissed though. I missed the theorist achievement and I'm always meticulous in my scowering of new areas for data pads, intel, etc. I forgot to go upstairs the first time there and figure I missed something that way. Oh well, I'll just load up an old save and get it later.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7300 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, Striker is an underrated gun. I imagine with destroyer mode it's particularly nasty because you don't have to use the stability mod on it. Only problem is when you use it off host and the grenades disappear because of lag. That's got me killed more than a few times.

i usually never play host and never had an issue, i still use the stability mod on it as with the accuracy bonus ad it makes me able to hip fire it no problem, it basically turns into about a 1/4 inch tighter grouping full auto falcon.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#7301 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'm about the same amount through and loving it. The is a good amount of dialogue and EDI is incorporated well. As for that not-so-serious moments

Spoiler

I'm pissed though. I missed the theorist achievement and I'm always meticulous in my scowering of new areas for data pads, intel, etc. I forgot to go upstairs the first time there and figure I missed something that way. Oh well, I'll just load up an old save and get it later.

Spoiler

#7302 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Cool Shepard and Phantom cosplay That last picture slays me. :lol:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7303 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thinking more about Leviathan this morning, and reading some good threads on the BioWare forums...

Spoiler

Edited by Ryuukishi, 29 August 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#7304 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Cool Shepard and Phantom cosplay That last picture slays me. :lol:

I think you meant to type "sync kills" instead of "slays." :)

Thinking more about Leviathan this morning, and reading some good threads on the BioWare forums...

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yeah, overall I was quite pleased. Also, for those talking length: I spent about three hours on it playing Insanity, but aside from the typical scouring of areas for items, I spent some time re-speccing my dudes too.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7305 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think you meant to type "sync kills" instead of "slays." :)

Loved EDI's quip about an OP enemy in Galaxy of Fantasy. :lol:

#7306 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Finished earlier today. I would say LotSB quality. Well done and doesn't screw with the canon.

#7307 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

Finished earlier today. I would say LotSB quality. Well done and doesn't screw with the canon.

Encouraging to hear another bit of praise for it.

Now, just have to wait for Arikado and Tha X to play it. That way, we'll know the other possible opinions. :D

#7308 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Just finished Leviathan and I have to agree with Ryuukishi that it was probably the 2nd best ME DLC behind (a good bit behind) LotSB. The banter and significant lore were all very interesting and engrossing.

However, that being said, I have to also agree with some reviewers who said Leviathan felt like a deleted scene. This is especially true since you
Spoiler
after playing through it. Just really feels like it should've been in the game and not as DLC. I guess that's the real problem I had with it. It felt like "just another mission". It provided lore, sure, but was any of it actually important or game defining? Nope. In the end, I kind of see it as another mission thrown in to answer questions that were left wide open.

And again, I have to agree with Ryuukishi. Time for BioWare to "attempt" to explain the McGuffin/trope/stupidity/ridiculousness/stereotype of the end all, be all Crucible crap.
Fight for the Lost

#7309 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

You guys have covered Leviathan and I agree with everything that's been said. It's great, no doubt. And I also put it just behind LotSB. The one thing not commented on much is how it effects the ending of the game and I'm going to dig into that this week/weekend. I want to see it through with this new perspective and to see if there are any changes, regardless of how subtle.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7310 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

fun games tonight with Simo, Chubby, and Dad. Glad the Kroguard could represent on some Golds.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#7311 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:47 AM

Just finished Leviathan and I have to agree with Ryuukishi that it was probably the 2nd best ME DLC behind (a good bit behind) LotSB. The banter and significant lore were all very interesting and engrossing.

However, that being said, I have to also agree with some reviewers who said Leviathan felt like a deleted scene. This is especially true since you

Spoiler
after playing through it. Just really feels like it should've been in the game and not as DLC. I guess that's the real problem I had with it. It felt like "just another mission". It provided lore, sure, but was any of it actually important or game defining? Nope. In the end, I kind of see it as another mission thrown in to answer questions that were left wide open.

And again, I have to agree with Ryuukishi. Time for BioWare to "attempt" to explain the McGuffin/trope/stupidity/ridiculousness/stereotype of the end all, be all Crucible crap.

It's important to remember that
Spoiler
was referenced in the first game. They didn't pull it out of their ass. And this is coming from someone who hated the endings. Not because of the content. I thought thats where it was headed in essence. I just thought the execution was horrible and choices were disregarded. I also disliked the fact Shepard dies in every scenario, as if him living in one scenario takes away the power of him dying in another.

As for the deleted scene comments, if they didn't do something like that people would be saying they didn't use DLC as a chance to add to the lore. I'm fine with it, but its implications makes the lack of variations in the end game all the more painful.

I hope the next DLC is take back Omega.

#7312 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

It's important to remember that

Spoiler
was referenced in the first game. They didn't pull it out of their ass.

Huh? What? I never said they pulled it out of their asses. I merely agreed with reviewers who said that Leviathan (the DLC) felt like a deleted scene that should have been in the game.
Fight for the Lost

#7313 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Just finished Leviathan. I thought it was entertaining and worth the playthrough, but I still had some problems with it. Some thoughts:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#7314 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Just finished Leviathan. I thought it was entertaining and worth the playthrough, but I still had some problems with it. Some thoughts:

Spoiler

I disagree with your second to last "con"
Spoiler
but I have to agree that it is disappointing that
Spoiler
which leads me to....
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7315 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

400 EMS, wow. That's a lot.

#7316 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Downloaded it last night, might play it tonight probably this weekend more like it.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7317 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Huh? What? I never said they pulled it out of their asses. I merely agreed with reviewers who said that Leviathan (the DLC) felt like a deleted scene that should have been in the game.

I wasn't replying to that part of your quote. I was replying to the very last part concerning the Mcguffin/plot holes/etc.

Spoiler

Spoiler

400 EMS, wow. That's a lot.

It's actually more. It added 505 EMS by my count when you consider extra scans, Ann Bryson and the 400 EMS from the mission. Of course, EMS means nothing :D

#7318 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Spoiler

I actually kind of liked the way they left it,
Spoiler

#7319 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:35 PM