Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#7381 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Just wanted to post this here for anyone interested. I am in a tournament with my group for ME3 and we just got done with one of the rounds. My team set the record for Condor/Reapers/Gold using 2x Turian Sentinel and 2x Turian Soldier with a 12 min even run. Check it out!

Defending Our Moon

Hope you all enjoy it! If you are interested in this type of thing feel free to PM me or message me on Xbox Live (my gamertag is in same as forum name).

#7382 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Just wanted to post this here for anyone interested. I am in a tournament with my group for ME3 and we just got done with one of the rounds. My team set the record for Condor/Reapers/Gold using 2x Turian Sentinel and 2x Turian Soldier with a 12 min even run. Check it out!

Defending Our Moon

Hope you all enjoy it! If you are interested in this type of thing feel free to PM me or message me on Xbox Live (my gamertag is in same as forum name).

Oh nice, I saw Medic (Razerath) talking about this over on Gamefaqs. Glad you guys are doing well. Nice vid.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7383 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

Thanks! Razerath posted it there? We were all pretty excited about the run since we beat the old record by over a minute using the Turians which most of us weren't too great with the character leading into the run. It was a blast and looking forward to doing more in the near future.

#7384 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

BSN has been speculating that is

Spoiler

I would bet Omega DLC is next as it is following story wise with the Invasion TPB, and Aria was still a prominent NPC in 3 with a story itching to be told in game form. Personally I would love to see more on the Prothean transformation to Collector or if Quarians are involved, would love to see more on the REAL Geth Insurrection after the reveals in the game. Batarians invasion... honestly, there is so much lore in the ME universe I would love to hear more on and participate in. And one character that sticks in regardless of origin story that is mentioned in some fashion in all 3 games, including her ship, but never expanded on (and oddly never called by Shepard) is his mother.

But, dear N7 agents, I am redeploying to Pandora for a while, but will be alternating breaks with ME MP but have chosen to fight the war on two fronts... never know when reapers may show up.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#7385 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:33 AM

That's funny because a friend on XBL mentioned something about Shepard's mother if you choose "spacer" as your profile, which I never have. He was saying that you could call your Mom. That kind of surprised me because, as much as a ME fan as I am, I never knew anything about Shepard's Mom being involved in any shape or form. Very interesting, because I always thought that the story of Shepard's survival on Akuze would be interesting, but I suppose not everyone made those background choices where the battle of Akuze would be significant.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7386 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

I would bet Omega DLC is next as it is following story wise with the Invasion TPB, and Aria was still a prominent NPC in 3 with a story itching to be told in game form. Personally I would love to see more on the Prothean transformation to Collector or if Quarians are involved, would love to see more on the REAL Geth Insurrection after the reveals in the game. Batarians invasion... honestly, there is so much lore in the ME universe I would love to hear more on and participate in. And one character that sticks in regardless of origin story that is mentioned in some fashion in all 3 games, including her ship, but never expanded on (and oddly never called by Shepard) is his mother.

But, dear N7 agents, I am redeploying to Pandora for a while, but will be alternating breaks with ME MP but have chosen to fight the war on two fronts... never know when reapers may show up.

Only Shepards that chose Spacer as your origin have mothers that are alive, so she won't show up unless they retcon that.
Posted Image

#7387 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Only Shepards that chose Spacer as your origin have mothers that are alive, so she won't show up unless they retcon that.

I know, but wouldn't it be great to get the story of the super wombed badass who spawned Shep? and where her ship was in the ending battles, what if any part she plays in protecting him or he Normandy... so much tale to tell and only a few lines mentioned.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7388 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Big Mass Effect news included with the already massive news about BioWare's Muzyka and Zeschuk stepping down:

Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

#7389 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Wow, that is quite the info dump!

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7390 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nice to see that we were right about the next DLC looking like it's Omega. I hope it'll be as good as Leviathan and LoTSB when we get it in the fall. My guess is mid-November if I had to peg a date of when we'd be seeing it.

Curious about the two founders of Bioware leaving the company. Makes me wonder if it was their decision to leave or if it was an EA "hint" to "leave".

Nice to see that we may be getting new IP as well, always a good thing when it's good IP. Hopefully a ME1 prequel in some fashion as the "next" game in the ME universe, though at this stage of the game, it might be on the X720 or PS4.

#7391 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

Curious about the two founders of Bioware leaving the company. Makes me wonder if it was their decision to leave or if it was an EA "hint" to "leave".

I don't know, if you read the personal notes from the Doctors they have nothing but positive things to say about EA. Particularly Zeschuk, he practically gushes about how great EA is.

#7392 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Big Mass Effect news included with the already massive news about BioWare's Muzyka and Zeschuk stepping down:
Casey and our teams have plans for another full game

Sad to hear the co-founders leaving but the other piece of news was not surprising in the least.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7393 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

I don't know, if you read the personal notes from the Doctors they have nothing but positive things to say about EA. Particularly Zeschuk, he practically gushes about how great EA is.

I'll read their notes and see, though from everything I've seen in other circles, EA is the big bad evil empire.

Maybe Bioware ended up being lucky and didn't get screwed over by EA.

#7394 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, interesting times over at Bioware. On one hand, it is scary and saddening that the Dr's are leaving the studio they founded. On the other, if you follow the developers on twitter and in interviews, they LOVE their work, the franchises they are developing and you can tell that the camaraderie at Bioware is strong. The universes we know and love are in good hands, I have no doubt about that.

But, hell yeah, new ME news. So, Omega is confirmed and a new ME title is teased. That could sooooo be anything, my mind is wild with speculation. It's just good to know that the ME universe isn't shelfed for now and we have six months of DLC to look forward to.

Also, two new litho's coming this Friday. That Mako one is calling me. Must. Resist.

Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7395 breathing

breathing

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

I still haven't played Overlord, the CAG in me is still waiting for it to go on sale again since it hasn't since I got ME2. I loved LotSB though, that's probably my favorite DLC of any game ever.http://www.man-body.com/my/aaaa/images/drink And Firewalker just flat out sucked.
I like Arrival a lot.

#7396 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Here's the same info about the Drs leaving Bioware on ArsTechnica, and the commentary is worth a read for some amusing and interesting bits:
http://arstechnica.c...=1#comments-bar

Engadget is the same way, commentary has some amusing bits:
http://www.engadget....ounders-retire/

Edited by shrike4242, 19 September 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#7397 breathing

breathing

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

Obviously untrue but a man can dream.
http://www.man-body....aa/images/drink

#7398 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

god ive been waiting for a collectible besides the statue for Liara, but that screenprint looks like a 8-year olds fan art. being only 200 pieces id expect a $99+ price range. good ME news, sad about the docs leavin.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#7399 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

'Dat forehead.

Posted Image

#7400 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

god ive been waiting for a collectible besides the statue for Liara, but that screenprint looks like a 8-year olds fan art.

Yeah... I appreciate the attempt at a different style or whatever, but I could spend 10 minutes at deviantart and find 50 Liara pictures that look better than that... Yikes.

#7401 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Quoting the Mako Litho:

Now if only we got something like that with the Mako and a bunch of other alliance ground forces, with varying types depending on which decisions you did with each race coming up to the fight, shooting at stuff in an epic battle in the end. Ahhh did that commercial (the ME3 one that reminded me of the CGI trailer for Halo Wars) really set me up for disappointment.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7402 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Well I know this game is pretty much dead for most people. We just finished our in-house tournament and the 4 guys I had from the Condor run were at it again. We set another record for Goddess and figured I would share it here for anyone interested in it:

By The Goddess! The Spawn Nukers Have Arrived!

Hope anyone that has any interest in it enjoys it!

#7403 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

FYI anyone that enjoys Commander Shepard will like Dredd 3D, esp if you like Renegade Shepard. *sneer*

I watched this movie with two perspectives. 1) The as presented Judge wrecking mayhem and upholding the law by any means necessary. 2) A Renegade N7 soldier, in my mind Shepard if his origin was from Earth, tasked to get objectives done with a means to an end. The final scene with Aria... oh sorry *sneer, I mean Mama was straight out of Mass Effect. I will not ruin anything but dude, dudets, gentleman and ladies go see this f'n movie!
I really dug the modified 9mm pistol, again reminded me of Mass Effect, I've been indoctrinated I know/ Spoilered to save space.
Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak8, 22 September 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#7404 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

Well, then, looks like I need to check out Judge Dredd. ;) On that note, I still need to see Total Recall which looked like a Cerberus love-fest.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I think SlimJim is right......the community for this game has all but vanished overnight because of Borderlands 2.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#7405 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Yes, everyone seemed to disappear from MP without so much as a puff of smoke. However, I did the unthinkable and turned on my mic to talk to some randoms to do the squad goal for this weekend. Turned out, one guy was pretty decent so I guess I'll have to do that more often if I'm firing up MP.

And Spy...curse you for making me want to see JD.

Simosaurus.png

#7406 atomicsmurf

atomicsmurf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Speaking of collectibles, I'm looking forward to the Play Arts FemShep figure!

http://www.toyark.co...e-shepard-6274/

#7407 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

Speaking of collectibles, I'm looking forward to the Play Arts FemShep figure!

http://www.toyark.co...e-shepard-6274/

Also Garrus http://kotaku.com/59...astic/gallery/1!

#7408 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

FYI anyone that enjoys Commander Shepard will like Dredd 3D, esp if you like Renegade Shepard. *sneer*

I watched this movie with two perspectives. 1) The as presented Judge wrecking mayhem and upholding the law by any means necessary. 2) A Renegade N7 soldier, in my mind Shepard if his origin was from Earth, tasked to get objectives done with a means to an end. The final scene with Aria... oh sorry *sneer, I mean Mama was straight out of Mass Effect. I will not ruin anything but dude, dudets, gentleman and ladies go see this f'n movie!
I really dug the modified 9mm pistol, again reminded me of Mass Effect, I've been indoctrinated I know/ Spoilered to save space.

Spoiler

I kind of have to disagree. The last scene with Ma-Ma didn't give me any sort of ME vibes. To do that, she'd have had to be more intimidating and insulting to Dredd.

Other the other hand, I never really thought of Dredd as a Renegade Shep until you mentioned it. It really does fit quite well. However, I have one caveat with that: Dredd sees things in black and white (good/bad without the gray) while Renegade Shep does whatever he/she feels like doing.

And the Hurric-I mean, Lawgiver was awesome. Much, much cooler than any Hurricane could ever hope to be. Also, the Lawgiver's been around for a lot longer than ME has been. It just never really looked like the Hurricane before.
Fight for the Lost

#7409 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

I kind of have to disagree. The last scene with Ma-Ma didn't give me any sort of ME vibes. To do that, she'd have had to be more intimidating and insulting to Dredd.

Other the other hand, I never really thought of Dredd as a Renegade Shep until you mentioned it. It really does fit quite well. However, I have one caveat with that: Dredd sees things in black and white (good/bad without the gray) while Renegade Shep does whatever he/she feels like doing.

And the Hurric-I mean, Lawgiver was awesome. Much, much cooler than any Hurricane could ever hope to be. Also, the Lawgiver's been around for a lot longer than ME has been. It just never really looked like the Hurricane before.

Spoilier of the movie, what I meant was this ME2 scene:
Spoiler

#7410 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Gotcha. Lotta people diving off buildings for sure.
Fight for the Lost