9657 replies to this topic

#7411 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Omega details scoured from ME3 disk.
http://www.examiner....covered-on-disk

Grr, really it was on the disc?! I thought they were working on it all the time...
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7412 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Omega details scoured from ME3 disk.
http://www.examiner....covered-on-disk

Grr, really it was on the disc?! I thought they were working on it all the time...

Just the script probably. All the writing is done as far in advance as possible to save money on voice acting sessions. Doesn't mean any of the gameplay content had been coded yet. Also doesn't mean things won't be changed-- there were voice files on the ME2 disc that were obviously recorded for Lair of the Shadow broker but didn't end up being used in the final release.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7413 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just the script probably. All the writing is done as far in advance as possible to save money on voice acting sessions. Doesn't mean any of the gameplay content had been coded yet. Also doesn't mean things won't be changed-- there were voice files on the ME2 disc that were obviously recorded for Lair of the Shadow broker but didn't end up being used in the final release.

They may also have been intending to be in the normal gameplay avenue before deciding it was going to be DLC. There may be pieces of it on the disk though not all of it, and the DLC fills in the missing pieces.

#7414 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Ahh I see, yeah it does make sense to do that. Was just thinking everything was on the disc because you know on disc has its reputation haha.

IGN news article about Omega, not much.

Edited by Spybreak8, 26 September 2012 - 03:35 AM.
added IGN link

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7415 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Mass Effect Trilogy Nov 6th

http://masseffect.bi.../about/trilogy/

#7416 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Mass Effect Trilogy Nov 6th

http://masseffect.bi.../about/trilogy/

Wow, that's actually pretty cool for $59.99. I wonder what if any DLC it includes.

This made me laugh though:

When does the Mass Effect Trilogy release?
Mass Effect Trilogy releases on November 6th 2012 for Xbox 360 and PC, and later in the year for PlayStation 3.

Will it be called "Mass Effect Duology" on PS3? Or "Mass Effect Trilogy* *not really a trilogy".

#7417 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Wow, that's actually pretty cool for $59.99. I wonder what if any DLC it includes.

This made me laugh though:

Will it be called "Mass Effect Duology" on PS3? Or "Mass Effect Trilogy* *not really a trilogy".

Ps3 is really getting me1

#7418 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ps3 is really getting me1

I will believe it when I see it. The website is oddly non-specific about something which you would expect them to be trumpeting as a major selling point.

#7419 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Press release from Bioware says in addition to the full trilogy release for PS3, ME1 will also be available for download on PSN. It's happening.

#7420 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Press release from Bioware says in addition to the full trilogy release for PS3, ME1 will also be available for download on PSN. It's happening.

Well there you have it. Not the first time I've been wrong about something. ;) I wonder if there are any enhancements or changes for the port? Could be very interesting if they are taking the opportunity to integrate some of the newer gameplay ideas from ME2 and 3.

#7421 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well there you have it. Not the first time I've been wrong about something. ;) I wonder if there are any enhancements or changes for the port? Could be very interesting if they are taking the opportunity to integrate some of the newer gameplay ideas from ME2 and 3.

Ironically, I'm borrowing a 360 from a friend and just bought Mass Effect 1 to play through since I played 2 and 3 on PS3. Have not even turned on the 360 yet and now I feel like I would rather wait so I can import the save game for a second playthrough of 2 and 3.

Unfortunately, The Mass Effect thread in the PS3 section is sort of dead so I thought I would see what you all were saying about it.

#7422 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

This is a pleasant surprise. I've been wating to get the Mass Effect games for my dad, but he has a PS3 and I didn't wanna skip ME1. Now I won't have to.
Posted Image

#7423 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

I wonder if they'll use the ME2 engine for ME1 on the PS3, as I can't see them reverse-engineering the ME1 engine in its semi-buggy glory.

Also, as MSUHitman posted in the deal thread about it, hopefully the enhancements from the PC engine of ME1 are pulled into the 360 version of ME1 in the trilogy release.

It's a double-dip move by EA, though damn them for making "collectable" packaging for it, which means it's an instant buy.

#7424 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

I wonder if they'll use the ME2 engine for ME1 on the PS3, as I can't see them reverse-engineering the ME1 engine in its semi-buggy glory.

Also, as MSUHitman posted in the deal thread about it, hopefully the enhancements from the PC engine of ME1 are pulled into the 360 version of ME1 in the trilogy release.

It's a double-dip move by EA, though damn them for making "collectable" packaging for it, which means it's an instant buy.

Actually the ME2 engine was never on PS3, the port was developed alongside ME3 and used the ME3 engine for simplicity's sake. There are a lot of comparison shots/videos showing ME2 on both consoles looking for differences if you're curious - I'm on my phone or id dig up a link.

So if anything the port to PS3 might run on a modified ME3 engine, which makes me curious what the 360 will get.

#7425 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Actually the ME2 engine was never on PS3, the port was developed alongside ME3 and used the ME3 engine for simplicity's sake. There are a lot of comparison shots/videos showing ME2 on both consoles looking for differences if you're curious - I'm on my phone or id dig up a link.

So if anything the port to PS3 might run on a modified ME3 engine, which makes me curious what the 360 will get.

Differences between ME3 and ME2 engines were rather minor though. Both UE3 base.

#7426 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

They said back when ME2 was released on the PS3 that is was a non-final and modified version of the ME3 engine, though was different than the ME3 engine. As Anexanhume pointed out, the differences were minor.

The ME1 situation for PS1 seems to be curious, as is the ME1 situation for 360. I'm also wondering that if it's a different engine for ME1 on the 360, would it be compatible with existing ME1 save files or would you need to go through it again separately.

#7427 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Wow, that's a whole other question I hadn't considered. It would be weird if they did an enhanced/updated port of ME1 to PS3, but didn't bring any of those enhancements or updates back into the 360 version.

As for the engine difference between ME2 on 360 and PS3, the differences in terms of how the game actually looked and played were minor-to-nonexistent. I've played both and the experience is exactly the same.

It's possible that ME1-PS3 will run on the ME3 engine and address the texture-loading and frame rate problems from the original, but will be retrofitted with exactly the same gameplay as ME1-360. But it would be much more intriguing if the game is somehow updated with elements of the gameplay and controls of the newer games.

#7428 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Wow, that's a whole other question I hadn't considered. It would be weird if they did an enhanced/updated port of ME1 to PS3, but didn't bring any of those enhancements or updates back into the 360 version.

As for the engine difference between ME2 on 360 and PS3, the differences in terms of how the game actually looked and played were minor-to-nonexistent. I've played both and the experience is exactly the same.

It's possible that ME1-PS3 will run on the ME3 engine and address the texture-loading and frame rate problems from the original, but will be retrofitted with exactly the same gameplay as ME1-360. But it would be much more intriguing if the game is somehow updated with elements of the gameplay and controls of the newer games.

Some in the deal thread thought they'd just port the PC version of ME1 to the PS3 instead of trying to rework the ME1 game mechanics in the ME2/ME3 engine that already exists. ME1 on the ME3 engine would be an interesting duck indeed.

That makes the most sense to me, since I would think that ME1 PC to 360 would be the easiest path, since Microsoft always touts how easy it is to move games from PC to 360 and the reverse. If they did include the PC version in a new ME1 for 360, then I'd be happy to pay more money to do it again on an enhanced engine.

Doing ME1 on the ME3 engine would be a lot of work and I can't see them banging it out six weeks before announcement if that's the case. It would be quite a bit different if the ME1 gameplay was done on the FPS-ish system of ME3. Between ME2 and ME3, ME3 seems the closer match to ME1's gameplay system for biotics, though for the weapon mechanics, it would be a complete and huge change.

#7429 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I should just set up an automatic deposit from my bank account into Bioware. Day one purchase. If they redo ME1 in any shape or fashion, that's even better. They had me at "collectible packaging".

Don't lose sight of this N7 day tho. That's probably when Omega will drop.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7430 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Lots of possibilities. I'll definitely pick up ME1 on PSN and play through it again if there are any changes or enhancements from the 360 disc.

Seems like their choices for porting boil down to:

1. Port the 360 version from scratch
2. Port the PC version from scratch
3. Start from the existing ME3 engine code on PS3 and retrofit the content from ME1

3 is unlikely because it's probably the most work out of any of those. So if they're left with either 1 or 2, which would be similar in scope, why not use the better PC version?

What would be really amazing is if they don't just throw the existing 360 ME1 disc into the set, but bring some of the PC refinements back into the 360 version. I won't be holding my breath for that though.

#7431 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

I should just set up an automatic deposit from my bank account into Bioware. Day one purchase. If they redo ME1 in any shape or fashion, that's even better. They had me at "collectible packaging".

Don't lose sight of this N7 day tho. That's probably when Omega will drop.

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself, I work as the CFO for Bioware. Please provide your bank information to the following email address. ;)

Lots of possibilities. I'll definitely pick up ME1 on PSN and play through it again if there are any changes or enhancements from the 360 disc.

Seems like their choices for porting boil down to:

1. Port the 360 version from scratch
2. Port the PC version from scratch
3. Start from the existing ME3 engine code on PS3 and retrofit the content from ME1

3 is unlikely because it's probably the most work out of any of those. So if they're left with either 1 or 2, which would be similar in scope, why not use the better PC version?

What would be really amazing is if they don't just throw the existing 360 ME1 disc into the set, but bring some of the PC refinements back into the 360 version. I won't be holding my breath for that though.

Since Bioware has done multiple games on PC, PS3 and 360, I would like to think that they know enough how to move code between the different versions. DA: O PC was different than PS3 or 360, though DA2 was the same between all three. ME1 360 was different than PC as well, though ME2 was the same between all three.

If their tools to do 360 to PS3 are better than PC to PS3, they'll probably go that way with 360 to PS3. I would hope they bring out the PC version enhancements in the PS3 version, as I can only hope they do on the 360 version as well. Though, that would be more work than just making ME1 on PS3.

I would love an enhanced version of ME1 running on the ME3 engine, though I doubt that would ever happen in my lifetime.

I guess they can include a sticker in the trilogy box to hide the "Only on 360" on my existing ME1 copy. ;)

#7432 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

No matter what engine they use for ME1 on PS3, hope people get auto-saved gameplay. That was the biggest improvement in getting its DLC and one of the minor glaring faults from the first, aside from those instant kill thresher maws - Kkhhhhaaaaaaannnnnnnnn!.

Edited by Spybreak8, 26 September 2012 - 09:08 PM.
oh yeah

#7433 atomicsmurf

atomicsmurf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

So is this trilogy for xbox360 going to include all the DLC for all three games on the disc? *crosses fingers* I certainly hope so. I loves me some hardcopies.
If they put it on the disc it will be a msut buy for me. :)

#7434 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

Really interesting news. Glad PS3 owners can get ME1.

As for me, I want this just for the box....

#7435 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah I'm really interested to see if the dlc would be included. Especially for ME1 & 2 and I expect the EC to be there for ME3. Would be nice if it was a complete as possible edition.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7436 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Mass Effect Trilogy Edition won't have a FemShep cover

The official Mass Effect twitter did respond to the backlash and ensured that it had "a little something special planned for FemShep coming."

It then added, "Not with the cover art. We're doing something separate."

Costume DLC? Pin-up poster? Another vote to change her hair color? :lol:

#7437 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

http://www.tomopop.c...are-27129.phtml

Black hair variant, swappable hand, and Eagle exclusive to the Bioware store. I might grab Shep, as I already have several Koto ladies lining my office. She'd fit right in.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7438 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Mass Effect Trilogy Edition won't have a FemShep cover

Costume DLC? Pin-up poster? Another vote to change her hair color? :lol:

How about some of the following:

* Fem Shep dress-up DLC
* Mass Effect Trilogy Babe Edition. Comes with all three games, a Babes of Mass Effect DVD and a A3 poster of Femshep in her underwear.
* Femshep centerfold
* A dominatrix costume as DLC
* Guest appearance in DoA5
* Mass Effect Cosmopolitan Edition. 101 ways to kill the reapers they didn't even knew about
* Transgender season pass.
* Knowing EA, it'll be an integrated credit card reader to make it even easier for fools to purchase overpriced on-disc DLC on day one.
* Shemale Shepard...
* It's new x-rated sex scenes.
* Coming soon: Femshep DLC, only $14.99 (saves Tha X some money ;) )

#7439 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

How about some of the following:

* Fem Shep dress-up DLC
* Mass Effect Trilogy Babe Edition. Comes with all three games, a Babes of Mass Effect DVD and a A3 poster of Femshep in her underwear.
* Femshep centerfold
* A dominatrix costume as DLC
* Guest appearance in DoA5
* Mass Effect Cosmopolitan Edition. 101 ways to kill the reapers they didn't even knew about
* Transgender season pass.
* Knowing EA, it'll be an integrated credit card reader to make it even easier for fools to purchase overpriced on-disc DLC on day one.
* Shemale Shepard...
* It's new x-rated sex scenes.
* Coming soon: Femshep DLC, only $14.99 (saves Tha X some money ;) )

I just want Jennifer Hale to come to my house, have dinner with me, and record my voicemail message ("I'm done being patient. Leave your name and number after the tone or I'll cut your balls off and sell them to a krogan!"). Is that so much to ask, BioWare?

#7440 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

I just want Jennifer Hale to come to my house, have dinner with me, and record my voicemail message ("I'm done being patient. Leave your name and number after the tone or I'll cut your balls off and sell them to a krogan!"). Is that so much to ask, BioWare?

That's for the CE version coming in 2013 for the Wii U. ;)