Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9645 replies to this topic

#7441 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

That's for the CE version coming in 2013 for the Wii U. ;)

brb, preordering.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7442 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Mordin Cosplay, wow pretty cool!
http://www.dorkly.co...n-solus-cosplay
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7443 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

PSN download for Mass Effect 1 is $14.99, not bad.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7444 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

PSN download for Mass Effect 1 is $14.99, not bad.

Good price. I wonder if it comes with Bring Down The Sky and Pinnacle Station or if those are separate purchases.

I can see Pinnacle Station being skippable, though BDTS isn't skippable in my opinion.

#7445 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good price. I wonder if it comes with Bring Down The Sky and Pinnacle Station or if those are separate purchases.

Probably separate purchases. Apparently the Trilogy box set doesn't include any DLC except what was originally included with the games (Zaeed etc.).

#7446 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Probably separate purchases. Apparently the Trilogy box set doesn't include any DLC except what was originally included with the games (Zaeed etc.).

Let's hope the ME2 for PS3 includes all of the DLC save Arrival like the original release came with. That would be an even worse kick in the nuts than the double-dip this looks like.

#7447 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

I can see Pinnacle Station being skippable, though BDTS isn't skippable in my opinion.

Pinnacle is rather atrocious. It's broken for insanity difficulty.

BDTS has an impact in ME3. Don't skip.

#7448 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Broken but doable. Still the only reason to buy Pinnacle is if you're a completionist or achievement/trophy hunting. You won't be missing much of anything at all skipping it entirely.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#7449 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I liked Pinnacle Station. It wasn't the best, but it helped to hone your skill, gave some cheevos and a swell little apartment if you topped the ranks.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7450 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

I liked Pinnacle just for the access to crazy good equipment by way of the apartment and ship traffic. Not like you can't find the stuff on your own though.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

#7451 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Mordin Cosplay, wow pretty cool!
http://www.dorkly.co...n-solus-cosplay

Holy shit, that must have cost a fortune. By the way, I'm pretty sure it's a woman wearing it.

#7452 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

BDTS has an impact in ME3. Don't skip.

Agreed, though it ends up being a minor impact, all told post-EC.

Still a great ME1 piece, no question there.

#7453 atomicsmurf

atomicsmurf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Don't know if you guys have seen this but:

"Chris Priestly wrote...

Hi everyone

Answering some of your most asked questions. Will provide more detail as the rest becomes available:

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

• On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
  • On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.
  • Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.
Will the original Mass Effect be available as a standalone game on PlayStation 3?

• YES the original Mass Effect will be available as a standalone digital title through the PlayStation Network for $14.99. It will release the same day as the Mass Effect Trilogy on PlayStation 3.
Is the Mass Effect Trilogy compatible with other versions of Mass Effect?

• Yes, the Mass Effect Trilogy is compatible with other versions of Mass Effect. This means you can use saves from across the original Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 titles with the Trilogy. Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is also compatible across different versions.
Hope this helps. Keep asking any unanswered questions and I'll keep working on the answers."

I'm highly disappointed. I was at least counting on the DLC's that came with ME1 Platinum Edition, and the DLC's that came with the PS3 version of ME2, and the Javik and EC ending for ME3! C'mon Bioware!!! I want me some DLC's on disc cos I ain't got my console online!

Edited by shrike4242, 01 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#7454 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm highly disappointed. I was at least counting on the DLC's that came with ME1 Platinum Edition, and the DLC's that came with the PS3 version of ME2, and the Javik and EC ending for ME3! C'mon Bioware!!! I want me some DLC's on disc cos I ain't got my console online!

I can understand why they wouldn't want to compile brand new game discs when they could put new art on an existing game disc-- which is why I predict that the PS3 copy of Mass Effect 2 will have the DLC on it. But the PH version of Mass Effect 1 with Bring Down the Sky already exists, I'm surprised they didn't at least use that. It's a $1 DLC for a 5 year old game, how much extra money are they expecting to make on it? :lol:

#7455 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

I can understand why they wouldn't want to compile brand new game discs when they could put new art on an existing game disc-- which is why I predict that the PS3 copy of Mass Effect 2 will have the DLC on it. But the PH version of Mass Effect 1 with Bring Down the Sky already exists, I'm surprised they didn't at least use that. It's a $1 DLC for a 5 year old game, how much extra money are they expecting to make on it? :lol:

Thing is though Bring Down the Sky is on the second disc (of the PH edition and has to be installed separately), and I guess they are going as economical (Ie. cheap) as possible with this release. Sucks to be sure, but that's EA for ya.
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#7456 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

I really want to get this new trilogy pack, but logic is slowly creeping in, telling me "hey dummy, you already own all of this. Save yourself $60!" So, I was telling my wife, who usually tells me to just go for it, because she knows I love me some ME. This time she said "eh, you already have all three collectors editions, right? I wouldn't get it."

Then I showed her a picture of the "premium foil box" and she said "oh, yeah, you probably need that." God I love that woman! :bow:
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7457 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thing is though Bring Down the Sky is on the second disc (of the PH edition and has to be installed separately)

Well there you go. I didn't realize it was on a different disc, I've only got the regular version.

#7458 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

I really want to get this new trilogy pack, but logic is slowly creeping in, telling me "hey dummy, you already own all of this. Save yourself $60!" So, I was telling my wife, who usually tells me to just go for it, because she knows I love me some ME. This time she said "eh, you already have all three collectors editions, right? I wouldn't get it."

Then I showed her a picture of the "premium foil box" and she said "oh, yeah, you probably need that." God I love that woman! :bow:

lol - you had me at premium foil box hahaha 8-)

but yeah nah I think I'll pass this time around (also have all the CEs).
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7459 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Well there you go. I didn't realize it was on a different disc, I've only got the regular version.

BDTS is pretty big for DLC and the ME1 disc is pretty crammed tightly as it is, so it had to go on a separate disc.

In unrelated news, saw Dredd over the weekend and the Lawgiver sidearm the Judges carry looks pretty close to a M-9 Tempest from ME2/ME3.

Lawgiver:
http://www.imfdb.org...#.22Lawgiver.22

M-9 Tempest:
http://masseffect.wi...s#Mass_Effect_3

#7460 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

In unrelated news, saw Dredd over the weekend and the Lawgiver sidearm the Judges carry looks pretty close to a M-9 Tempest from ME2/ME3.

Lawgiver:
http://www.imfdb.org...#.22Lawgiver.22

M-9 Tempest:
http://masseffect.wi...s#Mass_Effect_3

:) Yeah man that's what I was thinking when I watched Dredd as well. I loved the part where he voiced into his weapon the special ordnance, lol I was like oh nice he's got a really small kinect on his suit!

#7461 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

The Best Screenshot Artist in Gaming Captures The Beauty of Mass Effect 3

http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=490

Being a "screenshot artist" is a thing apparently. :) There are some cool-looking super high res images of the levels and some character models.

#7462 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Some pretty kickass improvements coming up in the next patch.

I expect to see lots of kroguards in future matches.

#7463 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

The Best Screenshot Artist in Gaming Captures The Beauty of Mass Effect 3

http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=490

Being a "screenshot artist" is a thing apparently. :) There are some cool-looking super high res images of the levels and some character models.

Thanks for the link, some really great hi-res shots in there. If he was charging money for his images that'd be one thing, but it's clear there's been a lot of time and effort to put those together. Some of the city shots from Crysis 2 are worth checking out, too, hard to believe some of them are from a video game!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

#7464 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Some pretty kickass improvements coming up in the next patch.

I expect to see lots of kroguards in future matches.

Good stuff being fixed on both SP and MP.

#7465 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Progress to locked achievements will be reset.

Sucks for non-MP players who are trying to get the 5k kills achievement.

#7466 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Seems a little late on those MP fixes, but who knows. Maybe it's in anticipation of some DLC; maybe we'll get a bit more thru traffic. I honestly don't mind throwing the game on every now and then. Still pretty fun. Looking forward to properly raging with my Kroguard, even though he in no way needed it.

#7467 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

Sucks for non-MP players who are trying to get the 5k kills achievement.

What? I'm sitting around 3600 right now (hardly play MP) but was gonna get this on my next play through :(

#7468 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Heads up, the Battlefield 3 soldier skin is now available as a rare card for everyone. I had it from the BF3 tie-in, but that's cool for those who still need it. Here's to hoping the Collector Rifle also shows up in packs at some point.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7469 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

- Fixed an issue with the Banshee being able to sync-kill players farther than she should be able to

Haha no f*#king sh*t.

- Fixed Decoy that was blocking the use of ladders to NPCs and squadmates

lol ultimate troll

#7470 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

So I checked out of the thread post Extended Cut b/c of my dislike of the story: is Leviathan something awesome, just fine/acceptable, or is it hot garbage? Just curious if I should stop my boycott of paid DLC for this game if Leviathan goes on sale sometime around Christmas. Thanks everyone.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png