Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9594 replies to this topic

#7531 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Simosaurus told me there is a Volus Vanguard.

*openly weeps tears of joy* Bless you, Bioware, oh enabler of dreams!!!! Seriously, I can't wait to play tonight and this week!

I guess the only downside is that you're yelling about being a biotic god with every attack?

#7532 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

so...when a volus takes cover it still looks like he's standing?

#7533 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

so...when a volus takes cover it still looks like he's standing?

I read that they can't actually take cover, but I obviously can't confirm.

There's this, at least:

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7534 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

i can only imagine a lot of ppl playing volus due to their size and ridiculousness...basically like ppl making gnome warriors in WoW.

#7535 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm waiting to see whole squads of volguards charging in like some game of bowling for reapers.

#7536 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

I read that they can't actually take cover, but I obviously can't confirm.

There's this, at least:

I can confirm they can't

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7537 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

you'd think EA would sell the MP aspect of ME3 as a separate game this late in the game. 800 ms points, easy win.

#7538 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

you'd think EA would sell the MP aspect of ME3 as a separate game this late in the game. 800 ms points, easy win.

the whole game is only $20 new right now

they could give the MP away for free by itself and just rake in money from people buying packs, ftp is the cool thing anyways right?

edit: wish I had farm up credits, with how firebase white was changed it's no longer a gimme
the geth bomber is insane btw

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7539 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Omg it's funny watching the collector do the Cerberus shuffle.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7540 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

the whole game is only $20 new right now

they could give the MP away for free by itself and just rake in money from people buying packs, ftp is the cool thing anyways right?

edit: wish I had farm up credits, with how firebase white was changed it's no longer a gimme
the geth bomber is insane btw

giving away the MP for free defeats the purpose of the online pass, while they may make some $ on packs it would likely do more harm for their rep against ppl who bought it new...resulting in some very many angry fans...and ME fans can cause quite a stir.

maybe some form of advertising that ME3 MP is still alive and kicking to hook some more players. it's like TF2, so much mileage for me.

#7541 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

giving away the MP for free defeats the purpose of the online pass, while they may make some $ on packs it would likely do more harm for their rep against ppl who bought it new...resulting in some very many angry fans...and ME fans can cause quite a stir.

maybe some form of advertising that ME3 MP is still alive and kicking to hook some more players. it's like TF2, so much mileage for me.

God, I'm still on TF2 almost every week. THE HATS. THE ROBOTS.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7542 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hmm the question now is to promote, or not. I don't want to promote all of the characters in one class, that's the thing.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7543 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Playable volus... my mind is blown.
Posted Image

#7544 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Playable volus... my mind is blown.

It's going to be like that bastard that always picked Oddjob in Goldeneye, haha.

#7545 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

How many people named their Volus Adept 'Biotic God'?

Can't wait to try out the new multiplayer. Unfortunately, work is getting in the way....

#7546 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://blog.bioware....ation-in-depth/

More stuff in the coming weeks

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7547 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Holy shit, stat tracking is now a thing for ME3!
Edit: Ok the link isn't working, head to the Bioware social site to check em out.
lol I didn't know it was Bingo:
Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak8, 10 October 2012 - 12:44 AM.
fixed link

#7548 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Volus?!?! I'm intrigued...

#7549 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Holy shit, stat tracking is now a thing for ME3!
Edit: Ok the link isn't working, head to the Bioware social site to check em out.
lol I didn't know it was Bingo:

Spoiler

I'd be excited if it was in the data pad app.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7550 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Haven't had much playtime but so far the Turian ghost rocks and the collectors are damn hard.

#7551 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Don't let the collectors flank you, lol not good.

I'm loving the UI overlayed progress, like Gears and wow I can't believe I played 122 hours of ME3 multiplayer.

#7552 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yeah, the Collectors can be hard. I've found that you can shake the swarms if you roll/evade. It takes 3 or 4 rolls to shake 'em off. The key is to blaze through the barriers and armor as quickly as possible. And take out the scions first. Their "toss a bucket of grenades into your lap" move is a bitch!

I don't know what to make of the weather effects on Dagger. It's different, it mixes it up, but I can't say that I had more fun. It was just different. The changes to FBW really surprised me, though. I wonder how that'll change FBW Geth gold farming?

And lastly, I spent $11 in ms points + a bunch of credits and didn't unlock any of the new characters or weapons. :/ Oh well. I'll be back for more and there will be plenty of opportunities to unlock them.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7553 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Don't let the collectors flank you, lol not good.

I'm loving the UI overlayed progress, like Gears and wow I can't believe I played 122 hours of ME3 multiplayer.

I can't believe I've played over 400 hours!

#7554 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yeah no new char drops for me either, plenty of new appearances though...

A sandstorm with a Turret/Scion/Ravager/Atlas/Prime in the fog of war is something new that's for sure.

#7555 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just looked up some videos of the Volus. I'm sure I will never unlock the adapt. It looks like a fun class to play.
Posted Image

#7556 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...Aqxt8.png:large

working on all the biotic challenges to get this title in game

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7557 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm surprised I only have a little over 70 hours in the game. I didn't know till after my last post that the Volus were ultra rare. That is going to be even harder to get. I might start cashing in my Bing points and use points to buy the packs now. I will have no issue with buying packs as long as they are not from points that I paid for with cash.
Posted Image

#7558 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I noticed in the new N7 HQ it says I have like 117 hours in the game. That's away off. Raptr says I'm at like 230 and I know that's more accurate. Not a big deal but I don't like having to question stats.

Its cool how everyone it shows which operations you've participated in though and I can see those challenges taking g some time.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7559 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

I noticed in the new N7 HQ it says I have like 117 hours in the game. That's away off. Raptr says I'm at like 230 and I know that's more accurate. Not a big deal but I don't like having to question stats.

Maybe the N7 stat is only time you've spent playing the multi?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7560 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Its cool how everyone it shows which operations you've participated in though and I can see those challenges taking g some time.

Nah that's online time because yeah Raptr has me down for 234 hours of ME3 and about half of that is multiplayer for me.