Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#7651 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Quick question...as someone who has never played any of the ME games, would I be wise to start with ME1 or can I just jump in anywhere? Thanks!

yeah at least do 2, has a lot of story and awesome characters, b ut don't start with 3.

#7652 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Okay cool. No problem starting with 1 was just curious. Thanks

#7653 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Mass Effect 1 is a great, great game, even being 5 years old. It plays differently than 2 & 3, but from a story standpoint, you must play it. You'll be glad you did. :)
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#7654 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Mass Effect 1 is a great, great game, even being 5 years old. It plays differently than 2 & 3, but from a story standpoint, you must play it. You'll be glad you did. :)

Gotta agree with that assessment.

That and buy Bring Down The Sky DLC for ME1 and Lair Of The Shadow Broker DLC for ME2, at the minimum.

#7655 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Awesome, will pick up ME1 and the DLC.

#7656 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

is the Levitathian dlc worth it? and also when does that other me3 single player dlc come out?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7657 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

I would only recommend BDTS because it's a dollar, otherwise it really isn't that pivotal or anything great for that matter.

As for another ME game, I would want to see something on a smaller scope when compared to the galaxy. You still have the races, abilities, terminology, but just set on a single location or something. It doesn't really make much difference in the places you can visit. I still haven't played ME3, but all the major locations in ME2 can very well be placed on a single planet if they wanted to, so you can still have variety and with it being on a smaller scale when compared to the trilogy, they can ignore stuff that they don't want to tackle (Reapers, Shepard).

No matter what, people are going to be pissy about what they do, but I'd rather them just get away from all the more established stuff and do something new in the same universe that I've grown to love.

Or just make a new game entirely. Whichever works.

#7658 Rhett

Rhett

Global Defense Initiative

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Anyone interested in some Gold runs tonight? I've failed 5 consecutive gold publics between last night and today. One had two krogans trying to melee everything for the challenge. WTF?
Steam: Rhett816

#7659 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

is the Levitathian dlc worth it?

Leviathan is worth it if you play for the story and like some good set pieces. There's not a lot of action to it, but there is some good dialogue and it adds a cool angle to the legend of the Reapers that could be set up for the future of the series.

Simosaurus.png

#7660 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

What are you talking about Willis? Of course Leviathan had lots of action but yeah there is a heavy emphasis on detective figuring out mode, similar to how LotSB started out. The battles on that floating platform ship were pretty intense (there are a few other set pieces that incorporates combat as well), plus you get to rock an Atlas like walker. I'm a bit biased maybe but yes I def think Leviathan is worth it.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7661 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

I mean, let's say it like it is, CAG or not, if you love-love Mass Effect, you already bought Leviathan. Yes, it's worth it. It's worth it for
Spoiler
alone!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7662 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Lol true.

I just found this Honest Game Trailers ME3 Edition, I see it's a little old but first time seeing it. I was rolling on the floor.

Edited by Spybreak8, 21 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.
youtube link isn't embedding

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7663 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

I mean, let's say it like it is, CAG or not, if you love-love Mass Effect, you already bought Leviathan. Yes, it's worth it. It's worth it for

Spoiler
alone!

No, if you love-love Mass Effect, you
Spoiler

#7664 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Spoiler

What? Can't tell if still butthurt

#7665 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Spoiler

Thanks to Bing I have yet to buy DLC for this game. In fact I'm thinking about buying some of the PSP's with my points from Bing.
Posted Image

#7666 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

Thanks to Bing I have yet to buy DLC for this game. In fact I'm thinking about buying some of the PSP's with my points from Bing.

Even if you're using Bing points to get MSP codes, it'll still register as a sale on their bottom line. And that's the issue I have with purchasing any more DLC for ME. I've accepted how Bioware chose to end the series, and I'm making the choice to not support their DLC add-ons full of content that should have been in the game at release (ie, Omega)

#7667 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

True. The way I was looking at it is it was free for me. I do see your point and that no matter how I get it they still see it as a download so it is a sale. I have yet to play any of the DLC outside of the MP and what came with the CE, so I don't know how much of it seems like it should have been in from the start. I will say that the DLC that came with the CE felt like it should have been in. I had to look it up to make sure it was the DLC that I was playing. I still wonder how much of all of this is EA's doing and not Bioware. EA might have told them to cut things so it can be put out later as DLC.
Posted Image

#7668 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

True. The way I was looking at it is it was free for me. I do see your point and that no matter how I get it they still see it as a download so it is a sale. I have yet to play any of the DLC outside of the MP and what came with the CE, so I don't know how much of it seems like it should have been in from the start. I will say that the DLC that came with the CE felt like it should have been in. I had to look it up to make sure it was the DLC that I was playing. I still wonder how much of all of this is EA's doing and not Bioware. EA might have told them to cut things so it can be put out later as DLC.

The CE content absolutely should have been in the game at release (especially since it was available as day 1 DLC) and there has been reference to a lot of Omega's content coming from cut files at release. I havent heard that about Leviathan to be fair. I'm sure EA was pulling some of the strings, but Bioware should have been able to stand up for the fanbase and say "No, we will not do this."

#7669 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

There's a general misconception regarding "cut" content and placeholders. Considering that DLC is simply the norm in game development, it's now standard procedure to put in hooks for planned future content. Just because some lines of dialog and code were written doesn't necessarily mean the EA (or any other publisher) money machine forced extraction.

That said, I do agree that the the From Ashes DLC should have been part of the vanilla game experience. New development practices don't excuse everything. As a buyer of the CE on launch day though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to get something more than a patch and artbook.

I know that deep down, we all want game dev to revert to the golden days, but plain and simply (and unfortunately) it's never going to happen. DLC's not going anywhere.

I of course recognize and respect your stance on the matter. It's a bummer that the only way to really make a stand is to vote with your dollars, because unlike you, most people who claim to withhold buying DLC seldom actually do it. Regardless of the difference of our guns, I applaud you for sticking to yours.

Anyone try out the Krogan Shaman yet? Despite my affinity for all things Tuchanka, I found myself not having a blast. Just made me mad that I couldn't charge.

Up to about 50% on the Biotic God title. Workin' up slowly but surely.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7670 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

There's a general misconception regarding "cut" content and placeholders. Considering that DLC is simply the norm in game development, it's now standard procedure to put in hooks for planned future content. Just because some lines of dialog and code were written doesn't necessarily mean the EA (or any other publisher) money machine forced extraction.

That said, I do agree that the the From Ashes DLC should have been part of the vanilla game experience. New development practices don't excuse everything. As a buyer of the CE on launch day though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to get something more than a patch and artbook.

I know that deep down, we all want game dev to revert to the golden days, but plain and simply (and unfortunately) it's never going to happen. DLC's not going anywhere.

I of course recognize and respect your stance on the matter. It's a bummer that the only way to really make a stand is to vote with your dollars, because unlike you, most people who claim to withhold buying DLC seldom actually do it. Regardless of the difference of our guns, I applaud you for sticking to yours.

Personally, I think From Ashes, Extended Cut and Leviathan should have been included in the base product and it would have been a better product for it.

From Ashes gives you the obvious squadmate addition and weapon addition that is pretty helpful to the game, plus the backstory is good in fleshing out the ME universe.

Extended Cut fixes for the most part the endings being abrupt and making no sense.

Leviathan does more of the same, adds in good backstory information to expand out the series a bit more than we had in the base game. Additional in-game items are also helpful.

I'd love it if they were part of the base game, though that would have delayed release by a number of months for obvious reasons.

ME and Dragon Age are the only game franchises that I pay full price for its DLC because I think it's worth the money. Any other franchise, I pay as cheap as price for its DLC as I can. Even Dragon Age, I picked up most of it on a discount, though ME, I didn't.

As much as I'd like DLC to disappear, it isn't going anywhere.

#7671 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Personally, I think From Ashes, Extended Cut and Leviathan should have been included in the base product and it would have been a better product for it.

From Ashes gives you the obvious squadmate addition and weapon addition that is pretty helpful to the game, plus the backstory is good in fleshing out the ME universe.

Extended Cut fixes for the most part the endings being abrupt and making no sense.

Leviathan does more of the same, adds in good backstory information to expand out the series a bit more than we had in the base game. Additional in-game items are also helpful.

I'd love it if they were part of the base game, though that would have delayed release by a number of months for obvious reasons.

ME and Dragon Age are the only game franchises that I pay full price for its DLC because I think it's worth the money. Any other franchise, I pay as cheap as price for its DLC as I can. Even Dragon Age, I picked up most of it on a discount, though ME, I didn't.

As much as I'd like DLC to disappear, it isn't going anywhere.

Oh, I'm absolutely with you. End of the day I certainly don't want to pay for DLC. It's all about my love for the source that drives that decision.

I'm looking at you, Capcom. You dicks.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7672 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Developers are always going to be between a rock and a hard place with DLC. Make it cosmetic and unnecessary like weapon or costume packs, and fans demand something more substantial. Make something that feels substantial and necessary to the full experience, and fans complain that it should have been included in the base game. There's no magic formula for doing DLC the correct way and pleasing everyone.

In any case, as has been said, it's here to stay. I think the only thing to be done is evaluate each DLC release on a case by case basis and make a decision for yourself if it's worth your money or not. On balance I'm extremely glad that DLC exists, frankly. I've had lots of awesome experiences with DLC purchases and if something doesn't look like it's worth my money, well, no one's forcing me to buy it.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7673 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Developers are always going to be between a rock and a hard place with DLC. Make it cosmetic and unnecessary like weapon or costume packs, and fans demand something more substantial. Make something that feels substantial and necessary to the full experience, and fans complain that it should have been included in the base game. There's no magic formula for doing DLC the correct way and pleasing everyone.

What about expansion pack-style DLC? Awakening, Shivering Isle, that sort of thang.

Last I checked we still liked that.

Posted Image

#7674 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

What about expansion pack-style DLC? Awakening, Shivering Isle, that sort of thang.

Last I checked we still liked that.

I was gonna say, but Crotch peered into my head and stole it from me before I could.

#7675 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I was gonna say, but Crotch peered into my head and stole it from me before I could.

i don't know what to say...but I am chuckling.

#7676 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Any idea as to what the new MP character is going to be tomorrow?
Posted Image

#7677 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

Space hamster.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#7678 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

It's Tuesday and no new character unlocks or new hazard maps. Weren't they supposed to come out on Monday or Tuesday?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#7679 deadbodyman11

deadbodyman11

Pines for Cedars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

It's Tuesday and no new character unlocks or new hazard maps. Weren't they supposed to come out on Monday or Tuesday?

The balance changes along with the new character/maps were delayed until tomorrow, something about there being new balance changes that required a bit more testing, I'll drudge up where I read it real quick...

Edit: Quoted from one of the Bioware employees over on the ME3 MP Forums:

Sorry everyone, there are quite a few changes this week so they need a little bit more testing. We're hoping to get them out tomorrow morning. Below is a little preview of the changes.

- Some composition changes to Geth and Cerberus waves 9, 10, and Extraction on Bronze/Silver.
- Some Geth Hunter and Geth Prime nerfs across all difficulties.
- Some buffs to Drell and the original Turians.
- One of the more highly requested kits is being released...

Being fucked up is not an excuse to piss in the goddamn fish tank. 

#7680 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Jesus Fuck that signature is long.

Posted Image