Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9658 replies to this topic

#7681 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

I'm late to the party, but here are my 2 cents.
Spoiler

I play an Infiltrator Shep with Ashley & Garrus both spec'd for weapon damage using Blk Widows & Revenants for the party and squad disruptor/cryo ammo. Anyone else rock this? Like I said I'm late for the party.

#7682 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Anyone else having difficulty logging into the N7 HQ website? After I type my email and password it just reloads the login page. No error message or anything. Could be that I'm trying from my phone but it has always worked before. ??

Edit:
Nevermind, works now. Must have been a glitch.

Edited by Feeni, 24 October 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#7683 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Developers are always going to be between a rock and a hard place with DLC. Make it cosmetic and unnecessary like weapon or costume packs, and fans demand something more substantial. Make something that feels substantial and necessary to the full experience, and fans complain that it should have been included in the base game. There's no magic formula for doing DLC the correct way and pleasing everyone.

Yeah I initially thought, as I was reading that, man Rockstar really f'n blew it out of the park with their DLC, Episodes from Liberty City, for GTAIV. That's how you do DLC, very different experiences and most of the time I pick up DLC that supports that role. Shivering Isles for Oblivion and Undead Nightmare for Red Dead Redemption are two perfect examples of what I'm talking about.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7684 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Asari Valkyrie Sentinel kit now available as a new Rare card

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Glacier and Firebase White

Krogan Shaman
Now moves at the same speed as other Krogan when carrying objectives
Added skin tone as a customization option

Turian Ghost and Havok
Now move at the same speed as other Turians when carrying objectives

Reaper Husk
Score rewards for kills and assists on Husks increased by 50%

Reaper Brute
(Silver) Armor increased from 7500 to 9000
(Gold) Armor increased from 9000 to 13500
(Platinum) Armor increased from 11700 to 15210

Cerberus Wave Data
(Bronze) Wave 9: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Engineer
(Silver) Wave 9: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion
(Silver) Extraction: Removed 1 Dragoon and added 1 Centurion

Geth Wave Data
(Bronze) Extraction: Removed 1 Hunter and added 1 Trooper
(Silver) Wave 10: Removed 1 Prime and both Hunters and added 3 Troopers
(Silver) Extraction: Removed 1 Prime and both Bombers and added 3 Rocket Troopers

Geth Prime
(All Difficulties) Cooldown for spawning Turrets and Drones increased by 50%

Geth Hunter
Delay between shotgun bursts increased from [0.9-1.5] to [1.2-1.8]
Shotgun rate of fire decreased from 60 to 45
The hit reaction chance multiplier is the chance for players to hit react the Hunter
(Bronze) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 80% to 90%
(Silver) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 65% to 75%
(Silver) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 90% to 80%
(Gold) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 50% to 60%
(Gold) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 110% to 90%
(Platinum) Hit reaction chance multiplier went from 40% to 50%
(Platinum) Movement speed modifier while cloaked decreased from 110% to 100%

Drell Assassin Passive Power (All Drell Kits)
Rank 1 power damage bonus increased from 5% to 10%
Evolution 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
Evolution 2 power damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%
Evolution 3 power damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%
Evolution 4 head shot damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Turian Veteran Passive Power (Original 2 Turian Kits)
Rank 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
Evolution 1 weapon damage bonus increased from 7.5% to 10%
Evolution 2 power damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%
Evolution 3 power damage bonus increased from 15% to 20%
Evolution 4 head shot damage bonus increased from 20% to 30%
Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Devastator Mode Power
Base magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
Rank 2 magazine size bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
Evolution 3 magazine size bonus decreased from 25% to 15%
Evolution 4 rate of fire bonus decreased from 25% to 15%

Hawk Missile Launcher Power
Base damage and force increased from 150 to 200
Evolve 1 shield penalty reduction increased from 25% to 40%

Supply Pylon Power
Base frequency for spawning ammo increased from 15 to 17.5 seconds
Base frequency for spawning grenades increased from 20 to 24 seconds
Evolution 3 weapon damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
Evolution 4 power damage bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Cryo Explosion Power Combo
Damage increased from [75-200] to [100-250]

Edited by shrike4242, 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.
Added some much-needed blank lines.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7685 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Geth Faction nerfs taking this long while they simultaneously nerf both the Destroyer and Demolisher have me overjoyed I stopped playing MP. Not sure if trying out the Valkyrie is worth the few hours it will take to actually get one, but I am tempted. If only for the prospect of using it in pristine condition before gets butchered.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#7686 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

so the hazard on white is a blizzard, hard to see
glacier has a roaming electric field that drains shields/health

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#7687 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Video of the new kit. I'm sure this will take me months to get.
Posted Image

#7688 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Played a quick match to see the new hazards. FBW in a blizzard is how that map is meant to be played. Very cool effect. The electric mosquito swarm on Glacier? Meh.

Simosaurus.png

#7689 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

The Valkyrie is pretty good, essentially a more durable Fury. Nothing ground breaking though.

Too bad about the Detroyer and Demolisher nerfs. Seemed overkill to me.

Love the Drell buffs, hopefully they'll starting getting some more respect, especially the vanguard.

#7690 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

i need to check out some of this new stuff

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#7691 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I've seen a lot of anime and this was meh to me. It doesn't hurt that Vega is a forgettable character though. Plus shooting shotguns at long range...
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7692 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Operation Valkyrie

Earn 50000 points with one of the 4 N7 commendation weapons.

:) Easy peasy. Time to break out my Valiant VI.

#7693 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

So I made my first guide/build for a character today. It was for the N7 Fury and is a double explosion build (I much prefer Fire Explosions). Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but I will leave the link here and if you are a member of the site and enjoy the build I would love more comments and suggestions!

N7 Fury Fire Biotic Explosion Build and Guide

#7694 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Plus shooting shotguns at long range...

Claymore, Graal, GPS, and the Crusader would like a word. :)

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 10/01/14  Happy Inktober!      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7695 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Claymore, Graal, GPS, and the Crusader would like a word. :)

Fuck that noise. Mass Effect 1 would like to meet him outside.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#7696 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

i am so out of the loop D:

#7697 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Okay..so if I told you I just cracked into the mp I hope I wont get walked off the plank.

Loving it so far..I also have never played Gears..so horde mode is new to me as well.

Any quick tips on best classes for noobs? So far I'm a level 15 human soldier, but really want to unlock the Krogan Vanguard. Sticking only to bronze for a while.

Also, are the commendation N7 weapons unavailable at this point? I would like to get a Victory pack out of all my playing this weekend.

#7698 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Also, are the commendation N7 weapons unavailable at this point? I would like to get a Victory pack out of all my playing this weekend.

As far as this weekend is concerned, you are pretty much locked in a paradox of weapon rewards. The only way to get a N7 weapon is in a commendation pack. And this weekend the only way to get a commendation pack is to use a N7 weapon. So I would say just keep enjoying the game and leveling up your characters to prepare for next weekends event.

As far as characters go, most of the starting humans are considered fairly weak, though human engineer is a personal favorite of mine. Build up incinerate and overload and they are a tech burst and fire explosion maniac.

#7699 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

@Feeni: No character is weak IMO, especially with tech combos being insanely good now and working off of ammo powers meaning any character can set up their own combos and detonate them.

@xtreme_Zr2: As suggested, just play around and enjoy the game. There are a lot of builds that will dominate nearly any game in the hands of a good player and practice makes perfect. A lot of the veterans of ME3 multiplayer (including myself) have been posting guides and builds here: Character Builds and Guides

A lot of this game was unfamiliar territory to me when I jumped in, I ran a plain Human character (Soldier and Engineer) and knew nothing about comboing. If you are interested in the Human Engineer like suggested above, I created a guide in that link above to that very character and listed some options. I will suggest maxing out lower tier weapons and mods first (buying recruit packs until your original weapons are at X, then move up to Veteran packs). A lot of people hate on these weapons, but all of them are fairly decent and are great starter weapons until you start earning more credits and can start being more effective. We all start somewhere, so don't worry about putting up high scores or anything, being a team player is best thing you can do.

#7700 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Any quick tips on best classes for noobs? So far I'm a level 15 human soldier, but really want to unlock the Krogan Vanguard. Sticking only to bronze for a while.

Human soldier is not a bad place to start to get the hang of things, but the other human classes are great fun. I have unlocked so much I got away from using humans for a while, but recently have gone back to the adepts and sentinels. You can experiment and deal some real damage with your tech and biotic explosions so try them out. Just keep your weapon weight as light as possible with adepts. Also, don't be afraid to dive into a Silver; if you're with a good crew they'll back you up.

Simosaurus.png

#7701 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Okay..so if I told you I just cracked into the mp I hope I wont get walked off the plank.

Loving it so far..I also have never played Gears..so horde mode is new to me as well.

That is the same class I started with. I built to to be able to just spam Concussive Shot. I think the build was:

Adrenaline Rush
Damage, Duration and Power Use

Concussive Shot
Radius, Recharge Speed and Shredder

Frag Grenade
I put nothing in because at the time grenades were a pain in the ass to get. I would get one every wave and it felt pointless to use them. I still may or may not put points in this.

Alliance Training
Damage & Capacity, Power Damage and Weapon Weight

Fitness
Durability, Shield Recharge and Fitness Expert

At the time this would work for all levels of the game. I think bronze with just spamming Concussive Shot I was getting 10-20k points more than everyone else. Silver I was ranking in the top two and gold I was staying close to everyone else by two thousand points or so. Now I don't think people would let you play this above silver. It was always fun to play and seemed to level fast. The point for me was to keep the weapon weight low to have the 200+ regeneration and like I have said just spam Concussive Shot.

The human soldier is a great class to start out with.
Posted Image

#7702 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

The "spam concussion shot" approach works very well in lower levels but is far less effective on higher levels when the boss-to-grunt level enemies rise considerably (still useful to pick off grunts hiding in cover). For a better survivability, getting adrenaline rush with the damage reduction and shield regeneration bonuses works well is also helpful in taking down the big enemies with the higher rate of fire and accuracy. I also love grenades in general since they dishout large damage over an area of effect had have no cooldown. They are even better since most maps now dish out 2 at a time and you can equip grenade gear to carry even more. Also thermal packs, which otherwise are limited in usefulness, replenish your grenade supply.

My main build is this:

Adrenaline Rush to Rank 6 (all damage reduction/duration bonuses)

Concussion shot to 3

Frag Grenade to 6 (Damage, Max grenades, Armor piercing)

Alliance training to 5 (damage/capacity and power damage)

Fitness to 6 (all durability related)

Check out the human engineer too as it is a great, easy-to-you class and also quite viable in higher level matches.

#7703 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

WOW.

Played a ton this weekend, probably 6-8 hours. Thanks for the help everyone on the builds.

I promoted my Soldier and started a Human Engineer class, using the tech burst/fire explosion combos. That was a ton of fun. Level 19 currently on the Engineer.

I got ballsy and played a few silver matches and actually think I held my own okay. I was running the Locust only and spamming the tech burst/incinerate explosions like crazy.

I only bought recruit packs until all the starting guns were X level, and just bought three veteran packs. Managed to get the Eviscerator, Quarian Infiltrator and the PHAESTON! What a great gun, sounds sweet when it shoots and I put cryo ammo on for instant freeze.

However, what is the easiest way for Banshees/Brutes on silver? Bastards are hard to put down.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#7704 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

I remember when I thought the Phaeston was an awesome gun :). Wait until you unlock the Cerberus Harrier.

Armor piercing helps a lot against the bigger enemies. I almost always equip my main weapon's piercing mod. Using warp or incinerate ammo also helps. In the end though, power combo attacks work best especially now that tech explosions are much easier to do.

#7705 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Harrier, get ready to run out of ammo. Either sit next to ammo boxes or come prepared with extra ordinance (forgot what the equp is called).

#7706 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

I have hundreds of hours logged and still no Cerberus Harrier.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7707 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I have hundreds of hours logged and still no Cerberus Harrier.

Well you could always do the trick of uninstalling the DLC and buying packs, with the Rebellion Pack still installed granted, in order to focus the random luck in your favor. I saw a guy do this for the newest DLC, in order to get the new classes. That's a bit much though (since you stated how long you've been playing I think it's fine if you do that method lol).

#7708 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well you could always do the trick of uninstalling the DLC and buying packs, with the Rebellion Pack still installed granted, in order to focus the random luck in your favor. I saw a guy do this for the newest DLC, in order to get the new classes. That's a bit much though (since you stated how long you've been playing I think it's fine if you do that method lol).

But wouldn't that mess anything up? You're saying that if I uninstall all the DLC and go into MP then I won't see all the DLC weapons/equipment/characters I already own but if I ever later install the DLC all that stuff will still be there?

#7709 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

But wouldn't that mess anything up? You're saying that if I uninstall all the DLC and go into MP then I won't see all the DLC weapons/equipment/characters I already own but if I ever later install the DLC all that stuff will still be there?

Yes, it'll still be there supposedly since all the data is stored on the server side. Never did it myself, though so don't know firsthand but lots of people have done this.

#7710 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

On the mass effect forums on the bioware social site people have talked about doing the same thing. The only issue I have see is with the new classes being able to have a 6/6/6/6 build. I have had the issue with the Volus however I did't uninstall any packs. I think it is a more common issue or a guarantee of having the issue if you uninstall all the packs but the new one. For me the 6/6/6/6 issue was an easy fix. All I had to do was back out with out assigning any points. As for the older packs I have not heard of any issues with them.
Posted Image