Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9658 replies to this topic

#7921 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Guess I may run through Omega with my Adept if they're Adept abilities.

Well, you can assign the new powers to any class, but flare in itself looks like a singularity being detonated and thrash is like Miranda's Slam in the horizontal direction (throw with a yoyo effect). So adept seems the natural choice.

#7922 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hmm, I only remember unlocking Flare at the end of the DLC, not Thrash. Do you always unlock both? Maybe I just missed the notification. Or is it possible to not unlock Thrash if you go with all Renegade choices?

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#7923 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hmm, I only remember unlocking Flare at the end of the DLC, not Thrash. Do you always unlock both? Maybe I just missed the notification. Or is it possible to not unlock Thrash if you go with all Renegade choices?

They flash one on top of the other so maybe you missed the change.

#7924 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

They flash one on top of the other so maybe you missed the change.

Probably.

#7925 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Lash*

But yeah, I'm pretty sure you get em both either way. My infiltrator had Dark Channel as her extra, so tagteaming that with Aria's Flare throughout the DLC led to some pretty spectacular explosions. I'm looking forward to putting Flare on my Vanguard when I get him up to ME3.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/29/2014   Anime doodles      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#7926 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Spy, thanks for the rundown on Paragon Lost. That's disappointing, but really? Shouldn't we have expected as much? At least you got a swell t-shirt out of it. Not sure if I'll still get it or not.

Who am I kidding? Of course I'll buy it! I'm a Mass Effect Merch Whore!

Yeah that's what I figured, on both getting the t-shirt and you getting it. :lol:

Yeah I don't like upgrading weapons in ME3 because once I throw all my money into it, I have to wait for EACH and EVERY popup to disappear, brilliant game design there.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#7927 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Here's my mini-review of Omega and for those who know me well enough, you might be surprised:

Spoiler

Back to multiplayer!

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7928 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Still need to finish Omega. I'm enjoying what i've played so far. I went back to Mass Effect 2 and finally finished Lair of The Shadow Broker. I bought it earlier this year or last year when it was on sale and never got around to it. Really great DLC. What are anyone's opinion on Overlord and Arrival DLC? Is it worth getting?

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#7929 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Spy did you watch the Dragon Age anime? Just looking for a comparison.

#7930 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Still need to finish Omega. I'm enjoying what i've played so far. I went back to Mass Effect 2 and finally finished Lair of The Shadow Broker. I bought it earlier this year or last year when it was on sale and never got around to it. Really great DLC. What are anyone's opinion on Overlord and Arrival DLC? Is it worth getting?

I think Overlord is one of the best DLC, behind only LotSB and BDTS personally. It is only a few hours in length but has a very good story and the end of it actually gives you some choice. Plus, you kill a lot of Geth, which brought back a great amount of ME1 nostalgia for me. Very fun DLC.

Arrival...its good, but fell short of what I was hoping for personally. Still worth getting for sure, but dont go into it with high expectations.

#7931 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

What are anyone's opinion on Overlord and Arrival DLC? Is it worth getting?

Lair of the Shadow Broker is generally known to be the best of the ME DLC. I thought Arrival was really very good. It's different, as far as ME2 gameplay is concerned because
Spoiler
. But, how it bridges ME2 to ME3 is worth the price of admission alone. It has some great shoot-outs, too. Overlord is a mixed bag. I tend to like it less than most people mainly because it's unnecessary. By that, I mean that it's good gameplay, it lets you explore an interesting environment and introduces an idea
Spoiler
that is expanded upon in ME3. It has a story that I found a little unsettling, but it shows how nasty Cerberus is, and ultimately was a story that didn't have to be told. We already knew that Cerberus was a nasty bunch.

Honestly, if you're a big fan and enjoying the ME games, you can't go wrong with either. All of the ME2 and ME3 DLC has been day one purchases and I haven't regretted any. Even that expensive one I gripe about a couple posts above. :)

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#7932 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Although I liked LotSB above all others, I just liked that all of ME2's DLC was revisited in some way in ME3. LotSB is pretty self explanatory, as is Arrival. Overlord though, surprised me the most because it was revisited three times in ME3. The first at
Spoiler
, the second
Spoiler
, and lastly,
Spoiler

That's why I enjoyed Overlord but, as the others have said, if you only play one ME2 DLC, make it LotSB.
Fight for the Lost

#7933 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Overlord felt a little unfinished to me. The main outdoor environment in particular just felt empty, like I was back on a random planet in ME1 searching for deposits in the Mako. Also, I really hated
Spoiler

Arrival was fine. Its Last Stand Achievement took me probably 10 attempts. I liked the
Spoiler

Lair of the Shadow Broker is essential. I can't imagine playing ME3 without it.

#7934 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

I did like the new dlc. I do, however, think it was over priced. This should have been 800 points. It's great for mass effect fans. There was nothing earth shattering though. You fight to take back omega base.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#7935 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Spy did you watch the Dragon Age anime? Just looking for a comparison.

Ahh sorry Hitman, no I haven't seen the Dragon Age one but I heard that was a little disappointing as well. The main thing that makes these games is believe it or not all the text you have to read and to get all that info into a movie would be a snore feast lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#7936 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Played through Omega twice now, some thoughts:

Spoiler

#7937 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Played through Omega twice now, some thoughts:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7938 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Spoiler

Could have had some lieutenant replace her at Purgatory and give out the quests instead. Just give him/her some dialog about relaying the info to and from Aria.

Btw, apropos of nothing, does it strike anyone else as weird that two major locations in the Mass Effect universe have the same name, and it's never commented on? Did the writers just forget that there was already a place called Purgatory in ME2, or were they just so in love with the name that they decided to use it a second time?

#7939 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Could have had some lieutenant replace her at Purgatory and give out the quests instead. Just give him/her some dialog about relaying the info to and from Aria.

Or they could make her club on Omega a new mini-hub similar to the Shadow Broker's ship after LotSB.

There were a lot of ways to skin that cat, really.

Posted Image

#7940 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Spoiler

I didn't think that Omega would be available until after that. Wasn't the point of gaining control of the mercs was to use them to take back Omega?

Btw, apropos of nothing, does it strike anyone else as weird that two major locations in the Mass Effect universe have the same name, and it's never commented on? Did the writers just forget that there was already a place called Purgatory in ME2, or were they just so in love with the name that they decided to use it a second time?

No, it strikes me as weird that it doesn't happen more often.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#7941 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

My phone autocorrects "Hahahahaha" to "Batarians." That's all.

#7942 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

*Said in Peter Griffin voice* Batarians don't care for mo..st th...innnngggsss.

#7943 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

I think since the
Spoiler
, they were ok with naming the club Purgatory in ME3. But hey, chalk it up to Star Child for that inaccuracy \\:D/
Fight for the Lost

#7944 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yeah I always found it ironic when you could meet up with Jack at Purgatory. ;)

#7945 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ahh sorry Hitman, no I haven't seen the Dragon Age one but I heard that was a little disappointing as well. The main thing that makes these games is believe it or not all the text you have to read and to get all that info into a movie would be a snore feast lol.

Try the Dragon Age one sometime, I really liked it, but I think I'm in the same boat you're in as I'm the only to watch/own that and you're the only one to have seen the ME anime.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#7946 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

"All hands on deck" for the next piece of ME3 DLC.

Sam Hulick scoring it? Seth Green back? Voice actors back in the studio? Large writing team (although uh oh, Mac Walters)?

I'm in.

#7947 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Sam Hulick scoring it? Seth Green back? Voice actors back in the studio?

I'm in.

Seth Green FTW.

Hopefully Raphael Sbarge's involvement indicates that they're bringing all the squadmate VAs back... and not that this is a Kaidan-centric DLC. :lol:

#7948 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Seth Green FTW.

Hopefully Raphael Sbarge's involvement indicates that they're bringing all the squadmate VAs back... and not that this is a Kaidan-centric DLC. :lol:

in4 Kaidan origin story.

#7949 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sam Hulick scoring it? Seth Green back? Voice actors back in the studio? Large writing team (although uh oh, Mac Walters)?

I'm in.

Sounds like they're gearing up for the coup de grâce. I wonder exactly when on the citadel this will take place ;)

#7950 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

I know what it is.

Spoiler

zantar45.jpg