Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#8161 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Don't know how far down you have to go on the sellers list to find a complete copy, but used ME 2 CE on 360 start at around $20 bucks on Amazon. Just forget about ME 1 though.

I'm far too picky on CE's though to settle for anything less than new. I'll probably pick up the PC CE at somepoint.

#8162 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

A new/sealed copy of ME1 CE is going to cost you upwards of $500. No joke. You're better off accepting that you're going to spend around $120 on a 'previously owned by an adult' copy and need to be diligent in your search until you find the right one. Then ask a bunch of questions and make sure you're seeing real picks of the actual item. That's what I did and eventually came upon one that is darn near perfect for $100 on ebay. That was about 2 years ago.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#8163 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaked in new patch data
New co-op mode linked to your single-player decisions.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8164 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Man, they STILL haven't figured out how to stop missile glitchers? They're the main reason I stopped running Platinum (and probably fell out of the mp overall.) I enjoyed the free credits as much as the next guy, but that got boring fast.

Otherwise, the idea of Ultralight Materials for my shotties and snipers sure does sound nice.

I did some plat last night and ran into some good groups. Saving all credits for when the dlc hits.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8165 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

I'll be nuking spawns tonight if anyone wants to play

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8166 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'll be nuking spawns tonight if anyone wants to play

Me, Simosaurus and Solomsr were gonna get online tonight for the operation. So we're in. In fact, we were talking about regularly scheduled nights for everyone to get together for some ME3 MP. Friday night is a given fir the operation and we were also thinking Tuesday nights. We play a lot with some people from 2O2P. Good folks to chat with and most are darn good players as well.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8167 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'll try to get back on with you guys. Most fun I've had in the game has been playing with the dudes in this thread. Might have to wait until I clear out Ni No Kuni and Dead Space 3 though.

In other news, my Tali and Femshep play arts figs have shipped. Garrus will finally have some company!

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8168 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Dark Horse Comics has all of their digital video game-based comics on-sale starting today, all for $0.99 each:

https://digital.dark...r Sale now live

Includes the ME comics, plus other ones they've done (Darksiders, Prototype 2, Dragon Age, RAGE, SW: TOR).

#8169 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaked in new patch data
New co-op mode linked to your single-player decisions.

Wow, this has the potential to be really cool if it's done well.

#8170 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Wow, this has the potential to be really cool if it's done well.

I've been reading some more analysis and there are people who think the co-op claim is overblown or misinterpreted. But apparently the guy doing the datamining has been accurate with previous predictions. So I guess we'll see.

#8171 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've fallen in love with my geth infiltrator using Javalin VIII. Shooting stuff through walls makes it so easy.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8172 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Dark Horse Comics has all of their digital video game-based comics on-sale starting today, all for $0.99 each:

https://digital.dark...r Sale now live

Includes the ME comics, plus other ones they've done (Darksiders, Prototype 2, Dragon Age, RAGE, SW: TOR).

Yeah was just about to post that, good deal.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8173 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

It's a great deal! The evolution series is essential reading and the Homeworlds series ( - minus the horrid Vega issue) is great if you want insight into what was happening with major characters just before we meet up with them on screen. Great stuff. + Blasto. Nuff said.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8174 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Lol well since $0.99 picked em all up and it's like you know you can save getting the bundle Evolution #1-4 for $5.99. Um do you math? $15 out the wallet. Nah I didn't get Blasto, the main funny part that worked with that was the audio imo.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8175 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Robin Sachs, voice actor of Zaeed, has passed away. :cry: From his official site:

This is a post we never thought we would have to write…

It is with great sadness that we have to announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Robin Sachs.

Please join us in raising a glass to Robin – goodbye, dear friend. Thank you for all the laughter and the cookies. We will miss you so very much.

Di, Sharon and everyone at robinsachs.com

#8176 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Robin Sachs, voice actor of Zaeed, has passed away. :cry: From his official site:

What a shame. I had no idea he was Ethan Rayne from Buffy and the villain in Galaxy Quest. What an outstanding performance as Zaeed.

#8177 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

In honor of our favorite merc:

Good night, sweet prince. May the white horse take you to the furthest reaches of man’s imaginations.

#8178 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

R.I.P. :-s

#8179 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

What a shame. I had no idea he was Ethan Rayne from Buffy and the villain in Galaxy Quest. What an outstanding performance as Zaeed.

He was also apparently everyone in DA:O.

If it was today, it appears he died on his birthday too :( 62 is too young.

#8180 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Now it's gonna feel even sadder when Zaeed dies in ME2 for me :(

#8181 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Sad news. Looking at his IMDB page, I noticed he played Dr. Shepard in the movie "Ravager". Ravagers are, of course, a Reaper enemy. Meaning Zaeed was a figment of Shepard's imagination and tool of the Reapers! This explains everything!

#8182 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, sad news. Zaeed is my go-to guy in ME2 right now, so he'll live on in the Milky Way galaxy in our playthroughs. Sad news, but I'm glad a larger community gets to pay respect and remember his work. R.I.P.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8183 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

I always liked Zaeed, but he vaulted up to one of my favorite characters in the trilogy when I brought him along with my Adept for every mission in ME2. Even though you don't get the dialogue wheel with him on the ship, you get a great feel for the character out in the field. Hell, I liked the DLC humans (Zaeed and Kasumi) more than any other human squadmate in the trilogy.

Also, this:

#8184 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Skoolmunkee celebrate Zaeed post time:

Spoiler

I knew I recognized Zaeed's voice as the mayor of Redcliffe in DAO...

Posted Image

#8185 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

"Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it."

"White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

RIP Robin Sachs
Fight for the Lost

#8186 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

femshop best of the best banner coming soon!!

I'll have to use this one for a bit to change things up.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8187 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I really, really, really dislike the in game official model of her.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#8188 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

I really, really, really dislike the in game official model of her.

Well, we can't all be perfect :drool:

#8189 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

There's an article on Kotaku with some fan designs of new ME characters. Some of these are just awesome and I hope BW takes notice.

http://kotaku.com/mass-effect/

Simosaurus.png

#8190 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

There's an article on Kotaku with some fan designs of new ME characters. Some of these are just awesome and I hope BW takes notice.

http://kotaku.com/mass-effect/

Some interesting ideas. One of them looked like a Star Ocean/ME crossover. And several Jack redesigns for some reason.