Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#8281 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Just broke 4 million credits saved up. Was shooting for 5 million by Tuesday but 6 may be doable.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8282 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yeah when I learned there was one spot in that part you could cover in and overall be ok I was like ohhhhhhhh, was able to get it a lot easier then.

Finding that spot and hunkering down is what saved one of my controllers from meeting my TV in an ugly manner.

#8283 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Finding that spot and hunkering down is what saved one of my controllers from meeting my TV in an ugly manner.

Shrike, buddy, well said. That was a bear of a sequence in an otherwise tame mission. Felt good after that achievement popped.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#8284 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Shrike, buddy, well said. That was a bear of a sequence in an otherwise tame mission. Felt good after that achievement popped.

I can deal with getting mobbed, I can deal with getting mobbed on my own, though there were some cheap moments in that section of Arrival.

I think spamming Singularity with my Adept made parts of that easier to deal with, though often random spawning enemies tended to make things a bit cheap. Spamming Charge with my Vanguard seemed to be easier to deal with it as a whole.

#8285 SlimJim0725

SlimJim0725

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

If you are looking to save up credits for the DLC Tuesday I would suggest checking this out.

Speedrun Tutorial

A few buddies of mine teamed up with the guy making the video to give tutorials. They are also teaching on BSN, just look for the Team AreleX speedrun tutorial thread if interested.

#8286 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

So got Paragon Lost for my birthday and registered the code. What does it unlock for MP? Didn't say on the slip and doesn't say on BSN.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8287 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

It just unlocks a pack in MP. Nothing exciting, just some gear. I don't think you get any weapons or characters even. Hope you enjoy the movie! I liked it better than the DA movie from last year.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8288 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

I don't know why my post never went up but I basically said wow that's a beast of a speed run. If only I knew spawning was related to where you look!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8289 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Anyone else just watch that livestream of the new Reckoning DLC? Hoo boy. Wish I had saved up my credits like theredworm did.

Edit: had to come back and put in what I caught. I missed the beginning. I caught the Krogan with the hammer (works on a charge base for power, but his heavy melee is still the animation), an equip pack to add the Batarian melee to classes (yes, they used a volus as an example), the Alliance Infiltration Unit (EDI basically), Geth Juggernaut (missed most of that, did see some nice shield and drone powers), what I think was a batarian (right when I came in, it was the "archer class", much like the ballistic blades, but like a crossbow), and they danced around what the adept would be the entire stream. Right at the very very end, they snuck over to it.....looks like a Collector.

Forgot to mention the Turian female too. Had a charge-through attack like a Vanguard, but she phases through and damages enemies. Also a poison blade attack.

Anyone think this should be spoiler tagged?

Wanna see the Adept? Edit 2:
Spoiler

Edited by Lord_Kefka, 25 February 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#8290 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Anyone else just watch that livestream of the new Reckoning DLC? Hoo boy. Wish I had saved up my credits like theredworm did.

Ah, missed it. Loving the screenshots of the new characters though. Might have to blow the dust off.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8291 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Alright, instead of yet another edit, if you want to see a recording of the live demo go here:

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#8292 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

So Paramore put up this photo from one of their latest videos and I saw it on Facebook but I instantly thought:
Posted Image
Lol, anyone else?
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8293 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Here's the official Reckoning trailer:

#8294 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

My Body is Ready!

#8295 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Don't know if it's a different Twitch.TV footage but official Bioware one is:

#8296 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

I'm pretty impressed by this last bit of MP DLC. So many great things. From the Geth Juggernaut with those crazy shields and health, to the Batarian melee gear (volus w/ melee what???), to the omni crossbow, new challenges and banners, etc. The new adept has me scratching my head, though. I'm not too hung up on what would work in canon and what would not, but that just strikes me as odd. Why not a straight-up Prothean? That's like having a husk be like "hey dudes, don't shoot, I've had a change of heart. I'm not a good aim with an assault rifle, but I can lob some grenades or something." It's just odd. I wonder if it has something to do with the Citadel DLC?

Also, it's a crying shame we never got our throwback ME1 maps. Ilos and Virmire would've been badass. Same for no Omega MP maps. Those were screaming for multiplayer. Oh well. I'm perfectly content with what we're getting.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8297 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

popped the MP back in tonight...oh man its been a long time since I played. Holy rust batman!

#8298 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

That's like having a husk be like "hey dudes, don't shoot, I've had a change of heart. I'm not a good aim with an assault rifle, but I can lob some grenades or something."

Hey, I'd love a husk kit where my heavy melee was some frantic arm flailing followed by leaping into a trooper's arms...

Wow...that sounds....weird...

#8299 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I'm guessing the new Awakened Collector is a Leviathan thrall.

#8300 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

I'm guessing the new Awakened Collector is a Leviathan thrall.

Ooh now that's good. I'm a sucker for the leviathan alpha race and what it/they could mean for the future of the franchise.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8301 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Has anyone posted a list of all the new weapons included in the DLC? I saw the kits a couple pages back. I have about 2.5 mil saved up and I don't know whether to buy reserves packs or arsenal packs. I have dreadful luck with unlocks so probably won't be getting them all with my credits (still don't have the N7 Fury!)

#8302 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

7 weapons (4 are ultra rare)

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8303 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I hope we get a trailer for Citadel today.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8304 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I invited Wombat to the thread b/c apparently he didn't know there were so many CAG's that played the ME 3 MP regularly.

I guess it may be time for me to get back on the horse also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8305 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Looks like N7 HQ has updated with all of the new stuff for anyone trapped at work and curious like me.

#8306 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

all new rare stuff fully unlocked and awakened collector was the only new UR i pulled

did finally did my javalin X :)

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8307 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I invited Wombat to the thread b/c apparently he didn't know there were so many CAG's that played the ME 3 MP regularly.

Thank you, thank you!

#8308 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Oh, now you've done it. :wall:

Thank you, thank you!

That explains the smell of wombat in here. ;)

#8309 Phokal

Phokal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

- This game has one of the best Horde modes (maybe *the* best so far).

- All of the DLC for multiplayer has been free. Each includes new characters, which keeps things fresh (vs. Gears where each match feels the same).

- Matches only last 15-30 minutes; great for casual friends who don't have as much gaming time. You can also marathon several in a row if you want to earn some serious XP or in-game credits.

- The base game is only $14 right now on newegg. Because all the MP DLC has been free, it's been easy to get friends on parity and in the game with everything, cheaply.

This has been a great experiment and I've had a ton of fun with it. I'm kinda sad it's probably lightning in a bottle and that the next attempt will monetize it too much, or screw up something else...

#8310 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Got the Warlord in my gift pack. Time to smash!

Chubbyninja1319.png