Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#8311 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Unlocked the Awakened Collector, Cabal, and Juggernaut.

Simosaurus.png

#8312 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Early thoughts on the new characters? Hoping to break into the MP a little bit tonight.

#8313 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

I got one sexy robot, Infiltration Unit! Man, with the Snap Freeze and a powerful shotgun, bye bye armored units!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8314 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

Thank you, thank you!

Come play me3 you can hide behind my geth juggernaut.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8315 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Come play me3 you can hide behind my geth juggernaut.

No joke. That guy is off the chain. I don't have him yet but a couple buddies do. I'm really enjoying the Krogan Warlord.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#8316 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Krogan 4 Pack, wha wha? HA HAaaaaa
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8317 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Krogan warlord and the infiltration unit are darn near unkillable. Tons of fun! I'm having a somewhat difficult time deciding on a build/play strategy for the collector though. I specced him for max biotic dmg and he definitely kills tons of stuff, but seems not so durable and the recharge time on his sphere is pretty huge if you detonate it. I have a feeling the key is knowing when to activate his stance and when not to, but I don't quite have the hang of it. He is a pretty complex character.

#8318 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I throw spheres as an aoe primer and throw swarms for biotic explosions.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8319 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Yeah the Infiltration Unit is a perfect hit and run class. Get in close with a shotgun and then evade, dat backflip, or strategically retreat. ;)

#8320 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I haven't tried the vangaurd or engineer yet but all other classes are good

the adept's cooldowns suck even with ascension mode on

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8321 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I haven't tried the vangaurd or engineer yet but all other classes are good

the adept's cooldowns suck even with ascension mode on

Agreed. I think I have decided to focus more on his collector weapon bonuses. Use seeker swarm for the damage reduction, apply double DOT with dark channel and sphere, and just fire away. Right now I think he is actually my least favorite of the new classes and he was the ultra rare.

Though I also need more practice with the vanguard. I have a hard time hitting stuff with the charge. Pretty cool how you can travel through walls though.

Krogan warlord is my favorite. Absolute beast. You can stand toe to toe with two primes on gold and take them both out without going down. Don't try it with banshees though ;)

#8322 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

For those that want to see the goodies:

#8323 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Mass Effect 3: Citadel Achievements list

250 gamerscore.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8324 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Those achievements look like a lot of fun. There's definitely a Pinnacle Station vibe going on and I think that's awesome. All signs point to more than an hour or two mission.

And we get to throw a party. Nice.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8325 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I hope it lives up to the hype we're getting for it.

And it looks like Wii U users won't be able to get the Citadel DLC due to it being a 4GB download. Whoops.

#8326 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I hope it lives up to the hype we're getting for it.

Hey, no matter what, at least it'll be better than Omega!

#8327 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm going to wait for your guys' reviews this time. Omega was nice, but not $15 nice.

And it looks like Wii U users won't be able to get the Citadel DLC due to it being a 4GB download. Whoops.

Nintendon't etc etc.

#8328 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I'm going to wait for your guys' reviews this time. Omega was nice, but not $15 nice.

There's an achievement called "Throw a party for your friends." What more review do you need. :lol:

#8329 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

There's an achievement called "Throw a party for your friends." What more review do you need. :lol:

Posted Image

#8330 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hey, no matter what, at least it'll be better than Omega!

Having not done Omega yet, as I'm waiting on a sale (hopefully when Citadel launches, they'll discount Omega), I'll have to take your word on that.

Nintendon't etc etc.

Same here, going to wait out the reviews before throwing down the hard MSPs.

Just seemed like an odd footnote to the article that it couldn't be done on Wii U, mainly because I forgot that the Wii U was getting ME3. :lol:

Depends on the party in question, of course.

Edited by shrike4242, 01 March 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#8331 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

This is seriously my favorite post on the entire site.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8332 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Shepard, we all know you can't dance.

dealwithit.gif ;)

#8333 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Those achievements look like a lot of fun. There's definitely a Pinnacle Station vibe going on and I think that's awesome. All signs point to more than an hour or two mission.

And we get to throw a party. Nice.

Sounds...

Promising.

Please, BioWare. Please don't Fuck this up. Please let this be ME3's LotSB because it REALLY needs one right now.

Also, the achievement "The One and Only" (and to a lesser extent, "Simulated Hero") sounds a LOT like some sort of single-player off-shoot of the MP. Except with your squad. And all the powers/weapons/mods at your disposal.

Which sounds...awesome.

Damn, I really hate hyping myself up like this.
Fight for the Lost

#8334 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Come on Edge, embrace your inner fanboy! ;)

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8335 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Come on Edge, embrace your inner fanboy! ;)

He's in here, he already has.

Though, if this is a "high society" situation, will we get the fancy dress outfit for Shepard like we had for Stolen Memory?

#8336 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I need to get some serious weapon upgrades. I was having a great time with the Alliance Infiltration Unit, totally able to murder swarms of lower tier enemies. But against Banshees I was mostly tickling her with my shotty. That sounded so wrong. But the power set is fantastic, had more fun with her than my much desired Krogan Warlord that I unlocked later that night.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#8337 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Damn, I really hate hyping myself up like this.

Same here, but those achievements look promising. I'm way more excited for this than I was for Leviathan or Omega. Really hoping there is a ton of content with plenty of callbacks and references to the trilogy.

#8338 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I need to get some serious weapon upgrades. I was having a great time with the Alliance Infiltration Unit, totally able to murder swarms of lower tier enemies. But against Banshees I was mostly tickling her with my shotty. That sounded so wrong. But the power set is fantastic, had more fun with her than my much desired Krogan Warlord that I unlocked later that night.

She is insanely good. I use wraith x on her but have been tempted to try reegar or claymore or raider.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8339 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

He's in here, he already has.

Pretty much. I've got the ME games (all three, CE of 2/3), a couple of hoodies, a t-shirt or two, many lithographs, and now, I'm trying to find instructions (and necessary bricks) on how to build a LEGO Normandy/Kodiak in my spare time.

So, yea...inner fanboy embraced :lol:
Fight for the Lost

#8340 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I also unlocked the AIU last night and loved it/her. More than anything I was impressed by her blazing speed. I dare say she was even faster than my beloved Drell. A great hit-and-run character. I had her equipped with a Crusader against reapers and was able to quickly dispose of anything other than a Brute or a Banshee. But when the banshees would stop to dance with my teammate's juggernaut, I could just cloak and pop off repeated headshots at them.

Simosaurus.png