Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#8611 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

What's this I read about the singleplayer versions of the weapons being rebalanced to match the multiplayer versions?

I don't know, where did you read it?

#8612 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

What's this I read about the singleplayer versions of the weapons being rebalanced to match the multiplayer versions?

Gah, I hope not. See no real reason for it.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8613 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I don't know, where did you read it?

BSN. I can't find the thread now for the specifics, but they were saying that the balance changes in the latest patch also applied to the weapons in singleplayer.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8614 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't agree with everything you said, but I do respect your opinion. And that's fine. If that's what you believe, I won't try to change it.

Also, my favorite tracks from Citadel OST were The End & Farewell and Into the Inevitable.

And thank you sir for respecting it. I have played this so many times, and it may in fact just be my interpretation of her character through MY eyes, but she just spoke to me as going above and beyond to the point where her presence was generously missed throughout the entire ME2, until LotSB came out. Her actions and depth to what she did for him because of those feelings was bar none. The others never carried that weight with me, or felt more than a romance/fling. Tali idolizes Shepard as her White Knight, the ugly girl who got a rockstars attention, it feels more flight of fancy and star crush. Jack uses aggression as expression for the feelings, but always came across to me as more of an open lust over love. Miranda has passion toward Shepard in a way of being someone that can match her level, a mutually compatible and worthy mate. Ashley (other than the last game events which I have yet to finish with her) always seemed to WANT to be loved, but was too hung up on herself to open up or be IN love but rather in love with the idea of being so.

MP side, i am glad they gave the Talon some love, fixed the Hex Shield and hope that pertains to Scions not just Primes, and am sad all the promo weapons got added to the UR's as now the pool to get unlocks on stuff is nuuuuuuuts.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#8615 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

It would be nice if they increased the UR drop rate in the packs now. I have a lot of weapons to unlock now.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8616 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm taking my 360 offline if this is true. Because that is THE SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE I've ever seen from ANY developer.

If true.
Fight for the Lost

#8617 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

^I'm outta the loop, would this make the SP weapons stronger? I could only get my weapons to level 5 on my insanity playthrough, but that was plenty.

#8618 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

My favorite track was Citadel Underbelly, start the stealth and one man army sequence!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8619 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I'm taking my 360 offline if this is true. Because that is THE SINGLE STUPIDEST MOVE I've ever seen from ANY developer.

If true.

You do know most weapons have been buffed only a couple have been nerfed badly.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8620 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

It would be nice if they increased the UR drop rate in the packs now. I have a lot of weapons to unlock now.

84 more ur cards to unlock.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8621 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

You do know most weapons have been buffed only a couple have been nerfed badly.

I'm of the belief that MP and SP should be kept separate. In all situations. Regardless of buffs or nerfs in one or the other.

You can see it as a good thing and that's fine. I don't really care because it's beside the point.
Fight for the Lost

#8622 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Oh by the way it's great to hear Tricia Helfer's sexy voice again, this time as Kerrigan in SCII.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8623 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Good news - armor piercing omni bow works great

Bad news - the talon mercs shield/health is pathetic

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8624 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ok guys, I'm torn. Need some opinions.

So far I have only managed one playthrough of ME3 as an engineer before becoming hooked on the multiplayer and devoting most of my gaming time to it. I'm finally to the point where I think I want to step back from it for a while. I'm currently playing through ME1 again as an adept because I still haven't hit lvl 60 in it. I want to take that character all the way through the trilogy, but having not done an insanity run on ME3 yet would it be wiser to just continue with my engineer since I will be able to level weapons past 5 and already have good gear? I have pretty limited gaming time so it will most likely take me several months to complete all 3 games again. I have played quite a bit of multi (mainly silver with the occasional gold) so do you think I will be ok on insanity with a fresh profile? Thanks for the input.

#8625 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

You're going to have a big advantage with an ME3-import character who's able to upgrade weapons to X. That said, the game's not super difficult compared to ME2, so it's not like you absolutely need every advantage possible. I'd say make the decision based on which class suits your play style the best.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8626 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

You're going to have a big advantage with an ME3-import character who's able to upgrade weapons to X. That said, the game's not super difficult compared to ME2, so it's not like you absolutely need every advantage possible. I'd say make the decision based on which class suits your play style the best.

THIS.

If you want to do it just for the run, use your buffed dude. If you want it for a full actual playthrough, story and all to just accomplish it, use whatever you wanna run with.

PS, finally got my mic cords from Turtle Beach (bought a spare this time) so i am back in the chat box again.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#8627 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Thanks guys. Guess I will have to see how confident I am feeling in my combat ability by then. Going from ME3 - ME1 is a HUGE adjustment in combat flow. The cover system in 1 is very hit or miss. I got one hit killed by the first geth rocket drone on Eden Prime lol. I imagine it will be an adjustment going back the other way as well. Hopefully playing through 2 in the middle will give me time to get used to it.

#8628 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Since it's Pi day, (3-14), Amazon has a bunch of mp3 albums below that price. Pick up ME3 Extended Cut OST for 2.99 here.
Sam Hulick really knows how to tug at your heartstrings.

#8629 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

If I do a new game plus (once I finally breakdown and buy Omega) with my FemShep will it pull all the choices she did in the first two games as before?

#8630 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

If I do a new game plus (once I finally breakdown and buy Omega) with my FemShep will it pull all the choices she did in the first two games as before?

As far as i am aware yes, i am looking to work through Omega tonight or tomorrow (not tomorrow night though as it is DUDEBRO MASS EFFECT MEGA FORCE NIGHT!!!!.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#8631 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Since it's Pi day, (3-14), Amazon has a bunch of mp3 albums below that price. Pick up ME3 Extended Cut OST for 2.99 here.

That reminds me, I need to convert the WAV files in the freely-released version of ME3 EC OST they had when it came out into MP3s.

#8632 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

That reminds me, I need to convert the WAV files in the freely-released version of ME3 EC OST they had when it came out into MP3s.

I would be interested in those MP3s if you don't mind uploading them somewhere.
Posted Image

#8633 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Yes, I too got them freely when they first came out.

As for conversions, I use: http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/index.htm

#8634 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

I would be interested in those MP3s if you don't mind uploading them somewhere.

I will be happy to get that taken care of when I get a chance to get them converted.

Same for the Citadel soundtrack as well, if they're WAV files.

#8635 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I will be happy to get that taken care of when I get a chance to get them converted.

Same for the Citadel soundtrack as well, if they're WAV files.

They are. Thanks in advance! The officially released tracks will hold me over for a while. I'm waiting for this guy to sort through all of the Citadel tracks and mix them into a longer score. He's done it for all three games, so hopefully he knocks Citadel out, too.
Posted Image

#8636 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Posted Image

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8637 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yup, classic.

#8638 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

COME AT ME BROOOOOOOOOO!!! always a fave of mine.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#8639 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Wish I had looked at BSN become I clicked the link as the Extended Cut soundtrack is still free to download through BSN. Gave up $3 I didn't have to. :(

The free version is the exact same as the $3 Amazon one, just double checked it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#8640 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ahh sorry Hitman, yeah I didn't know the free version was still up. Well like usually you'll save some cash if you're in the know.