Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#8701 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wow, guess they weren't done with DLC after all. Here's a video, the new content that wasn't in the original Genesis starts at around 18:45.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8702 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Genesis 2 is just porting over the digital comic from ME 3 Wii U just like they did with the comic for the PS3 version in ME 2.

#8703 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

i threw money at it just to shorten playthroughs with other classes i wanna try.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#8704 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

It's nice that they put this kind of stuff out. Not having to play through ME1/2 saves a lot of time.

It just sucks that they aren't more comprehensive. Seems like a cash grab.
Fight for the Lost

#8705 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

oh it is lol, but for a few bucks it saves me going through content I have done 3 times fully and move to the ME3 stuff I haven't yet ran through. The money spent is worth the 30-50 Hours it saves IMO.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#8706 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Anybody here thinking about getting this?

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

Looks like much better quality then the previous releases so far.

#8707 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'm definitely getting Genesis 2. Just because I want to see the content and it will make future playthroughs quicker.

As for the SR-1 replica, I decided to not get it. I'm fine with the SR-2 one. If they guaranteed a huge quality jump then maybe.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8708 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

Anybody here thinking about getting this?

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_t_4

Looks like much better quality then the previous releases so far.

Avoid it like the plague.

As Chubbs said, unless they can GUARANTEE a significant quality jump, don't bother. Dark Horse's ME products have been terrible so far. Why stop now?
Fight for the Lost

#8709 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm definitely getting Genesis 2. Just because I want to see the content and it will make future playthroughs quicker.

As for the SR-1 replica, I decided to not get it. I'm fine with the SR-2 one. If they guaranteed a huge quality jump then maybe.

If I read it right, Genesis 2 covers the events of ME1 + ME2, so there's no need to get Genesis 1 which does just ME1.

#8710 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yeah but $4!, sorry I guess I'm true much of a CAG lol to pick that up?
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8711 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Yeah but $4!, sorry I guess I'm true much of a CAG lol to pick that up?

Dunno, feel like Mass Effect overrides the majority of our CAG sides, especially in this thread.

#8712 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Dunno, feel like Mass Effect overrides the majority of our CAG sides, especially in this thread.

this. coming from the guy that bought all the ME1 wallpapers... and i don't think i have ever used them.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#8713 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

wasn't going to play me3coop last night, played two plats and extracted, finally get an UR upgrade
Harrier 6

damn you game, keep me coming back

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8714 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Members of the team look back on the Mass Effect trilogy and share their personal experiences and stories.

BLOG: MIKE GAMBLE
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8715 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Another good "look back" blog post. I'd really like it if they started to share more about the development of the game and dlc. For instance, I'd love to hear the initial thoughts regardi g the multi. I wonder how it evolved.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8716 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Just wanted to say from that article, dat ship!
Posted Image

#8717 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

http://blog.bioware....yer-map-survey/

they are doing a survey about multiplayer maps if you have a few minutes to fill it out

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8718 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

http://blog.bioware....yer-map-survey/

they are doing a survey about multiplayer maps if you have a few minutes to fill it out

On it! Hahaha I got London and Vancouver mixed up, wow. Both I didn't necessarily like either.

Mmmm, hard to pick my favorite map but I eventually went down to Jade. We needed more maps with a Salarian world setting and I loved the height variety on that map.

Edited by Spybreak8, 10 April 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#8719 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

I filled out the survey. It made me want to jump back in for a few golds.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8720 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Well ex co-founder Greg disputes the perception of EA. I'd have to say he probably wouldn't talk about the publisher forcing them to release the game and thus rushing finalizing the product, as it initially just seemed rushed imo. Looking forward to what they can do with the resources that they have now for ME4.

#8721 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Well ex co-founder Greg disputes the perception of EA. I'd have to say he probably wouldn't talk about the publisher forcing them to release the game and thus rushing finalizing the product, as it initially just seemed rushed imo. Looking forward to what they can do with the resources that they have now for ME4.

Right now I'm just more excited to see a ME universe game on the Frostbite (3.0?) engine (and dragon age for that matter). I'm highly cautious about any new story direction.

#8722 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Right now I'm just more excited to see a ME universe game on the Frostbite (3.0?) engine (and dragon age for that matter). I'm highly cautious about any new story direction.

ME4, ME universe game yes that's what I meant.

#8723 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Because if he said something bad about EA, it could come back and bite him (or the rest at BioWare) in the ass. I'm still surprised how many people people bash Activision for releasing CoD year after year, when EA gets a free pass for Madden, Tiger Woods, and just about every other stupid move they've done. "Worst Company of the Year"? More like "Worst Company of the Decade".

And yes, I'm cautiously optimistic about what happens next in the ME universe. I'm just worried what EA will do to the final product.
Fight for the Lost

#8724 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

I just learned it's Mass Effect week over at Kotaku.

#8725 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

There's a good article in the latest issue of OXM (June 2013) that has the series main contributors providing insight into the series. It includes Casey Hudson, Preston Watamaniuk, Mac Walters and more. Nothing earth shattering, but it's interesting to hear their thoughts on character deaths, why we didn't have an elcor squadmate, etc.

Plus.....I hated seeing our beloved thread so far down on the page. Just being honest. ;)
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8726 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

I've moved on to my backlog. Having a hard time getting started in skyrim. Keep getting distracted by minecraft.

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8727 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Thanks Chubbs, I might check out the digital version of that, just got a Android tablet.

Yeah haha Minecraft does that to you, aside from Pinball FX 2.

#8728 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Ok, so I think I know the answer already but I would like confirmation

I got the digital deluxe version of ME2 on PC, then later got the vanilla version on Xbox as well. Since BSN kept track of your in game content, I was able to use the bonuses (collector armor & incisor) on both versions.

When I got ME3 I got the vanilla Xbox version, and after seeing how good the N7 weapons are in MP I'm kicking myself. I see this week on GMG the digital deluxe version of ME3 for PC is $12.

So my question is does it work the same way? If I bought it on PC would I be able to use the bonuses on the Xbox version? Or did they change it when they made it activate on Origin. Thanks.

Edited by Feeni, 22 April 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#8729 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'd save the money. The N7 weapons aren't that great in singleplayer. You get better weapons as the story goes on. Or, if you really want good weapons, buy one of the weapon packs. Some good weapons in those and cheaper.
Fight for the Lost

#8730 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm not only interested in the weapons. I like having the games on both platforms, plus am interested in the comic, soundtrack, etc that comes with it. I was just wondering if it was even possible to share the weapons across platforms like it was with the second.