• Please log in to reply
9553 replies to this topic

#8761 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

just let me choose what race I am

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8762 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Here's my idea for ME4. $It's set x00 years in the future after the conclusion of ME3. $Only Liara and maybe Grunt are still alive, due to their species long life span. $The Normandy is an antique in a war museum on Earth. $Civilization rebuilt and has carried on from the events of the Reaper threat. $Shepard is remembered as a hero, a bloody icon. $Not only for humans, but for all species. $A statue dedicated to him (yes him!) has been erected on the Citadel, which has been rebuilt and expanded upon with satellite installations.

Life is good for the galaxy until the Leviathan emerge. $Now feeling safe from the Reapers, they have built up their numbers and want to retake their spot as the dominant sentience in the galaxy. $The are prepared to do so using the tactics they employed before. $Namely, mind control and brute force when necessary. $They've already taken over the Yahg species and are apparently looking for species similarly closed off from the galactic community or haven't developed to that level yet (new critters!).

In order to combat this threat, the galaxy must reassemble and it is determined that large scale AI is needed to fend the Leviathan off. $We need to build Reapers. $The quarians and salarians are the only races with the scientific and technological capability to construct such a thing. $Yet, the quarians refuse, having learned the error of their ways. $A small, but diverse, team of ambassadors are deployed to the Quarians to convince them to cooperate. $That's when the Leviathan strike.

ME3 spoilers ahead, so beware!

Okay, so obviously, I haven't touched on the geth. $I could accept a 'canon' ending being chosen for me (I'd prefer destroy) or maybe my story could work carrying over your decision from ME3. $I think just about everything could be easily worked into the story. $If you chose control, by that time the remaining Reapers would have pulled back into deep space (maybe the goal is to get word to the reapers to come help!), If you chose destory they're now gone and Shepard would have died due to the Human's short life span or died on the citadel at the end of ME3. $If you carry over a save and chose green/assimilate, maybe you get an extra mission with the Geth and everyone has that faint green techno dna glow thing going on. $All three endings can be covered with relative ease from a story perspective.

In order to get back to the RPG roots, you could have a dragon age origins like option to select your character. $You could choose the Human diplomat (a descendant of a Normandy crew member maybe? $James Vega's grandson/daughter maybe?) driven into battle when the leviathan strike, or the reluctant Quarian chief engineer that makes a difficult decision that puts him/her at odds with his people when the leviathan attack, or how about the plucky, brash young Asari who is accompanying her matriarch, who is killed, when the leviathan attack? $You could have 3 to 6 different species to choose from and then the story moves forward and you pick up a new crew and operate out of one of the new, top secret Destiny Ascension like Citadel installations as your home base. $You have a cutting edge space fighter to use in space battle (yes! $space battles that you command!), but it's different than the Normandy in that the new ship is small, like an X-wing.

So, it does mimic the original ME games in a way with the "big threat, need to fight them off with an alliance of diverse species", but you're going in hardened and the galaxy is less naive. $The Leviathan race is acknowledged (because Shepard told Liara all about it, of course, who shared the info with the galaxy's academic and military community) yet there are still a lot of unknowns. $To me, this does four things 1) it moves the story forward but doesn't bring anybody back from the dead 2) it moves it away from Shepard, the Normandy and the Reapers 3) yet, it is familiar enough to make you feel comfortable and 4) leans the RPG/Shooter angle of the ME games back to the RPG side a bit yet introduces fresh and exciting things like space battles that you command.

What do you think? $Anybody from Bioware trolling the CAG forums that want to swipe my idea?? $:P $
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8763 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Chubby, it sounds like you have already built up another nice little sequel in your head. Let's plug you into an HDMI cable and see how that all plays out. :)

My first choice for ME4 would be the story of the First Contact War. I think that even though we know the outcome, there is a lot of potential material to mine there. We could be given the option to play it through as a human and then a second playthrough as Turians, Asari or Salarians to get the Council POV on the conflict. Plenty of options there. The thing is, this all seems like one, stand alone game, and not a new trilogy.

As for delving into the future and "What's next?" in the post-Sheppard universe, I don't have any big ideas. However, I'm sure that the big brains over at Bioware could come up with something down the road.

Simosaurus.png

#8764 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Results of the MP survey, reading it now.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8765 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Posted Image

#8766 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

Anyone not seen this? Only come across it recently

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#8767 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Still my favorite Mass Effect comic:
Posted Image
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8768 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Haha I hadn't seen that yet.

Just throwing my opinion out there, I would also like a first contact war scenario. Maybe some build up with how we found the mass relays, etc. Although, they could really blow up the franchise and produce games from every angle of the universe and I'd foam at the mouth for all of them.

#8769 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Just finished up ME2 playthrough #6, ready to crack open my N7 edition for PS3 and start Mass Effect 3 playthrough #4. :D

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8770 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Came across this today with the caption, "He's not going on a journey now."

Heh.

Simosaurus.png

#8771 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Poor Bilbo. He's just simple Hobbit.

I'm putzing with my Bioshock Infinite 1999 mode playthrough now, but I can't stop playing ME3 MP.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8772 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Mass Effect costumes landing on LittleBigPlanet May 21

I suddenly regret selling the copy of LBP2 that came with my PS3. :lol:

#8773 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Still my favorite Mass Effect comic:
Posted Image

That's my least favorite b/c that comic is why we had static loading screens for 2 & 3 instead of cool interactions with the crew or news announcements in the universe.

#8774 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

I never had a problem with the elevators and I thought the news reports were interesting and tied your actions into the wold around you. Maybe I'm just too forgiving of ME1 or something.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8775 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

Yeah, I never minded the elevators and it was cool that it gave the characters a chance to converse a bit. I think people just perceive the loading screens as shorter (though they're probably not).

#8776 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

That's my least favorite b/c that comic is why we had static loading screens for 2 & 3 instead of cool interactions with the crew or news announcements in the universe.

I sure as hell hope you don't think the comic itself is to blame. If I blame anyone, I blame BioWare for taking the easiest way out.

Why?

Because here's a simple fix they could've implemented for 2/3: Have more news broadcasts, squad banter, etc. Don't give me that garbage that the comic/fans are to blame. That's just living in denial. People wouldn't have cared about a long elevator ride if BioWare had made the damn thing LIVELIER. NOT QUIET.

Go ahead and tell me you wouldn't have preferred that. And tell me that BioWare COULDN'T have done that. They could've. They just didn't FEEL like it.
Fight for the Lost

#8777 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

People wouldn't have cared about a long elevator ride if BioWare had made the damn thing LIVELIER. NOT QUIET.

True. I'm replaying ME1 again and in general, the elevators don't bother me much. It's only the rides where nothing happens that are a nuisance (especially that one on the Normandy). However, isn't this pretty much how most elevator rides go in real life? Everyone shuffles in and then there's 1 - 3 minutes of awkward silence as they stare at the doors. I usually don't use the ride as an opportunity to discuss my family history or critique another passenger's choice in clothing.

Anyway, they don't bother me too much now, but I didn't miss them in ME2 or 3.

Simosaurus.png

#8778 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

I usually don't use the ride as an opportunity to discuss my family history or critique another passenger's choice in clothing.

Especially if they have a shotgun.

#8779 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yeah there are a lot of times when you'd use an elevator and nobody would say anything and I'm just staring at close ups of asses. 8-)

They needed that banter, which worked well tying all the characters into a sort of family, throughout the missions in between the firefights. We got this later on when Bioware refined how to layout their mission structure. I compare this to the banter your NPC buddies would give you while you drove around in Grand Theft Auto. Often at times you could sit before you get to the designated spot and they would continue to talk about what's going on/what needs to get done.

Ahahaha I just pictured Roman, Niko's cousin, saying hey man wanna go see some titties!, cut to Asari dancing on the table at Omega.

#8780 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Especially if they have a shotgun.

Nice!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8781 Willy6500

Willy6500

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

Can't justify 1200 points for this, although I want to check it out..

#8782 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Can't justify 1200 points for this, although I want to check it out..

???

Are you referring to the Citadel DLC? If so it is totally worth the 1200 points. There are discussions about it several pages back. If you are referring to something else can you enlighten us?

#8783 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah I'm guessing they were referring to the Citadel DLC as that's what's in the title. It is also very very much worth that, imo.

#8784 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm getting it for $5 essentially as soon as my 1200 MSP from microsoft store clears. :D

#8785 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Awesome, Jennifer Hale stops by IGN.
http://go.ign.com/13QmSAP

#8786 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Awesome, Jennifer Hale stops by IGN.
http://go.ign.com/13QmSAP

Outstanding.

#8787 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

If anyone is interested, the first (and best) of the ME books, Revelations, is only .99 for kindle on Amazon. I was thinking of reading it again and for that price, why not.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8788 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

If anyone is interested, the first (and best) of the ME books, Revelations, is only .99 for kindle on Amazon. I was thinking of reading it again and for that price, why not.

Yeah thanks for the heads up. It'll be nice to have the digital version whenever for $1.

#8789 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'm thinking of getting this one.

http://www.amazon.co...d=II3S46584YUT0

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#8790 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

If it collects all the comics, why is it volume 1?