Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9629 replies to this topic

#8851 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Mark Meer, voice of the male Commander Shepard, recently did a great interview with Video Game Sophistry and talked about his experiences working on the Mass Effect series.

Listen to the interview here: http://bit.ly/19nXuHF

Edited by Spybreak8, 21 June 2013 - 07:05 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8852 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

There are also 2 parts to a Drew Karpyshyn interview.

#8853 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

Welp, I just finished my ME2 insanity run. Wayyy easier than I had been led to believe. I actually checked the setting a few times to make sure the difficulty hadn't changed somehow. I played as a soldier, and I must say mattock + ammo powers + adrenaline rush = death to everything. I keep hearing that ME3 insanity is easier than 2, so I doubt I will have much trouble using my ME2 Shepard instead of rolling over my ME3 Shepard. Looking forward to it! Guess I will have to break down and buy Omega during this playthrough since it hasn't been on sale yet :/

#8854 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

I'm just about finished up with my ME1 Insanity run.  Just a couple Rachni missions then Virmire and ending sequence to go.  Breezing through at level 60 now

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#8855 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Good work, Feeni! Yeah ME3 on insanity wasn't bad at all. I finished Me2 on insanity earlier this year and now I'm going back to ME1. Need to finish off my engineer play through on normal then I want do beat it on insanity. I'm not sure which class to go with. I've heard soldier for adrenaline rush or adept for the biotic powers are the best.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8856 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I did ME1 immediately before with an adept and it was a breeze. Once you get the bastion specialization it's great to use stasis on something then just fire away at it. Barrier is useful too, though it's not quite as strong as immunity if you were to play as a soldier. Either is a great choice, really it depends if you would rather use weapons or powers.

Edit: guess I should have mentioned I was lvl 60 with full spectre master gear.

#8857 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

I had the hardest trouble with ME2 on the collector platforms and that part on Horizon with the Scions, yea, THAT part. ME3 has been pretty easy so far with a Sentinel, but I'm only through Mars.

Anyway, Bioware has confirmed they will be talking Mass Effect at Pax Australia (July 19-21)! I hope this is new talk and not retrospective.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#8858 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Infiltrator can take the Immunity route through ME1 Insanity as well, if you feel so inclined. I know it's kind of the cheesy way out, but I had no interest in mastering the combat of the first game. I was happy to do it  :)

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in beta! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8859 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

Edit: guess I should have mentioned I was lvl 60 with full spectre master gear.

Yeah that was the main caveat for me, full Spectre gear & weapons really goes a long way.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8860 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

Yep, level 60 Adept on my ME1 Insanity run. It's been very easy with full spectre gear, colossus armor, maxed singularity, etc. hopefully will wrap it up this week

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

#8861 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

I think my level 59 character is a Soldier so I'll probably go that way in ME1.

As for PAX and SDCC, I expect them to talk mainly about the new comic series starting next month, Foundations. It sounds like it features a new character in some way and sheds more light in key events, like Ashley fighting to survive on Eden prime. It's more ME story stuff, so I'm pretty excited.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8862 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Jennifer Hale speaks about her two decades voice-acting, fame and garnering respect in games.

Just once, I would love to see an article mention the Mass Effect series without getting into the ending "controversy." :P

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8863 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Jennifer Hale speaks about her two decades voice-acting, fame and garnering respect in games.

Just once, I would love to see an article mention the Mass Effect series without getting into the ending "controversy." :P

Good article, though I agree that it would be nice to have a ME article not bitch about the ending. :roll:

In other news, made it through most of Citadel and have been pretty impressed with it.  It's certainly fan service and dripping with so many good lines/dialogue exchanges, it's almost criminal.

#8864 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

I finished up my ME1 insanity run last night. I've played through it probably 8 times now and the ending sequence STILL gives me chills. Seeing Sovereign arrive at the Citadel, Shepard at the end of ME1, etc is still one of the best moments in gaming.

#8865 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

I picked up ME1 again last night.  Kinda funny, as much as I love this game, it can be boring at times.  :dunce:

I picked up on the Citadel and then headed over to Noveria and the non-combat sequences can drag on a bit. I actually fell asleep and woke up with the camera swinging around as my thumb was still on the stick.  Doh!  I just need to get in the groove since I came off of action heavy games wtih Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. 

Once I get through this Engineer playthrough, THEN I'll tackle my insanity run with the soldier.

XX_Update_XX

I played again tonight and it all came back to me pretty quickly.  I'm still on Noveria but well into the mission.  And, seriously, I don't know why most people hate on the Mako so much.  Every time I get into that buggy I'm having fun.  Yes, driving it is like trying to perform surgery with a pool noodle, but it's fun. 

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8866 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

I prefer the Mako to the "two hits and you explode" Hammerhead.

#8867 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

In other news, I went through more of Citadel this weekend, though I'm wondering, what's the difference between a Paragon pull-up and a Renegade pull-up? :rofl:

I went through that sequence three times before I finished it, since I drifted off for a moment the previous two times, the second time being less than 20 from the end. :wall:   Damn 2AM gaming.

I picked up ME1 again last night.  Kinda funny, as much as I love this game, it can be boring at times.  :dunce:

I picked up on the Citadel and then headed over to Noveria and the non-combat sequences can drag on a bit. I actually fell asleep and woke up with the camera swinging around as my thumb was still on the stick.  Doh!  I just need to get in the groove since I came off of action heavy games wtih Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. 

Once I get through this Engineer playthrough, THEN I'll tackle my insanity run with the soldier.

XX_Update_XX

I played again tonight and it all came back to me pretty quickly.  I'm still on Noveria but well into the mission.  And, seriously, I don't know why most people hate on the Mako so much.  Every time I get into that buggy I'm having fun.  Yes, driving it is like trying to perform surgery with a pool noodle, but it's fun. 

ME1 isn't an action-packed as ME2 or ME3, though I think the story is better than the latter two games. 

That is pretty funny about falling asleep with the controller during some of the non-combat sequences.  Was it an elevator that did you in? ;)

I prefer the Mako to the "two hits and you explode" Hammerhead.

No question there.  Heavy armor > vertical flight.

#8868 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

What were they thinking with that Hammerhead. The parts with the turrets in Overlord are near unplayable. You breathe on the controller wrong and the thing blows up!

#8869 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

What were they thinking with that Hammerhead. The parts with the turrets in Overlord are near unplayable. You breathe on the controller wrong and the thing blows up!

That's why learned exactly how long range the Hammerhead's gun would fire because I would snipe at long range to try and not get killed by a wet sneeze hitting the hull.

#8870 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

That's why learned exactly how long range the Hammerhead's gun would fire because I would snipe at long range to try and not get killed by a wet sneeze hitting the hull.

Hover strafe strafe hover strafe hover hover strafe.

#8871 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Good point.

#8872 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Only way to get through that part.

Sadly putting ME on the backburner for a little bit, currently have AC2, The Witcher 2, New Vegas (2nd playthrough), Kingdoms of Amalur, and Far Cry 3 to push through.  So many games so little time...

#8873 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Dude, I hear ya.  This XBL Games on Demand sale is going to add to my backlog significantly and I've been thinking about going back to Amalur for a while.  That's a great game, right there.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8874 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

For anyone that was waiting, Omega DLC is 50% off right now. Credit to MJKjets in the deals thread. Not sure if this a weekly special, but it appears so far that it is unannounced. Go go!

However, Citadel is still full price.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#8875 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yessssss!!!

#8876 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah it's the sale in the Kinect Central section if you're looking for it but it's legit, Major Nelson posted it on his blog. Only available on sale today through next Monday.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#8877 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I sure hope every 360 owner who doesn't have it already buys Mass Effect 1 for $5. :D

#8878 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Damn, still waiting for Citadel sale. Omega is worth half price though (7.50).

#8879 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

I sure hope every 360 owner who doesn't have it already buys Mass Effect 1 for $5. :D

Holy hell right, this should be a law haha.

#8880 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Problem is that all the dudebro-types that went to ME2 because it was more shooter than RPG might not like ME1 because it's more RPG than shooter.