Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#8881 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Gears of War Senior Producer Chris Wynn is joining Bioware for the next Mass Effect game.

https://twitter.com/...140444852953088

Thrilled to announce that I will be joining @Bioware as the Sr. Development Director on the next Mass Effect!

#8882 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

With the Omega sale, the only piece of ME story DLC I'm missing now is Pinnacle Station...gonna have to fight the temptation to get it!

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#8883 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Gears of War Senior Producer Chris Wynn is joining Bioware for the next Mass Effect game.

Dudebro shooter confirmed.

#8884 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

With the Omega sale, the only piece of ME story DLC I'm missing now is Pinnacle Station...gonna have to fight the temptation to get it!

I bought it several months ago because I had extra points and was starting a fresh ME1 playthrough. I regretted it. Wish I had those points back now for the awesome GonD sale going on now.

#8885 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Eh, I liked Pinnacle Station, it was a neat little arcade simulator but yeah it was a huge bummer that you couldn't earn any experience for it. I did get the achievements for it which were not easy (to be best with each arena and objective/beat the later challenge). The station has a cool view and is an easter egg in ME3.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#8886 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Eh, I liked Pinnacle Station, it was a neat little arcade simulator but yeah it was a huge bummer that you couldn't earn any experience for it. I did get the achievements for it which were not easy (to be best with each arena and objective/beat the later challenge). The station has a cool view and is an easter egg in ME3.

I was mainly commenting about the price. When Bring Down the Sky can be had for $1, there is no excuse for Pinnacle Station to cost more than that. Not even half as good as BDTS.

#8887 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

Still, if you are a completionist, Pinnacle Station is a must.  My first time playing it I couldn't stand it, but on my 2nd playthrough I got into it and really had a good time.  Got all the achievements and everything, which isn't too hard with a high level character.  

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#8888 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

It's impossible on insanity. And I don't mean really hard. I mean game broken impossible.

#8889 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

How many more people are going to leave Epic? I think that's a much better question.

#8890 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

It's impossible on insanity. And I don't mean really hard. I mean game broken impossible.

Yeah I don't think I was on insanity but I was on a harder level the first time and had more fun the second time when it was a little easier.

Besides, that DLC gives you great gear from your new apartment if you rock it that is.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#8891 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

By the time I played Pinnacle Station I already had Spectre gear that was better than what the dlc gives. So I was a bit disappointed in that too.

#8892 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

By the time I played Pinnacle Station I already had Spectre gear that was better than what the dlc gives. So I was a bit disappointed in that too.

What about your squad mates? I liked how you could pull some strings at your new apartment and request better stuff because you know you're going up against unimaginable odds lol.

#8893 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

What about your squad mates? I liked how you could pull some strings at your new apartment and request better stuff because you know you're going up against unimaginable odds lol.

Dude, I so do not remember that. Dammit, I guess I will do pinnacle station this play through after all.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8894 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

Well, finished omega yesterday. Glad I waited for a sale. The new enemies were pretty cool, but about halfway through it I was sick of the dark and dull environments. Plus no real long term implications other than a few war assets. Flare is a pretty cool bonus power, but the cooldown is pretty big so I'm not sure if it will fit in with my power strategy overall. For anyone on the fence, I would say Omega is worth the 600 points. There's a lot of fun in there, and some pretty good loot throughout.

#8895 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Started new game plus with my FemShep and am currently at the point where I can do the Omega/Leviathan DLC's which I hadn't touched yet (did do Citadel on first playthrough but will do it again eventually.)

Changing two things in my NG Plus playthrough, one of which is already taken care of.

Spoiler

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8896 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yeah, I'll pick up Pinnacle Station for my next runthrough of ME1 probably.  I'll start a brand new character on casual difficulty so it should be a fun change of pace.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#8897 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

lol 5 Fun Facts for ME3.

http://youtu.be/-vyev2eUipc

Edited by Spybreak8, 10 July 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#8898 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:37 AM

Kinda funny, but you can tell they're not really that serious fans of the series.  It's all pretty common knowledge stuff.  Even the ME: Assault tidbit.  They even have prototype footage in the ME3: Last Hours app.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8899 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Incredible treasure trove of Mass Effect and Dragon Age concept art...

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8900 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Awesome find, Ryu. 

#8901 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

That was a great blog post!  Beyond the art, some of which has been put out there already, the commentary was really interesting.  I love those Shepard/Saren concepts!  He said a couple things that seemed to confirm things related to ME3's ending that I thought were interesting.  Particularly about the state of the Mass Relays post end.  His comments seemed firm, as in, "these things happened" vs "what Shepard thinks is happening" i.e. indoctrination theory. 

Also, the new ME comic: Foundation started this week.  It's a good read, but it is purely an introduction and origin of the "new" character that will be featured in some way throughout the 12 week run of this series.  I like it, but I don't know that I'd recommend dropping $4 on it. 

Chubbyninja1319.png

#8902 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

For those that didn't get it, Leviathan is on sale again for 1/2 off it looks like according to the Deals forum.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#8903 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I miss this thread  :(

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8904 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Already linked in the Minecraft thread, but...

Minecraft Mass Effect Mashup Announced

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#8905 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

I was just playing multiplayer last night. My how things have changed. So many more MP characters now.

#8906 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

I was just playing multiplayer last night. My how things have changed. So many more MP characters now.

Man, I can imagine. Still a lot of people playing? I think the update with the Volus characters is the last one I checked in for. Kinda want to hop back on for a while before I let my XBL subscription lapse.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8907 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Man, I can imagine. Still a lot of people playing? I think the update with the Volus characters is the last one I checked in for. Kinda want to hop back on for a while before I let my XBL subscription lapse.

I had no problem joining full bronze, silver and gold games with no people dropping out. I just didn't have a very good character build to use. Spent a lot of time in gold spectating the geth juggernaut and volus adept essentially doing the themselves between the two of them.

#8908 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I haven't played MP in a few weeks but I've been getting the bug. Such a great game.

Can't wait for the minecraft pack tomorrow!!!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#8909 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Thought you guys would like this one.

Sprites are red lightning that occur above the clouds during thunderstorms, making them incredibly difficult to see and study. To search for sprites, researchers must take to the skies during a storm to get the best possible view from this phenomenon. Though they only last a fraction of a second, they are capable of taking on many shapes.

More info: http://bit.ly/17vMjgn

1235374_658928607461487_1718640442_n.jpg

Reapers!

#8910 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G--vWOj1hRU

Look at that attention to detail lol.