Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9554 replies to this topic

#9271 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

Wouldn't they just be able to get around any issues by saying that it's been 100s of years later, so of course machines have been rebuilt?  Regardless of your choice, different species would have created and crafted machines after a few years.  You could even recreate Geth, as they're a programmed grouping. 

As for the green glow, that seems to be something that could easily be a modified choice.  It might even be like Mass Effect 2 asking what you chose at the end of Mass Effect.  Either it flips every characters eyes green or not.  I don't think they'll be too deep with the previous game choices, only slight influence. 

Though wouldn't it be impossible to have a Synthesis ending and then have a problem or conflict in a later game?  Wouldn't everyone be aware, and almost shared in mind (including machines, meaning they couldn't even go rogue)?  Wouldn't it be paradoxical to have choices outside the synthesized group?  Doesn't that mean that destroy is the only possible canonical choice, as it allows everyone to celebrate the victory over the Reapers, while slowly beginning to distrust and attack other species over time, in a quest for universal domination, as the Reapers warned Shepard that would occur. 

Maybe that's the twist.  Control is the true ending, and at the end of this new series Reaper Shepard comes back with the other Reapers and kills everybody because peace didn't last and no one was worth saving.

#9272 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

Unsure about purchasing our new Garrus Body Pillow? This "hands on" review will tell you what you're getting into: http://arstechnica.c...ery-hands-on/ …

Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak9, 01 April 2014 - 11:33 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#9273 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Oh I forgot to share this.

It's sooo glorious! I may or may not be indoctrinated haha.

Callibur 11 Mass Effect Vault: finally went down to a good price, $30, on Amazon.

Spoiler

Added Dark Horse "Deluxe" Mass Effect playing cards to get free shipping! :D/

Edited by Spybreak9, 02 April 2014 - 08:35 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#9274 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Nice setup!! I thought about getting that vault from time to time.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#9275 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

That's a good looking vault, though I'm wary of sticking anything like that on a 360 for fear it might overheat. 

The Garrus body pillow is a little disturbing, though thankfully, he's still in his armor.

#9276 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

The product page for the body pillow is fantastic. Just try hitting checkout.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#9277 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

That's a good looking vault, though I'm wary of sticking anything like that on a 360 for fear it might overheat. 

It actually increases airflow because with the base it lifts the system off the ground and air can come in from the bottom.

Just saw this posted over on Raptr, badass yet subtle:

Spoiler

#9278 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

[points to the pic in the post above] File that under "F'ing rad - Where can I get dat?!?"

Chubbyninja1319.png

#9279 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

It actually increases airflow because with the base it lifts the system off the ground and air can come in from the bottom.

Who keeps their 360 vertical these days, anyway?

#9280 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

That vault is sweet but I keep my 360 horizontal and no way would it work in my tv stand vertical.

In actual game talk, I finally got back to my Insanity playthrough that I left off at the Citadel coup in order to play Second Son, Titanfall, and general work craziness and oh man was I rusty when I played last night....I was dying left and right on some not too difficult missions (Noveria, Jacob's mission)

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#9281 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

Who keeps their 360 vertical these days, anyway?

Well for me Vertical gives me more space, personal preference based on personal situation I guess.

#9282 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

Unsure about purchasing our new Garrus Body Pillow? This "hands on" review will tell you what you're getting into: http://arstechnica.c...ery-hands-on/ …

Spoiler

There was someone who actually sold a Garrus body pillow of their own design, it was drawn anime style.

It's the "Moe Moe Garrus Chan" body pillow. Pic below.. lolz

Spoiler

#9283 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

so, I spent the weekend at PAX East and a good chunk of time at the Bioware panels, one of which provided a BIG spoiler for the next Mass Effect game.  The panels were great and the panelists did signings afterwards (got my ME artbook signed by the lead cinematic animator, lead art director, one of the ME3 writers and a senior QA tester) and I also got to hang out with the voice actors of Thane and Ashley.  All in all a great experience.  I also spent way too much on ME merch...BUT I finally got my crown jewel, a Garrus Play Arts figure!  Paid $120 for it sealed in box from one of the vendors which is much cheaper then the $180+ its going for on Amazon now.

Anyway,

Spoiler

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

#9284 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Spoiler

Kind of reaching.

Halo: Reach.

Done.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#9285 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

Kind of reaching.

Halo: Reach.

Done.

Trust me, if youd been at this panel you would think the same thing.  The ENTIRE audience lit up like a Christmas tree when the writer said this and you could see the other panelists all had the "oh shit we said too much" look on their faces.

#9286 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Some of the asari characters reappearing is not mutually exclusive with ME4 being set in the distant future, depending on exactly what distant means. Liara still has 900 years to live.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#9287 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

Exactly, Ryuu. Wrex and Grunt have a few years on them too. We could be 500 years past ME3 and still have characters known squad and non squad characters around.

While I would prefer this isn't a prequel, like the first contact wars, really? Who would complain? :D
Chubbyninja1319.png

#9288 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Exactly, Ryuu. Wrex and Grunt have a few years on them too. We could be 500 years past ME3 and still have characters known squad and non squad characters around.

While I would prefer this isn't a prequel, like the first contact wars, really? Who would complain? :D

Edi too, right?

#9289 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Edi too, right?

Depending on the canon outcome of ME3, i.e. whether synthetics still exist.

#9290 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

Depending on the canon outcome of ME3, i.e. whether synthetics still exist.

Canon outcome affects the others too, right? I've never had a playthrough where I let anyone but Kaidan and Mordin die, since no choice.

#9291 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

If the Destroy is the canon outcome I think the synthetics will still exist. I don't trust that bastard star child. He's just manipulating you into feeling guilt if you choose the Destroy option. Don't fall for the indoctrination, fight the indoctrination!

#9292 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, I think that's probably it-- they'll go with Destroy but say that a a few decades later humans discovered how to create a new different kind of synthetic or somesuch. I can't imagine an ME universe where synthetic/AI characters aren't part of it.

#9293 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, I think that's probably it-- they'll go with Destroy but say that a a few decades later humans discovered how to create a new different kind of synthetic or somesuch. I can't imagine an ME universe where synthetic/AI characters aren't part of it.

Yeah, it's such a strong over-arching theme in the first Mass Effect trilogy, it'd be like real life without cars.

#9294 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Counter-point: But that's Shepard's story.  The next ME will be something different.  I think it's reasonable to consider that Bioware will leave behind all traces of the big synthetic vs organic battle and focus on something new. 

Still, I have to agree with you guys.  The ME universe without some kind of AI will be hard to swallow.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#9295 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

As long as not-Shepard's story also features blue-skinned femme fatale aliens. Just sayin.

#9296 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

I see what you did there.

liara_t__soni_13_by_johntesh-d4s861y.jpg

#9297 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Guys. I resubbed to Gold just for ME3 multiplayer. That's a normal thing to do, right? I don't need to see anyone, right?

SO MANY NEW CHARACTERS.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#9298 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Where you been, bro?! I hate to say it, but I think I'm finally over ME3 MP. Titanfall and Garden Warfare have filled that spot in my gaming rotation.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#9299 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, we've all moved on lol. Not that I don't think about jumping into it again some days.

#9300 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Oh, I wasn't posting here looking for games. It's been forever, I expected everyone to be gone. There are actually way more people online and playing than I ever would have expected.

If you dudes ever do get the itch though, you just let me know.