Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#931 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

I'm sure they can continue tweaking the code up to within a couple weeks of release, so there's still some time to go before we see it locked into golden state and sent to manufacturing.

I'm curious what the fan reactions have been that have pushed them towards this "change in flux" to the script/plot.

#932 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

I didin't read any of it. Was it really that bad? Like worse than "we made a human reaper lol"?

#933 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

I didin't read any of it. Was it really that bad? Like worse than "we made a human reaper lol"?

If left untouched it would have made Dragon Age II's catastrophe of a main plot appear written by Shakespeare himself.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#934 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

If left untouched it would have made Dragon Age II's catastrophe of a main plot appear written by Shakespeare himself.

Posted Image

#935 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:12 AM

For the life of me, I can't understand what peoples problem is with Dragon Age 2. I freaking love that game. If you follow the overall DA mythos, the plot of DA2 makes sense and is relevant to the big picture.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#936 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

My problem with the plot has nothing to do with plausibility and everything to do with recognizing terrible writing and pacing when I see it. Dragon Age II sadly had plenty of both. The main plot and its supposed 'twists' simply happened to showcase the worst of it. The fact the developers were so keen to forcing how awesome they thought it was down your throat by sabotaging your party builds along the way didn't help either. Hell it was one of the main reasons I haven't gone back to the game yet and I actually enjoyed most of the changes. The argumentative, arrogant, sometimes downright condescending reaction of the dev team to fan feedback afterward was the final nail in the coffin for me.

The early ME3 leak script does bare some similarities but on a far worse scale (for me and many others) for different reasons. Most of which involved
Spoiler
There was a lot to bitch about regardless of how old you thought the information was on that file.

#937 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

My problem with the plot has nothing to do with plausibility and everything to do with recognizing terrible writing and pacing when I see it. Dragon Age II sadly had plenty of both. The main plot and its supposed 'twists' simply happened to showcase the worst of it. The fact the developers were so keen to forcing how awesome they thought it was down your throat by sabotaging your party builds along the way didn't help either. Hell it was one of the main reasons I haven't gone back to the game yet and I actually enjoyed most of the changes. The argumentative, arrogant, sometimes downright condescending reaction of the dev team to fan feedback afterward was the final nail in the coffin for me.

The early ME3 leak script does bare some similarities but on a far worse scale (for me and many others) for different reasons. Most of which involved

Spoiler
There was a lot to bitch about regardless of how old you thought the information was on that file.

I'm curious, since you're likely the only other person here that's even looked at the leaked stuff...is there a safe place online to find a synopsis of what's currently going on in it and/or discussion about it? I've seen at least two leaked files so far, and about all I've been able to get from them is the finale...but that's not much to go off of.

#938 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

I unfortunately can't answer that as I opted out of info fishing soon after the initial leak. I'm positive Ryu is much more current than I am at the moment. You could chance browsing the last 10 - 20 pages of the Story Leak discussion thread on BSN if you're a gambling man. A 60 - 80% of time someone is responding to a mass quoting of summarized information. The problem is you'd most likely have to dodge meticulously detailed debates on every version of the script to find it otherwise. Thankfully some of them started camouflaging their spoilers before I stopped lurking a week ago. There's a no spoiler tag on it now so the choice is yours. Either way you should be able to find enough info to form a general opinion.

#939 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

I'm curious, since you're likely the only other person here that's even looked at the leaked stuff...is there a safe place online to find a synopsis of what's currently going on in it and/or discussion about it? I've seen at least two leaked files so far, and about all I've been able to get from them is the finale...but that's not much to go off of.

Try the discussion tab of the spoiler social group on BioWare's forum. Just browsing the thread titles isn't too spoilery, so you can pick and choose what you want to read about and hopefully not get too spoiled on whatever you don't want to know.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#940 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

Try the discussion tab of the spoiler social group on BioWare's forum. Just browsing the thread titles isn't too spoilery, so you can pick and choose what you want to read about and hopefully not get too spoiled on whatever you don't want to know.

Yeah, I stumbled across that earlier. Most of what I'm reading there syncs up with what I've read on my own inside the leaked files I've gotten my hands on. There's definitely a few decisions that went into the game that left me with a raised eyebrow asking myself "...really?". That's about all I can say about that without getting spoiler-y.

#941 sandaz93

sandaz93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Hey,
I know this isn't at all related to Mass Effect 3, but does anybody know what is the track/song playing when Shepard takes Liara for drinks after the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC i the Normandy.

NVM: Found it. Its called virgil.

#942 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

I unfortunately can't answer that as I opted out of info fishing soon after the initial leak. I'm positive Ryu is much more current than I am at the moment. You could chance browsing the last 10 - 20 pages of the Story Leak discussion thread on BSN if you're a gambling man. A 60 - 80% of time someone is responding to a mass quoting of summarized information. The problem is you'd most likely have to dodge meticulously detailed debates on every version of the script to find it otherwise. Thankfully some of them started camouflaging their spoilers before I stopped lurking a week ago. There's a no spoiler tag on it now so the choice is yours. Either way you should be able to find enough info to form a general opinion.

Spoiler

#943 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:06 AM

Spoiler

ME3 spoiler discussion...
Spoiler

#944 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

ME3 spoiler discussion...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#945 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Bless you for using spoiler tags.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#946 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Ugh. I can't stop thinking about how much the
Spoiler

#947 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Collector's Edition unboxing/trailer!!

(Contains some revealing pictures from the artbook but no true spoilers IMO)

The N7 hoodie looks sweeet....

#948 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

I dig the hawk but can't get on board with the Motoko Kusanagi influenced outfit for Jack just yet. Dope hoodie. I just wouldn't spend over $30 for it.

#949 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, the hair looks pretty sweet (I really like the Paris Hilton poof thing she has going on top, oddly), but I haven't made up my mind about the outfit yet. I didn't make the connection to Kusanagi but now that you say that, I can definitely see it. It's the shoulders.

A sniper rifle in the concept art though? Very un-Jack. :lol:

What do they charge for those hoodies in the BioWare merch store, like $60-70? Having Shepard wear one on the Normandy is a nice compromise. Plus, no having to explain what "N7" means to relatives and such.

#950 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

I guess that means I'm gonna have to buzz my head and dye everything dark brown since Shepard and I will be matching now 8-)

0sm4.png

#951 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

I guess that means I'm gonna have to buzz my head and dye everything dark brown since Shepard and I will be matching now 8-)

Know what's funny? I cut my own hair and I shaved my head much shorter than I usually do this past time (which my wife hated) and I was all like "hells yeah, I'm rocking the Shepard look" and I put on my N7 hoodie. I felt like a giant dork, but damn I love Mass Effect. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks along those lines.

And for the CE video.....This is going to be one friggin awesome CE. My one gripe is that the avatar Normandy that comes with the CE is the same as the PAX give-away (which I paid way too much money for), but the video said "bonus avatars"....as in plural...so maybe there is hope for more. Also, the music in that video was great. Reminiscent of ME1, which is a good thing.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#952 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

What do they charge for those hoodies in the BioWare merch store, like $60-70? Having Shepard wear one on the Normandy is a nice compromise. Plus, no having to explain what "N7" means to relatives and such.

There are three different hoodies. The old one which is like $58 (or as low as $24 on sale, which is when I got it) and these come in multiple colors. Then there is the Shepard Armor one for $88, it's kind of gawdy and too expensive, IMO. Lastly, the best one, the "elite" armor, which is very similar to the old one, but with stitched patterns and not just screenprinting. That one is $74 (was $60 up until last Sunday). Also comes in multiple colors and that's the one to get.

I'm a biowarestore junkie. If you want to keep track, friend treehouse on facebook.

Oh, and I have the N7 decal on my Jeep and I wear a ME3 lanyard at work where lanyards are required for our ID badges. I get comments from other gamers, so it's a cool conversation starter and I've met fellow gamers at work because of it. Same thing a few years ago when I wore a Halo 3 lanyard at work.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#953 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

New Pulse episode showcasing the Vanguard's Nova biotic power and new Krogan shotgun:

#954 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Looks like close combat should be a lot funner than ZOMG so many husks mash b button.

#955 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Combat looks great. Nova was sweet, I'm glad my main Shepard is a Vanguard.

#956 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Vanguard is, and always will be, the only way to play Mass Effect 8-)

0sm4.png

#957 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Vanguard is, and always will be, the only way to play Mass Effect 8-)

This, I'm afraid. Although I will have to check out that omni blade melee power with the Engineer class.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#958 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Three. long. months. left.

0sm4.png

#959 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Three. long. months. left.

Back in your hole. :D

#960 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

I've been so busy with work and holiday stuff I kind of forgot that next month is January and the official ME3 trailer will in our hands next month. Cannot freaking wait.

By the way, did you guys see that they ARE releasing a 2nd wave of figures? Check biowarestore.com. Garrus, Mordin, Miranda and Legion. Gotta get those (minus Miranda).
Chubbyninja1319.png