• Please log in to reply
9647 replies to this topic

#1801 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

and on a side note...

They better have a Volus Biotic whose last stage powers can upgrade to BIOTIC GOD.

-250% Storm Speed
+200% Power and Ability Damage

I can already smell its greatness...

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#1802 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Finally unlocked the Widow for my Infiltrator last night, and while it hits like a truck, it takes forever and a day for it to reload, plus it's reaaaally heavy. I think I prefer the Viper because it packs a pretty good punch while cloaked and it's light. I've been rocking the Viper and the Avenger assault rifle to give me a solid weapon at all ranges.

Speaking of Infiltrators, I wish I could unlock the fucking Salarian Infiltrator already. This game hates giving me class unlocks. I finally got my first alien character last night, a Turian Sentinel, which I really don't care too much for. Comes with Overload and Warp though, so maybe I'll try him out at some point.
Posted Image

#1803 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Finally unlocked the Widow for my Infiltrator last night, and while it hits like a truck, it takes forever and a day for it to reload, plus it's reaaaally heavy. I think I prefer the Viper because it packs a pretty good punch while cloaked and it's light. I've been rocking the Viper and the Avenger assault rifle to give me a solid weapon at all ranges.

Speaking of Infiltrators, I wish I could unlock the fucking Salarian Infiltrator already. This game hates giving me class unlocks. I finally got my first alien character last night, a Turian Sentinel, which I really don't care too much for. Comes with Overload and Warp though, so maybe I'll try him out at some point.

me too, 2 vet packs and 3 small packs and i haven't gotten a single unlock of characters, only the mattock, 3 SMG upgrades, and a 3x missle pack of note.... i'll get a few hours in tonight and see what i can get.. been havingthe damndest time getting into games where people stay past round three so i can get the damn money.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1804 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ok, so most of you who know me know I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan, so figured it only wise to gather up my CAG brothers and sister to form up a regular Mass Effect MP group (which some of you have been doing already, just didn't see the need for a seperate thread to take away from this awesome one) for reliable teaming without the hassle of noobs, quitters, and asshats on XBL. So, if interested in getting a few people together for some good ME fun and saving the galaxy, please post here with the following.

• XBL Name
  • Times Most Available
  • Character Race/Class(es) Preferred
  • Character Level
  • Playstyle
  • Difficulty Preferred
  • How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick

I’ll start with mine, and we can move on from there!

XBL Name – Insomnia Saint
Times Most Available – After 8PM CST until Midnight on work days, on and off all day and the previous times on off days.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – Drell Vanguard (for the pull ability against Guardians) and Krogan Sentinel (Melee Mayhem)
Character Level - TBA after launch
Playstyle – I prefer mid range fighting and support against trash (Shockwave and Nova blasting stuff away while objectives are completed with my Human) and rush attacks on big single targets (Biotic Charging/Shotty to the face Phantoms) with the Vanguard. The Sentinel im all about in your grill "I AM KROGAN!!" shotgun/melee fighting.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE until I get my levels up to be competent, then im all about the challenge of SILVER and GOLD.
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – 200 Metric Tons

Haven't had a lot of time to play in MP Demo other than level 6 Soldier and Level 7 Human Vanguard and a few others, but the above are what I will focus on at release.

P.S. I LOVE the scoped Mattock and wanna get a modded Phalanx ans so far am having massive nerdgasms playing this.

[*]XBL Name - gotdott

[*]Times Most Available - usually after 8 EST

[*]Character Race/Class(es) Preferred - Infiltrator/Engineer or Asari Adept

[*]Playstyle - KILL ALL OF THE PHANTOMS

[*]Difficulty Preferred - gold

[*]How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick - my krogan's name is tinkles, what do you think?

#1805 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

[*]Playstyle - KILL ALL OF THE PHANTOMS

THIS. Oh god those damn phantoms.

#1806 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

THIS. Oh god those damn phantoms.

hahah that one wave last night where we killed 15 and they were still coming..

and then when they made us do a data extraction on the launch pad and all the phantoms started jumping onto the platform 5 seconds in....

#1807 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

hahah that one wave last night where we killed 15 and they were still coming..

and then when they made us do a data extraction on the launch pad and all the phantoms started jumping onto the platform 5 seconds in....

have not tried on GOLD, but i am speccing into the AoE Biotic Charge so it is awesome when they flip up on the launch pad just in time to get body checked right back off the side... 15 of em though... i can't wait to get a dude capable of handling it.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1808 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

have not tried on GOLD, but i am speccing into the AoE Biotic Charge so it is awesome when they flip up on the launch pad just in time to get body checked right back off the side... 15 of em though... i can't wait to get a dude capable of handling it.

Well unless the "promote" option that is unavailable for the demo is something that will buff further, I honestly don't think any level 20 class is capable of getting overcoming being swarmed by multiple phantoms haha.

But definitely try out the Asari if you get her! Bubble stasis is your best friend.

#1809 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

Does anyone know if weapon/ship/armor upgrades carry over to ME3? For example, I have two ME2 DLC's left to play, and I hardly got any upgrades in my main playthrough, so is there a point to me probing all of those planeta and getting those upgrades now?

#1810 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Does anyone know if weapon/ship/armor upgrades carry over to ME3? For example, I have two ME2 DLC's left to play, and I hardly got any upgrades in my main playthrough, so is there a point to me probing all of those planeta and getting those upgrades now?

Have you beat the game before? Because if you don't get the necessary upgrades,
Spoiler
and I think that carries over :P

#1811 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Spoiler

yeah. personal upgrades just make the game easier to handle in combat and stuff, but if you do not have all of the ship upgrades.. the suicide mission will not go so well and that will carry over to ME3

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1812 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Spoiler

yeah. personal upgrades just make the game easier to handle in combat and stuff, but if you do not have all of the ship upgrades.. the suicide mission will not go so well and that will carry over to ME3

Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol.
Spoiler
Regardless, it's good to know I don't have to do all the probing. Ugh.

#1813 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Just do like I did and play through it fully 4 times with different choices and characters then you can have all angles covered to go through 4 more times when ME3 hits :)

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1814 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just do like I did and play through it fully 4 times with different choices and characters then you can have all angles covered to go through 4 more times when ME3 hits :)

I like it how I have done it. I've based every decision plainly off instinct. No internet help about which choice is better. Once I finish ME3 like that, I'll probably replay all three over and over again with different choices.

#1815 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I did too, i played each character as What Would Shepard Do? I think it was only my OCD Completionist in me that made me get all the upgrades and and scan all those planets. my first game was 67 hours Paragon Vanguard with 100% of all planets scanned and all missions done. i was like 4,000 creds short of getting the last upgrade to buy but had no missions to get more cash and it was then i decided to .. play Mass Effect 1 lol.

each character i made with the different origin story and tried to play them in that tone, i think its amazing when i could go through a fifth time, and i'd still see differenct stuff.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1816 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, I found that out the hard way lol.

Spoiler
Regardless, it's good to know I don't have to do all the probing. Ugh.

Did they ever fix that issue with
Spoiler
Posted Image

#1817 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Spoiler

it was not an issue to fix really, you just have to
Spoiler

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#1818 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1819 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Is the ME3 demo worth playing if I don't want to be spoiled and I'm buying ME3 on Day 1? Wombat mentioned something like this on the last cagcast so I haven't DL'd it yet...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1820 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

it was not an issue to fix really, you just have to

Spoiler

When it comes to those decisions:
Spoiler

Is the ME3 demo worth playing if I don't want to be spoiled and I'm buying ME3 on Day 1? Wombat mentioned something like this on the last cagcast so I haven't DL'd it yet...

It gives you the first 15 minutes of the game and then somepoint later in the game where you're about level 12, so it's probably 40-50% into the game.

Intro sequence, I wouldn't worry that much about it. The second section has some spoiler-ific items, though it's the same stuff that we've seen previously shown when demoing the game at E3.

If you really don't want to be spoiled, then pass on the SP gameplay. MP gameplay, can't say if it's spoilerific or not.

#1821 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Just give the MP a go then, there's no story attached really

#1822 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

[LEFT]Ok, so most of you who know me know I am a HUGE Mass Effect fan, so figured it only wise to gather up my CAG brothers and sister to form up a regular Mass Effect MP group (which some of you have been doing already, just didn't see the need for a seperate thread to take away from this awesome one) for reliable teaming without the hassle of noobs, quitters, and asshats on XBL. So, if interested in getting a few people together for some good ME fun and saving the galaxy, please post here with the following.

Welcome to the team! I've hated seeing the constant droppers in random lobbies. I'm trying out all the classes eventually and when they see you have a low level whatever? Drop. Or the people who don't communicate but leave their headset going so you can hear their shrill pre-pubescent voice yelling at Mom/Sibling/whatever.

ChubbyNinja, no worries about the unexpected drop. Family stuff comes up, we understood. Your buddy stuck it out for a few matches and hopefully gained some good levels. I played for a long time Friday night and nothing in my Veteran packs but some weapon upgrades and the Widow sniper rifle. Then last night, after the Flogging Molly concert (which was excellent), I played a few rounds and got my first new class. Krogan soldier. Hell yes. I wanted a Krogan from the day they showed the first MP videos. And since my regular character was a soldier, he matched the level.

Now, is that the way this works? You don't necessarily level the "character" so much as the class? So if I play with this Krogan now (I only got in one more game with him) does my human soldier also gain levels with him? Or is it just with unlocks that it matches?

XBL Name – Stabby Pete
Times Most Available – After 7PM CST until Midnight on most work days, Thursdays is my regular game night with some friends. Weekends vary depending on plans and such.
Character Race/Class(es) Preferred – Honestly not sure yet. I plan on playing with all of the races and classes in the demo until I get a feel for it. My Krogan soldier will be a favorite for sure.
Character Level - TBA after launch
Playstyle – Group combat. My human soldier is a great support gunner, good for crowd control on the riff-raff troopers with constant Adrenaline Rush boosts. So far, the Krogan is just run and melee of course. I want to try a sniper class some, I was doing well on my first day sniping those Guardians through the slit in their shields.
Difficulty Preferred – BRONZE for a bit, especially if people want to experiment with characters which I'm all about. Then we start to click in teams and move it up to SILVER and GOLD.
How Much Ass You Are Gonna Kick – I'm all out of bubblegum.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#1823 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Is the trailer online yet?

#1824 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

What'd you guys think of the trailer? Pretty neat, but I'm getting a little tired of the promotional material for ME3 being all pew-pew and no story stuff. :lol:

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1825 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hol. E. Crap. That was amazing. I had goosebumps during that trailer. I was surprised how prominently
Spoiler
was.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#1826 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

EDIT: Replaced the link with the one officially posted by BioWare. Note at the end, it says "Watch the Extended Cut Tuesday, February 21st." :bouncy:

Edited by Arikado, 20 February 2012 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

#1827 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

I wish there were a bit more parity between races within some of the classes in multiplayer. e.g., I can't really see any reason to use a Human Adept once you've unlocked the Asari. The same probably goes for the Human and Salarian Infiltrators too.
Posted Image

#1828 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Just give the MP a go then, there's no story attached really

If you consider 15 phantoms lined up to gangbang 1 human, 1 krogan and two asaris, there's plenty of story.

I wish there were a bit more parity between races within some of the classes in multiplayer. e.g., I can't really see any reason to use a Human Adept once you've unlocked the Asari. The same probably goes for the Human and Salarian Infiltrators too.

That's because there isn't any. Stasis is the bread and butter of an adept in MP, which the human can't use. With shields, barriers and armor, the singularity becomes a poor man's stasis but is overall less effective. Shockwave can be nice with clustered enemies, but it will only do a small amount of damage to any one target. Warp is really the only thing that is nice at the harder levels for a human adept. In fact, I think I will abandon developing mine further and focus on my drell vanguard, salarian infiltrator and krogan soldier (such a fucking beast even at low levels).

On the lighter side, what are people naming their characters? Mine are:

Human adept: gamertag
Drell vanguard: my thane man
Salarian infiltrator: Sal
Krogan soldier: home wrexer

Edited by Anexanhume, 20 February 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#1829 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:48 AM

When it comes to those decisions:

Spoiler

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't know any of that when I first played it, though. It would have ruined the whole "first time" experience, if you catch my drift.
Spoiler

#1830 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

oh dear god played a super glitchy round today where 3-4 phantoms somehow ended up immune to stasis