• Please log in to reply
9303 replies to this topic

#1861 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

What's so special about Earth?

That's answered in ME2. Shepard is the only credible opposition to the Reapers' plan, thus they're uniquely fascinated with/threatened by humanity.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1862 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Cool news for those of us who go for the J's as well as the W's:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 X Mass Effect Collaboration In The Works

#1863 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

Cool news for those of us who go for the J's as well as the W's:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 X Mass Effect Collaboration In The Works

Get that J stuff out of here :P

#1864 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

I should probably get in on the multiplayer before the game comes out.

I'm currently playing 2 for the first time on my Paragon run, so I've been trying to avoid this thread to spare me from spoilers.

However, from what I've heard the multiplayer doesn't really have spoilers in it, so I think I'd be safe to play that. :D

#1865 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

The Citadel is much smaller than Earth though and that was attacked by just 1 reaper. Earth is getting attacked by (just guessing) all of them. Which seems pretty dumb when you think about it. Why would the Reapers put all their eggs in the Earth basket. What's so special about Earth? Oil? Coal? Just have to play the game to find out.

The Reapers are hitting all the major global capital cities first. According to lore and what Vigil stated during his speech in ME1, they systematically destroy ALL advanced civilizations. The reason Earth is important is that at the end of ME2
Spoiler

Since they can
Spoiler
They put all their eggs in one basket because they do not fear us and feel that there is no way we can retaliate with enough force or unity to stop them... until we prove them wrong.

Edited by Freemason, 21 February 2012 - 02:30 AM.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#1866 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:10 AM

The Reapers are hitting all the major global capital cities first. According to lore and what Vigil stated during his speech in ME1, they systematically destroy ALL advanced civilizations. The reason Earth is important is that at the end of ME2

Spoiler

Since they can
Spoiler
They put all their eggs in one basket because they do not fear us and feel that there is no way we can retaliate with enough force or unity to stop them... until we prove them wrong.

First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that.

It's also mentioned that
Spoiler

From Vigil's speech in ME1, we also found out that the Reapers miss some Protheans that weren't in stasis on Ilos, so they aren't 100% systematic in eliminating all sentient life. I'm sure some of them
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 21 February 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#1867 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that.

Exactly
Posted Image

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1868 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

It's also mentioned that

Spoiler

From Vigil's speech in ME1, we also found out that the Reapers miss some Protheans that weren't in stasis on Ilos, so they aren't 100% systematic in eliminating all sentient life. I'm sure some of them
Spoiler

Spoiler

EXCELLENT breakdown. You covered the salient points from Vigil in ME1. Nice job.

Edited by shrike4242, 21 February 2012 - 04:28 AM.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#1869 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

When you get a multiplayer character to level 20, you can Promote them into the main game, where they translate into +50 or whatever to your Galactic Readiness level. Then you can begin a new multiplayer character and repeat the process. That's how I understand it.

I got the infiltrator to 20 last night, the XP stops but it says you can go to 700,000XP however it won't allow any more progression. Does promoting net you any benefits other than saying I "presigted?"

I'm really looking fwd to the MP aspect of this game. I know I'm going to enjoy the campaign, of course. I don't even minid that much all my demo progress will be pixels in the wind soon.

After playing the soldier w/the AR...I thought he was rather weak compared to everyone w/biotics until I gave him typed ammo, AR upgrade, and recharge drugs. I think it's necessary to use equipment on gold level. This at 18th lvl made silver level challenging and fun, I also didn't feel useless. (for those that didn't know, equipment lasts for the entire mission not just one wave...hee hee oops)

#1870 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

EXCELLENT breakdown. You covered the salient points from Vigil in ME1. Nice job.

Thanks.

The other thing is that
Spoiler

#1871 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

It's also mentioned that

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1872 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Alright, so the amazingness that is the ME3 MP demo kept me around here a bit longer than initially anticipated. I'm definitely glad I got in some games with at least half the regulars here (and sorry I didn't make it in to all the lobbies people were playing in, maybe I'll still get a chance to before launch). It's interesting to put a voice/personality to a few usernames in here and, of course, I'm sure everyone that was able to play with me was left speechless after being in the presence of the legendary X for a few rounds of Mass Effect goodness
Spoiler

HOWEVER...the war for Earth and for the entire galaxy starts very soon, and it's my job to put in ample playtime into ME2 before then to make sure that my characters are completely ready. Not gonna lie, I have a pretty packed schedule as it is -- so I probably won't be doing too much more ME3 MP before March 6th (and certainly none until I get all of my main characters' playthroughs finished).

So, with that in mind, as of this post I am completely removing myself from this thread until "some undetermined time" after the game's launch (save for one OP update tomorrow with the extended version of the Take Back Earth trailer). That includes unsubscribing to this thread and refraining from "peeking in" to see what people are talking about. If you want/need to reach me for any reason, PMs via CAG or XBL will have to do. I expect you guys to be able to police yourselves just fine (hell, we have one of CAG's most active mods in the house); and to understand that pretty much anything from here on out aside from expectations, general anticipation, gathering people for MP, or information regarding deals/events surrounding the game's release should be considered spoiler material and that it should be spoiler-tagged out of decency for your fellow CAG. Remember guys, the game has gone gold now -- so there will soon be YouTube vids, screenshot leaks, articles, Twitter updates, Facebook posts, threads, and more flooding the 'net. Please try and keep this a safe haven for people who aren't willing to bury themselves deep underground until the game's release.

Until we meet/talk again, I hope you guys find a worthwhile way of passing the time between now and March 5th at midnight. You all can certainly expect to see awesome builds, (potentially) cool videos, a thorough breakdown/discussion of the plot elements, and much more from me in the not-too-distant future. For now, though, I should go...

[My outro music:]
Spoiler

0sm4.png

#1873 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

X, if you need OP updates done, PM me and I'll take care of it, since I know you'll be in the ME3-spoiler proof bunker in the meantime.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1874 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

I had an idea the other day....what about if a 2nd ME3 focused thread is started that is either spoiler-full or spoiler-free, that way people can talk freely in one, and keep the conversation spoiler-free in the other. Just a thought. I'm still avoiding spoilers like the plague, but it's hard having that damn artbook in my hands. I still feel dirty for playing the SP portion of the demo.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#1875 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

I've fallen in love with the Turian Sentinel. Overload with the Neutral Shock upgrade is f*cking ridiculous. With 1080 in shields and 700 health I'm debating whether I should continue boosting up weapon stability to make maining a Hornet less taxing or forget it and fully max out protection.

Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1876 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.

I'm fairly sure Salarian Engineer isn't unlockable in the demo.
Posted Image

#1877 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

I've fallen in love with the Turian Sentinel. Overload with the Neutral Shock upgrade is f*cking ridiculous. With 1080 in shields and 700 health I'm debating whether I should continue boosting up weapon stability to make maining a Hornet less taxing or forget it and fully max out protection.

I'd like to see more Turians in game. I still haven't played with a single salarian. Almost makes me want to develop my infiltrator over my krogan. Almost.

#1878 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

myself and one other infiltrator both armed w/widows have beaten bronze on both bases consistantly without any problems. it punches through guardian riot shields, can take down a centurion w/fill shields if you're cloaked, and there's less reason to fire a rocket at atlas if you're both dropping antimatter rounds into. the whole 1-shot, 1-kill sayinig applies to it. I personally love it for the infiltrator, for the sentinal I use other sniper rifles due to the weight.

yeah, I'm convinced some races/class combos aren't unlockable in the demo. you think you would have encounter other ppl playing them by now. I've seen a lot of different wpns though and some I think are from merchandise promos...besides, it's just the demo. :D

#1879 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Screw you guys and your Salarian wants lol, i got to level 13 on my Vangaurd, 6 soldier, and 2 vet packs and one recruit pack later... STILL have not unlocked a SINGLE alternate race/class lol... OR another weapon outside the Mattock... sigh. i'll work on it more today.

Shrike, good summary and since we are discussing possibility, what you do think of

Spoiler

There are some topics to discuss. Enjoy fellow nerds.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#1880 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'd like to see more Turians in game. I still haven't played with a single salarian. Almost makes me want to develop my infiltrator over my krogan. Almost.

Mine is a complete bad ass. My biggest gripe is the lack of a dash/evade roll. So annoying having to rely on the slow ass turtle turn and THEN sprint away. Ruins the flow of combat and more often than not contributes to me taking damage I wouldn't in most situations.

myself and one other infiltrator both armed w/widows have beaten bronze on both bases consistantly without any problems. it punches through guardian riot shields, can take down a centurion w/fill shields if you're cloaked, and there's less reason to fire a rocket at atlas if you're both dropping antimatter rounds into. the whole 1-shot, 1-kill sayinig applies to it. I personally love it for the infiltrator, for the sentinal I use other sniper rifles due to the weight. :D

My main issue with it is I've already found easier solutions to nearly every problem it could solve on its own so dealing with the cooldown speed reduction and reload speed isn't worth the trouble. Plus I've been bullshitted out of one shot headshots on Silver plenty of times. Still fun to use though.

Now that I've gotten comfortable playing on Silver with different classes in public I'm interested in tackling Gold with a full team. If anyone is interested get at me. Main classes are Quarian Engineer, Turian Sentinel and Asari Adept until I can get my hands something new or another Soldier so I can make a tank.

#1881 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Mine is a complete bad ass. My biggest gripe is the lack of a dash/evade roll. So annoying having to rely on the slow ass turtle turn and THEN sprint away. Ruins the flow of combat and more often than not contributes to me taking damage I wouldn't in most situations.

My main issue with it is I've already found easier solutions to nearly every problem it could solve on its own so dealing with the cooldown speed reduction and reload speed isn't worth the trouble. Plus I've been bullshitted out of one shot headshots on Silver plenty of times. Still fun to use though.

Now that I've gotten comfortable playing on Silver with different classes in public I'm interested in tackling Gold with a full team. If anyone is interested get at me. Main classes are Quarian Engineer, Turian Sentinel and Asari Adept until I can get my hands something new or another Soldier so I can make a tank.

there's lag, i've gotten headshots when I probably shouldn't have and missed headshots when I visually saw the tracer round hit his head...but I get more shots in that I felt I would never because console has some magnetism. Still, 2 infiltrators pwning bronze is very rewarding plus you get a ton of XP because you'll almost always get 75+ kills and the bonus XP that goes with it.

the soldier shines when you give him equipment bonuses, the recharge one was rather helpful. I was almost always in A_rush the entire time. Being able to cut down a phantom as it runs towards you is very satisfying.

I was wondering why sentinals had a movement penalty reduction perk, and I noticed they can't evade or roll. I thought it was only turians for a minute.

#1882 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's just Turians making me wonder if it's a glitch or intentional. I can roll as much as I want as a human Sentinel.

#1883 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

It's just Turians making me wonder if it's a glitch or intentional. I can roll as much as I want as a human Sentinel.

imo, what's seen in the demo isn't the final finished product...I think there's some glitches. turians can still take cover, climb ladders, and I believe I vaulted over some terrain last I played. hopefully the release version is more polished in all aspects and this is just a glitch. I really want to unlock the turian soldier.

it would seem strange that the turian race can't evade or roll especially if they're available in other classes. can krogan soldier roll?

#1884 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

it would seem strange that the turian race can't evade or roll especially if they're available in other classes.

Turians have the reach, but not the flexibility.

#1885 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

X threw it up in the OP, but in case you missed it, here's the extended version of the Take Earth Back CGI trailer:

Posted Image

#1886 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Turians have the reach, but not the flexibility.

well then...so much for technology allowing them to have a suit that permits them to roll on their chicken arms without breaking them. thanks for the insight.

#1887 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Krogan Soldiers (I just got one about 15 minutes ago) don't have an evade or roll either which would make sense from a lore standpoint. Considering the fact they can melee damn near everything to oblivion and back I don't mind it. No self respecting Krogan would bother rolling anyway.

Sentinels on the other hand... it just doesn't make much sense. I hope they fix it if it's a glitch. If not, I hope they reconsider putting it back in.

#1888 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

watching a krogan soldier tank the atlas and destorying it was both awe inspiring and ridiculous (bronze) ...so each wave afterwards, I made sure to put a round of antimatter on into for the kill.

one match, a different krogan soldier spent more time in cover than anything. he also had an AR w/the shotgun equipment upgrade active (he didn't have a shotgun).

The universe is in trouble...

#1889 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Has anyone tried bronze solo? I'm tempted to with my krogan for the XP, just to see how far I can get.

#1890 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

(No spoilers in this)