Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9660 replies to this topic

#1981 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

The controller is just this one with the N7 skin, so there's your reviews.

http://www.amazon.co...30007870&sr=8-1

Well I guess I wont order now. The reviews on amazon.com didn't seem all that good.
Posted Image

#1982 adonfraz

adonfraz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Glad I grabbed a 360 CE from BB for in-store pickup last week.

Yay-me

#1983 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Yes.

Thanks.
Guess I better contact Amazon Customer Service again.

Some reason there is a problem with my account they can't seem to fix.
Doesn't show the RDD option when I place orders and when it does, it won't take any of my addresses.

Each time they apologize and offer free next day delivery, so thats cool with me.
Just hope they don't take a peek at my order history and see how many times it's happened then think I'm trying to scam them.

#1984 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Update to the ME2 paragon/renegade check discussion a few pages back...

I guess the PS3 version did account for not being able to get a bonus from an ME1 save, as I was able to paragon check to resolve both the Miranda/Jack fight and the Tali/Legion fight. Did the first last pre-IFF mission (saved Jack's loyalty meeting for last) so I had a full paragon meter by that point.

#1985 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

how long does the ME2 campaign take to finish with all the upgrades? just the main storyline w/out the DLC.

#1986 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

how long does the ME2 campaign take to finish with all the upgrades? just the main storyline w/out the DLC.

20-25 hours maybe, if you're not rushing.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1987 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

20-25 hours maybe, if you're not rushing.

funny...i was going to say, "Ryuu" how long does ME2 take w/out doing the DLC?

#1988 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

But the ME2 dlc is so darn good, how can your play the game and NOT play the dlc?

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#1989 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

But the ME2 dlc is so darn good, how can your play the game and NOT play the dlc?

I can see someone not wanting to play the hammerhead stuff (and the first part of overlord consequently). The rest is ace though.

#1990 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Only Firewalker is bad. The rest MUST be run-through at least once its all great and adds to the story a lot

#1991 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've run through LOTSB, Kasumi, and Zaeed multiple times. Once was enough for Overlord and Arrival. Zero was enough for Firewalker. ;)

#1992 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

because I was originally unaware after you complete the main story in ME2 you can continue to mine, do side missions etc. I beat the game, reloaded did all the side missions and went to save humanity and found out how much thnigs changed because I lingered.

so if i want to import my progress, I'd need to play it again knowing what I know and acting accordingly. 20-25 hours isn't bad at all, so I will certainly do the DLC just trying to see when and where I will fit it in the timeline.

#1993 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

because I was originally unaware after you complete the main story in ME2 you can continue to mine, do side missions etc. I beat the game, reloaded did all the side missions and went to save humanity and found out how much thnigs changed because I lingered.

so if i want to import my progress, I'd need to play it again knowing what I know and acting accordingly. 20-25 hours isn't bad at all, so I will certainly do the DLC just trying to see when and where I will fit it in the timeline.

ME1 wouldn't let you go past the endgame into stuff you missed, so if you wanted to do BDTS or Pinnacle Station, you had do that before you went to Ilos.

ME2 will let you do DLC post-endgame, so you can go back and do missions after the endgame.

Not doing LoTSB or Kasumi's Stolen Memory would be a mistake, for what they give you at the end of each.

I think my total gametime with all of the side missions, loyalty missions and DLC was around 56 hours total, though I think 5-6 hours of retries, unnecessary planet scanning and the like could be cut out of that amount of time.

Stolen Memory is about 1-2 hours in length.
Overlord is 1-3 hours in length, depending if you go for achievements or not.
LoTSB is about 2 hours in length.
Arrival is about 1-1.5 hours in length.

LoTSB and Stolen Memory provide enough bonus items you can use later in the game that it's worth doing them before the end of the game. Especially Stolen Memory.

#1994 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Probably 20-25 hours as noted.

This was my 3rd time through and I think my save is at 34 hours--but that's with doing the Overlord, Firewalker and, Zaeed and Kasumi DLC, all the anomaly detected side missions etc., and going through all the dialogue again since I hadn't played the game in nearly 2 years.

Still have to do Shadow Broker and Arrival DLC, and then I'm ready for ME3, as that will finish recreating my main 360 playthrough.

#1995 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

ME1 wouldn't let you go past the endgame into stuff you missed, so if you wanted to do BDTS or Pinnacle Station, you had do that before you went to Ilos.

ME2 will let you do DLC post-endgame, so you can go back and do missions after the endgame.

Not doing LoTSB or Kasumi's Stolen Memory would be a mistake, for what they give you at the end of each.

I think my total gametime with all of the side missions, loyalty missions and DLC was around 56 hours total, though I think 5-6 hours of retries, unnecessary planet scanning and the like could be cut out of that amount of time.

Stolen Memory is about 1-2 hours in length.
Overlord is 1-3 hours in length, depending if you go for achievements or not.
LoTSB is about 2 hours in length.
Arrival is about 1-1.5 hours in length.

LoTSB and Stolen Memory provide enough bonus items you can use later in the game that it's worth doing them before the end of the game. Especially Stolen Memory.

thanks for the detailed rundown.

i'll be starting over w/my soldier on PT2 and probably set the difficulty to normal. I dont have the patience to try it on insane w/a higher lvl character...I'm on a schedule. :D this way I can knock out the other achievements, prep the world, and do the DLC's...and not have to planet scan as much as I'll already have some resources.

thanks for the tip on Stolen Memory and LOTSB. depending on how fast I go through the game I'll see if I can fit in the other DLC before I trigger the last event.

I needed a break from ME3 demo MP so I don't get too attached to my soon to be wiped progress.

If you carry over your save from ME2 > ME3 are you stuck with the class you played previously?

#1996 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

If you carry over your save from ME2 > ME3 are you stuck with the class you played previously?

I think they've confirmed that you'll be able to change your class and appearance, just like in ME2. Apparently you'll also get some bonus skill points to spend right off the bat depending on your imported character's level.

#1997 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think they've confirmed that you'll be able to change your class and appearance, just like in ME2. Apparently you'll also get some bonus skill points to spend right off the bat depending on your imported character's level.

cool.

I might have to make 1st contact with a different female this run through.

#1998 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

IMO you can do everything in the game in under 40 hours if you don't lolly gag. Maybe closer to 35 if you know exactly what you're doing.

#1999 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

thanks for the detailed rundown.

i'll be starting over w/my soldier on PT2 and probably set the difficulty to normal. I dont have the patience to try it on insane w/a higher lvl character...I'm on a schedule. :D this way I can knock out the other achievements, prep the world, and do the DLC's...and not have to planet scan as much as I'll already have some resources.

thanks for the tip on Stolen Memory and LOTSB. depending on how fast I go through the game I'll see if I can fit in the other DLC before I trigger the last event.

I needed a break from ME3 demo MP so I don't get too attached to my soon to be wiped progress.

To clarify, LoTSB gives you a new biotic ability and a way to re-spec your squadmates when you finish it. Stolen Memory gives you a new team member as well as the best SMG in the game when you finish it. That's why I think they're "required" to be played in the course of the game. Overlord and Arrival don't give you anything worthwhile except for XP, money and achievements.

#2000 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

To clarify, LoTSB gives you a new biotic ability and a way to re-spec your squadmates when you finish it. Stolen Memory gives you a new team member as well as the best SMG in the game when you finish it. That's why I think they're "required" to be played in the course of the game. Overlord and Arrival don't give you anything worthwhile except for XP, money and achievements.

yeah, i remembered ppl saying how good the rewards were in those 2 DLC's...plus having sexah squadmate would be nice. I'll try to iron those out sooner than later.

funny...a cilent just called and her name is EDI.

#2001 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

There are also some upgrades (tech upgrade in Kasumi, I think one of each in LOTSB). And you can upgrade stuff to 6/5 and 7/5 and get the extra bonuses.

#2002 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

There are also some upgrades (tech upgrade in Kasumi, I think one of each in LOTSB). And you can upgrade stuff to 6/5 and 7/5 and get the extra bonuses.

I think there always seems to be at least one upgrade in each of the DLC missions, save Firewalker.

#2003 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Kasumi is always first mission I do just for the locust.

#2004 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm wayyy late to the party, but can someone point me in the direction of some of the in-game (multiplayer?) bonuses you can earn before it comes out?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2005 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

"From Ashes" pics from Facebook:

http://www.facebook....08974424&type=1

Spoilers, I guess? These are officially published screenshots from the game that depict its people and places.

#2006 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm wayyy late to the party, but can someone point me in the direction of some of the in-game (multiplayer?) bonuses you can earn before it comes out?

You can't earn anything prior to release, unless you consider the recruitment packs from the mass effect app on facebook. It all gets erased once the game comes out.

"From Ashes" pics from Facebook:

http://www.facebook....08974424&type=1

Spoilers, I guess? These are officially published screenshots from the game that depict its people and places.

Spoiler

#2007 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2008 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

you're basically getting knowledge of 2 maps and how to effectively combat the enemy known as cerberus...and if you play enough of it and level up you get an idea of how you want to level up your character(s).

I'll level up my human soldier different this time if I planned to keep him. I read about the promotion system before retiring throw away classes.

#2009 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Spoiler

Awesome catch on
Spoiler

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#2010 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:13 PM

Awesome catch on

Spoiler

Spoiler