• Please log in to reply
9647 replies to this topic

#2011 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Spoiler

Impossible! It was already at maximum. At least, it was over 9000.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2012 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2013 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

We all gripe about the Phantoms in the MP demo, but those Banshee's already give me nightmares. I have a feeling they're going to be brutal.

Can't wait!! :whee:
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#2014 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

Those Banshee's remind me of the Siren's in Killing Floor.
Probably going to be a real bitch just like'em too.

#2015 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Question about ME 1. I'm trying to finish up my achivements on ME 1. I'm playing on Insanity right now and I need the ally achievements for Tali, Liara, and Ashley.

I'm playing as a soldier and I know that I can take only two with me but the it is pretty tough. I have been bringing Ashley and Liara so far, but I can't open any encryption crates! Any advice?

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#2016 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Spoiler

September 14, 2186

Cerberus expansion deemed “significant threat”

By Iris Dunnigan

CITADEL – A report by the salarian Special Tasks Group, warning of the increasing danger of human-supremacist group Cerberus, is garnering attention in the halls of the Citadel Tower. ANN has agreed not to publish the classified report’s contents, but experts within the STG, speaking on condition of anonymity, warn that what was once considered a small and extremely select group has grown drastically in size and power. “There has always been a segment of the human population that believes the Council government is lying to them,” said one agent. “Cerberus exploits that fear.” A confiscated recruitment video included in the report states the Cerberus mentality plainly: “Other species may talk with us, trade with us, even live with us, but when a crisis comes, we are on our own.”

Critics of the report are quick to point out its flaws. “This report covers ground that Spectre intelligence has already covered,” said one Tower insider. ”We know Cerberus has the ability to field many troops, build a stealth frigate, and conduct groundbreaking research. It’s been clear for months, even years, that Cerberus is growing in numbers, but when it comes to how Cerberus are able to do all this, STG only says, ‘we don’t know yet.’ It is past the point where that is acceptable.”

Link to Bioware Blog: http://blog.bioware.com/
Chubbyninja1319.png

#2017 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

From the Bioware Forums, from a member of the development team:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you some info that may or may not be encouraging :) we've noticed a healthy amount of debate around the reinforcement pack system and the random nature of unlocks.

In the demo, we recognize it can be difficult to unlock exactly the race/class/weapon you want to use without considerable play time.

What I can tell you is this: although the system is not likely going to go away, the demo has approximately half of the unlockable content that is present in the full game. While I can't speak to the chances of getting a very specific unlock, in general you should see more/better rewards from the packs you earn.

Edited by chubbyninja1319, 25 February 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#2018 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Question about ME 1. I'm trying to finish up my achivements on ME 1. I'm playing on Insanity right now and I need the ally achievements for Tali, Liara, and Ashley.

I'm playing as a soldier and I know that I can take only two with me but the it is pretty tough. I have been bringing Ashley and Liara so far, but I can't open any encryption crates! Any advice?

When you're done with the mission, go back and bring either Tali, Garrus or both of them and then you should be able to open up the crates.

I always did a "clean up" run after the mission was done to clean up those items, since they were useful items, either to use or to sell.

#2019 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

From the Bioware Forums, from a member of the development team:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you some info that may or may not be encouraging :) we've noticed a healthy amount of debate around the reinforcement pack system and the random nature of unlocks.

In the demo, we recognize it can be difficult to unlock exactly the race/class/weapon you want to use without considerable play time.

What I can tell you is this: although the system is not likely going to go away, the demo has approximately half of the unlockable content that is present in the full game. While I can't speak to the chances of getting a very specific unlock, in general you should see more/better rewards from the packs you earn.

I guess that's good news and bad news. I have yet to unlock any race other than human and I've put in a ton of hours on the demo...way too much for a demo. It seems like everyone else who has played at last 5 hours has gotten an Asari or Turian.

#2020 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

I guess that's good news and bad news. I have yet to unlock any race other than human and I've put in a ton of hours on the demo...way too much for a demo. It seems like everyone else who has played at last 5 hours has gotten an Asari or Turian.

Saw my first Quarian the other day. So, I think I've seen all the races at this point. I've only unlocked humans and an asari.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#2021 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

When you're done with the mission, go back and bring either Tali, Garrus or both of them and then you should be able to open up the crates.

I always did a "clean up" run after the mission was done to clean up those items, since they were useful items, either to use or to sell.

Cool, thanks for the help!

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#2022 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:44 AM

Cool, thanks for the help!

Happy to help.

#2023 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

all the goodies aren't intended to be unlocked in a week's worth of playing. i think ppl tend to want to unlock everything within the first weekend of playing, achievements, bonus content, etc. this isn't any different. in fact most games with a campaign and a mp mode can be finished in a weekend.

my N lvl is about 80 something and this is just the demo, I haven't unlocked the Krogan but I've gotten all the other races for the most part and multiples of some of them which unlocked additional appearance features...4 special wpns and multiple upgrades for each.

recruit packs are easy to obtain. if 2 infiltrators can duo bronze w/sniper riflies in 18 mins 4 players with avg + gaming skills should plow through that in the same time or less. Besides, Veteran packs are what get you a guarenteed uncommon or better. recruit packs are more for impatient ppl who like to gamble or just dont care and want ammo and medi gel.

I'm fine with the buying system, i know ill get 100+ hours of MP ME3 on bronze and silver alone for sure and add that to my galatic readiness.

#2024 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Bronze is a breeze finally, and on my first three tries I got two more races! Last one I need is the Asari. Love the biotic powers, and it's beating me up trying to unlock them. What's the best build for Asasi?

I tried out the drell vanguard. Don't get it. Starting barrier strength of 300? I was getting wiped out like crazy! The other ones I played with today either did the same or stayed back and mashed on pull.

Got into a good groove with a random guy in matchmaking. We did both stages on bronze, just the two of us, with neither of us being knocked down once. We got 15k bonus for "all waves survived". Seems like that bonus only works if all players never get knocked down. He was using a lvl16 Krogan and I was a level 13 salarian. Pinky and the Brain. :) The infiltrator class is great in multi, I would cloak run into a crowd and revive a teammate before running back out.

Edited by Lord_Kefka, 26 February 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#2025 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

Bronze is a breeze finally, and on my first three tries I got two more races! Last one I need is the Asari. Love the biotic powers, and it's beating me up trying to unlock them. What's the best build for Asasi?

I tried out the drell vanguard. Don't get it. Starting barrier strength of 300? I was getting wiped out like crazy! The other ones I played with today either did the same or stayed back and mashed on pull.

Got into a good groove with a random guy in matchmaking. We did both stages on bronze, just the two of us, with neither of us being knocked down once. We got 15k bonus for "all waves survived". Seems like that bonus only works if all players never get knocked down. He was using a lvl16 Krogan and I was a level 13 salarian. Pinky and the Brain. :) The infiltrator class is great in multi, I would cloak run into a crowd and revive a teammate before running back out.

there really isn't a best build but to be able to be effective and not go down quickly...I suppose the worst build would be investing heavily in melee damage but never using it.

it's really up to your play style, the nice thing about the humans in each class is, they're the same...so you could essentially have 1 for randoms and 1 for party play, and the other two for whatever tickles your fancy if and when you unlock them.

I hope there's a lot more wpns to unlock in MP vs what's been seen so far.

#2026 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

You tend to want to spam biotics as Asari so travel light. Pimp out a phalanx and you're set.

#2027 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

Played the multiplayer for the first time last night.

I had a rough go of it the first couple of rounds, but once I got accustomed on how my guy moves around and the weapons he had, I didn't have much of a problem at all. Biggest adjustment though was melees. I was eventually able to time and position the third one so I'm not doing some special punch at air anymore.

I managed to level my Human Male Adept to level 9. Didn't really get any weapons unlocked, but I did unlock a Krogan soldier.

#2028 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

New live action trailer. Sorry if it's been posted, I've been avoiding the thread.

Posted Image

#2029 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

You tend to want to spam biotics as Asari so travel light. Pimp out a phalanx and you're set.

Same with vanguard. Then you can charge + nova then charge again almost immediately. A vanguard like this will dominate the score.

#2030 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

the max you can get for recharge time is +200%, i can get +194 for the AR (avenger) and +174% with the sniper rifle (mantis). Unless you're investing in the hvy pistol asari training, i don't think you'll see the difference between +194% and +200% in recharge time.

...that's just how i roll though.

#2031 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

Same with vanguard. Then you can charge + nova then charge again almost immediately. A vanguard like this will dominate the score.

Not against 15 phantoms :P

the max you can get for recharge time is +200%, i can get +194 for the AR (avenger) and +174% with the sniper rifle (mantis). Unless you're investing in the hvy pistol asari training, i don't think you'll see the difference between +194% and +200% in recharge time.

...that's just how i roll though.

Gun preference definitely is a factor yea, I just find getting headshots with a pistol easier for me (my phalanx x has higher damage and less recoil than any of my ARs) and on gold where it takes significantly more shots to bring anything down I panic less if I have steadier aim. On the other hand my squad mate rolls with the widow and is so comfortable with it he can quick scope with the same accuracy as my pistol shots. The general idea I was trying to say though was keep your load light so you can spam ;)

#2032 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Yep, i just run a Carnifex with scope and extended barrell, so my 19 Krogan soldier has Carnage every 2.7 seconds, with 1100 health and 1400 shields, rage boost, and 2 shot kills... the Krogan Soldier is a beast... too bad after probably 30 veteran packs i STILL have not unlocked another race yet.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#2033 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

Screenshots of the casual outfit options in ME3. There are a lot of them, some of them are pretty funny, and at least one (it's marked) could be considered a story spoiler.

ETA: Armor sets (most of which already appeared in ME2)

Edited by Ryuukishi, 27 February 2012 - 01:54 AM.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2034 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

Oh wow the Blood Dragon armor looks awesome!
Chubbyninja1319.png

#2035 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Screenshots of the casual outfit options in ME3. There are a lot of them, some of them are pretty funny, and at least one (it's marked) could be considered a story spoiler.

ETA: Armor sets (most of which already appeared in ME2)

I really like FemShep's
Spoiler

#2036 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

It's looking like we actually have option to not wear the helmets on some of the armors this time? some of them (like inferno and such) were too bulky/stupid looking in ME2 and I wanted to have option to use cool armors without the helmets, so that's cool to see.

also, can anyone tell me exactly what, or if, anything carries over from MP demo into ME3? I'm at level 10 and wondering if its worth keep leveling up, if none of it carries over I'll probably just stop playing and wait for the game to come out.

#2037 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Not against 15 phantoms :P

Gun preference definitely is a factor yea, I just find getting headshots with a pistol easier for me (my phalanx x has higher damage and less recoil than any of my ARs) and on gold where it takes significantly more shots to bring anything down I panic less if I have steadier aim. On the other hand my squad mate rolls with the widow and is so comfortable with it he can quick scope with the same accuracy as my pistol shots. The general idea I was trying to say though was keep your load light so you can spam ;)

word.

I have yet to attempt gold w/a squad vs a bunch of disorganized randoms.

I think for the asari adept i took the 20% more headshot dmg perk as well.

it's funny, my copy of ME2 has about $20 worth of tolls infront of it, it's cheaper for me to buy a new copy...and even crazy cheaper to get it from BB using the gamer mag coupon. alas, I will not have time to play ME2 before ME3 comes out due to my work schedule.

#2038 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

It's looking like we actually have option to not wear the helmets on some of the armors this time? some of them (like inferno and such) were too bulky/stupid looking in ME2 and I wanted to have option to use cool armors without the helmets, so that's cool to see.

Pretty sure nothing carries over... Sort of hope so too now. I've yet to even try the MP side out as I got caught up in other things.

#2039 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Pretty sure nothing carries over... Sort of hope so too now. I've yet to even try the MP side out as I got caught up in other things.

I thought I read something carries over if you reach level 20, maybe I read wrong though.

#2040 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Just finished a Silver run with a group of disorganized coworkers. Sigh. If not for me being Asari Adept w/ Stasis Bubble, we would have been so screwed in several occasions.