Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9299 replies to this topic

#2071 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

yeah i have found that being the charge in Krogan gets you dead fast with teh horrible hit detection of melee... wqhich i hope changes in release... nothing more annoying or unrealistic than a full on charge that swipes through them or fails to hit them as they fall because it seems to not be possible to aim down.

all in all i can see several classes excelling in MP, i really think the pistol/powers combo is going to be the most efficient, but i still wanna try a wide variety and see how well they bounce off others for support. Finally unlocked another race in the Quarian engineer and am now in the market for a Claymore which i have only seen once.

ill be loggin in for a few rounds of whatever if anyone wants to add me up.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#2072 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Apparently the penalty for touching one of those map-roaming Reapers is instant game over.

Doesn't really make sense. So you go back to the auto save the game did right after you went into exploration mode?

#2073 bisquit

bisquit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Lol this made me laugh. the reason why you can't preorder it anymore

http://www.amazon.co...30449499&sr=8-1
"Your halo's slipping down to choke you now..."
-A Perfect Circle

#2074 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Lol this made me laugh. the reason why you can't preorder it anymore

http://www.amazon.co...30449499&sr=8-1

As is this thread as people run around trying to find them right before release date:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315175

#2075 buddynayr

buddynayr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I've been trying to stay in the dark about this game as much as possible, so I don't get anything ruined for me. Can't decide if I should preorder with Amazon or just run to Best Buy Tuesday morning.

#2076 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

anyone want to do some me3 demo multiplayer today send me a friend inv, got asari adept yesterday finally and loving it, only other char I've unlocked is drell vangaurd

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#2077 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

As is this thread as people run around trying to find them right before release date:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315175

Not trying to call anyone out, but it always kind of amazes me that people are scrambling around right before/on/after the release date trying to get CEs, when it's been available for preorder for months.

I mean, it doesn't surprise me that some people who don't follow games super closely would just be unaware of the release until after the fact, and would need to hit eBay for a CE. But this is CAG! You'd think everyone who's into games enough to be a member at a site like this would be well aware that they could preorder in advance.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2078 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Not trying to call anyone out, but it always kind of amazes me that people are scrambling around right before/on/after the release date trying to get CEs, when it's been available for preorder for months.

I mean, it doesn't surprise me that some people who don't follow games super closely would just be unaware of the release until after the fact, and would need to hit eBay for a CE. But this is CAG! You'd think everyone who's into games enough to be a member at a site like this would be well aware that they could preorder in advance.

You can nail down a pre-order at Amazon and never have to worry about it until right before release, when you'd have to pay for it. You'd be covered just in case you don't find a better deal beforehand.

Anyone who frequents this site even just a little should know the drill by now.

As I commented about in said thread:

I'd say zero to none pre-release. Post-release, however, there's a very slim chance. Whenever a CE sells out, Amazon almost always puts it back up for a very short period because of returns.

There's also usually some that comes back into the order availability because people forget to update their credit card information or some other stupid move that prevents the order from being processed.

I doubt you will see any more from now until release date save the occasional pre-order cancellation, though they're likely to be non-existent at this point.

Maybe in the first 30 days after release, with returns, though beyond that, it should depend if EA allows any more stock to hit the channel besides pre-orders. After 30 days post-release, I'd say that it's likely to be gone.

Everyone that was running around the last few weeks trying to secure a pre-order, good luck with that, though it's been months of time before now that could have a pre-order secured.

#2079 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Exactly.

I think I found a buyer for my extra copy of the CE. :) My brother finally tried ME2, and he's become an instant obsessed superfan. And it only took two years of me hammering on him! :lol:

#2080 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Exactly.

I think I found a buyer for my extra copy of the CE. :) My brother finally tried ME2, and he's become an instant obsessed superfan. And it only took two years of me hammering on him! :lol:

Good job on that one. ;)

#2081 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

If you have a GS that is run by a manager that follows the letter of the law, any unsold CE that was reserved is available for free sell starting on Friday morning, unless someone called and asked if it was held a little later for financial reasons.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#2082 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

You can nail down a pre-order at Amazon and never have to worry about it until right before release, when you'd have to pay for it. You'd be covered just in case you don't find a better deal beforehand.

As I commented about in said thread:

Thanks for posting that. I forgot my amazon.com card expired at the first of the year. I just changed it to another card. Funny thing is I don't remember getting a new amazon card.
Posted Image

#2083 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

A very bad-ass article (IMO) about why Mass Effect is the most important scifi universe of our generation (it's on io9.com, so if you dislike io9/Kotaku/Gawker/etc., this link isn't for you):

http://io9.com/58861...-our-generation

I thought it was a fascinating read, though it's spoilerific if you've gone through ME1 + ME2, and since it's in here, you obviously have. :D

#2084 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

A very bad-ass article (IMO) about why Mass Effect is the most important scifi universe of our generation (it's on io9.com, so if you dislike io9/Kotaku/Gawker/etc., this link isn't for you):

http://io9.com/58861...-our-generation

I thought it was a fascinating read, though it's spoilerific if you've gone through ME1 + ME2, and since it's in here, you obviously have. :D

So much butthurt in the comments :D

On a sidenote, anyone know about the review embargo for this game? Monday? Tuesday?

#2085 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

So much butthurt in the comments :D

On a sidenote, anyone know about the review embargo for this game? Monday? Tuesday?

There's always some butthurt people making comments with broad-sweeping statements like in this article.

I think the review embargo is likely to be Tuesday, though we'll probably see some inking out later Monday evening. Since Europe gets it on the 9th, we won't see any advance reviews from there.

#2086 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

And in the, this is so mindblowing, it deserves a double post department, looks like finally come full circle with ME3 in the romance department:

Spoiler

#2087 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

And in the, this is so mindblowing, it deserves a double post department, looks like finally come full circle with ME3 in the romance department:

Spoiler

#2088 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Spoiler

Genius.

#2089 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Oh boy. Get ready for...

Spoiler

#2090 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Spoiler

#2091 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2092 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

Spoiler

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#2093 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

why is gay discussion in spoilers? lol not like its a new development especially for Bioware. I remember the HUGE controversy about the sex scene in general in ME1 and for the first time in FOREVER stood up and clapped at the TV when Adam Sessler gave his bit on it.. for those that want to relive its awesome, here ya go!

http://www.g4tv.com/...nd-mass-effect/

I have respected the Sess ever since and adore his "go Fuck yourself" idiot speeches.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Saints Row 4, Steam Games

fs_overall.png

#2094 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Anyone watch the thing on x play tonight?

#2095 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

There's always some butthurt people making comments with broad-sweeping statements like in this article.

I think the review embargo is likely to be Tuesday, though we'll probably see some inking out later Monday evening. Since Europe gets it on the 9th, we won't see any advance reviews from there.

I think IGN gets to release theirs on Friday. Their review in progress is up.

#2096 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

Well... after getting some clarification on the endings of this game
Spoiler

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#2097 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Remember when Fox ran that piece about Mass Effect and calling the Xbox the Sex-box? I got an Entertainment Weekly sent to my house a few weeks ago and on the cover was something about Vampire Diaries and there was a chick in her underwear on the freaking cover. It's a family magazine!!! God forbid you get a blue digitized alien ass for 2 seconds out of 50+ hours of gameplay though...

EDIT: here is the cover:

Spoiler

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2098 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Anyone watch the thing on x play tonight?

http://www.g4tv.com/...ive/?quality=hd

#2099 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well... after getting some clarification on the endings of this game

Spoiler

Based on what little I know of the ending, it seems a lot of people have unrealistic expectations as to how this could be resolved. That doesn't mean it can't be done well though.

Remember when Fox ran that piece about Mass Effect and calling the Xbox the Sex-box? I got an Entertainment Weekly sent to my house a few weeks ago and on the cover was something about Vampire Diaries and there was a chick in her underwear on the freaking cover. It's a family magazine!!! God forbid you get a blue digitized alien ass for 2 seconds out of 50+ hours of gameplay though...

EDIT: here is the cover:

Spoiler

This is a SEX SIMULATOR. Don't you get that?

http://www.g4tv.com/...ive/?quality=hd

Nice. Definitely spoilers though. You learn a new main quest task and see some new enemies.

#2100 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Virtual Orgasmic Rape.

Posted Image