Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
9630 replies to this topic

#2191 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

anyone notice at 1:33 of the launch trailer there was

Spoiler

I've seriously watched this thing like 20 times already.

Spoiler

#2192 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

anyone notice at 1:33 of the launch trailer there was

Spoiler

I've seriously watched this thing like 20 times already.

I guess the launch trailer is our Zapruder film, analyzing it from all angles to find the shooter on the grassy knoll? :lol:

#2193 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Spoiler
is also apparently in it, I saw the screengrab on BSN but I'm not sure where it is in the video.

Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2194 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

Spoiler
is also apparently in it, I saw the screengrab on BSN but I'm not sure where it is in the video.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2195 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

I guess the launch trailer is our Zapruder film, analyzing it from all angles to find the shooter on the grassy knoll? :lol:

Indeed :)

also notice the
Spoiler

I see a lot of things that will be tied in, and a lot of people that can die or be sacrificed as they have already resolved their major issues or can resolve them by doing so... I am soooo ready to play the shit outa this game though.

Currently Playing:

:pc: Payday 2 , Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic

fs_overall.png

#2196 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

One thing I'm confused about is
Spoiler

#2197 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Spoiler

What I have read is
Spoiler

#2198 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Spoiler

you pretty much hit the nail on the head i think, everyone that has moved on to other roles
Spoiler
and have their own responsibilities and Goals to accomplish, will interact with Shepard as those things come to light in the story. I feel that we are not on the suicide mission anymore so its now kinda like calling up old friends for favors, which you will do while attending to their issues or roles
Spoiler
Once you have that task done, you move to other issues and species.. all of which you have some sort of character contact... except
Spoiler

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#2199 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2200 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

you prety much hit the nail on the head i think, everyone that has moved on to other roles

Spoiler
and have their own responsibilities and Goals to accomplish, will interact with Shepard as those things come to light in the story. I feel that we are not on the suicide mission anymore so its now kinda like calling up old friends for favors, which you will do while attending to their issues or roles
Spoiler
Once you have that task done, you move to other issues and species.. all of which you have some sort of character contact... excet
Spoiler

Spoiler

#2201 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

and who is the tech chick at 0:49. The only person i can see semi fitting the profile is Gillian Grayson, but she is Biotic not tech.. perhaps just a random human but... inquiring minds wanna know.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#2202 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

and who is the tech chick at 0:49. The only person i can see semi fitting the profile is Gillian Grayson, but she is Biotic not tech.. perhaps just a random human but... inquiring minds wanna know.

There's a lot of speculation on BSN that it's
Spoiler

Speaking of BSN, I think I'm going to stay away after today. People are starting to put mild spoilers (squadmate names and so forth) in thread titles, but I have a feeling it's only going to escalate from here. I'm not interested in finding out about major plot twists or how the game ends from some mook on BSN. :lol:

#2203 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I wonder if they are
Spoiler

#2204 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

There's a lot of speculation on BSN that it's

Spoiler

Speaking of BSN, I think I'm going to stay away after today. People are starting to put mild spoilers (squadmate names and so forth) in thread titles, but I have a feeling it's only going to escalate from here. I'm not interested in finding out about major plot twists or how the game ends from some mook on BSN. :lol:

Makes sense, i dont go anywhere but here and youtube for direct release vids, im not spoiling anything major either til i get to experience it first hand!

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#2205 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

I wonder if they are

Spoiler

It would be cool if
Spoiler

#2206 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Just watched the launch trailer, and I agree, it's goosebump-worthy.

I do need to watch it in 720p at home on the big TV, though it's the best launch trailer they've done from ME1 to ME2 to ME3.

#2207 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

In other news, just received my email from B&N about the pre-order DLC code from the Art Of The Mass Effect Universe book purchase.

Redeemed it on Bioware Social Network and it came up as "Unrecognized Item", though it was successfully redeemed. :-s

Might want to wait until Tuesday before redeeming, just to be safe. I did see that I had the Chakram Launcher and the Reckoner-Knight listed under my registered game content with the ME3 "3" next to them. The MP early access was also listed there as well.

EDIT:
Found this posted by The Crotch in the GGT thread about the changes in the rep system, which isn't spoilerific, BTW:

So I went and read something about Mass Effect 3. I willingly put myself in danger of spoilers.

And it was totally worth it. Not spoilers ahead:

There's no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade: In Mass Effect 2, if you wanted to get the hardest Charm options, you had to play an almost completely Paragon character. We intended many of those Charms to be fun Easter eggs, but many players felt like they had to play pure Paragon to avoid being penalized by the loss of a dialog option. In Mass Effect 3, your Reputation score determines both Charm and Intimidate options, and that score is determined by adding your Paragon and Renegade scores together. You're still rewarded for being a completionist player and doing as much content as you can, but you can do it as a Paragon or Renegade player without penalty.

Perfect? No. But a billionty times better than what ME2 and ME1 used. Such a huge improvement. Like, if the charm/intimidate system in ME1 and 2 were "Good Berries", then ME3's system would be "Cure Major Wounds" or something.

#2208 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, I always wondered why the hell I was getting Renegade points in ME2 when I was doing a pure Paragon path. I always neglect to post this stuff because I assume someone else already has, otherwise I would have posted that :)

#2209 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Lots o' footage of the Menae mission at Gamespot: http://www.gamespot....ffect_320120302

#2210 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm considering selling my CE of the game. I'm just not that excited for it anymore and I need the money.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#2211 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Soooo... should I watch the ME3 launch trailer or maybe skip it and get most of it from the game once I grab it on the 6th!?
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2212 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Soooo... should I watch the ME3 launch trailer or maybe skip it and get most of it from the game once I grab it on the 6th!?

watch it. love it. play it.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#2213 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

I just got a chance to watch the official launch trailer. Wow, just when I think they've reached the top, they figure out a way to leap over it. That was flat out amazing. Got goosebumps from another stupid ME3 trailer! That music is haunting.

I checked raptr and it says I've played the demo for 9 hours. I know that's paltry compared to some of the folks on this thread, but still......9 hours on a demo!

So glad I got Tuesday off of work. :)
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#2214 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

hey now, just got the DLC code from B&N's for ordering the Art of ME universe book...which I hope doesn't make the ME3 CE art book redundant.

#2215 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Ok watched the trailer, it's everything I wanted and more... Oh man, ahhh this freakin' weekend when will it end! lol Work on Tuesday is going to be paaaaainful.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#2216 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

Ok watched the trailer, it's everything I wanted and more... Oh man, ahhh this freakin' weekend when will it end! lol Work on Tuesday is going to be paaaaainful.

Midnight launch, my friend. Embrace irresponsibility.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#2217 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Is it bad that I never imported my save from ME1 into ME2 and wont import my save from ME2 to ME3? I plan on beating ME1 on the hardest level after ME3 then importing it to ME2 and doing the same with ME2 then importing it to ME3.

Has anyone tried to hijack an Atlas in multiplayer? I didn't even know you could do it.
Posted Image

#2218 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Is it bad that I never imported my save from ME1 into ME2 and wont import my save from ME2 to ME3? I plan on beating ME1 on the hardest level after ME3 then importing it to ME2 and doing the same with ME2 then importing it to ME3.

Has anyone tried to hijack an Atlas in multiplayer? I didn't even know you could do it.

its not bad, you just get less bonuses and a not quite fluent experience. Hell, I played ME2 before ME1 as i actually wan't fond of ME1 until i beat ME2. I plan to go through my 3 complete playthroughs in ME3 from imports, then turn around and do a trilogy run with another character.

as far as hijacking an Atlas, no you cannot. I tried nothing but carnifex and widow shots to the glass and it never breaks. I'll be at midnight launch, probably up all night... and took vacation for a week after release... awww sweet sweet Mass Effecting time. Amazon is shipping my one CE 2 CE guides, regular guide, and sealed Japanese ME1, picking up my other 2 CE's and regular edition from Gamestop at midnight.

I am finishing the trainwreck that is Mass Effect Deception just to be all caught up before I dive in, and have already warned the wife I may be a little vacant for at least 2 - 3 days after launch... the glories of being a gamer.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png

#2219 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hell after the 6th you wont seem me post in this thread for maybe 2 or 3 months. With all the work we have at work I don't know when I will be able to play ME3. I might be able to get a day in every 2 weeks. After single player I'm going into the multi and starting back at ME and playing all 3. If I had to get rid of all my games I will say this is a trilogy I would fight to keep.
Posted Image

#2220 Freemason

Freemason

I'd Hit That...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hell after the 6th you wont seem me post in this thread for maybe 2 or 3 months. With all the work we have at work I don't know when I will be able to play ME3. I might be able to get a day in every 2 weeks. After single player I'm going into the multi and starting back at ME and playing all 3. If I had to get rid of all my games I will say this is a trilogy I would fight to keep.

Same here, i but 192 hours into Skyrim, I've put about 100 into ME1, 120 into ME2, and xxx into ME3. With my 3rd baby in December, i realized i have no need to horde games and sold most and am cutting down to only what i will play a lot. Skyrim, Saints Row TT, MW3, BF3, Dead Island, Fallout 3 and NV, and ME 1 - 3. Now I collect Mass Effect everything instead of hording backlog. I could easily spend another 200+ hours (and plan to) go back through with all the other classes in trilogy runs with at least one on insane to get all the achievements just because.

Currently Playing:

fs_overall.png