Halo Reach Legendary Edition $69.99 - Amazon DotD

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

At this point I'm not even sure I want it... without the allure of a new release, I see it as just a statue and a bunch of extra info. :D

#32 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

I just want the LE to drop to $40.

#33 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

So it the documentary on the code sheet? Haven't touched it yet as I want to sell the codes but that sucks if true.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#34 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Yep, just snagged one myself.

I would never normally even pay that much for it, but coincidentally my son happened to go with me to Gamestop tonight and saw that they had it for $80 and told me he wanted that for Christmas. He already has the game and in fact I just bought him ODST tonight with the B2G1 (got a completely mint copy - obviously one GS converted to used from brand new). Anyway, I don't think he really expects me to get it (since he knows he's already getting an iPod Touch) so this will be a semi-surprise for him.

With the $10 savings, I figured I'd just save myself the trip and get it from the DotD. I didn't realize that was only a $10 drop from their "normal" price, but that makes sense since they would most likely have been matching GS's price before. I guess I could have gone with GS.com and used one of my last few $10 off coupons from the deals last Spring. But I'll save those for other things.

Of course, I will now end up with 2 copies of the game. If Amazon is giving $30.50 for it, maybe I'll just send it there: makes the Legendary stuff just $40 in Amazon credit... Just checked, it isn't $30.50, it is $27.75... Well, that sucks... But it is a better deal than the trade-in value of the Legendary Edition itself (for which they'd expect every last piece): $28!

A question for those who have it, is the copy of Reach within the Legendary Edition the normal one with the same UPC or is it in a different case or have different cover art? If it is different, is there anything (like DLC codes) included in the Halo Reach game case? I'm just wondering if maybe I can simply sell the game off new (still sealed) as that might get me a bit more than the $27.75 from Amazon. Edit: I think I answered my own question by looking at the picture at Amazon. It looks like it is in a black case and the cover art is different. That is just like the Fable III CE game... But, does the case have any bonus DLC stuff in it like the Fable III one does? In other words, if you want to keep all the extras but get rid of the game do you have to open it (the game case itself that is) to take out any goodies?

IO you might want to see if that Gamestop still has the Halo 3 ODST green controller. If it was a CE then they might if they haven't sold it but no way to know as all copies of the game (standard and CE) were the same but the CE was in plastic packaging with the controller bundled with it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#35 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

I predicted six months. Man, I was way off. It only took half that. Makes you wonder why anyone ever pays $150 for one of these. I learned my lesson after the Halo 3 one. Let this be a lesson to all. CE's will always show up for cheaper later unless the game is named World of Warcraft.

Or ...
Tales of Vesperia
Mass Effect
Demon's Soul

42869.png

#36 io

io

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:20 AM

Or ...
Tales of Vesperia
Mass Effect
Demon's Soul

I don't buy many CE's, but I'm proud to have bought 2 of those 3 at least (Vesperia and Demon's Souls). DS, it was clear right away was worth a lot. Vesperia wasn't so much in the beginning but definitely is now.

Anyway, I just noticed that not only did the Halo Reach Legendary Edition not sell out as a DotD, it is still priced at the DotD pricing ($69.99) the following day. So much for the "DotD". Oh well, still glad I got it as my son is asking daily for it for Christmas. So this works.

Oh, and by the way, the trade-in DotD for today (12/14) is Halo Reach for $32 (up from $27.25 yesterday). It would have to be the regular version (with the standard UPC - they are very strict about that), but if you want to "upgrade" from the regular to the Legendary, it will only cost you $38 with this trade-in DotD.

My dilemma is that my son plays the game daily and in order to do this I will have to take his copy away temporarily. I have a week from now to ship it, but that leaves about a week when he's off school leading up to Christmas where he won't have it. Or I'll have to give him the game from the Legendary edition and either just let him know he's getting it for sure (he certainly doesn't expect it though he keeps asking for it) or make up some sort of story. I do so much game trading that I'm sure I can cover it with some BS excuse ;).

#37 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

great price for what you get....aren't the codes for flaming helmet still selling for alot on ebay?
Posted Image

#38 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Went ahead and grabbed one. I missed out on the Halo 3 LE by not grabbing it at $50. I definitely don't want to make that mistake again.

#39 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:19 PM

Went ahead and grabbed one. I missed out on the Halo 3 LE by not grabbing it at $50. I definitely don't want to make that mistake again.

You missed out by not grabbing the Halo 3 Legendary at $50? I got mine new for $30 sometime last year.

SteamWidget.PNG

#40 KillerTigger

KillerTigger

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Halo Reach Legendary is now available for $69.99 @ Amazon with free super saver shipping. This is $80 (or 53%) off the regular cost _ apply for an amazon account and get it $10 less, or $59.99 delivered. This gets you the full Legendary edition with the statue and all the goodies, delivered, for less than the cost of the game alone at most retailers!
:D

Edited by KillerTigger, 14 December 2010 - 08:10 PM.
typo

#41 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=281303

#42 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Halo Reach Legendary is now available for $69.99 @ Amazon with free super saver shipping. This is $80 (or 53%) off the regular cost _ apply for an amazon account and get it $10 less, or $59.99 delivered. This gets you the full Legendary edition with the statue and all the goodies, delivered, for less than the cost of the game alone at most retailers!
:D

Where the hell are you shopping?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#43 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

wow, i'd get this if i had an xbox and i don't even like halo. really makes me rethink my pre-order of deus ex collector's edition (ps3) from gamestop. there's really no point to ordering such things so early. hopefully, i can get my $10 back.

#44 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

You missed out by not grabbing the Halo 3 Legendary at $50? I got mine new for $30 sometime last year.

From where? I definitely don't remember that deal.

#45 KillerTigger

KillerTigger

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Don't know if it actually hit $30, but I distinctly remember paying less than $50 ($39.99 maybe?) for Halo 3 Legendary @ NewEgg in mid-2009. Bought a set of 3 and was covered for two birthday gifts and a Christmas for less than MSRP of one:)