Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#181 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Again, if they can provide proof that the item was shipped, they are not going to be held responsible. Their obligation only lasts until the point that the item leaves their possession. Do you really, truly think that any court is going to hold a seller responsible for the postal service's Fuck up?

Do you think any court is going to find a consumer liable for not recieving a product they paid for when they have no control over the packing or shipping process? The fault is with amazon who has a special business account with the postal service and can take steps to identify and troubleshoot how the package was lost.

They assume liability until the item has been delivered to the customer at which point the customer is responsible for the merchandise. Its the businesses responsibility to get it to the customer. If their postal service loses the package they need to refund it or send a replacement and then take the issue up with the post office.

That's standard business law. It's also why amazon will re-send a package if you report it as never having been delivered because they know it will be their responsibility. They will then contact the post office and investigate if they feel its worth it.

#182 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Do you think any court is going to find a consumer liable for not recieving a product they paid for when they have no control over the packing or shipping process? The fault is with amazon who has a special business account with the postal service and can take steps to identify and troubleshoot how the package was lost.

They assume liability until the item has been delivered to the customer at which point the customer is responsible for the merchandise. Its the businesses responsibility to get it to the customer. If their postal service loses the package they need to refund it or send a replacement and then take the issue up with the post office.

That's standard business law. It's also why amazon will re-send a package if you report it as never having been delivered because they know it will be their responsibility. They will then contact the post office and investigate if they feel its worth it.

This would actually fall under contract law, just sayin'. I mean there could be statutory protections as well but considering the statutes that would be applicable are European Union or United Kingdom, they wouldn't mean much because you're not a EU/UK citizen.

#183 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'm no expert but we have trade laws with EU and since they are shipping to the US they are subject to some of our laws, but either way last time I checked contract laws for the EU for this were the same as the US.

Either way any reasonable court would hold the business liable since the customer has no control over shipping services, packing, etc. It's all dependant on the business.

Amazon.uk already contacted me and told me that if i haven't recieved my order by the 18th they will ship out a replacement so they have basically acnowledged they are responsible.

#184 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'm no expert but we have trade laws with EU and since they are shipping to the US they are subject to some of our laws, but either way last time I checked contract laws for the EU for this were the same as the US.

Either way any reasonable court would hold the business liable since the customer has no control over shipping services, packing, etc. It's all dependant on the business.

Amazon.uk already contacted me and told me that if i haven't recieved my order by the 18th they will ship out a replacement so they have basically acnowledged they are responsible.

Believe me, the legal analysis of this problem is far more in depth than that.

#185 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

My replacement copy finally showed up today, about 40 days after dispatch.

Handed it off to the USPS as delivery refused and asked them to return it to sender.

#186 leshrac55

leshrac55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

I still have yet to receive my replacement order (after the first order was supposedly returned)... Delivery estimate was Feb 11, so hopefully will make it soon. I ordered Jan 20.

#187 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

Just because they are sending you a new one doesn't mean they are acknowledging responsibility. In my eyes, they are just trying to keep their customer happy (plus I guarantee they put insurance on almost every item they ship out, so it's not like they lose any money off of lost items). You think you'd ever shop at Amazon again if they said "Sorry, we can't do anything about it" and made you take it up with the USPS? I most certainly would not. It is worth it to spend the extra money to replace your item than risk losing you as a customer.

I highly doubt Amazon would assume responsibility for a lost item. If you sued Amazon, they would defer it to USPS/UPS/FedEx/or whoever.

That being said, I have not read the Amazon EULA and I can bet it says something in there about lost items.

SteamWidget.PNG

#188 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

I wish this thread would die. Everytime I see it I secretly hope it's the US amazon then about a half a second later I realize it's this UK horror story thread :( :lol:

#189 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:21 AM

I wish this thread would die. Everytime I see it I secretly hope it's the US amazon then about a half a second later I realize it's this UK horror story thread :( :lol:

Is the title of this thread, "Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK" really that unclear? :lol:

#190 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

Is the title of this thread, "Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped from Amazon UK" really that unclear? :lol:

I read it as, Alien Anthology [Blu-Ray] ONLY $47 shipped [/B] on the forum index page, then get a little giddy and see from Amazon UK and am like, :cry: well...I was hoping maybe today was the day it dropped in price :lol:

#191 killthemall4444

killthemall4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

So my Anthology was supposed to show up around the end of January and of course it didn't. I'm not sure if there is any chance of the package being rerouted to my new address but I really doubt it. The old landlord would probably notify me if any packages showed up at the old address but who knows. Regardless I don't have to worry because when I contacted Amazon UK's customer service earlier tonight they quickly responed and told me I'd be given a full refund. They also mentioned that if I ever recieve the Alien blu-rays in the mail that I can simply keep them or perhaps donate them to a local charity. They also mentioned that I could let them know that I'd recieved the items and they could charge me the $45. Amazing customer service.

#192 Brian9824

Brian9824

CAG-Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

I had ordered 2 other bluray series with Anthology so hope they show up soon or that my replacement arrives.

#193 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

Bump? Didn't see another thread about the new price drop. This set is now around $34 shipped. Just ordered mine.

my source: http://slickdeals.ne...-box-set-bluray

#194 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Wow. Damn, I wish I had waited -- I haven't gotten around to watching mine yet other than putting the first movie in for a few minutes to check out how it looked on blu-ray. Didn't think it would drop like that anytime soon . . .

For anyone that's hesitant because of our earlier experiences with Amazon UK's shipping, I will say that it seems like they've gotten the issue under control. I've done a couple of orders more recently and have gotten them in a much more timely manner. That's not a guarantee, of course, but maybe it will help you to decide.

#195 gar3

gar3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Thank you for the bump! Just bought for $33~ shipped.