Photo
- - - - -

(UPDATED) MW 1&2 pack 34.99, Split Second 360 16.99 & other Video Game deals @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 rpgfan

rpgfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Now that this has brought up, I want to know if the game itself differs if its a GH or black label?

#32 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Swept In Sound ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

Wow. Us soldiers in afganistan have to burn their feces as a way of life and you weirdos freak out over something as trivial as cases. When you die you can't take it with you and all that will remain is a house full of crap.

This is a silly comparison to make. I see your viewpoint but as a collector, uniformity is key. On a broader scope, game cases are of little consequence when the facts of life are brought into the equation. No one would deny that. This, however, is simply a matter of preference. No need for a war of words over something so "trivial", agreed?

#33 Heavyd814life

Heavyd814life

♥ Swept In Sound ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Now that this has brought up, I want to know if the game itself differs if its a GH or black label?

doubt it

#34 gorebago

gorebago

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:00 AM

Fair enough. In the words of bill withers, "let us love one another".

#35 PS2gamerGCN

PS2gamerGCN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

In for a copy of Dead Space... really regret passing it up when EA had it for $9.99 a few months back. Don't really care at the GH case thing at this point... I have 3 in my collection due to this past Black Friday. Besides, there's a chance that Amazon may still have old stock of the game -- I ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 6 months after the release of UC2 (and UC's greatest hit release) and I received an original copy of the game.

#36 g-man

g-man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

hmmmm..if I were an OCD collector, and I knew purchasing a game 6 months after release might cause my collection to be tainted by an ugly red case, I would just buy the game earlier.

or I would buy cheap, crappy games (such as 2+ year old sports games) for $1 and swap the cases.

#37 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

The MW pack is REALLY tempting. My only concern would be replay value as I'm not too into MP. How are the campaigns?

#38 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

hmmmm..if I were an OCD collector, and I knew purchasing a game 6 months after release might cause my collection to be tainted by an ugly red case, I would just buy the game earlier.

or I would buy cheap, crappy games (such as 2+ year old sports games) for $1 and swap the cases.

The cover art would still be GH, thus uniformity would still be destroyed. I'm a little crazy about this stuff, but I just can't stand the red cases. For those hoping for an original case, Wal-Mart is pretty much guaranteed to have them if you can find a store that still has any in stock.

#39 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

The MW pack is REALLY tempting. My only concern would be replay value as I'm not too into MP. How are the campaigns?

COD4's campaign is fucking AWESOME!!! MW2's campaign is really good but its pretty short. MW2 also has Spec Ops Which you can play alone (or split screen) and will a few more hours of play.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#40 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

really wish the MW saga was on 360 also. I'm not sure why Amazon doesn't stock it. My local Gamestop has it for $50 or $60. I'm looking to pick up MW2, and wouldn't mind getting MW1 as well, loved that game so much.

#41 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

This is the silliest thread I've seen in awhile lol if someone were truly OCD, they would purchase the game immediately because they would have a list of irrational fears about losing the game: it'll go out of print, I'll only be able to find a gutted copy, what if it's travelled, etc.

So ,no one here really has a collective OCD situation, they're making a choice to keep a collection to a certain standard, it's also a choice you can unmake.

#42 Snuckles

Snuckles

And here we go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Is their an xbox equal to the MW 1 and 2 pack?

#43 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Is their an xbox equal to the MW 1 and 2 pack?

http://www.amazon.co...2345148&sr=8-43

Yes, but there are none in stock through Amazon, just a 3rd party seller. I would jump on this for $34.99 if it were.

#44 Snuckles

Snuckles

And here we go!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

http://www.amazon.co...2345148&sr=8-43

Yes, but there are none in stock through Amazon, just a 3rd party seller. I would jump on this for $34.99 if it were.

Thanks! buut yeah that sucks

#45 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

This is the silliest thread I've seen in awhile lol if someone were truly OCD, they would purchase the game immediately because they would have a list of irrational fears about losing the game: it'll go out of print, I'll only be able to find a gutted copy, what if it's travelled, etc.

So ,no one here really has a collective OCD situation, they're making a choice to keep a collection to a certain standard, it's also a choice you can unmake.

I had a roommate who was actually OCD. Among other things everything in his room had to be exactly parallel or perpendicular (he couldn't deal with curved objects, for example), and if you touched him even by accident he might instinctively freak out and punch you pretty hard. It's a crippling disorder if you actually have it.

Which is to say, I agree with you. Very few people here are actually OCD (1 in 50 in the country, so maybe a bit more than that here). Saying "I'm OCD" has become like a cute, accepted way of saying "I have _____ issue and I don't feel like doing anything about it so just accept it." On forums like this one people seem to get a pass when they say "I'm an OCD collector" simply because there are enough of them that it doesn't get stigmatized as much. If someone truly has OCD they should try to get help because it can be a serious thing (the D in OCD doesn't stand for Delightful). The idea that some people are capital-c Collectors and hence any standard they choose is clearly correct and justified is absurd. I have probably 800+ games just from buying and playing over 20 years, including all kinds of greatest hits, platinum hits, player's choice, etc. (some without cases even -- gasp!), and I am sure there are others here who have even more. I guess to some that makes us not Collectors, but ask 99.999% of the population if there is a difference between us and the guys who avoid red packaging and they'll say no.

#46 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

...'omg this GH/PH game is gonna mess with the feng shui of my immaculate game collection...

Buy a game cuz it's a good game and not cuz it messes with the feng shui of your 'omg collection'.

...they got sent the GH version and it messed with the feng shui of their game collection...

:roll:

#47 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

in for dead space

#48 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

If you are not into MP why would replay value matter much?

#49 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

If you are not into MP why would replay value matter much?

***NEWS FLASH*** Some poeple play through campaigns more than once

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#50 DemonAlcohol

DemonAlcohol

Diabolic Mastermind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Any opinions on Darksiders?

Posted Image

#51 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Excellent game!!!

87688.png

#52 s1mons4yz

s1mons4yz

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

Excellent game indeed..i just finished it around 11-12 hours. Its a mixture of zelda and god of war 3. Most underrated game imo.

#53 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Excellent game indeed..i just finished it around 11-12 hours. Its a mixture of zelda and god of war 3. Most underrated game imo.

It has pretty good scores across the board and everyone I've seen to comment on it loves it. I think people don't understand what underrated means anymore. The ratings and praise for the game can't get much higher.

Considering the MW2 pack, but not 100% on it. If it were at $29.99, I would probably go for it. Just mad I missed out on the $10 deal at gamestop the other day for MW2 :(