Buy 2 Select Games, get $5/$10 off each plus $15/$20 Credit at Amazon

Egos

CAGiversary!
Amazon is running two separate promotions on select titles.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2 select games, get $10 off each and get a $20 credit
Highlights include:
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $39.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $39.99

:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $39.99
:360: CoD : Black Ops $49.99

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2 select games, get $5 off each and get a $15 credit
Highlights include:
:ds: Super Scribblenauts $24.99
:ds: Sonic Colors $19.99
:psp: God of War: Ghost of Sparta $29.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_bungle']Who is the guy withthe chicken in your avatar. I've seen that somewhere else too, what's it from?[/QUOTE]

It was the intro to THEKINGOFHATE's most racist remarks of 2010 series. IDK where thekingofhate got it from. Look it up on youtube.

Damn I'd like DKCR, but nothing else there remotely interests me other than maybe Epic Mickey since I already own Kirby. And I feel like Epic Mickey is going to take a hard drop in the near future. Nintendo 1st party games used to never drop, but I feel like DKCR will probably hit close to $35 in the near future just like SMG2, Kirby, and Metroid did not too long after release. Nothing really worth the investment to flip either. Urgh...

[quote name='bk187']Gah really tempted on DKCR and Kirby's Epic Yarn.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. I rarely spend more than 25 bucks on a game. First title nintendo games however do tend to hold their value at around 40 bucks. Didn't hesitate since there gifts and not for me.

[quote name='kodave']Damn I'd like DKCR, but nothing else there remotely interests me other than maybe Epic Mickey since I already own Kirby. And I feel like Epic Mickey is going to take a hard drop in the near future. Nintendo 1st party games used to never drop, but I feel like DKCR will probably hit close to $35 in the near future just like SMG2, Kirby, and Metroid did not too long after release. Nothing really worth the investment to flip either. Urgh...[/QUOTE]

They MIGHT add goldeneye to this deal. It's just not in stock right now. In my case goldeneye would make a better present but I'm not holding my breath...

Thanks. Purchased Donkey Kong and Kirby. 30 dollars for each title was my sweet spot. These days, I refuse to spend more than 30 on a Wii title.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']I feel your pain. I rarely spend more than 25 bucks on a game. First title nintendo games however do tend to hold their value at around 40 bucks. Didn't hesitate since there gifts and not for me.[/QUOTE]

My main problem is that I just bought a Wii and thus have a huge backlog of all the good Wii games of the past 4 years. Despite this, I'm pretty sure I am going to pick these up considering I doubt they will drop lower than 30 until next holiday season.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Thanks. Purchased Donkey Kong and Kirby. 30 dollars for each title was my sweet spot. These days, I refuse to spend more than 30 on a Wii title.[/QUOTE]

The games are still 40 each at checkout. If you add in the promotional credit, then yes they come out to $30 each. Was slightly confusing to me.

Did anyone else notice that this is $20 credit to Amazon.com and not $20 video game credit?

Makes the deal so much better.

Going to use that $20 towards non video game Christmas presents.

Picked up Kirby and DK!

What the hell? What are you supposed to combine God Of War with on that list? Ben 10?

None of those games match up with it system or genre-wise

Is it just me but I can't seem to get the promo credit to show up at checkout? I put Sonic Colors DS and Super Scribblenauts in cart but there's no mention of a $15 credit at checkout. :\

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']Fail for me...can't order 2 copies of black ops..damn[/QUOTE]

You don't have to order then directly from that page (at least I don't believe you do)... I had DKC Returns in my Gold Box, so I got that and Epic Mickey for $77.98

[quote name='Miro']Is it just me but I can't seem to get the promo credit to show up at checkout? I put Sonic Colors DS and Super Scribblenauts in cart but there's no mention of a $15 credit at checkout. :\[/QUOTE]

It will not show up in the checkout screen of this purchase... after it ships (about two days) you will get an email with a code/confirmation of a credit... that credit will show up in your next purchase.

[quote name='zenintrude']It will not show up in the checkout screen of this purchase... after it ships (about two days) you will get an email with a code/confirmation of a credit... that credit will show up in your next purchase.[/QUOTE]

There should be a note showing that you've qualified for the promo credit. That's what I've seen in other orders including promo credit. I'm not getting that to show up for this particular order.

[quote name='zenintrude']You don't have to order then directly from that page (at least I don't believe you do)... I had DKC Returns in my Gold Box, so I got that and Epic Mickey for $77.98[/QUOTE]

They modify my shipping quantity during checkout to a maximum of 1 copy. I was gonna go in on this and give one as a gift but its a no-go

[quote name='Miro']There should be a note showing that you've qualified for the promo credit. That's what I've seen in other orders including promo credit. I'm not getting that to show up for this particular order.[/QUOTE]

I saw no note on my order either but I figure with Amazon you don't have to worry.

[quote name='Miro']There should be a note showing that you've qualified for the promo credit. That's what I've seen in other orders including promo credit. I'm not getting that to show up for this particular order.[/QUOTE]

Just called Amazon... said it's good and should automatically apply two days after the items have shipped.

[quote name='bk187']My main problem is that I just bought a Wii and thus have a huge backlog of all the good Wii games of the past 4 years. Despite this, I'm pretty sure I am going to pick these up considering I doubt they will drop lower than 30 until next holiday season.[/QUOTE]

That used to be true, but NSMB dropped fairly quickly by comparison. I bet you could pick these up around this price in the summer.

If you have someone willing to play with you the rabbid games are great fun. Oh and highly recommend RE4 with the new controls.

[quote name='confoosious']There's also a $10 mastercard credit for prime members for certain (all?) of those games.[/QUOTE]

You bastard. Your pointing that out just pushed me over the edge to pull the trigger on DK and Mickey.

Thanks Cheapy and Egos!

Dang, good deal on Ghost of Sparta, but nothing for me to match it with...

Hmm...take a risk on Donkey Kong + ...wouldn't mind CODBLOPS or Castlevania, but actually of those I most want to try Spiderman.

Weird that it's only Wii and Xbox games. But maybe Donkey Kong and Spider-Man...

[quote name='FadeToOne']You bastard. Your pointing that out just pushed me over the edge to pull the trigger on DK and Mickey.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did. Basically 50 for both games.

I didn't get a confirmation on the mastercard promo but this being amazon, I'm not worried.

too bad they didnt have more games

if your hurting wonder what this would be

2x sonic colors 39.99 - 15 buck bonus credit + trade one into amazon for 15.75

total out of pocket 40 bucks
Trade in credit 30.75

knocks one copy of sonic colors down to 9.25 wonder if the game is any good

now if your just looking at flipping

2x sonic colors 40 bucks
15 buck credit + 31.50 trade in credit = 46.50
make 6.50

Yeah, looks like the changed the list a bit. I see more PS3 games now too.

Glad I got DK and Mickey when I did then.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How do you get the 5.00 off? I'm not seeing it with 2X of Sonic Colors, or 1 of Sonic Colors and Super Scribblenauts[/QUOTE]

The prices listed are already $5 or more off

[quote name='jacknicklson']The prices listed are already $5 or more off[/QUOTE]
Ahhh, okay then. Thanks Jack
I still may do the deal. I just hope getting 2X Sonic Colors doesn't invalidate the credit for some reason. I said I'd buy DS Sonic Colors for under 10.00 and this is just the ticket for that.

For all those looking at DKCR:

If you go to the DKCR page itself, it still lists the $20 credit promotion. I bet if you ordered it you would either get it, or if you didn't get it, just ask them and they would give it.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Too bad they took DKCR off, I'd have probably gotten that with Kirby. Oh well. Will wait longer.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure that paired with Kirby was super popular and they ran out of the number they wanted for that
I mean to grab DK and Kirby for 80 with 20 back and then another 10 back for using a Mastercard is a pretty great deal, I'm guessing it didn't last past lunch (EST)

[quote name='kodave']Welp, removing DKCR from the list makes the decision to not spend money easier.[/QUOTE]
I am kinda glad that I won't be tempted anymore, but is it absolutely necessary for amazon to put a deal up for a couple of hours and then take it down again and again and again? I've had this happen at least a half dozen times in the last month. As I'm making up my mind, POOF, it's gone. Heck, it's happened twice on THIS very promo. They should make it a lightning deal or something if it's available for such a limited time only.

[quote name='Zurcamos']I am kinda glad that I won't be tempted anymore, but is it absolutely necessary for amazon to put a deal up for a couple of hours and then take it down again and again and again? I've had this happen at least a half dozen times in the last month. As I'm making up my mind, POOF, it's gone. Heck, it's happened twice on THIS very promo. They should make it a lightning deal or something if it's available for such a limited time only.[/QUOTE]

Well, stop dilly dallying then. For the people who got in on the deal, they're glad that amazon did put it up, even if it's for a limited time/units.

You can't expect them to sell all their copies at the super cheap price. Even amazon needs to make money.

bread's done
Back