Photo
- - - - -

All Video Games Gold Box Event Today + Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $38 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#211 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

when is the one for kinect coming out? that should be the only one worth buying..

^Was hoping against all odds it would be the DS version.

#212 11anthony

11anthony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

ill take a bite of AC:B. had my eyes on it ever since it was released

anyone want to guess how much Lords of Shadow might be going for?

#213 s1mons4yz

s1mons4yz

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

AC:B worth the cost? Also, im hoping castlevania to be like $25 or so. but considerin all these terrible deals, its gonna be like $40

#214 goldenhk

goldenhk

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Borderlands Expired 14% claimed
GTA IV Expired 29% claimed
MOH 3% claimed 22 minutes to go

Amazon Video Games GoldBox = Fail

One good reason = not cheap enough.

#215 rpgfan

rpgfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

What a sad say.

#216 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

So last night, Castlevania was at $44. Today, they've raised it to $49.96 meaning we'll probably get an extremely crappy price.

#217 Jabrim

Jabrim

Inside a county jail

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

AC:B worth the cost? Also, im hoping castlevania to be like $25 or so. but considerin all these terrible deals, its gonna be like $40

Yes, it seems like they are matching most of Target's ads and if that is the case, yes it would be $40, if so I am going to pass as well.
Posted Image

#218 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

I think I'll just wait until AC:B is $20. I just started playing AC2 this week, which has been great so far.

#219 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Might try to get Castlevania or Splatterhouse

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#220 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

glad i slept in.

#221 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

So last night, Castlevania was at $44. Today, they've raised it to $49.96 meaning we'll probably get an extremely crappy price.

My guess would be 39.99

#222 amphigorey

amphigorey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Not so much lightning deals, more like light drizzle with some far away thunder deals. I don't think we can expect more than 30% off msrp at this point.

#223 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Few more seconds until this nose picker guy{confoosious} comes along and starts insulting anyone who says how crappy these deals are.

#224 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

These deals are totally crappy. I havent bought a thing today. I'm not here to defend crappy deals. I just get a laugh out of the people who get their knickers in a twist cause of it. Is a bad deal something to scream at god for? I mean, if you are getting all butthurt over a retailer not giving you a deal at a price you want, you're the one with the problem, not me.

But thanks for calling me out! :bouncy:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#225 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Wow... this must be the worst non-Wii only gold box event Amazon ever had!!! I've never seen such low "claimed" %'s on expired deals.

Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses!

#226 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

Before I jump the shark on AC:B and burn a hole through my wallet...

- Do I need to play the first to AC to know whats going on?
- Is the multiplayer actually good? Does it feel like it was tacked on? Is it something that has a CoD level of quality of addiction?

#227 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

- Is the multiplayer actually good? Does it feel like it was tacked on? Is it something that has a CoD level of quality of addiction?

Technically you don't need to play the first one, although I recommend playing the second one for both the gameplay and the story. The first one is fun but very repetitive. I hear that the multiplayer is pretty dang good.

#228 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

These deals are totally crappy. I havent bought a thing today. I'm not here to defend crappy deals. I just get a laugh out of the people who get their knickers in a twist cause of it. Is a bad deal something to scream at god for? I mean, if you are getting all butthurt over a retailer not giving you a deal at a price you want, you're the one with the problem, not me.

Hey I know, I'm just having a little fun. I mean it can't be a bad deal if you don't buy anything right?

#229 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

Technically you don't need to play the first one, although I recommend playing the second one for both the gameplay and the story. The first one is fun but very repetitive. I hear that the multiplayer is pretty dang good.

I agree with what he said. AC1 wasn't too bad, just repetitive. If you want the story just find it online somewhere.

Also highly recommend playing AC2. It's a great all around game. Good graphics, gameplay, and the story is cool.

I haven't even opened my copy of ACB yet but I hear the single player is a continuation of AC2 and if you loved AC2 then you'll love it because it's MOTS. The multi-player is supposed to be awesome.

#230 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

Nice deal on ACB. Got it for about $37 at goHastings but its was part of a B2g1 so it averaged at 27 bucks or so. Not a bad price for a new copy though. I'd expect it to drop more next month. Definitely will actually. I mean, its Ubisoft...
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#231 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

As others have said, you don't really need to play the first one but ACB starts of literally RIGHT WHERE AC2 ends. So you should play AC2 first for the full experience.

And the multiplayer is one of the best multiplayers I have played in a long time. Definitely not tacked on. It's very intense and keeps you on your toes the entire time. Lots of fun.

I'm glad that these deals aren't so great though. I was hoping for GTAIV to be $20 but it wasn't keke. Save me some $$$.

#232 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Another video game gold box day.

Another day full of fail deals.

#233 tigstah

tigstah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

Another video game gold box day.

Another day full of fail deals.

uhhh yeah......that pretty much sums it up for me.

#234 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

the only thing im kicking myself for was misreading the gta4 price. I would have bit on 25. And yeah, everything else is bad today.

#235 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

yet you are getting ur knickers in a twist over people getting their knickers in a twist over amazon pulling deals?

really whos anal retentive here?

why does it bother you so much what someone else feels?

now i will sit back and wait for the grammar police to come around........i know hes out there somewhere with no life, waiting to correct me slamming his fist on the computer desk..

#236 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Oh wow, totally Amazing deal on the Michael Jackson game... Not.

I was hoping for Borderlands GOTY at $20. The Full GTA IV Collection at $20 too. It'll happen, eventually. If not, I'll just pick up a normal copy of Borderlands when it reaches the $10 mark. Already beat GTA IV and had my experience of it, but its always fun to explore that big city, no matter how long you've played it.

These are really just very minor deals. No special promotion rushing people in to buy games, so I guess the best deals we are going to see are going to top out at around 30%. I would say we'll get a solid Gold Box day right around Christmas when they're trying to bully people in to buying into a year of Amazon Prime, or buy top dollar shipping. You heard it here first. ;)

#237 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

I knew ACB would go down in price but lol I told my folks about today's deal and they're like oh well it's too late now. I know what I'm getting for Christmas (was on my wishlist).:bouncy:

Edited by Spybreak8, 15 December 2010 - 10:15 PM.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#238 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

Oh wow, totally Amazing deal on the Michael Jackson game... Not.

Oh ho ho! You indicated that you meant the opposite of what you actually chose to say! You, my dear sir, are the cat's pyjamas!

#239 Phrozenspite

Phrozenspite

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

are we sure the MMA game they're talking about is UFC undisputed?
based on the description I'd say it's talking about Ea Sports MMA since the UFC is inside the octagon(a cage), but in ea sports MMA you can fight in a ring

Swagbucks
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Marxn
get free Amazon GCs just for searching, every 450 points is a $5

ach.png

#240 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

Oh ho ho! You indicated that you meant the opposite of what you actually chose to say! You, my dear sir, are the cat's pyjamas!

:applause: