Photo
- - - - -

Humble Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#361 GamerKingFaiz

GamerKingFaiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Aquaria - Haven't played it yet.

Braid - Absolutely loved this game. It's a platformer by the looks of things, but it's not super action-y platforming that you're used to in games like Mario, it's more thought out platforming. It's almost, you could say, a puzzle game. And the story is quite good. It is personally my second favorite video game ending of all time now (first being MGS3).

Cortext Command - Haven't played it yet.

Gish - Haven't played it yet.

Lugaru HD - Haven't played it yet.

Machinarium - This is a point and click kind of game, which is pretty interesting. You have to use your mind to play this one, nothing too skill related in a video game sense here. But if you dig these types of games, you will like it.

Osmos - Very cool little game that uses the law of physics as it's ruleset. And it can be relaxing. I haven't been able to spend enough time with this game yet, but I do want to play some more of it.

Penumbra: Overture - Haven't played it yet.

Revenge of the Titans - Haven't played it yet.

Saromost 2 - Haven't played it yet.

World of Goo - This is a puzzle game too that makes you think about building little goo balls to get from one place to another. It really works well and is a lot of fun. I remember playing it on my sister's Wii, and was totally hooked. And I am glad that I was able to get it from the Humble Indie Bundle #1 that was packaged along with HIB#2!

fs_lastplayed.png

#362 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

Lugaru HD = Furry: The Game

Seriously...

#363 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Lugaru HD = Furry: The Game

Seriously...

Perhaps, but if I had to give that title to a single game, it would have to be that Elysian Tail thing.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#364 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

oh wow
i just checked that game..

The gameplay looks pretty cool but those anthropomorphic characters take the furry concept to a whole new level
Furry and Anime: The Game
:\

#365 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

oh wow
i just checked that game..

The gameplay looks pretty cool but those anthropomorphic characters take the furry concept to a whole new level
Furry and Anime: The Game
:\

The guy making it, Noogy, is a notorious furry who's been around forever. Anyone who's ever played Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is familiar with his "work."
Hi...

Posted Image

#366 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

Thanks donated.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#367 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

Wow these guys are so awesome, this made my week. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#368 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:09 AM

I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone? And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.

#369 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone? And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.

From www.humblebundle.com

Not all of the games are on Steam yet: Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans will automatically be added to your library once they make their Steam debut.

#370 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:38 AM

I don't suppose there is a way to gift the games you already own to someone?

You could do better, and buy a whole bundle for them. Where are you gonna do better than 10 games, available both on Steam (and two other digital services) and DRM-free direct downloads, for under 8 bucks?

And is it only a few games that can be dl'd on Steam? HB2 is only letting me install three games on Steam.

If you'd care to read the note on the website:

Cortex Command and Revenge of the Titans will be auto-activated when they make their Steam debut.

Hi...

Posted Image

#371 Lost Loser

Lost Loser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:04 AM

I agree with GamerKingFaiz on his assessments of the games he had played, so I'll just comment my thoughts on the ones he hasn't:

Aquaria - Sort of like Metroid in gameplay and Ecco in setting. You also learn songs that do special things, so a little bit like OoT. It's pretty fun and has great style.

Cortext Command - I only played the tutorial, but I'll say it was kind of difficult with my laptop's touchpad. It seems to be a 2D shooter that takes some strategy.

Gish - A nice enough platformer, but I feel like it has been outdone by every other indie PC platformer that's been notable lately (that is, I liked Braid, VVVVVV, And Yet It Moves, and Super Meat Boy all much more than this game). You play as a tar ball who makes it through levels using his ability to squeeze through small holes, bounce, and pack himself together to become heavier.

Lugaru HD - I couldn't really get into this one. It's furry art design, dark story, and confusing controls combined into something I just didn't want to play. I should give it another chance. It's set in a fully 3D world with an emphasis on real time close range combat.

Penumbra: Overture - My favorite game of HIB #1 because I love horror games. This one has a more physical world than something like Resident Evil where you just click on an item to use it. There's stuff like moving things around with your mouse and blocking doors to make sure you're safe.

Revenge of the Titans - I didn't play this one much yet. It's some sort of strategy game where you build things to fight of approaching hoards (is that a tower defense game, I don't know).

Saromost 2 - I thinks it's a point-and-click adventure like Machinarium, but I found it's puzzles to be tougher, so I haven't played it as much as Machinarium (that is, I haven't touched it since the day it was originally added to the HIB #1 last year).

Edited by Lost Loser, 25 December 2010 - 07:05 AM.
fix a typo

#372 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

You could do better, and buy a whole bundle for them. Where are you gonna do better than 10 games, available both on Steam (and two other digital services) and DRM-free direct downloads, for under 8 bucks?

I realize that. I just didn't want to waste games I already own.

#373 Fragger

Fragger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:30 AM

Is anybody else having issues getting Revenge of the Titans to run? The game will not even come up for me at all. I'll see it in processes but it goes away almost instantly. =\

I'm going to have to send in my specs to the people doing the bundle and see what they say about it.

#374 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:02 AM

Is anybody else having issues getting Revenge of the Titans to run? The game will not even come up for me at all. I'll see it in processes but it goes away almost instantly. =\

I'm going to have to send in my specs to the people doing the bundle and see what they say about it.

Out of everything I installed (all Steam games + RotT), RotT is the only game I've played and it worked fine.

#375 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Went ahead and donated. Grabbed Bundle #1 too with the donation, which was nice. Missed out on that one. But I can't turn down a good deal for good games that benefits charity.

#376 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

2 minutes left. This show is just about over.
Hi...

Posted Image

#377 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Dang it, I totally forgot, and am over two weeks late :lol:
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image