Kingdom Hearts Re:coded- General Discussion Thread

adriley313

Banned
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded- Released January 11, 2010

Product Description

Sora's journey in Kingdom Hearts II has drawn to a close, and now a new tale is set to begin. Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn't write it - so how on earth did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitize the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this “datascape” dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.

Amazon/Gamestop
Pre-order Bonuses:

Amazon:
"Kingdom Hearts Re:coded" Pre-sale Bonus
Order "Kingdom Hearts Re:coded" and receive a set of Icon Decals. Each of the 32 decals are 2mm thick and represent various motifs from the "Kingdom Hearts" series, giving you the freedom to make your own customized decoration. They will be included in pack when the game ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm angry at Kingdom Hearts right now. So I will lie for now and say I won't get it.

I'm pissed they can't stick to one system. In game timeline order.. We got Birth By Sleep (PSP), Kingdom Hearts (PS2), Chain of Memories (GBA/PS2), 365/2 days (DS), Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2), Coded (DS), Kingdom Hearts 3D(3DS)

So to play them all you need 3 systems as of Coded and 4 as of 3D. 3D ticks me off because it isn't some side story like Coded is, it will actually continue from the end of KH2 and the results there. So you really do need it to know what is up.

I call bullshit!

i played 1 on the ps2 and liked it
i have 358/2 days sealed on my shelf and will probably put re:coded next to it since i have a huge backlog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adriley313']i played 1 on the ps2 and liked it
i have 365/2 days sealed on my shelf and will probably put re:coded next to it since i have a huge backlog[/QUOTE]

I got all of them...why depsite my rage I'll get this one I'm sure.

Kmart is going to have a $15 coupon with purchase during release week. That beats the decals in my opinion by far.

Also, just to point it out, it's 358/2 Days, not 365.

I can't wait for Re:Coded. I've enjoyed any KH game I played, so I don't think I'll have a problem enjoying it.

[quote name='Altanis'].

Also, just to point it out, it's 358/2 Days, not 365.
.[/QUOTE]

It is a relatively crap game compared to the rest, I'm not overly concerned with the name.

[quote name='adriley313']anyone else getting this[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it with release day delievery from Amazon.

the reviews I'd read so far say it is just like a toned down version of KH1 (even same story) but with a different "advancement' system.

I got an email from Squeenix today about a launch event in NYC. Here's the pertinent info for anyone who's interested:

[quote name='"Square Enix"']Come celebrate the launch of KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded with us at Nintendo World in Rockefeller Center on Sunday, January 9, 2011, from 11am-3pm! Attendees will take home KINGDOM HEARTS swag that is unavailable anywhere else, and five lucky fans will win a lithograph signed by Tetsuya Nomura![/quote]

They're also going to have a photobooth available (I'm guessing it's going to be similar to the one that was at the DQIX launch event) and of course they'll be selling the game.

[quote name='blueshinra']I got an email from Squeenix today about a launch event in NYC. Here's the pertinent info for anyone who's interested:

They're also going to have a photobooth available (I'm guessing it's going to be similar to the one that was at the DQIX launch event) and of course they'll be selling the game.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I'd like to go get some swag, but I've already ordered the game elsewhere.

The reviews I've read don't seem too fascinating. I'm tired of visiting the same places. Agrabah? The Olympus Colosseum? Been there, done that.

I think I'm going to go to the Nintendo World Store after all. The decals aren't that great, and maybe someone else on line will bring 358/2 Days / Birth By Sleep to play with.

Why in the hell would I want to play this? I beat KH on the PS2 years ago. I don't want to play through the same game again.

[quote name='pete5883']I think I'm going to go to the Nintendo World Store after all. The decals aren't that great, and maybe someone else on line will bring 358/2 Days / Birth By Sleep to play with.[/QUOTE]
Kmart will be having a $15 coupon the week of release, if that's better and there's a Kmart close by to you that participates.

I have to agree with the general consensus of "I've already played this" but for some reason I will still be there buying this from Kmart.

[quote name='adriley313']Ive played KH on PS2 and liked it
I still have 358/2 days sitting on my shelf sealed[/QUOTE]

Not having played 358/2 could be the best decision of your life.

I'm glad I went to the NWS event. The game was only 29.99 instead of the 34.99 Amazon is charging, and I got the decals anyway. Thought I was getting a lot of tags in-store, but after seeing a few too many clever names in a row, I'm pretty sure you get a bunch even if you don't actually connect to another person.

Got to play 358/2 Days while waiting on line too, which was nice. Pretty hectic, and verrry laggy when playing with someone who is a little too far behind you on line.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by this so far. The fighting is more fun than 358/2 Days, and I really like the Stat Matrix.

This is one of the main reasons I can't wait to be home this weekend. Well, it and Chrono Trigger that I got for free because of the $15 credit from KH :D. I loved KH2 (it's one of about 4 PS2 games I've completed, actually, and that list doesn't include KH1) and a portable version sounds awesome.

bread's done
Back